• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

failgubbe

from what i can tell its the even number levels that are the real pain, odd levels arent as bad though they do get tricky, just did 7 first go, but that went on for like 10 rounds :/ 8 i'm leaving until later, I honestly fear what that entails :/

If you fail do you have to start over from the first level or just restart the one you failed?

HADFeb9.jpg

LVTzFtw.jpg

Too lazy to use the uncompressed method. This game really shines sometimes and other times it looks pretty ugly.

pahamrick

Finished up all the story missions. A few brief thoughts, reviews have never been my strong suit.
These are all related to the final few missions, so don't read unless you've finished please.

I hated how they resolved the plot line for Clara. I mean, it was obvious since the opening of the game that she was the hacker who revealed Aiden and Damien, but her finale was really shitty. "Oh, I'm totally the hacker who sold you out and I meant to tell you!" "Well FUCK off, I hate you now! STAY AWAY GIRLIE" So then she just calls psycho Damien and tries to trade herself for Aiden's sister? Really? How stupid. Then gunned down pointlessly.I was hoping for a better resolution, I enjoyed her character for what little screen time she actually had.

That final mission, my god. I don't know if I was just having bad luck with it, but it was just frustration city for me. Trying to drive to plant the virus while Damien keeps fucking with the lights, blowing the steam vents, and triggering cops so they're constantly slamming and shooting.

Overall, I really enjoyed the game but those things put a damper on it.

Grisby

So, are cash run missions set to Uplay's servers or do I have to get further into the game to unlock them? Only did the prologue mission but they are coming up as 'unavailable'.

hbkdx12

from what i can tell its the even number levels that are the real pain, odd levels arent as bad though they do get tricky, just did 7 first go, but that went on for like 10 rounds :/ 8 i'm leaving until later, I honestly fear what that entails :/

The rounds increase too?!?! The flippin hell...

A few hours in and the game is really growing on me... It really reminds me ( may sound strange ) of Split/Second, which was awesome. With the push of a button....The city is your weapon.

This is one of the reasons i decided to pick the game up. Between the hacking missions that have a splinter cell / arkham city (predator missions) vibe, and the car chases that can have a split/second vibe, i'm loving things.

So bummed that there won't be a sequel to split/second. Absolutely loved that game.

damn. PC.

Looks pretty good, unfortunately I'm still not sure if the servers are down on PC still 2 days after release, or I just don't have something set right. Either way, one of the best facets of the game, Multiplayer, is and has been inaccessible. Tons of people in here on PC mention they can't get connected to MP matches. It's a supremely frustrating experience. I wish I had bought it on PS4, even a lesser overall experience would of been worth it for consistency.

Edit: Now I can't even login to uplay servers

Skyzard

Banned
Man the 4K downsampling(? - or whatever magic Dennis has on his game) is just crazy. My monitor won't let me do anything above 2560x1600 (native is 1920x1200) - dell2407wfp. I stick to native for playing though.

Fresh recording but with Sweetfx:

http://a.pomf.se/olkalf.webm

I'm liking most of the activities but that is Ubi-bloat at its worst. Especially since you can't do more than one level at a time since your opponent goes to sleep after you drink him to death.

Every outfit (other than maybe Malcontent) makes Aiden look like even more of a idiot than he does by default.

I know.

But I want to see them. Honestly, Ubi sucked at making Aiden's design. I guess it's practical, but it honestly (asides from the scarf) does not look very good at all. The only one I've kinda liked is the one that Aiden wears during the 'Alone' Digital Trip. I'm wearing one that looks okay now, but I can't remember the name (dark green sweater, some kind of mesh jacket????)

I feel like they could have done so much better with his clothing choices.

That said, I do like how we wears that scarf on his face to cover up.

And why's it matter wearing that scarf anyway? The cameras can't detect him, he's invisible to ctOS.

ttech10

I'm liking most of the activities but that is Ubi-bloat at its worst. Especially since you can't do more than one level at a time since your opponent goes to sleep after you drink him to death.

The drinking game in Pawnee is seriously the worst thing I've ever tried to do in a video game. I think I'm on round 6 or 7 now, whichever has the R/L sticks, and I've about had it. I think they would have been fine with just making it 5 rounds with each person. How it is now is ridiculous. PSN Profiles shows 4 people on PS3 who got it and 22 on PS4.

I had to stop playing it before it caused me to hate the game entirely.

komplanen

Don't know if this has bee said a billion times but...

Pro Tip:
Get the hacking skill that highlights pedestrians with money/cars/music with a blue box even if you are not directly looking at them. Now if you drive around it will still sometimes highlight these targets dispite you being in a car. These are always the highest amounts of money, often well above $10K so they are worth stopping for.

First, I wanted to chime in that I'm one of the people who bought the Season Pass separately on PS4 and it didn't unlock any content. It shows up in the "Additional Content" section in-game, but I don't have the gangster outfit or any other extra weapons. There's no way to uninstall and re-install the Season Pass, so I have no clue what to do about this.

Second, I wanted to say the leaderboards for mini-games such as the Coin Rush challenges are pointless. Why? I finished a Coin Rush level in an ok-time, and then I looked at the leaderboard. What was the time of the #1 position:

0:00

I don't usually say this much, but HAX!!!1

Skyzard

Banned
Those with stuttering issues - have you tried lowering the resolution and then editing the gamerprofile.xml file to SuperSampling="1" to make it look better possibly?

sorry, wrong thread

Pro Tip:
Get the hacking skill that highlights pedestrians with money/cars/music with a blue box even if you are not directly looking at them. Now if you drive around it will still sometimes highlight these targets dispite you being in a car. These are always the highest amounts of money, often well above $10K so they are worth stopping for.

That sounds annoying as hell if they show up when you don't even have your profiler on

nib95

Banned
Quick question, when you do those weird blue icon side missions, are they supposed to last so long? Like, I did the retro shooting one and ended up playing till like level 24, and then also did the digital trip jumping one which seemed to have God knows how many different levels.

Are they supposed to be that long, and is there any reward or penalty for doing a certain number of levels or tracks or whatever?

-Deimos

Pro Tip:

Is money even an issue in this game? I haven't found anything to spend it on other than outfits.

Guys where can i do the "Online Introducton" ?

Can't join online sessions without that but i donnow where to check :/

Continue the story.

Top Bottom