• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

GavinUK86

It does have it's beautiful moments...
watch_dogs_2014_05_29_20_16_52_940_by_gavinuk86-d7k8680.png

I guess my biggest disappointment with this game is that it's really not built around the concept of playing as a good guy. There's a very limited amount of non-lethal weapons or options. Stealing cars and such is required by the missions. It's even too easy to hack peoples bank accounts accidentally, which I've done twice. It's not what I thought it would be I guess. I don't think of a vigilante as someone who regularly commits crimes against everyone, just someone who commits crimes against criminals.

One of the things that annoyed me is
in the Big Brother mission when your sister gets the prank phone call
you have no choice but to steal a car. I tried running after the guy on foot and you can't. But then, later on after that when you have to infiltrate the ctOS base
to find who set the prank caller up
I was able to do that entire mission from the sidewalk in front of the place, just using hacking. That was fucking awesome. I never even set foot inside.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, I guess you decide what kind of vigilante you will be. If you were enough of an ideologue, I can see thinking that stealing from everyone is a small price to pay for the greater good. I'm avoiding crimes and violence as much as possible though, and I've hacked a couple bank accounts by accident too. Feels bad :(

I guess I have no issues with stealing cars for justice here though. Bring it back where you found it if you're that concerned ;) And while the baton is my non-lethal method of choice if I must get my hands dirty, remember you can also kneecap guards/cops/whatever to "neutralize" them rather than killing.

Kysen

Silent invasions, holy shit genius. Just had a complete wtf moment while I was driving around between missions. I'm used to random pedestrian aggro in GTA so when a npc rammed me at an intersection I thought nothing of it. That was until after getting out of my car the guy tried to run me over. Still I was thinking wow the AI is good, he then got out of the car and pulled a gun on me. Shit got real. No name tags, no incoming invasion warning, nothing till I managed to kill him.

After that I went straight into some online hacking missions. Had a nail biting hack that hit 90% before getting profiled. The guy I was watching running around my parked car firing in the air like a lunatic.

Dunkers92

Absolutely loving this game on PS4.

I've only done 5 missions but have been playing the game for hours, just roaming around the world. Lots of stuff to do and to get distracted by. I am really impressed with the world/city Ubi have created. So far, I definitely feel more immersed in this game than I did in GTA5. Also have no issue with how this game looks graphically. Pretty impressed actually. I think it really shines at sunrise and when it rains

Also love the online aspect. Getting invaded was hilarious, totally messed up taking down the guy but it was great fun. I am absolutely terrible at hacking other players at the moment but I'm sure I will get better. Also have no issue with the driving. It's a little clunky but it's not terrible by any means. Bikes are fun to ride as well

A few hours in and the game is really growing on me... It really reminds me ( may sound strange ) of Split/Second, which was awesome. With the push of a button....The city is your weapon.

hbkdx12

Few questions:
1) Is there any way to check the time in game?
2) Can you check your total play time?

1) if you go to your hideout and go to bed, the game lets you pick what time you want to wake up. I think it defaults to 8hrs from whatever the current time is. I'm not entirely sure

2) Nope

remember you can also kneecap guards/cops/whatever to "neutralize" them rather than killing.
The animation on these needs to be better. With the silent spec ops pistol you still need to shoot someone in the legs 3 times and when they do go down they pretty much look dead so if you don't look at the xp indicator it's not easy to tell if they're actually neutralized or killed

On a side note, i love putting a stop to witness phone calls when he grabs the phone and just throws it to the ground. What a dick haha

hbkdx12

ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh.

that damn drinking game is tooo hard

I'm pretty sure the different versions around the city have their own individual difficulty levels.

I know for sure the drinking game up in Pawnee is labeled "extreme" but there are other instances in other places that i know aren't as difficult

Loving this game, the police chases are so much fun. Haven't had this much fun getting chased by cops since San Andreas.

The soundtrack is an issue though and will hurt longevity. I'm currently on act 1 still, 20% complete. But if the game had a soundtrack great enough to drive around to, i'd probably be at 10% complete with just as much time spent in game.

Linius

jTl2n9Jw1nBA7.jpg

I got Aiden to hold his gun like this for a brief moment after I just kept hitting the button to holster his weapon. Still doesn't help though but it almost feels like progress.

Also I found out that a clean reinstall actually doesn't do shit because the game automatically synchronises with the damn cloud. So basically if I reinstall the game I still play with the same save file and I there by still have the bug. Is there a way to delete everything from the Ubi cloud and start over fresh?

EDIT

Also, here's the exact moment the bug sets in for me no matter what. Right after I throw that device Aiden pulls his gun for no reason and I'm stuck with it.

Gaz_RB

Also I found out that a clean reinstall actually doesn't do shit because the game automatically synchronises with the damn cloud. So basically if I reinstall the game I still play with the same save file and I there by still have the bug. Is there a way to delete everything from the Ubi cloud and start over fresh?

That is outrageous. Anyway to have the internet off when doing the install?

Lima

thats the one i'm doing!! XD

Like no joke this is the hardest shit in the game right there man.

I'm playing on realistic taking down convoys left and right with ease but this? oh boy.

And there is a trophy/achievement for beating level 10 at all 3 bars.

This is like the hardest trophy/achievement of the game.

I'm playing on realistic taking down convoys left and right with ease but this? oh boy.

it either needs patching or something added to the game to make it easier like all the other mini games have

Linius

That is outrageous. Anyway to have the internet off when doing the install?

Well I have to download the 14GB file first. And then when you hit play after downloading it installs a few things. Not sure if it won't pick up any info from the cloud if I plug off the internet during the last part but that's something I can try I guess. I'll notice it soon enough because now it remembered all the settings I had set. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it and started playing and all my settings were still in place like I put them on the previous install. So that's what makes me think I just can't get rid of the bug this way.

Will try it tomorrow.

EDIT

For what it's worth I also tried my wired 360 controller besides the DS4 and keyboard/mouse. I have seen that opening cinematic about six times in full now because you can't skip it.

Kelsey

Banned
I just did the "PS4 Exclusive bonus hour of gaming" quest line. What a load of garbage. Should have just given me the extra battery notch and suit of clothes and called it a day. The hour of gameplay consisted of 3 tailing missions, and the absolute worst infiltration mission.

hbkdx12

there's 10 levels to each drinking game? Didn't not know that. Thought there'd be 3. 10 seems like way too much considering you go through like 4 rounds or so each level.

and level 4 is the one that's causing problems?

hate to see what level 10 looks like.

Damn, not looking forward to that lol

hbkdx12

I just did the "PS4 Exclusive bonus hour of gaming" quest line. What a load of garbage. Should have just given me the extra battery notch and suit of clothes and called it a day. The hour of gameplay consisted of 3 tailing missions, and the absolute worst infiltration mission.

how far into the game do you have to be? I just want the extra battery

there's 10 levels to each drinking game? Didn't not know that. Thought there'd be 3. 10 seems like way too much considering you go through like 4 rounds or so each level.

and level 4 is the one that's causing problems?

hate to see what level 10 looks like.

Damn, not looking forward to that lol

its the guy in pawnee that will break people I barely just finished level 4, 5 wasnt so bad, 6 is even worse than 4 :/. one of the mini games removes the stick letters, and i heard later levels invert the controls :/

explodet

One of the things that annoyed me is
in the Big Brother mission when your sister gets the prank phone call
you have no choice but to steal a car. I tried running after the guy on foot and you can't.
That's nothing.
I
disabled the guy's car, after chasing him with a stolen car, and the dude immediately tried to get away on foot. While I was slamming on the brakes, I accidentally ran him over and killed him.

I felt like a real jackass after that, but I don't believe I got penalized for it.

Wag

I'm very early on in the game, and I can't do the damn driving games. They're so damn hard. The one where you have to evade the police and get the car to a certain point. Jesus Christ. I can't seem to do that.

On top of that the driving with the XBOX controller on the PC is very floaty. It's very hard for me to keep control of the car. That makes it even more difficult.

hbkdx12

its the guy in pawnee that will break people I barely just finished level 4, 5 wasnt so bad, 6 is even worse than 4 :/. one of the mini games removes the stick letters, and i heard later levels invert the controls :/

Thats crazy. When i attempt it i'll make sure all my guns are fully loaded and give him some side order of buckshot once i start to rage lol

Is there any gameplay reward for completing level 10?

Kelsey

Banned
how far into the game do you have to be? I just want the extra battery

Complete the quest called A Wrench In the Works. After that an icon will appear on your map that leads to a quest called CTRL. Followed by ALT. Followed by DELETE. Ends with a quest called Celebration.

Is anyone able to get into an Online Decryption (PS4) match? I haven't been able to since last night, only Invasion, and Tailing. I still have yet to be intruded. Not sure if it's my settings, or what.

hbkdx12

Complete the quest called A Wrench In the Works. After that an icon will appear on your map that leads to a quest called CTRL. Followed by ALT. Followed by DELETE. Ends with a quest called Celebration.

Cool. Thanks. You remember act that was in?

I'm still in act one. No inclination to progress the story since im having fun with all the side stuff but if it's late in Act I or early in Act 2 i might try to make a go of it

This game cracks me up with its Hollywood style of hacking.

"There's another hacker in here with us!"
"They're scanning the room!"
*cut to depiction of a cloud of sparkling electricity like some classic Star Trek enemy moving through the room at 10mph*

I have to laugh to keep from the painful facepalms ;p

So I lowered the gamma calibration how it suggests to (the whole "until the logo is barely visible" thing) and it actually looks a lot better. Normally I leave those at the middle because I hate when games try to hide things in the darkness, but after playing through Act 1, I realized it'd be fine to lower it. If you left the gamma higher, I'd highly suggest lowering it.

did level 6 extreme, OMG, that was really difficulty, i already fear later levels. as for rewards, theres a tropohy for completing level 10 at all 3 locations

hbkdx12

did level 6 extreme, OMG, that was really difficulty, i already fear later levels. as for rewards, theres a tropohy for completing level 10 at all 3 locations

can't wait to see youtube vids of this lol

If it's just a trophy i'll probably just save it to the very end. Don't want some drinking game to ruin my good vibes lol

Just completed my first online hack. So damn intense. The guy passed the car I was hiding in twice
KuGsj.gif
Then in the final 10% starts shooting at random pedestrians and cars and for the last couple of seconds stood at the bonnet of my car looking at me, no idea what was going on but so awesome.

Love this game.

can't wait to see youtube vids of this lol

If it's just a trophy i'll probably just save it to the very end. Don't want some drinking game to ruin my good vibes lol

from what i can tell its the even number levels that are the real pain, odd levels arent as bad though they do get tricky, just did 7 first go, but that went on for like 10 rounds :/ 8 i'm leaving until later, I honestly fear what that entails :/

Top Bottom