• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Loakum

Banned
Finally.

EhfpPXol.jpg

I finally got multiplayer to work on PC by setting my game/uplay to compatability mode for windows. I also had to disable all network adapters other than my wireless. These were tips I followed from other users who had success on the ubisoft support site, what a nightmare.

Going to try streaming I'm brand new to it, so even if you don't stay let me know how the quality is, so I can make adjustments.

www.Twitch.tv/Aztechnology

Carbonox

So depressing how shit the vehicles look in the game, especially during movement (especially during movement, oh god). It's the one thing that sticks out the most about the graphics (everything else is serviceable to brilliant depending on time of day) and regardless of my enjoyment always at some point makes me laugh cos it's ridiculously jarring. The vehicles just look like they're pulled from a completely separate and last generation game.

SJRB

Gold Member
I really love the banter between Aiden and Jordi.

"Guess what? It's not the pizza guy", haha. Dude is hilarious.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
First time knocking out the power and watching the city lights flicker off at night time
UTjS5HL.gif
You know what, the two blackouts I caused last night, I was in dense indoor locations and couldn't see the effects on the city... will have to do it out in the open soon.

So depressing how shit the vehicles look in the game, especially during movement (especially during movement, oh god). It's the one thing that sticks out the most about the graphics (everything else is serviceable to brilliant depending on time of day and regardless of my enjoyment always at some point makes me laugh. The vehicles just look like they're pulled from a completely separate and last generation game.

Was this game originally developed for last gen?

Now that you guys have spent some time with it, how do you feel about it graphically?

murgo

I got hit by the fucking game breaking bug earlier.. got killed during an online tailing and bam, all weapons and skills gone, couldn't do any online missions anymore, etc.

Had to restore to last night's cloud save and lost everything I've done today :(
Everyone go and back up your save, it can hit you at any time!

Ubi, fix this shit already!

You know what, the two blackouts I caused last night, I was in dense indoor locations and couldn't see the effects on the city... will have to do it out in the open soon.

It looks incredible at night time. You'll see all of the building lights kind of flicker and shut off at different times, pedestrians will get scared and ask out loud what happened. I even had some cars crash into each other because of the street lights going out with it

Carbonox

I got hit by the fucking game breaking bug earlier.. got killed during an online tailing and bam, all weapons and skills gone, couldn't do any online missions anymore, etc.

Had to restore to last night's cloud save and lost everything I've done today :(

Good shout on the cloud save - I'll do that ASAP.

MattyG

Banned
Just finished it. I really liked the story and the ending, but there's a couple things I wanted to ask/talk about. BIG ENDING SPOILERS

The whole ctOS 2.0 commercial at the end is obviously a sequel set up, right? What do you guys think the story will be about next time?

I bet Clara will come back somehow and help out, even though it definitely seemed like she was dead. I get the feeling that she could still be alive though, mostly because of a line of throwaway dialogue. During the chase in the last mission, whats-his-face bad guy (completely blanking on the name) says "well I know she didn't make the virus, because she's dead... right?" Kind of seems like they intentially planted some doubt in there. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I think Aiden will go to a new city next (Boston maybe?) where Blume is testing ctOS 2.0. Maybe he'll duke it out with Dedsec to keep them out while trying to shut down ctOS?

As for the very last scene, why did Jordi call Aiden and act like nothing happened after what happened at the lighthouse? You'd think he would've mentioned that they're all good or he's still after Aiden in that conversation. Did he just terminate his contract on Aiden?

What did you guys choose to do with Maurice? I let him live. In the earlier parts of the game he seemed genuinely remoreseful about Lena's death.

Did the reputation system change anything storywise?

Oh, and those news clips with the anchor in them were laughably bad. Pretty sure Chaos Theory's new clip looked as good or better than those.

Woah woah woah. I just got to the after credits Blume commercial. It definitely seems like they're teasing WD2 as a 2015 game. "Watch for ctOS 2.0 in the new year"? Maybe not, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Gotta say I do prefer shootouts in this game over GTA V.

Moving from cover to cover is smooth and seamless, even at a distance. Mixing up that fire and movement with environmental effects via hacking add that extra bit of dynamism and spice. I've seen it put to good use in missions, specifically when you're set up for a fight (oh hey, look at all of that retracted chest high cover, I guess I know whats about to happen here), but I hope to get the same feel from emergent battles.

Yikes, I turned off cloud saves!

Muffdraul

So depressing how shit the vehicles look in the game, especially during movement (especially during movement, oh god). It's the one thing that sticks out the most about the graphics (everything else is serviceable to brilliant depending on time of day) and regardless of my enjoyment always at some point makes me laugh cos it's ridiculously jarring. The vehicles just look like they're pulled from a completely separate and last generation game.

That's certainly how it seemed in that Official Story Trailer a couple months ago, but I've been watching for that to happen in the game and not noticed it so far.

Yasae

Banned
I have not yet seen a single police vehicle outside of missions and witness calls.
Then it might not have happened yet. They've come chasing after me if my heat is up and I bump into one of them on the street - which to be fair, is not often. It's happened only three times to me.

But it does happen. You see a police symbol on your radar if they're in the vicinity.

Lingitiz

Anyone play this game on their PS Vita's yet ? Remote Play is glorious

Did a mission the other day and it was pretty good. You need to take things slightly slower due to the controls, but it's not too bad.

I swear there's something about Ubisoft games and remote play, can't think of one that doesn't perform amazingly well.

It helps that they put a bit of effort into remapping the controls and switch out the button prompts.

Anyone play this game on their PS Vita's yet ? Remote Play is glorious

Did a bit last night for the first time. Worked quite well. I still prefer to do the meaty parts of the game like missions on the ol' PS4, but remote play works great in open world games for the side content.

I swear there's something about Ubisoft games and remote play, can't think of one that doesn't perform amazingly well.

It helps that they put a bit of effort into remapping the controls and switch out the button prompts.

This times a thousand. Ubisoft actually cares about remote play. More so than some of Sony's first party studios even!

Lucent

My game (PS4) seems to be stuck on the loading screen, I deleted the game data and reinstalled and it's still happening, anybody else had this issue?

Yes. Gets stuck at like 90%. Apparently saves are randomly being corrupted. It's stupid and I'm not going to play the game again until they patch it. Lost progress is not something I can deal with.

Hasney

Right, think Joe finally cracked getting your game infiltrated. Hack the right people to get those purple calls and I seem to get a lot more by letting them go through (I was stopping them all previously). Got 5 tonight but they were all so easy. I've noticed he puts his phone away when you're infiltrated and add that to the game not being able to be paused and I was getting hackers before they even started.

finally getting MP! I just got hacked and spotted him instantly, he escaped but not by much!

unfortunately everyone on mobile is quitting before they lose...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
One little thing I really like, is the various video hacks inside the server rooms, that show off random people doing random things. Including some crazy ones inside that "brand new location" in chapter 2 ;)

Crazy Ghost Sexxors???

Hasney

One little thing I really like, is the various video hacks inside the server rooms, that show off random people doing random things. Including some crazy ones inside that "brand new location" in chapter 2 ;)

Crazy Ghost Sexxors???

The eyeball side missions on the map are even better.

RyudBoy

Nice! Just prevented some POS from stealing my data for the first time. What started as a long game of hide n seek ended in a car chase and the fucker crashing, and finally I killed him lololol. This game is awesome.

Denton

I tried to take down convoy, right at the beginning of the game, without any really guns or skills or equip.

I tried it for 40 minutes.

I failed.

well... haven't found many people to hack, obviously most people aren't going to open ports set the game to compatibility mode and disable adapters just to play MP. Guess I'll be waiting for a patch after all.

Starting free roam, connected me but crashed the game instantly.

Top Bottom