• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Chabbles

Spent a few hours in WD's today, and im enjoying it more now. Been mostly messing about the city doing random missions and just looking around. Spending awhile on foot walking around im starting to appreicate the game now more then initially, it does feel alive and some of the animations of the citizens along with the sound/audio work and busy streets brings the place to life. the driving is starting to click too.

Denton

Meg. At best. Night is okay, day is garbage. Has nothing on infamous or killzone.

Completely wrong, hyperbolic post.

Downtown during sunny daytime looks fantastic, very realistic lightning, on my PC at least. And other times of day and weathers are looking great too. Best looking city action game so far, alongside Second Son. Although SS is super static compared to this.

What were they thinking with Decryption? The fact that the two teams don't have their own file progress indicator is ridiculous. One team could decrypt 99% of the file, if the other team captures it in that last moment, they win. It would be much better balanced if each had their own discreet progress and the first to make it to 100 wins.

ttech10

second pub finished, only level 10 held me up, that was a hardish pub but no where near pawnee level

The second one is the one with the R/L sticks right? I'm up to level 6 on there. Was able to blaze through 7,8 and 9 in Pawnee, only failing once. Now let's see about 10.

Dominator

did level 6 extreme, OMG, that was really difficulty, i already fear later levels. as for rewards, theres a tropohy for completing level 10 at all 3 locations
The worst part is that when you lose, it kicks you a block away and you have to run all the way back to restart the game again lol

I had trouble with the first two levels, I doubt I'll get much further if they are as hard as you say.

Yasae

Banned
Meg. At best. Night is okay, day is garbage. Has nothing on infamous or killzone.
Though to be fair, it's on six platforms including last gen. Killzone and Infamous are on one this-gen platform.

I think graphically the game is fine but inconsistent. You can get shots like these:

0fAQURr.jpg

aX1n6su.jpg

Uuk6uE0.jpg

(Notice the rain and/or overcast conditions plus some motion blur)

And then shots like these:

The overall fidelity, amount of physics-enable objects you can bump into etc pushes this into this-gen territory, but not by leaps and bounds.

I'm one of the people who hammered Ubisoft for their reveal bullshittery (because let's face it, they knew the game wasn't ready to be shown) but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm down on the graphics in the final release. All I wanted was for them to be more honest. That goes for all developers and publishers. The era of bullshit really needs to come to a long, painfully overdue close. All the downgrades will never be hidden from the public anymore anyway - so you might as well be honest the whole way through or face the guillotine.

painey

do some of the side missions unlock throughout the story mode? I unlocked all the towers, but I have run out of missing person and burner phone icons on my map and I am wondering where they are?

I believe if you set a GPS destination no one can hack or trail you. I tried last night and no one came into my game for over an hour. It won't even let you start a hack or trail if you have a GPS location set. I could be wrong though.

T.O.P

Banned
Fuck it p, subscribed to plus, excited to try it online

Can't wait to spend the weekend on the game, didn't expect to like it this much

Hasney

I believe if you set a GPS destination no one can hack or trail you. I tried last night and no one came into my game for over an hour. It won't even let you start a hack or trail if you have a GPS location set. I could be wrong though.

I'd agree with this being a possibility. I stopped getting matches when I went after some side missions.

Yoda

My free copy just arrived with my new 780ti Kingpin edition. Only about an hourish in. Lighting in this game is phenomnal, best lighting I've seen in a PC-launch (not counting modded games). Right now the driving is pissing me off, the cars handle worse than GTA3 (yes 3) on PC. Hacking system seems like a cool feature, but I'm gunna assume I'll get bored of it in a few more missions.

hbkdx12

anybody know what waypoint shortcut (down on d-pad) is/does?

I assumed that it gave you a gps route to an objective without having to open the map but apparently not

mandiller

Me and a friend were messing around with the game world last night and now my character's rating is all the way in the red. The public keep calling the cops on me. What's the quickest and easiest way to improve my rating back into the blue?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
anybody know what waypoint shortcut (down on d-pad) is/does?

I assumed that it gave you a gps route to an objective without having to open the map but apparently not
When remote profiling is active (the little "wanna do this?" popups), it accepts them and activates the waypoint on your GPS unless it's an online contract.

Finally got invaded/hacked last night. I love that it just comes out of the blue and you're forced to deal with it with whatever weapons/skills you have and in the location you're currently in.

Yesterday I got hacked for the first time. I knew immediately because my focus didn't actually slow anything down. I was running from the cops so I forgot about it and assumed dude was just tailing. But then he starts hacking me when we were like halfway from Pawknee and Chicago in the water. When I got back to shore he shot me, the motherfucker.

leng jai

I think overall this game looks exceptional on PS4. The only instances where it falters is at certain times of the day where the lighting is particularly harsh. That, and driving in the underground tunnels look PS2 quality.

fasTRapid

Banned
What were they thinking with Decryption? The fact that the two teams don't have their own file progress indicator is ridiculous. One team could decrypt 99% of the file, if the other team captures it in that last moment, they win. It would be much better balanced if each had their own discreet progress and the first to make it to 100 wins.
Try FFA!

ttech10

2 pubs left then?

Yep. Like you I went with the hardest first. I didn't think I was ever going to get past round 6 of the Pawnee one, I'm not sure if it was really the hardest or I was just drained from the previous rounds. I'm taking a good long break before doing the others.

hbkdx12

When remote profiling is active (the little "wanna do this?" popups), it accepts them and activates the waypoint on your GPS unless it's an online contract.

ah i see

That's crap. Considering everytime those pop up it tells u to press down to set the route anyway.

Really wish i could make routes without opening the map but not a big deal

I know.

But I want to see them. Honestly, Ubi sucked at making Aiden's design. I guess it's practical, but it honestly (asides from the scarf) does not look very good at all. The only one I've kinda liked is the one that Aiden wears during the 'Alone' Digital Trip. I'm wearing one that looks okay now, but I can't remember the name (dark green sweater, some kind of mesh jacket????)

It's the cut of the jacket that bugs me, and the way that it's fastened so high on his chest. Looks cool from the back (which is fine when that's how you'll be seeing him most of the time) but the silhouette is awkward when viewed from up front. The 1920s gangster outfit is the best, mainly because of the hat.

The triangle design stiched into the back of most of the jackets is a cool touch though.

That sounds annoying as hell if they show up when you don't even have your profiler on

It's non-intrusive and very convenient actually. All it shows is the crosshair box around their head and not any of the subtitles. You get a little sound as well.

Yep. Like you I went with the hardest first. I didn't think I was ever going to get past round 6 of the Pawnee one, I'm not sure if it was really the hardest or I was just drained from the previous rounds. I'm taking a good long break before doing the others.

i'm at the third pub now, the button pub, just finished level 8, this may be harder than the button rounds at pawnee, or i'm just getting really tired

ttech10

i'm at the third pub now, the button pub, just finished level 8, this may be harder than the button rounds at pawnee, or i'm just getting really tired

I watched a YouTube playthrough of the 10th round at the button one and it didn't look too difficult, so it might be just being tired. That's how it was in Pawnee for me before that break, then it felt like the difficulty dropped.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got invaded two times while trying to get the evade a 5 star scan achievement, i was so mad
that's amazing, it never occurred to me that you could be invaded while in the middle of a chase, scan or shootout.

I mean, i'm sorry for you. but that's awesome.

broony

Invasions are so fucking cool. I just had an amazing hack where for the last 50% I was at most 25 meters from the guy but most of the time about 3 meters from him. Jumping over waist high obstacles behind his back. My heart was pounding.

ttech10

I got invaded two times while trying to get the evade a 5 star scan achievement, i was so mad

I'm pretty sure my game bugged that one for me. I got a 5 star scan in an area that I hadn't "unlocked" and the scan wasn't available so I tried to hurry up into the main Chicago downtown area so the scan would initiate. I didn't make it, no scan happened and the trophy popped up.

ryan299

Can somebody tell me if you can play online hacking and trailing with friends in this game? I'm on X1, my friend just got the game and I want to go invade him but don't see the option.

Got invaded earlier, just could not find the guy. Finally, at 99% I found him and his hack was unsuccessful. He drove away and I lost him as I didn't have a car nearby, but I'll be damned if I let him hack me. haha. Fun game.

Kelsey

Banned

I guess this proves that graphics aren't the end-all be-all of gaming, eh? You couldn't pay me to play Killzone or Infamous again, and yet here I am playing the hell out of ugly little Watch_Dogs praying the end doesn't come too soon.

Top Bottom