• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Can somebody tell me if you can play online hacking and trailing with friends in this game? I'm on X1, my friend just got the game and I want to go invade him but don't see the option.

No you can't invade friends, I'm sure the reason is a counter measure from boosting notoriety.

Muffdraul

Can somebody tell me if you can play online hacking and trailing with friends in this game? I'm on X1, my friend just got the game and I want to go invade him but don't see the option.

From what I can tell, who you invade is completely random. In fact I assume the game gives everyone a fake username so it's anonymous too.

Kelsey

Banned
Has anyone made a gif or webm yet of putting one of those little mini cooper-ish cars on top of a steam pipe and then blowing it up from a distance? I bounced one high off a building and it fell on top of bus stop killing two civilians. I immediately regretted my decision to not get this on Xbox One. Definitely an Xbox Record That moment.

SJRB

Gold Member
Tailing other players is so surreal. It's just so bizarre to see them run around and just observe them.

Also made me pretty paranoid in my own game, haha. More than once I thought I was being followed so I took a corner and did the "hide in car" thing. Which of course makes little sense, but still.

Brilliant game mode.

Meg. At best. Night is okay, day is garbage. Has nothing on infamous or killzone.

Looks great day and night on my PC:
14296909721_cb506bdcb2_o.png

14320432583_0afec798eb_o.png

so hacking people seems to initiate people hacking you, I almost always get hacked right after I hack. So I wouldn't worry too much if you're someone who doesn't want to be interrupted by hackers. Very infrequent if I don't hack others.

Tailing other players is so surreal. It's just so bizarre to see them run around and just observe them.

Also made me pretty paranoid in my own game, haha. More than once I thought I was being followed so I took a corner and did the "hide in car" thing. Which of course makes little sense, but still.

Brilliant game mode.

It's funny watching them try to figure out how to unlock ctOS towers that you've already unlocked. You want them to stay still so you can profile them but you're also silently rooting for them to figure it out.

so hacking people seems to initiate people hacking you, I almost always get hacked right after I hack. So if you're worried about getting hacked I wouldn't too much, very infrequent if I don't hack others.
If you hack an NPC and they're alerted (which opens you up for invasions) you can run up to them and hit the phone out of their hands, thus preventing an invasion beforehand.

That said, I don't worry about being invaded too much. In all my hours of playing I've only been invaded twice.

side missions are kinda bleh for me. Gonna just mainline the story missions are be done with it. Thank goodness for the india-origin sale. I get lots of full blown freezing when playing for over an hour on my computer

If you hack an NPC and they're alerted (which opens you up for invasions) you can run up to them and hit the phone out of their hands, thus preventing an invasion beforehand.

That said, I don't worry about being invaded too much. In all my hours of playing I've only been invaded twice.

Im pretty sure that just prevents you from getting a bounty on you, not from being invaded. There does seem to be a correlation among pro-actively invading and being invaded, the more you invade, the more you get invaded. Not sure if its 1:1, but it feels like it.

Kelsey

Banned
Some people are just terrible at tailing missions. I was in the middle of the city standing in the street and a woman in a bath robe came up right behind me. Profiled him/her and then automatic shotgunned them in the face.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Just watched the IGN comparison with 360, One, PS3, PS4, and PC. PC is king.

I have a One and this game looks fugly compared to PC.

I really hope that one day consoles will have upgradable options to the hardware like PCs are.

i.e., if you want a stronger video card for your console, there will be X amount of cards from low, medium to high that you can buy.

I mean for gosh sakes...when you compare the One to the PC...the One looks like a 360. This is suppose to be next-gen gaming?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Im pretty sure that just prevents you from getting a bounty on you, not from being invaded. There does seem to be a correlation among pro-actively invading and being invaded, the more you invade, the more you get invaded. Not sure if its 1:1, but it feels like it.

That is correct. You can be invaded at any time, its just that if a Blume agent spots you they'll put a bounty on you, giving more incentive to be hacked.

Ah, you're right. That does put a bounty on your head. I just kinda mixed the two things together.

Izuna

Banned
lkArCtV.jpg

Didn't like Watch_Dogs but it sure is fun to play while watching Person of Interest Season 2!

(The room is actually pitch black, that is just the flash)

Edit: I have to say, there is so much I don't enjoy but the first person view while driving makes cop chases the best part of this game.

Grisby

When I get back to playing tonight, is there a button to get rid of the mini map in the lower right or is that something in the options?

Jedi2016

Damn, you, GAF, you and your hype and positive impressions. I bought it. Probably won't get to play it until the weekend, but I've got some time off coming up too.

LakeEarth

lkArCtV.jpg

Didn't like Watch_Dogs but it sure is fun to play while watching Person of Interest Season 2!

(The room is actually pitch black, that is just the flash)

Edit: I have to say, there is so much I don't enjoy but the first person view while driving makes cop chases the best part of this game.

Wait, which Netflix has POI? It's not in US or Canada, I don't think.

Whatever they did in the maintenance today worked! I've been able to do online hacking back-to-back without the asinine amount of waiting you had to do before today.

I was also invaded! My invader would've gotten away too if he hadn't rammed into me with his firetruck at 99% allowing me to shoot him.

Sajjaja

Okay so I invaded some dude right. I get in a public area and plant the hack and initiate it while I'm blent in with the crowd at a bus stop. He drives and exits his car near by and starts shooting in the air. So I run around with the crowd as to not raise suspicion. He runs into a back alley and I thought, "Hey...I should hide in his car, he would never suspect it."

So I get into his car and hide in it. He runs around, hasn't a clue where to find me and he's above me on the railway track. I'm like heck, let's rub it in his face and drive his car away. He won't be able to get an angle on me to profile me right, especially with 98% done?

WRONG. AS SOON AS I TAKE OFF, HE MANAGES TO PROFILE WITHOUT EVEN HAVING THE LINE OF SIGHT ON MY FACE OR THE WINDSHIELD OF THE CAR EVEN......THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT MAN.

Guess I deserve it for being arrogant but come on....you shouldn't be able to ID someone if you can't see their face...

M.Steiner

Wait, which Netflix has POI? It's not in US or Canada, I don't think.
Don't know about other regions but season 1 & 2 are on Netflix for me in the UK.

Wanna get back to playing Watch Dogs already but still no fix for those save/loading issues it seems. Don't wanna restart incase it happens again...

Skyzard

Banned
I would be surprised if GTAV beats this. Total blast to play even in free roam, hopefully get some games in this weekend with gaf.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got invaded earlier, just could not find the guy. Finally, at 99% I found him and his hack was unsuccessful. He drove away and I lost him as I didn't have a car nearby, but I'll be damned if I let him hack me. haha. Fun game.
the cool thing is in this scenario, you both at least gain a little notoriety too.

hydruxo

Its so frustrating when you're hacking someone and they exit out of the game at the last minute. I was at 92% and hiding in a dumpster and he never even got close :(

RedAssedApe

Banned
confused by the convoy missions. it says to take down the targets. does this mean i have to destroy the vehicles or neutralize the drivers?

failed the mission a few times now. first tried to stop the cars by shooting out tires or using traffic hacks. but could never damage them enough before i ran out of battery and they reached the destination.

can you only neutralize someone by shooting them in the knee caps? i thought i was doing this but maybe the hit detection in the game was bad as i kept failing the mission because it said i killed someone instead of taking them down. -_-

Krisprolls

Banned

Brilliant game mode.

Yes, I love the game but the online part (hacking / tailing) is really the best part for me.

I spent hours tailing, hacking and being tailed and hacked. Each time you see a NPC doing something strange you become paranoid and more often than not, it was a human spying on you. I became strangely addicted to tailing too. I love watching what people do. Sometimes they catch me. I try acting as a NPC lol. It's so tense. The fact you can hack his own world and make explode things or make a blackout is really a nice touch.

You never know if you're alone or not, that's a great idea. I criticized Ubi streamlined gameplay so much in the past I must admit they did better this time. I'll certainly buy Watch Dogs 2, I can't stop playing right now.

Joeki11a

Banned
Ok any Ubi insider looking, what Engine is this game using?. Its playing with my emotions, at times it is up there with Infamous SS, then it is down there with early PS3 games, how is it possible the game doesnt have 1 consistant quality?.

Dawg

Maybe it's just me, but I'm a little disappointed that the companion app is focused on the hack a console player game. I liked previous apps more where ya could see your in-game progress etc.

So with spoiling as little as possible, when/how do I do the Open Your World mission? Really want the second tier of upgrades but don't know when the mission is.

Liberty4all

Banned
Okay so I invaded some dude right. I get in a public area and plant the hack and initiate it while I'm blent in with the crowd at a bus stop. He drives and exits his car near by and starts shooting in the air. So I run around with the crowd as to not raise suspicion. He runs into a back alley and I thought, "Hey...I should hide in his car, he would never suspect it."

So I get into his car and hide in it. He runs around, hasn't a clue where to find me and he's above me on the railway track. I'm like heck, let's rub it in his face and drive his car away. He won't be able to get an angle on me to profile me right, especially with 98% done?

WRONG. AS SOON AS I TAKE OFF, HE MANAGES TO PROFILE WITHOUT EVEN HAVING THE LINE OF SIGHT ON MY FACE OR THE WINDSHIELD OF THE CAR EVEN......THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT MAN.

Guess I deserve it for being arrogant but come on....you shouldn't be able to ID someone if you can't see their face...

he probably profiled you from a camera.

Random vid from me yesterday hacking someone and being invaded. http://youtu.be/kilZjERhImQ I think invading may be my favorite multiplayer mode of all time. My progress in single player has come to a complete stop because I can't stop searching for others. Also using blackout is just plain awesome.

Joeki11a

Banned
confused by the convoy missions. it says to take down the targets. does this mean i have to destroy the vehicles or neutralize the drivers?

failed the mission a few times now. first tried to stop the cars by shooting out tires or using traffic hacks. but could never damage them enough before i ran out of battery and they reached the destination.

can you only neutralize someone by shooting them in the knee caps? i thought i was doing this but maybe the hit detection in the game was bad as i kept failing the mission because it said i killed someone instead of taking them down. -_-

Its simple as taking your Grenade launcher and ending it in 1 second.

RedAssedApe

Banned
So with spoiling as little as possible, when/how do I do the Open Your World mission? Really want the second tier of upgrades but don't know when the mission is.

just keep playing the yellow campaign missions. its one of the early ones in act I

Its simple as taking your Grenade launcher and ending it in 1 second.

lol...interesting. i have not purchased one yet. won't that kill the drivers though? (i.e. the same reason i keep failing the missions)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is eveyr set of clothes in the game a reskin of his default outfit?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Realistic difficulty is lame 😃

are you kidding me? like you think it's too hard or unfair? I want you to say yes because you could obliterate me in titanfall any day of the week twice and this will make me feel slightly better about my skills.

Zeliard

You kill or knock out the person(s) in the convoy, however you see fit.

Top Bottom