• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

ttech10

Why do I only get hacked and not tailed? I think I might need one more tail for the trophy. I've successfully tailed about 5 people and only one person chose to get me back. Since then I've had 3 attempted hacks that met my shotgun. Just tail me and get some free points.

Joeki11a

Banned
just keep playing the yellow campaign missions. its one of the early ones in act I

lol...interesting. i have not purchased one yet. won't that kill the drivers though? (i.e. the same reason i keep failing the missions)

Try it you will see, the small grenade launcher handgun its cheap.

I completely forgot about Spider Tank, just tried it out for the first time and sweet baby Jesus! So much fun, I really wish you could use it to roam the entire city. Maybe in WD2.

RedAssedApe

Banned
You kill or knock out the person(s) in the convoy, however you see fit.

the one im doing right now says knockout. was trying to shoot them in the legs but they kept dying. is it only a very specific location you can hit them for it to register as non-lethal? recall someone saying kneecaps?

Krisprolls

Banned
Why do I only get hacked and not tailed? I think I might need one more tail for the trophy. I've successfully tailed about 5 people and only one person chose to get me back. Since then I've had 3 attempted hacks that met my shotgun. Just tail me and get some free points.

How can you be sure you're not tailed ? I don't think there's any indication on screen if you don't manage to catch him, unlike hacking. I caught 3 of them, but I think I let a lot of them go.

Sometimes my metro stops or a blackout starts, so I know I'm tailed, but I never find the guy before he escapes. It's really great.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How would you know?

Liberty4all

Banned
Tailing other players is so surreal. It's just so bizarre to see them run around and just observe them.

Also made me pretty paranoid in my own game, haha. More than once I thought I was being followed so I took a corner and did the "hide in car" thing. Which of course makes little sense, but still.

Brilliant game mode.

I have initiated massacres of countless NPC's thanks to my paranoia that there is a human watching me.

My reputation had gotten so bad, the NPCs randomly call the police on me when I'm walking the streets :(.

Krisprolls

Banned
I have initiated massacres of countless NPC's thanks to my paranoia that there is a human watching me.

My reputation had gotten so bad, the NPCs randomly call the police on me when I'm walking the streets :(.

Ah ah. I avoided killing them and now people never call the cops anymore. I hear them talking about me and I see them taking photos.

ttech10

How would you know?

Because if you pause the game and the background freezes, you're alone. If not, then stuff stays moving. Also Aiden will put his phone away if someone enters your game.

That's how I know I've been tailed twice. One other time I tried to join an online mode and it said I was being invaded. Then another I caught them.

I actually JUST got the trophy and as I was typing this I knew I was getting hacked because first, Aiden put the phone away. Then, I checked and the pause screen kept stuff moving.

JerC

I finished the story today and started to play online. I thought the story was fairly good but dear god the online. Some rush when you are hacking someone and you see the circle to search get smaller and smaller. I hid in a bush in the middle while in cover and they ran right beside me without noticing. Does the profiler not get you if you are hidden like that?

DukeBobby

An easy way to catch invaders is to have the camera facing behind you as you walk.

Watch for suspicious movement, and then BAM, kill that sucker.

Zeliard

I'm not sure that finding the player hacking you and just shooting them in the head as they try hiding in a vehicle will ever get old. The online hacking/tailing modes are great fun and I think they put the game over the top.

the one im doing right now says knockout. was trying to shoot them in the legs but they kept dying. is it only a very specific location you can hit them for it to register as non-lethal? recall someone saying kneecaps?

Not sure about that. I think you have to use something like the baton for non-lethal takedowns.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not sure that finding the player hacking you and just shooting them in the head as they try hiding in a vehicle will ever get old. The online hacking/tailing modes are great fun and I think they put the game over the top.
if they stabilize the network infrastructure, I think this could be a thing.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm not sure that finding the player hacking you and just shooting them in the head as they try hiding in a vehicle will ever get old.
Nope, very satisfying. I wll say, when trying to do something, getting hacked can be annoying, though, it's part of the game.

On a side note, I was about to quit, the game wouldn't let me. Someone was in my game. They died quickly trying to mount a motorcycle nearby before even starting their hack.

Izuna

Banned
are you kidding me? like you think it's too hard or unfair? I want you to say yes because you could obliterate me in titanfall any day of the week twice and this will make me feel slightly better about my skills.

Well, I am trying to play without really killing anyone unless it is through hacking. Convey missions I tend to get stuck on but I'm getting used to it. I'm not as good at this as I am at Titanfall though haha. One more mission and I can sleep.

Krisprolls

Banned
Because if you pause the game and the background freezes, you're alone. If not, then stuff stays moving. Also Aiden will put his phone away if someone enters your game.

That's how I know I've been tailed twice. One other time I tried to join an online mode and it said I was being invaded. Then another I caught them.

I actually JUST got the trophy and as I was typing this I knew I was getting hacked because first, Aiden put the phone away. Then, I checked and the pause screen kept stuff moving.

Ok, thanks for the tip. It makes sense.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, I am trying to play without really killing anyone unless it is through hacking. Convey missions I tend to get stuck on but I'm getting used to it. I'm not as good at this as I am at Titanfall though haha. One more mission and I can sleep.
I believe I have not fired a shot except trying to kill invaders or test the crowd to find one. ;)
Not sure about that. I think you have to use something like the baton for non-lethal takedowns.
You can kneecap people, just not random citizens, best done with focus. Watch for "neutralized" rather than "killed" in the upper right when you get xp.

Baton is my preferred way, though. :D

Denton

Ended today session with Open Your World mission (still very early in the game). So far the writing was fine. Nothing too groanworthy. Some nice moments.

ttech10

Ok, thanks for the tip. It makes sense.

I kind of hate that there are such easy methods to know when someone enters your game, but I don't really know of any other way they could do it. The phone being automatically put up is the worst, as I likely wouldn't have tried pausing the game if my character didn't randomly put my phone up while finding people to hack.

Happy to be done with that stuff and get back to the story and side missions.

An easy way to catch invaders is to have the camera facing behind you as you walk.
I only just started so this might be a dumb question, but what does the profiler display if you place it on an invader? How can you tell for sure that it's an invader if they haven't started hacking you yet?

Also, what's the difference between tailing and hacking as far as invasions go?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I didn't realize the trailing stuff gives no notification to the invaded. That's really cool, but kinda creepy.

well apparently aiden puts his phone away or something. I haven't noticed this, but yeah. it wouldn't work while in a vehicle I imagine.

DukeBobby

I just killed an invader and it said 'observation stopped at 33%'.

I wasn't hacked, so were they tailing me?

I received a notification when they invaded.

Izuna

Banned
In the middle of uploading a funny clip is extremely stupid AI. I'm slowly liking the game but it's nothing special, just so happens there isn't much on the Xbone left now.

I really wish Aiden could move better.

Krisprolls

Banned
I only just started so this might be a dumb question, but what does the profiler display if you place it on an invader? How can you tell for sure that it's an invader if they haven't started hacking you yet?

Also, what's the difference between tailing and hacking as far as invasions go?

The profiler becomes purple (the "online" color) and the guy starts to flee because he gets an alert too.

When being hacked you are notified and you get the zone where the hacker is. This zone becomes really small when he gets his hacking close to 100 %. So hacking is difficult.

Tailing makes you less points but it's easier. The victim isn't notified (there are tricks to know you're not alone though, see above), and he doesn't get zones. It's a lot easier.

Krisprolls

Banned
I thought you weren't notified when being tailed.

You're not notified unless you find him. If he escapes without you finding him, you'll never know he was here.

Edit : Oh I didn't see. You got a notification of the invasion ?? If so, it's a hack, there's no notification if it's a tailing. Sorry.

The profiler becomes purple (the "online" color) and the guy starts to flee because he gets an alert too.

When being hacked you are notified and you get the zone where the hacker is. This zone becomes really small when he gets his hacking close to 100 %. So hacking is difficult.

Tailing makes you less points but it's easier. The victim isn't notified (there are tricks to know you're not alone though, see above), and he doesn't get zones. It's a lot easier.
Exactly what I needed to know, thanks!

Joeki11a

Banned

This is not Ass Creed this guy actually is a killer

I got a weird one during being hacked. It actually told me I was being invaded a good 2 minutes before the hacking started. Typicallyni only get alerted once the hack has started. I hadn't found him so I'm not sure why it happened.

I'm actually enjoying the game, or what little I've played of it.

Trying to knock the multi-player trophies out so I can just have fun in my own time before the "new game" rush wears off and all the online stuff dies out. The only problem is that I can't connect to a single Online Race or Hacking game to save my life.

"Average wait time: 3 Minutes" ... times out, re-queue. Is it really that dead already, or something else? I'm glad I managed to get all the tailing ones out of the way but it's really worrying that I can't even get one race let alone 10 and the game came out two days ago.

Top Bottom