• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Liberty4all

Banned
I generally try to watch for cars acting strangely. I also become hyper alert if a "nice" sports car drives by as they are great getaway cars.

I've learned that sometimes rather than go through a big chase through the city, if I suspect a car has an invader inside I will grenade launcher the car INSTEAD of profiling the invader. I don't want to give him or her any chance at getting away.

You still get credit if you kill an invader before profiling.

Krisprolls

Banned
I got a weird one during being hacked. It actually told me I was being invaded a good 2 minutes before the hacking started. Typicallyni only get alerted once the hack has started. I hadn't found him so I'm not sure why it happened.

You're notified when the invasion starts but the "backdoor initiation" which really starts the hack doesn't start until the invader chooses to (he has a limited time to "initiate the backdoor" after the invasion starts though).

Lol, I was running over civilians and just randomly decided to hack a steam pipe to blow up this red sports car driving by. Immediately the game told me to kill the fixer and then I made short work of her with my auto-shotty as she feebly attempted to wax my eyebrows with her little pop-gun.

Tohsaka

So, I accidentally blew myself up during a failed tailing attempt, and now the game won't let me do any online modes anymore. It's saying I have to complete the Online Contracts Introduction/They Can't Hide missions to be able to do any of them, even though I obviously already have. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm playing on PS4, by the way.

Am I missing something really obvious? The 8 bit games always say unavailable to me. Are they unlocked somewhere?

I had the same thing happen but it seems to have solved itself. Try wait around, or go to other ones without disrupting too much of your surroundings. Since they're based on your surroundings it might require a "clean" environment to start (without any crashed cars/roadblocks up etc).

LegendX48

Game's pretty fun so far, been messing around doing random side things like interrupting criminal activities. Only have one issue though, playing on PC and the volume is extremely low :\

Anyone else having a similar issue?

I'm kinda bummed out that it doesn't only look this bad, but it also has screen tearing when the action gets heavy? Come on Ubisoft!!! I thought the generation of screen tearing was behind us!

DukeBobby

Game's pretty fun so far, been messing around doing random side things like interrupting criminal activities. Only have one issue though, playing on PC and the volume is extremely low :\

Same issue here.

My PC gets pretty loud after playing this for a while, and I can barely hear the game, even at full volume.

Has anyone done that privacy invasion with the guy on his computer rating girls really harshly? He says something like "breasts too small 3 on 10 would not bang."

Why is he saying 3 on 10 isn't it 3 out of 10? There's a lot of internet humor mixed into this game.

Krisprolls

Banned
Does anyone know a good way to easily get the resources to craft Black outs? I can't seem to figure it out.

There's a skill you must take in hacking which makes it a lot easier to profile the useful persons. It makes a blue box around them even before you profile them.

statham

I hit a level where I'm done with the game. Maybe its a difficulty level. but I played a slow level where I knocked out 2out of 3, after multi plays and going for the third I somehow blow up, but I avoided tanks and stuff. . Think I'm done with the game, even thru I loved my first 10 hours with it. Sleeping Dogs is better and so is GTA 5.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone feel that profiling in an online hack should be WAY longer?

I try to act like an NPC, but its worthless because they can just do a quick swipe over a group of people and get profiled.

So I just dont bother and hide behind shit. Kinda sucks tbh.

Piggus

Dear EA/Origin,

I would really like it if you got your damn act together and let me download the game I purchased.

Sincerely,

Piggus

Yasae

Banned

The sound overall is pretty quiet. I have my headphone amp up to max and that'd deafen me in anything else.

Phionoxx

Why do I only get hacked and not tailed? I think I might need one more tail for the trophy. I've successfully tailed about 5 people and only one person chose to get me back. Since then I've had 3 attempted hacks that met my shotgun. Just tail me and get some free points.

How do you know how many times you have been tailed for sure? I have no idea. You don't get a notification do you?

Dead

well not really...yet
The jazzier songs on the soundtrack fit so well. There needs to be a jazz and post rock song expansion

Tohsaka

So, I accidentally blew myself up during a failed tailing attempt, and now the game won't let me do any online modes anymore. It's saying I have to complete the Online Contracts Introduction/They Can't Hide missions to be able to do any of them, even though I obviously already have. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm playing on PS4, by the way.

Apparently. I've just encountered this game-breaking glitch. If I actually have to start over I'm going to be pretty annoyed, I had done a ton of side missions, collectibles etc.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Anyone else having issues connecting to the Ubi servers? Had the same damn issue with ACIV.

It's been odd. Think it works enough for leaderboards and hotspots, but it's telling me now my NAT isn't good enough to do any of the mp modes.

I generally try to watch for cars acting strangely. I also become hyper alert if a "nice" sports car drives by as they are great getaway cars.

I've learned that sometimes rather than go through a big chase through the city, if I suspect a car has an invader inside I will grenade launcher the car INSTEAD of profiling the invader. I don't want to give him or her any chance at getting away.

You still get credit if you kill an invader before profiling.

I was going on a mass citizen killing spree and killed a guy in a car who was apparently an invader. Let's just say I laughed for a good while.

Liberty4all

Banned
I'm loving Online Hacking so far. This hack the Police decided to back me up! :)

http://youtu.be/qdwAfQTjrKs

Awesome video. I've been on the guy being hacked side of things and I remember thinking this must look awesome to the hacker. In my case I started a massacre of all citizens in the hacker circle which lead to a four star police dragnet in me while I desperately continued to murder everyone searching for that damn hacker.

Shadownet

Banned
Has anyone done that privacy invasion with the guy on his computer rating girls really harshly? He says something like "breasts too small 3 on 10 would not bang."

Why is he saying 3 on 10 isn't it 3 out of 10? There's a lot of internet humor mixed into this game.

Yeah, I want to shoot that guy so bad.

Phionoxx

It was discussed earlier in the thread - but did anyone get a chance to test and see if there is a correlation between notoriety (specifically being negative toward anarchist) and the frequency of being invaded?

I have only been invaded 2 or 3 times with over 10 hours of gameplay now. But it didn't take me long to max out positive notoriety (towards the vigilante end of the spectrum).

Kelsey

Banned
It was discussed earlier in the thread - but did anyone get a chance to test and see if there is a correlation between notoriety (specifically being negative toward anarchist) and the frequency of being invaded?

I have only been invaded 2 or 3 times with over 10 hours of gameplay now. But it didn't take me long to max out positive notoriety (towards the vigilante end of the spectrum).

I'm a complete asshole in the game (I'll stand by steam pipes and wait for pedestrians to walk or drive near them and blow them up) and I rarely if ever get invaded. Only difference I notice is that the news on the radio and TV constantly tells me I'm a terrorist and the public wants me locked up. Sometimes the public will react to me and call the cops. Those people dont live long.

OneUh8

I had a blast playing free roam tonight with some friends. I know there really is not anything to do in it but cause mayhem, but man was it fun. Getting up to 5 star with the cops and having firefights in the downtown streets. Fells like I am playing the movie Heat the video game.

It's been odd. Think it works enough for leaderboards and hotspots, but it's telling me now my NAT isn't good enough to do any of the mp modes.

Getting this too on PS4. Haven't been able to do any multiplayer. My NAT is type 2, and I've played other games online with no issues, so I'm just assuming Ubisoft doesn't have their shit together yet.

Top Bottom