• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

jim-carrey-vomith6ehg.gif

ieatzombies

Have no clue how to use googledocs for the list on mobile, so I'll add my id here for now. Looking forward to some washdogs with gaf!

PS4 Psnid: ieatbrains97

I may be wrong about this, but the major difference I'm seeing between the 2012 reveal footage and what we're actually going to get, is the lack (or use of a considerably cheaper implementation) of volumetric lighting in the latter. Come to think of it, you know how in the real world light interacts with all kinds of particles in the air? That's what I believe the reveal footage was trying to emulate to a certain degree, and I'm just not seeing that effect anymore.

Yeah, the game still looks really good anyways, but in your opinion, if they dropped the resolution down to 720p for the ps4 would the graphical fidelity of the 2012 demo be possible?

I've said it before in the downgrade thread months ago but i definitely liked the old Aiden render better than the new one.

DrBo42

Yeah, the game still looks really good anyways, but in your opinion, if they dropped the resolution down to 720p for the ps4 would the graphical fidelity of the 2012 demo be possible?

I've said it before in the downgrade thread months ago but i definitely liked the old Aiden render better than the new one.

I think old Aiden looks a bit too much like a muppet. His proportions are cartoonish.

HowZatOZ

Banned
yeah, I'm like.

hmmm, maybe I'll get this on sale, used for like $10.

Doesn't help that its a record of a Twitch stream, but yeah it looks reasonable on PS4, nothing super duper fancy but what can you expect really. I think if we want a graphically impressive Watch Dogs, it will be in the sequel. This one will be all about the gameplay and ability to roam and not be bored (like what I found with inFamous with its rather empty world) and then Watch Dogs 2 will improve on that with some new hacking twists and better graphics.

Really want to see PC version in action but sadly I don't think Ubisoft sent anyone copies (maybe PC Gamer).

Excited to hear impressions on the game and how it runs/looks on PC.

Won't be picking it up day one, but hoping this one turned out good.

Edit: good lord, I don't ever want to see that again.

After watching some leak footage it looks like Aiden is less of a hacker really. . I mean it's all in his phone so someone else had the script for him. Plus his "hacker" girl friend just social media stalks their prey. Making a fetish over hacking might backfire for Ubi once people realize that it is not as glamorous as they make it seem (story wise).

iavi

After watching some leak footage it looks like Aiden is less of a hacker really. . I mean it's all in his phone so someone else had the script for him. Plus his "hacker" girl friend just social media stalks their prey. Making a fetish over hacking might backfire for Ubi once people realize that it is not as glamorous as they make it seem (story wise).

A lot of conclusions to jump to off of a few leaked snippets. Hell, the trailers tell you more than the bits we've seen from these streams.

The only thing I've been able to gather from these bits, story-wise, is that I'm going to like the banter.

infe|2no

Neo Member
they said

You can now Pre Order @WatchDogsGame from the PSN (PS4) Store. You will be able to pre load the game once the 1.70 firmware update is live !

— PlayStation (@PSN_Updates)

but apparently not true, may be 27 at 12:00am

Guri

I'm getting the Origin version. Which doesn't matter a thing, because any PC version needs only uPlay to run, so at least there won't be any issues if I eventually want to play with someone who bought on Steam. I only chose Origin because of that deal of Watch_Dogs for around US$ 29.

rob305

I hope we get to see HD videos from the xbone version in advance. I'm getting the game digitally and planned on getting it tor the xbox, but all this downgrade talk makes me a bit scared about the graphics and I'm considering getting it for the PS4 instead. What do you guys think? Will the only difference be the resolution between both consoles?

infe|2no

Neo Member
I preordered 2 days ago and at that time PSN said it would be available to download starting at 12 am EST on the 27th.

on my ps store, i can only see the ps3 version... anyway, for this one i don't want to get the digital version. in case the game is not as good as they said, i can resale it

Guri

I hope we get to see HD videos from the xbone version in advance. I'm getting the game digitally and planned on getting it tor the xbox, but all this downgrade talk makes me a bit scared about the graphics and I'm considering getting it for the PS4 instead. What do you guys think? Will the only difference be the resolution between both consoles?

If you don't mind skipping pre-order bonuses (I'm not sure if they have those with digital console versions), you could wait a few hours before buying to check that.

on my ps store, i can only see the ps3 version... anyway, for this one i don't want to get the digital version. in case the game is not as good as they said, i can resale it

I debated quite a bit because of all the concerns surrounding it but am sure I will enjoy the game based on what I have seen from the leaks. The only thing that could ruin it for me now would be some sort of game breaking bug.

I really love this style of game though so I understand why people are skeptical. Ubi has a pretty sporadic record when it comes to game quality.

This pre-load topic isn't making sense.

First, Sony posts this on Twitter:

You can now Pre Order @WatchDogsGame from the PSN (PS4) Store. You will be able to pre load the game once the 1.70 firmware update is live ! "

But now, I'm looking at the support page for Pre-orders, which has an update date of 5/20/14:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5281

Pre-load pre-ordered content

Beginning with Destiny, certain pre-ordered titles can be automatically be pre-loaded prior to their release.

So - which is it? Is Watchdogs going to be available to pre-load or not?

Top Bottom