• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

sjay1994

This pre-load topic isn't making sense.

First, Sony posts this on Twitter:

You can now Pre Order @WatchDogsGame from the PSN (PS4) Store. You will be able to pre load the game once the 1.70 firmware update is live ! "

But now, I'm looking at the support page for Pre-orders, which has an update date of 5/20/14:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5281

Pre-load pre-ordered content

Beginning with Destiny, certain pre-ordered titles can be automatically be pre-loaded prior to their release.

So - which is it? Is Watchdogs going to be available to pre-load or not?

Yeah, it is. Watch Dogs is the first game to support pre loading on PS4

What is drawing me to the PS4 version is the share button. I love capturing clips and screenshots. I wonder if there will be a day one patch also..

sujay

This pre-load topic isn't making sense.

First, Sony posts this on Twitter:

You can now Pre Order @WatchDogsGame from the PSN (PS4) Store. You will be able to pre load the game once the 1.70 firmware update is live ! "

But now, I'm looking at the support page for Pre-orders, which has an update date of 5/20/14:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5281

Pre-load pre-ordered content

Beginning with Destiny, certain pre-ordered titles can be automatically be pre-loaded prior to their release.

So - which is it? Is Watchdogs going to be available to pre-load or not?

The Twitter that made the first tweet wasn't an official Sony account: https://twitter.com/PSN_Updates/

Unfortunately it spread like wildfire and they deleted it soon after.

HowZatOZ

Banned
What is drawing me to the PS4 version is the share button. I love capturing clips and screenshots. I wonder if there will be a day one patch also..

Get an Nvidia card and install push, now you have share buttons. Of course it isn't as user-friendly sadly but it still functions similar. We now need to partition Nvidia to add Facebook uploading support.

I'm debating whether or not to go digital with the PS4 version of the game. Will it automatically unlock release day at midnight, or Grace Chen-time?

The Twitter that made the first tweet wasn't an official Sony account: https://twitter.com/PSN_Updates/

Yep, that's what it's looking like.

I cannot find an official statement from Sony stating that Watchdogs is the first title to preload. All I have found is the help page dated 5/20/14 that says Destiny will be the first game to preload.

Watchdogs will not preload. I think you can just manually download the whole game starting on the 26th, and then it will unlock on the 27th. Not the same thing as automatically preloading onto your system days before the game's release, which is what the new preload feature in 1.7 does. That will not be seen until Destiny.

Hate to say it, but Watch Dogs looks incredibly mediocre based on the gameplay footage I've seen. So bland and lifeless. I was really looking forward to the game leading up to the PS4 launch but my hype is almost entirely gone at this point. I think I'll pick up Wolfenstein instead.

Yep, that's what it's looking like.

I cannot find an official statement from Sony stating that Watchdogs is the first title to preload. All I have found is the help page dated 5/20/14 that says Destiny will be the first game to preload.

Watchdogs will not preload. I think you can just manually download the whole game starting on the 26th, and then it will unlock on the 27th. Not the same thing as automatically preloading onto your system days before the game's release, which is what the new preload feature in 1.7 does. That will not be seen until Destiny.

Nope - just looked at what it says on the PSN Store when you select to buy Watchdogs:

"Please go to the PlayStation Store on PS4 any time after 12:01am EST on May 27, 2014 to download your game and access your bonus R33B gun."

No preload for Watchdogs at all. Available for download at 12:01am on the 27th.

malfcn

Guys! Where should i pre-order the game (on the X1)? Amazon? Best Buy? or Gamestop?

If you were GCU at BBY it'd be 48
From Amazon may be tax free.
Gamestop may have a pre-order perk you like better.

If you think you're going to get the Season Pass get it from anywhere and then get the pass.

El_Chino

If you were GCU at BBY it'd be 48
From Amazon may be tax free.
Gamestop may have a pre-order perk you like better.

If you think you're going to get the Season Pass get it from anywhere and then get the pass.
Thanks man, does the Season pass come with all pre-order dlc or what?

infe|2no

Neo Member
Thanks man, does the Season pass come with all pre-order dlc or what?

just a reminder

1134047LK.jpg

Hasney

well that's one way to balance out the 10s the game will get.

Why? Did he not get his Nexus on time?

I'm not very happy about the Dawg in the OT title.

Game titles should not be changed... not only to facilitate the search for the thread in the future

I'm sure most people will be searching for "PS4 melt" once their console is destroyed rather than looking for game info. Just in case I'm sure a mod can change the title once the thread starts tumbling down the pages in its dying days.

jadedm17

-I don't even think the downgrade is that severe, especially not on a good pc. Most of the rainy nighttime footage still looks pretty damn good. But sure, it doesn't look exactly like the 2012 vertical slice.
- Lot's of great games had release day embargos (lots of bad ones too...). So it's hard to say anything about quality based on that.
- I'll be buying the standard game. I have no problem with them releasing different version of special editions. Cause i won't buy them.
Someone else responded to these properly so ill just say go watch that link. The idea that noone can get a complete version is nonsense - we choose between this mission from this retailer or this mission from this other one. Look at the grid and tell me how I can play this and get the complete package of things made and ready on release day.

dex3108

Decent amount of Gafers have added their nicks to spreadsheet :D Only thing i need to know now is how will companion app work because it is cross-platform.

Gaz_RB

Someone else responded to these properly so ill just say go watch that link. The idea that noone can get a complete version is nonsense - we choose between this mission from this retailer or this mission from this other one. Look at the grid and tell me how I can play this and get the complete package of things made and ready on release day.

Season pass, not that that is a great solution, but that will get you all the content on release day, except for the Sony exclusive stuff, I believe.

KJ869

Uplay Deluxe Edition + season pass seems to give all the content.

kriskrosbbk

Nope - just looked at what it says on the PSN Store when you select to buy Watchdogs:

"Please go to the PlayStation Store on PS4 any time after 12:01am EST on May 27, 2014 to download your game and access your bonus R33B gun."

No preload for Watchdogs at all. Available for download at 12:01am on the 27th.

We dont even have an option to preorder on UK PSN.

Yes, i understand what you mean. I was more thinking in terms of extra clothes, guns, figurines, etc. ( i thought it was just a bunch of special editions with a fresh shiny coat or an exclusive worthless gun or a real map) I couldn't care less about that. In gameplay we should all be able to get the same.
Hopefully it's all just exclusive for a short period of time.

I agree this is all a bit insane. I changed my mind.

viveks86

I've been waiting for a year to get approved to NeoGaf, why does it take so long?
:( Sorry to hijack like this, but this is the only time I've been able to say something to you guys. Your gifs make me LOL every day.

Our googledoc is being invaded! How poetic!

just a reminder

1134047LK.jpg

Why doesnt the season pass come with the White Hat Pack. I got the base game on PC for really cheap, so I was just going to go ahead and get the season pass...looks like I will get all dlc except for that one. That is odd, I wonder why its not with it

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Just going to rent this on either XB1 or PS4 depending what version they have. Ubi games drop in value so fast they are not worth buying at launch, especially with p2p online.

Top Bottom