• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Lizardus

Did they release a patch or something?

I am able to log into UPlay very quickly now, game syncs on the first try and the un-holster-able weapon bug is gone too.

Namikaze1

Just beat the game with all the side missions done before the final main mission. Had a a great time except with the fixer side missions. Fuck them. Also, I just want to say that
Defalt and Damian can go fuck off. I took great pleasure in killing them. And Jordi man, I trusted you! :(

So did you guys shot Maurice or walked away? After all the burner phones I found, I feel like walking away. Guy was forced to basically hunt me down. But then there's the fact Lena died because of him. Decisions, decisions.

Anybody got some tips for the invading? I'm pretty decent at defending when people come into hack me but I kinda suck at invading others. I think I've had 2 or 3 successful attempts but a lot of the time I'm just getting caught constantly and I'm lucky enough to get away half the time.

kubus

I don't know what it is about this game (on PS4), but I'm slowly getting a headache every time I play. Anyone else affected?
I just stopped playing after ~1,5 hours because I was getting a headache. I can't remember the last time I had one. Decided to read the Watch Dogs OT for a bit and then I read your post.

First time I played the game so I really hope this doesn't mean that I'll be getting a headache everytime I play too :p

SJRB

Gold Member
9FZ627u.jpg

Dude was sitting on the edge of the bridge!

Anyway, I'm a couple of missions into Act II, this is really awesome. Main campaign missions are way better than I expected, and I just activated
the bunker
which is fucking crazy.

FXKTBR3.jpg

Game looks so intense at night.

With the headache comments i sort of have some issues when playing Online Decryption. The frame drops to like 24 frames per second for some odd reason but everything else in the game is a smooth 30. Could be lag i do not know but it is jarring.

You need to download them separately. Go to the store and search for the Untouchable (1&2) and Conspiracy Pack, with your Season Pass, both should come up as 'free'.

hope that helps.

Wow, pages upon pages of people saying the seasonpass doesn't work and you're the first to suggest this . My thanks.

God knows why it doesn't tell you to do this. Also, I never saw any of these in the store on my PS4, just on the website.

Aeon712

Just stopped a hacker at 96%, was intense trying to figure out who he was. Also I asked a couple pages back but are there any drawbacks to failing a mission like loss of xp/funds.

Ramenman

goddamn I just love the gang hideouts stuff. I just had an amazing one where I tried like 4 times and 4 times it was different.

I love how the patrols are always the same, but the guys aren't, so they don't always have explosive/distract opportunities etc. So you kind of have to adapt to what you find each time, but still benefit from knowledge from other tries.

And I also love how these zones can be approached from a lot of different sides, they really make sense in an open-world.

Also, sometimes crazy chain reactions happen when you hack explosive stuff, I love it. That, and slow-mo headshots with the silenced pistol.

And there's still so much I have to try in this game.

It took 10 minutes (and two timeouts) but I'm finally connecting to a Online Decryption match. I wonder if the loading screen will be infinite like the first time I tried playing this.

(Xbox One)

Just beat the game with all the side missions done before the final main mission. Had a a great time except with the fixer side missions. Fuck them. Also, I just want to say that
Defalt and Damian can go fuck off. I took great pleasure in killing them. And Jordi man, I trusted you! :(

So did you guys shot Maurice or walked away? After all the burner phones I found, I feel like walking away. Guy was forced to basically hunt me down. But then there's the fact Lena died because of him. Decisions, decisions.
I didn't kill him because I found the burner phones. Shit, I didn't even have the last one before I beat the game and that one REALLY made me glad I didn't kill Maurice. Though that may have been a worse fate seeing as he now has to live with that on his mind.

GavinUK86

Anyone know if you miss an audio log during a mission if it's gone for good? I can't seem to find a way into buildings where a main mission takes place so I'm guessing they're are missable. Hope not though.

malfcn

Back from the movies and I boot the game up. Not cool. I jump into a tailing mission in a car. Guy runs up and head shots? me even though I am blending in.

Noi

Was in an online tailing session just now. Dude was buying stuff in a store while I observed across the road in a car. Guy sprints outside of the store at around ~80% and runs up and down the parking lot where I'm hiding. At the last 5%, he runs up to my car, jacks it and pulls me out of it and drives off. Didn't profile me during that exchange, so I just walk off as if nothing happened and win in an extra second.

Most bizzare thing I've had happen yet.
KuGsj.gif

Kelsey

Banned
Wow, pages upon pages of people saying the seasonpass doesn't work and you're the first to suggest this . My thanks.

God knows why it doesn't tell you to do this. Also, I never saw any of these in the store on my PS4, just on the website.

It's ridiculous that these didn't auto-download with the season pass or at least send us a message in-game or to our PSN account notifying us that it's available. The new digital trip is dated June 3rd on PSN, but it's downloadable right now along with the gangster gun and outfit.

So I've just started playing decryption matches... unfortunately every time it devolves into people get in the car and drive a loop until they win or crash get killed and the other team does it. really unfortunate oversight.

DukeBobby

The main missions are starting to get a bit better now (midway through act 2).

The story appears to be going nowhere, though. Maybe it's because I don't care about it, or the characters.

Andrew.

Banned
I'm hacking your shit why you're being chased and attacked by the cops. And I just sit back and laugh. It's glorious.

This game.

Setsuna

Everytime i get to enjoying my self with this game some bug comes and ruins it

First my save game gets wiped when i was at the end of act 4. now my skills are bugged

EDIT Reverting to an earlier save file fixed my skill issue

I just thought of something. If you know you're gonna get hacked due to the cellphone/pause thing. Anything stopping you from just fast travelling to the other side of the map? They only have 5 minutes.

Bollocks

Game: Don't kill him
Me: Ok
Game: NPC lobs grenade to the guy I'm not supposed to kill. He dies, I fail the mission
Wtf Ubisoft.

Also of course it would't be a Ubisoft game without a french pronunciation mixed in.

Yasae

Banned
Checkpoint 12/14 in mobile challenge - player disconnected.

Sorry but there's gonna have to be steep penalties starting next patch.

Aeon712

Game: Don't kill him
Me: Ok
Game: NPC lobs grenade to the guy I'm not supposed to kill. He dies, I fail the mission
Wtf Ubisoft.

Also of course it would't be a Ubisoft game without a french pronunciation mixed in.

That's part of the charm of hacking grenades, you never know how they will react and throw it. That happened to me once now I only hack them when they are away from the person I can't kill.

jadedm17

After a couple more hours of gameplay I finally saw a police car patrolling outside of missions without having a witness call them. It crashed into several civilian vehicles, nearly hit some woman, drove through a red light and knocked over a lantern post.

Wat.
The police are damn near insane in this, they're usually far more reckless than I am. Ive seen them murder multiple people just to try and find me when I'm not even moving. One time on a boat and them scanning the area to find me I watched several doing highspeed turns on a walkway and run over half a dozen people and destroy more fences and railings I did the entire chase previous to this.

Yasae

Banned
Could have been a network issue on your or his end. That's not fair to anyone to impose a penalty if that happens.
Dota 2 does this nonstop. It isn't fair, but that far into the match it's not nearly as likely that it was a connection issue.

I will say that I did have a really good mobile match just before. I think they veer a little too far on the racer's side, but good mobile players have given me a run for my money. They can also disable gates etc with impunity, i.e. you can't re-hack them, but racers don't really need those shortcuts unless they make big mistakes.

Vodh

Thats good to know, I've failed some missions like 4 times trying to figure out the best way to tackle it.

I believe he was referring to losing an online mission. I don't think there are penalties for failing the single player missions.

On my first invasion attempt, I got to 97% simply by circling around a tree. So disappointed I could not finish that one successfully. 1/2 on defending against invasions so far. I was kind of dreading this whole invasion thing but I've had fun with it so far.

Erban1

I finally got invaded while I was screwing around with picture settings. I paused to change the calibration slider and noticed I could still hear the rain and cars on the road.

I could hear him moving around in the alley I was in, so I sprinted out of it and went took cover on the corner. Soon as I profiled him coming out I blew the transformer vault under his feet. He barely got to start the hack before he was dead lol

Zeliard

The police are damn near insane in this, they're usually far more reckless than I am. Ive seen them murder multiple people just to try and find me when I'm not even moving. One time on a boat and them scanning the area to find me I watched several doing highspeed turns on a walkway and run over half a dozen people and destroy more fences and railings I did the entire chase previous to this.

I thought the cops were pretty reckless till I saw a fire truck just demolish everything in its path and set a new standard.

Top Bottom