• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Why are there no police cars patrolling?

The police only spawn when someone reports your crimes.

Noticed there is a definite lack of police presence when not actively being searched for.

I also noticed that when cars explode and catch fire the fire dept never shows up but can randomly be seen driving around the city with its lights and siren blaring. Same goes for the ambulances as well.

tumblr_n6b1s6uCa51r88u00o1_400.gif

The leg represents GTA5's broken multiplayer

Furyous

Is there a way to stealth the jury rigged mission? I'm having fun stealthing these missions. I've gotten through ctos towers by distracting guards, hacking cameras then hacking the system.

culafia

Can we talk about how fucking good Lucky Quinn is as a villain?

They do a really good job of characterizing a 75 year old man. He's slimy in a way that's more realistic than most games I can remember, and he carries himself in such an interesting way that I looked forward to his scenes the most. His whole character gave me the same feeling of hearing someone who never swears say "fuck" for the first time. That said, I feel like he was really underutilized. Anyone else feel the same way?

More importantly *PRE SPOILER SPOILER WARNING*
holy fucking shit, that pacemaker scene made me so uncomfortable, That was TWD levels of disturbing to me.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm not sure how they're "Going after" Christianity. I mean, I've seen Born-Again Christians in the game with innocuous jobs(Biologist), as well as Muslim, Rastafarian and others. I think people are just too sensitive. It's tough out there being the majority I guess.

I just sold the Amazon preorder bonus (outfit + gun + mission) on eBay for $20 and bought the season pass for the same amount, which came with every preorder bonus not to mention a single player mission expansion and a new reality trip.

wtzgU.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can someone pleas enlighten me why the Electronic station only has 4 tracks and the Punk Rock station has about 15?
They're not stations. It's just an MP3 player, those are categories of music. I don't know how many of each genre are in the game but you can get more than you start with by hacking people's phones or using the Shazam-like app when you hear one playing in a store or whatever.
I just sold the Amazon preorder bonus (outfit + gun + mission) on eBay for $20 and bought the season pass for the same amount, which came with every preorder bonus not to mention a single player mission expansion and a new reality trip.

wtzgU.gif
Leaning toward buying it myself. There's a lot to like here and I didn't pay full-price for the game to begin with.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
After a couple more hours of gameplay I finally saw a police car patrolling outside of missions without having a witness call them. It crashed into several civilian vehicles, nearly hit some woman, drove through a red light and knocked over a lantern post.

Wat.

Lima

The boost isn't really needed because you level up too quickly anyway.

You make that sound like a bad thing.

I love how they handled it in this game. Especially the skill tree. All of it is pretty much available early on.

I hate this fucking bullshit that most games pull where you get the best ability or the big guns at the end of the game.

They are like hey here is this super cool ability but you can only use it for one mission. Too bad motherfucker.

JJD

That's essentially just a summary of your "record." If you've killed a bunch of invaders and few have been successful you'll have "very high defense."

In "acquired content" from the menu prior to entering the game, you can get explanations for each pack. They specify the mission you must complete in the story.

After you input your codes you have to make sure you downloaded them.

If you go to your games library then click watch dogs, go to Add-Ons and they will appear and then download them.

Well, thanks to this link:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.a...=1979&productid=2841&faqid=kA030000000efI3CAI

I now know where all the additional content is. I have just finished Act 1, Mission 12 "A Wrench in the Works", and the Playstation Exclusive missions did appear where they should. But the other ones didn't.

The Blume and Cyberpunk pack are just costumes too and should be available to me on the hideout after I downloaded and installed the Season Pass but they aren't there.

I never had the option to download the palace, breakthrough and signature pack after I downloaded and installed the Season Pass. Maybe this is the issue? I can't find then anywhere be it the PSN Store, in game store, etc.

I can't even download and install the Season Pass again...

Any idea guys?

I hate this fucking bullshit that most games pull where you get the best ability or the big guns at the end of the game.

They are like hey here is this super cool ability but you can only use it for one mission. Too bad motherfucker.

Yeah, did not like this in inFamous:SS. The last power set
is unlocked in the final mission. So yeah, I used it for about 20 minutes before trading the game in. Dumb.

You make that sound like a bad thing.

I love how they handled it in this game. Especially the skill tree. All of it is pretty much available early on.

I'm with you. I hate being strung along unable to access the cool shit until the last hour of the game. Give me all the toys now, or at least the option of the ones I want, and let me play the way I want to play it!

Yeah, did not like this in inFamous:SS. The last power set
is unlocked in the final mission. So yeah, I used it for about 20 minutes before trading the game in. Dumb.
It does seem weird. Hopefully there will be DLC where you get to use it at least.

I have been having a great time with invasions - both going into other games and having people come into mine. The sandbox design gives so many variables that each attempt is different.

I've started a playlist of my successes and failures, both entering someone's game and having someone enter mine. The most recent added are from last night. I had 11 total, with one of them not highlighted because the tail target was AFK. I'm not sure if this is allowed on this thread, but here's a link to my Youtube playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8T0fude1hzPrkZSX8mjoqjSCa9WxwSDq

If I'm not supposed to do this, someone please slap me on the wrist and I won't post similar links in the future.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Watch dogs multiplayer might as well be broken. I'm not gonna sit around for 5 minutes to get a match and then the guy just quits out.

Still better than GTA V. A number of things about Watch Dogs are better than GTA V actually. The overall package obviously isn't, but WD is hardly falling flat on its face in every area compared to GTA V. The NPC's are more believable, the world has more life to it and the structured side content is way more fun in WD. Better movement, better visuals, it runs better and mechanically Watch Dogs may be the superior game. On foot anyway. WD gameplay mechanics certainly have nothing on GTA V in the driving department though.

I should point out that this is coming from a huge GTA fanboy. GTA V may well be my favourite game ever but Watch Dogs is a superior game in a number of ways. Again the overall package isn't, but it doesn't need to nor did anyone really expect it to. Not the most accurate gif in the world.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
ENDING SPOILERS

. I felt.... I don't know the word.. but that the Washington video felt out of place. But it could be that because the game made is seems like there was a big secret behind it
Daimen was annoying as hell with those cops but not hard.

I would have given DedSec those 30 seconds if it was a choice

I like the game and the idea of it. I do hope if there's a sequel that Jordi returns in someway

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh yeah and Watch Dogs also has a better wanted system than GTA V. Rockstar better copy the hiding in car feature as well as the ability to stop civilians from calling the cops in the next GTA.

WD is more fun than GTA V but Rockstar have Ubisoft beat when it comes to designing an engine to support their game.

Yeah, there's some weird feeling I get sometimes that the Disrupt engine wasn't really suited for this type of game, but something far more constrained.

Holy crap, I love the music in this game. It is so good. Though the one track I really seem to like, I can't find it anywhere. I don't think it's in the OST. Can anyone help me find it?

STORY MISSION ACT 1 AND 2 SPOILER BELOW

It plays when you fight the Enforcer in the jail laundry room, and when you chase down that one straggler when killing the crew that was sent to kill Bedbug.
Anyone know?

Grisby

I'm digging being cyber Sam fisher. Just did that first ctos mission and ghosted it. Don't think I got a bonus though, which is disappointing.

sjay1994

Yeah, there's some weird feeling I get sometimes that the Disrupt engine wasn't really suited for this type of game, but something far more constrained.

Disrupt seems more focused on Ai and connecting the city with the different systems rather than details in the world.

Which is why watch dogs 2 wont use snowdrop, since snowdrop is mostly about graphics and details.

I bet you that all future TC games will use Snowdrop now.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
u have to get tailed 5 times....

Oh. Then I suppose there's still the possibility I have been tailed at least once and just never knew about it. I somehow doubt it though. Tailing is acually way harder than it sounds. You don't have to be doing anything crazy for someone to spot you. People tend to always have their phones out anyway and moving around in different directions all the time so I find they profile me even when they don't suspect me of anything.

Oh. Then I suppose there's still the possibility I have been tailed at least once and just never knew about it. I somehow doubt it though. Tailing is acually way harder than it sounds. You don't have to be doing anything crazy for someone to spot you. People tend to always have their phones out anyway and moving around in different directions all the time so I find they profile me even when they don't suspect me of anything.

u can look under players met in the friends section of the xmb and see if u have been tailed. If you have been tailing too, it is easy to get people u invaded mixed up with people that invaded u though. I try to remember the names of all people I have invaded.

You don't have to be close enough for them to profile you to tail them though

:eek: ooh. It's settled then, thank you!

No problem! I have been procrastinating, haven't bought the season pass yet. I kept telling myself that I need to play more of the game before deciding, but I have put in about 8-9 hours total and have done 3 story missions. Got hacked by someone and I actually had fun with it, lol. So I think I have my answer.

Plus, the season pass comes with new outfits, right? The basic ones are HORRID.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You don't have to be close enough for them to profile you to tail them though
No but sometimes when at a good distance they'll turn back towards you for whatever reason and my instinct is to not move so I don't give myself away. Then they're right in my face and profle me. Player movements are really unpredictable.

Andrew.

Banned
No but sometimes when at a good distance they'll turn back towards you for whatever reason and my instinct is to not move so I don't give myself away. Then they're right in my face and profle me. Player movements are really unpredictable.

As they should be. We are unpredictable people. It just really shows in a game like this.

Top Bottom