• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I thought the corps were pretty reckless till I saw a fire truck just demolish everything in its path and set a new standard.
p7q0R5w.jpg
The firetrucks have no regard for life, captured this after one tried to go off a ramp to save a victim. Didn't work as intended.

1 out of like every 3 online tailing missions has been a guy just standing out in the middle of nowhere doing nothing. Easy points I guess.

I've spent like 8 hours just tailing people in this game. I wish I was better at hacking though.

Gaz_RB

I thought the cops were pretty reckless till I saw a fire truck just demolish everything in its path and set a new standard.

They are the perfect cover when hacking into someones world. Turn on the lights and drive however you want-they'll never think you're anything but an AI.

ttech10

1 out of like every 3 online tailing missions has been a guy just standing out in the middle of nowhere doing nothing. Easy points I guess.

I've spent like 8 hours just tailing people in this game. I wish I was better at hacking though.

That's what I did when being tailed (yes, you can tell when someone is in your game) as I didn't care about finding the guy, just getting the 5 tails for the trophy.

Almost all the people I tailed yesterday did the same thing.

failgubbe

That's what I did when being tailed (yes, you can tell when someone is in your game) as I didn't care about finding the guy, just getting the 5 tails for the trophy.

Almost all the people I tailed yesterday did the same thing.

Did you do anything to get people to tail you? i only have one so far

Just found out first hand that if the person you're hacking gets the police on them, the police will turn on you as soon as the hack is completed and they leave your game.

Kikarian

Just found out first hand that if the person you're hacking gets the police on them, the police will turn on you as soon as the hack is completed and they leave your game.
This didn't happen to me? The police just reset and drove away taking notice of me.

Maybe you did something to trigger it?

ttech10

I found it best to successfully tail others. I think those were the only times I got tailed and it was typically within a minute of tailing someone. I'm almost positive it was from the person I just hacked. The game alerted me to an intrusion once and it was the person I just tailed.

If I set the controller down I could wait hours and nothing would happen. Even with a Blume bounty on me. And when I did get invaded it was only ever a hacker.

oldmario

Act 4 Spoilers

i'm guessing defalt was supposed to be a copy of deadmau5? it seemed like it from the way the profiles were written on the clubbers and his attitude when he saw aiden had control of the webcam near him, also his car

owlbeak

Completed my first online hack! It was awesome, nerve wracking and hilarious because I was hiding in plain sight and the guy walked past me and stood next to me so many times I was sure I was going to be busted. After it was over, pressed the share button and of course it didn't save the video. It just saved 10 random seconds from like an hour ago. Grrr.

I love being hacked by others. Fire off a few rounds in n the air to clear out the NPCs then pull out the grenade launcher and start looking at cars. So much fun.

Kelsey

Banned
Best part of the online racing is that after each race there's a 30 second window you can get out of your cars and blow the other people to hell. You cant die, but you can get knocked down/back.

Gaz_RB

Completed my first online hack! It was awesome, nerve wracking and hilarious because I was hiding in plain sight and the guy walked past me and stood next to me so many times I was sure I was going to be busted. After it was over, pressed the share button and of course it didn't save the video. It just saved 10 random seconds from like an hour ago. Grrr.

Watchdogs is horrible with the share function, which sucks because it could use it so well.

Kelsey

Banned
Watchdogs is horrible with the share function, which sucks because it could use it so well.

Agreed. I've given up trying to capture my hilarious fails and successes. Another reason I'm regretting not getting this on Xbox One. With Xbox Record That I could have made so many good Upload compilation videos by now and quickly shared them on Youtube. Some things are more important than resolution I guess. Live and learn.

owlbeak

I can't tell if it's the share button's functionality that is broken or if it's individual games that are causing the issue. Battlefield 4 has the same issues with the share button, but other games (Killzone, Trials, Assassin;s Creed) don't.

Guess I'll have to just start double-pressing it to manually record.

ttech10

Just went and did the last half of the 10 drinking challenges at various bars. Got through the one in the Wards without a single retry.

Now back to the story.

Agreed. I've given up trying to capture my hilarious fails and successes. Another reason I'm regretting not getting this on Xbox One. With Xbox Record That I could have made so many good Upload compilation videos by now and quickly shared them on Youtube. Some things are more important than resolution I guess. Live and learn.

But Remote Play is one of those things.

JerC

Is this for real? You do realise the share function will eventually be fixed.

Tail others and stay active, you are far more likely getting invaded if you are in the middle of a ctos tower, privacy invasion, in the middle or just finishing up a polish chase. AFK will get you nothing.

Pingoreous

Get the PS camera and you can tell it to record just like Xbox one. Say “PlayStation, Save Video Clip,” and this command will save the last 15 minutes of gameplay. Or Say “PlayStation, Start Video Clip,” and this command will save the next 15 minutes of gameplay, instead of the last. But yeah the share bugs are annoying. It will get fix hopefully.

Frolow

Banned
Just finished the game. I would say the it's a disappointment, but I went in fully expecting a mediocre title got exactly what I predicted. The ending and final boss were particular bad as it literally was a
"Press X to Win" situation.
I mean, they really couldn't have thought of anything else?

Kelsey

Banned
Is this for real? You do realise the share function will eventually be fixed.

Even when it does work, Sony currently offers nothing on par with Upload. Every single video I take on Xbox One is immediately available for all of my friends (and the public to see) and is then also easily shareable on Youtube. So yes, I'm for real. It may not be something you value, but I clearly do.

But Remote Play is one of those things.
I have no doubt that for a select few people that's true. For me though it isn't. I bought a 52 inch TV to watch the NFL on and play video games. I have a 3DS and iPad Mini for handheld gaming.

Get the PS camera and you can tell it to record just like Xbox one. Say “PlayStation, Save Video Clip,” and this command will save the last 15 minutes of gameplay. Or Say “PlayStation, Start Video Clip,” and this command will save the next 15 minutes of gameplay, instead of the last. But yeah the share bugs are annoying. It will get fix hopefully.

I don't have a use for the camera. I bought the Sony Gold headphones though, and those allow me to issue the voice commands as well. The problem with that is that it exhibits the same problems as manually recording with the button. As you said, hopefully they get around to fixing that and simplifying the process. Right now it doesn't come close to the ease of "Xbox Record That".

RyudBoy

I often invade people in online tailing who are just standing still thinking I'd get free points, but sometimes there's that person who would wait just until the last moment to jump in a car and drive off. Fucker would have his escape route all mapped out.

Kelsey

Banned
He's playing the game and missing opportunities now, not in a hypothetical future where the feature works properly.

Thank you. Very well said. Better than my long-winded response.

Anyway, do any of you guys go on tailing missions and try to mess with the other guy's head? I've been seeing how many bridges I can open, pipes I can explode, traffic lights I can set off etc etc before he/she freaks out and starts desperately looking for me. It's like Ghost.

I have no doubt that for a select few people that's true. For me though it isn't. I bought a 52 inch TV to watch the NFL on and play video games. I have a 3DS and iPad Mini for handheld gaming.

I have a 60" TV in my man cave. Remote Play is still great for sneaking in a few minutes here and there when I'm in my bedroom or living room with my wife and kids.

Redshirt

Banned
The online aspect of this game is brilliant. I was looking forward to it because I like MP in general, but I really had no idea how cool this was going to be.

Anyone know how to win at the super high stake poker, ha I never played poker in my life. I'm more of a spades type of guy. But winning 300k easily sounds fun plus I want that motorcycle.

Nice! I completed my first successful hack today too, and I was hiding in a sports car stopped at a stop sign. Unfortunately I forgot to save the clip.

Kelsey

Banned
Jeez, I finally solved my problem where I wasn't being allowed to play the 8 Bit money chase game. If you have the profiler out it wont let you play.

The new Digital Trip game is really good. Makes great use of focus.

Top Bottom