• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Dead

well not really...yet
Is the new digital trip already out for season pass holders?

I see it on the PSN store as unavailable?

Kelsey

Banned
Is the new digital trip already out for season pass holders?

I see it on the PSN store as unavailable?

I got it today.

And just as I typed that I got a message in the From Playstation section of Notifications letting me know as a season pass holder for WD that my new "skin", weapon, and digital trip are available for download.

dyergram

Ok so I think this game clicked for me now. In somewhere near the start if act two but I'm doing every single crime intervention hideout and convoy mission that comes my way. The combat feels great and so does the stealth story and music have disappointed me but there's some nice variety in the gameplay good job ubi!

Vodh

I was a bit on the fence about getting WD but I felt that open world itch, so I grabbed it.

Put about 12-15 hours in so far and I freaking love it :D Looks beautiful on PS4, controls feel great, driving grew on me after a few hours, and man, all those little moments where everything just clicks are truly remarkable.

The city feels alive, those details about NPCs you get from profiling really seem to turn them into something more than the usual open world fodder.

And the 1v1 hacking is amazing. When you're hacking and you manage to hide from the target, watching them helplessly run around it feels great - and even if they find you, the chase is super fun.

Being on the receiving end feels pretty damn good too! I was a bit worried about that, but so far the game definitely feels quite fair and rewarding for both sides.

Got into a habit of checking my focus every now and then to see if I've got a bugger following me and it paid off - led the guy on a merry chase before he even started hacking me, stopped in the middle of the overpass and took him out with a sniper rifle - that's what you get for trying to catch me in a pickup, fool!

IamAwake

Any other PC players having connections issues for multiplayer? I cant play against people on the mobile app, but I cant play any other mode. Says I need to open NAT? Any ideas?

Tamanon

Banned
Had my first invader. Noticed a car following me and it parked offroad when I did, so I just put a bullet in the driver. Best Hacker Defense lol.

Carbonox

Online Tailing is absolutely hilarious. I notice there are 3 types of people you come across:

1. The players who apply common sense - these are the ones who catch on instantly if you move slightly off (in a vehicle or on foot). They know how to take you on as well.
2. The players who sleep - Like, they just stay in one place as if they've left the controller.
3. The players who run around like headless chickens and don't know how to profile you - They don't seem to have any semblance of constructive thought in their movement. They literally just run around or try to hide behind corners or whatnot. They often act as if they're completely oblivious to you being there too even if you make clearly non-AI movements.

I've got the 10/10 Trophy for Tailing now so that's out the way. All I have left is to get tailed 5 times and hack someone else 10 times.

Getting tailed is STILL proving fucking non-existent though.

Are you suuuuuuure?

Absolutely sure I haven't been tailed yet AFAIK. I dunno, how do you tell? :lol

Had my first invader. Noticed a car following me and it parked offroad when I did, so I just put a bullet in the driver. Best Hacker Defense lol.

Just got invaded twice.
First was a tail when I went to play a mission and couldn't. He was standing still in the bushes at night, sent him a gg message.

Second was a hacking that as I went to fast travel the game wouldn't let me, look up and I see a NPC running and stop when I turn towards him. Pulled out my gun and start shoring, he runs I chase, I kill. Poor guy had a unfair shot.

FINALLY got into some multiplayer today. Quite possibly the most fun I've had online in a long time - even 1v1 hacking. Shit is INTENSE.

I just hide in a parked car. Works every single time.

Caode

FINALLY got into some multiplayer today. Quite possibly the most fun I've had online in a long time - even 1v1 hacking. Shit is INTENSE.

I just hide in a parked car. Works every single time.

I dabbled in some hacking today too for the first time, intense as hell.... but damn fun too.

Online Tailing is absolutely hilarious. I notice there are 3 types of people you come across:

1. The players who apply common sense - these are the ones who catch on instantly if you move slightly off (in a vehicle or on foot). They know how to take you on as well.
2. The players who sleep - Like, they just stay in one place as if they've left the controller.
3. The players who run around like headless chickens and don't know how to profile you - They don't seem to have any semblance of constructive thought in their movement. They literally just run around or try to hide behind corners or whatnot. They often act as if they're completely oblivious to you being there too even if you make clearly non-AI movements.

I've got the 10/10 Trophy for Tailing now so that's out the way. All I have left is to get tailed 5 times and hack someone else 10 times.

Absolutely sure I haven't been tailed yet AFAIK.
I dunno, how do you tell? :lol

Thought the same thing, until trying to do a mission and I was locked out. You really have no idea.

Does having the auto-aim set to minimal and difficulty set to realistic affect the online portion? As of now I just have the difficulty at normal but auto-aim at minimal (because come on ubi, DS4 really doesn't need it) and I don't want to feel like the other person is getting a crutch.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
OH MY GOD. I made a grenade activate on a guy, and the guy just fucking threw it to his buddy. HOLY CRAP. Best. Game. Ever.

OH MY GOD. I made a grenade activate on a guy, and the guy just fucking threw it to his buddy. HOLY CRAP. Best. Game. Ever.
I have ruined so many missions going full stealth by breaking and just exploding someone's explosive, so awesome. It really sucks there's not more stealth options though, a tranquilizer gun and smoke bombs would do wonders.

Pingoreous

Absolutely sure I haven't been tailed yet AFAIK. I dunno, how do you tell? :lol

Yeah how do you know you haven't been tailed? I found two people tailing me and it was by mistake. I was just profiling people for money and out of nowhere i profiled a player and killed him. Didn't know he was following me otherwise. The other was just driving crazy in front of me. I love the feeling that am not alone in single player, someone is in my game whether its happening or not. You just don't know and its awesome.

Is multiplayer just jacked on PS4? The few decryption matches I've tied to play a) took upwards of four minutes to matchmake in the first place, b) took a thousand years to load, and c) were impressively laggy with player cars warping all over the place.

HelloMeow

I fucking love car surfing.

ibnBB4YqFIZJWR.gif

ibkplj2VCZKzko.gif

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ok so the "Conspiracy" digital trip missions that I got from the season pass are something out of a nightmare. Extremely unsettling and creepy. ._.

Kelsey

Banned
They must have fixed the Ubisoft servers because now every single time a bounty is placed on me I get invaded within a minute.

ttech10

I'm on 6 right now. What the hell is this.. I fricking hate whoever idea it was to make this a damn trophy.

I had walked away from it for about 1 1/2 hours before having to try again. It was just stress and frustration inducing and I started hating the entire game.

Once you're done though you walk away feeling like you accomplished something.

Top Bottom