• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Yasae

Banned
Is multiplayer just jacked on PS4? The few decryption matches I've tied to play a) took upwards of four minutes to matchmake in the first place, b) took a thousand years to load, and c) were impressively laggy with player cars warping all over the place.
They're iffy even on PC. I haven't found a single 8v8, have lost out on tons of kills due to lag, have died from two shots etc. It's pretty janky right now. And good luck killing anyone with physics because 95% of the time they rubber band out of it.

This mode could be great but instead it's just a sloppy mess and not much fun atm.

Grisby

Really digging the game. Remind me not to do fixer contracts that involve cars though. The handling is so slippery and the cops seem to teleport right in front of me. Mix that up with me running over tons of civvies and I am not enjoying myself.

So yeah, car stuffs not so much fun but the hideouts and everything else has been great.

Shadownet

Banned
I had walked away from it for about 1 1/2 hours before having to try again. It was just stress and frustration inducing and I started hating the entire game.

Once you're done though you walk away feeling like you accomplished something.

I give up man. I'm stuck on 6 at Pawnee. I can't do this. It I keep going at it I might break the game. Damn, dark souls is less frustrating than this.

Tamanon

Banned
Had a minor mugging crime lead to him calling in reinforcements with assault rifles, which led to the cops being called, which led to a 10 minute chase and escape after crashing a delivery truck and hiding in a white van until the cops gave up. That's what I get for being a good samaritan.

Saganator

That's what I did when being tailed (yes, you can tell when someone is in your game) as I didn't care about finding the guy, just getting the 5 tails for the trophy.

Almost all the people I tailed yesterday did the same thing.

What are some ways to tell if someone is your game? The only way I know is when it doesn't let me set a way point to a detected crime. Also, if you pull off a successful tail, does the person being tailed get any kind of notification?

Having a blast hacking people. Its pretty easy if you can get into a good hiding location. No one ever checks dump trucks. Haven't noticed anyone using a camera to look around either.

"Slippin' on by on LSD"

VCclHdn.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
What are some ways to tell if someone is your game? The only way I know is when it doesn't let me set a way point to a detected crime. Also, if you pull off a successful tail, does the person being tailed get any kind of notification?

Having a blast hacking people. Its pretty easy if you can get into a good hiding location. No one ever checks dump trucks. Haven't noticed anyone using a camera to look around either.

I heard you can't use focus if someone else is in the game either, but that might just be me being paranoid and trying it occasionally.

Yasae

Banned

Second hacker I had used a dump truck. I launched a grenade after a short chase; he rubberbanded forward.

Sigh.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

If you pause the game yet it doesn't actually pause then that means that someone is in you game. I pause every five minutes just to make sure.

Kelsey

Banned
Are the CTRL, ALT, and DELETE missions the exclusive 60 min of gameplay on PS4? It says they're exclusive contracts, but I'm not sure.

Yep. There's one after Delete too. It's a truly lackluster mission chain, but the bonus you get for doing it makes it worth it I guess.

Far and away the easiest way is to use focus and if time does not slow down and just the effect is present then someone is invading. Another quick way is go into your phone and attempt to queue for matchmaking - it won't let you and will then say you are invaded and give you an indication of where the invader is. That indication also occurs if you attempt to start any mission.

Are the CTRL, ALT, and DELETE missions the exclusive 60 min of gameplay on PS4? It says they're exclusive contracts, but I'm not sure.

Yes, which has a fourth mission called Shut Down as well. While the chain is better then say the very disappointing Breakthrough exclusive mission, Sony paid money to get this exclusive content is almost a con by ubisoft to Sony and Sony to the consumer. Sony gets to market it as exclusive content knowing its shit and Ubisoft provides Sony with exclusive content that they put no time into.

Grisby

Game looks really good when you're in the city proper and it's night and raining.

Still can't believe I've only done the 1sr mission or so. City feels really alive. This guy and girl were arguing and she keep saying, "Hit me. Hit me." and the dude did it! She ran off crying and the guy was profusely apologizing

ttech10

I give up man. I'm stuck on 6 at Pawnee. I can't do this. It I keep going at it I might break the game. Damn, dark souls is less frustrating than this.

I don't blame you at all. I thought I was never going to get it and was ready to give up for good until I tried one more time and a clear and fresh head helped me finish it.

RedStep

Got the achievement for 10 1v1 hacks last night. That shit gets intense! I find it kind of bitch-like to hide in a car and then gun it when you're found, so I usually hack, find a good hiding spot, and hold my position until the backdoor is installed.

You find some interesting places to hide

Going for tailing next, the one I'm dreading is getting 10 online races in... racing in open world games tends to be more frustrating than fun for me, one weird bump ends the race for you.

Holy shit. The season pass exclusive missions are fucking awesome. Feels like an 80s cop chase. From the music to the chases. Spent 15 minutes dodging a 5 car police chase. The inside view makes a world of difference.

I used to hate the driving with a passion, now I love it.

Edit: sorry not season pass missions, but PS4 missions.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
had an insanely quick changeover. I wrapped up a online tailing mission (where the person sat in a car for 90% of the observation), and within 5 or 10 seconds, I turn around and about 50 yards away, I see an NPC moving "closer to Aidan's style" and with a phone out, as he tries to hightail it behind a wall.

I fired a grenade that way, and I didn't kill him but started a slight chase where he managed to start the hack, but 2 seconds later was involved in a gun fight, where he lost when he attacked me.

It's mostly just wondering how quick between tails and hacking, happen :lol

Anyone set up some GAF Free roam, Racing or Decryption?

Yasae

Banned
Focus in multi would be interesting. Back in F.E.A.R, they did implement slo-mo in a radius around a certain player which affected everyone within. This didn't make the player impossible to kill but it was certainly a challenge.

Haven't seen anything much like that pop up again.

Hawk269

Ubisoft needs to really go all out and fix the on-line issues with all the resources they have. It is such a mess, games are laggy, racing on-line can be fun, but 90% of the time it can become a slide show because of the lag. If they can resolve the issues quickly, they could have one of the better on-line games in recent memories.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I tried Realistic for a bit and also noticed that when doing a criminal case that the suspect can detect you much easier and quicker if you get too close. But liking it a bit more than normal.
There's a stealth running skill, I recommend it.

Can someone explain how to hack people online? I was installing the back door and I never got made but it still failed for some reason. Is it because the target ran out of the yellow area?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ubisoft needs to really go all out and fix the on-line issues with all the resources they have. It is such a mess, games are laggy, racing on-line can be fun, but 90% of the time it can become a slide show because of the lag. If they can resolve the issues quickly, they could have one of the better on-line games in recent memories.
100% accurate. They need a big push to iron out the online kinks. They have a big chance here that could be squandered by infrastructure. I'm crossing my fingers, it really is something.

Lucent

I can't tell if it's the share button's functionality that is broken or if it's individual games that are causing the issue. Battlefield 4 has the same issues with the share button, but other games (Killzone, Trials, Assassin;s Creed) don't.

Guess I'll have to just start double-pressing it to manually record.

That's what I do. I usually double press, then do whatever and after I feel I've done enough I hold share and then press square to save. Ever since they added that it's worked a lot better.

Yasae

Banned
100% accurate. They need a big push to iron out the online kinks. They have a big chance here that could be squandered by infrastructure. I'm crossing my fingers, it really is something.

I agree completely.

This message has been approved by the Hawk City Council.

Kelsey

Banned
Some of the races are pretty much impossible to do well in because the cars are literally popping in less that a car length away from me. I hope that's fixable.

Yeah how do you know you haven't been tailed? I found two people tailing me and it was by mistake. I was just profiling people for money and out of nowhere i profiled a player and killed him. Didn't know he was following me otherwise. The other was just driving crazy in front of me. I love the feeling that am not alone in single player, someone is in my game whether its happening or not. You just don't know and its awesome.
Totally agree with all of this. I've stumbled upon other people in my game several times now before being notified, and I've only been playing a few hours total. It's a really fantastic addition and really does make it feel like you're not alone. So great. The tailing and hacking are very intense.

Top Bottom