• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Jobbs

Banned
Criminal convoys is a great mission type. Love the freedom you have in taking care of business. It can feed off player creativity in some interesting ways.

I've completed 15 CC missions now, and my problem with them is that the game is unbalanced. Generally they can be done by taking out the grenade launcher and 1-shotting all the cars. If there are armored enemies, grenade launcher also one shots them, taking away any potential challenge. If you have to incapacitate the target, jjust shoot the tires on the target car then take the grenade launcher and explode everything else.

Isn't he just a copy of Steven Heck from Alpha Protocol?
I'm unfamiliar with both of those things.

fTseaWE.gif

Also, no, I think that Jordi is a way better character. I kind of found Heck to be a little grating.

Just found out jam coms can stop pedestrian calls, now I'm murdering even more people. Awesome

I really hate how crimes detected near you stop the music app. There are only a few songs I like but it's still jarring.

And damn Ubisoft for the "just the tip" privacy intrusion collectibles. I understand why they cut it off while stuff is still going on, but they could at least stop teasing with interesting conclusions and then jerking them away at the last second.

didevol

Just popped in WD for PS4, and the first thing I notice is the VO lip sync is off.
I tried to pause it hoping it would 'catch up', and nope. Restarted the system and game, same thing, the VO is faster than the facial animation.

That just ruined the whole experience for me. :/

haha just found an Assassin's Creed reference in one of the leaked ctOS files in Act II.

These things are just about as meta as it gets... Spying on people who are spying on other people by hacking a system designed to spy on people.

50mbps, hardwired. I think it's just bad compression on PS4s end.

I just watched Gaz's stream on my PS4 and it seems like it is a little lower quality than watching it directly on twitch.tv, but it's watchable. I think the worse is that the frame rate appears to be lower on the PS4's Twitch client and smooth on twitch.tv itself, which I found weird.

I just watched Gaz's stream on my PS4 and it seems like it is a little lower quality than watching it directly on twitch.tv, but it's watchable. I think the worse is that the frame rate appears to be lower on the PS4's Twitch client and smooth on twitch.tv itself, which I found weird.

Yeah the frame rate is awful on PS4, plus any sudden movement causes artifacts.

soultron

Banned
Really wish you could shoot from your car/bike, especially since NPCs can do this. Although I mainly drive in cockpit view so this would be weird. And with hacking happening while you're driving, I can see it being a bit tough to focus on driving, hacking, and shooting at the same time.

Also, the skill point distribution in the beginning of the game feels pretty awkward. Here's 5 points! Unlock things like safely bypassing door locks and alarm systems on cars when you're in the first hour of the game so you never have to take risks when stealing parked cars! It's like Ubi MTL put a lot of effort into neat systems but then gives you the choice to invalidate them in the first hour. Worse yet, I don't want to unlock the car alarm system skill, but it's the first skill in the driving tree. Which means I'm forced to get it to advance and unlock the other ones. But I want the risk when stealing parked cars because it creates interesting situations.

I've never had the cops called either, which is kind of weird. I've done some messed up shit too. I guess it only happens when you pull a gun out.

Other than these issues, I've been having a lot of fun. I played up to wave 21 of that NVSN game. Starts out really slow but then gets better as you unlock better weapons drops and such.

Is there a way to deactivate icons on the map so you can see just certain activities? it's like looking at the entire milky way galaxy trying to find one star.

Really wish you could shoot from your car/bike, especially since NPCs can do this.

Am I missing something or can you just not shoot from your car?

Also, the skill point distribution in the beginning of the game feels pretty awkward. Here's 5 points! Unlock things like safely bypassing door locks and alarm systems on cars when you're in the first hour of the game so you never have to take risks when stealing parked cars!

I've never had the cops called either, which is kind of weird. I've done some messed up shit too. I guess it only happens when you pull a gun out.

Other than these issues, I've been having a lot of fun. I played up to wave 21 of that NVSN game. Starts out really slow but then gets better as you unlock better weapons drops and such.

I don't think you can shoot from your car, which is really annoying because I only get the "to put your gun away press L1" when I'm in one.

Sending a guy away on the train while you're hacking him is literally the greatest feeling.

Oh, I saw this. Inspirational and hilarious.

Lol apparently I'm so good at online I'm in the top 0% now?? That doesn't even make sense hahaha

It's says that I'm in the top 2% and I don't believe. Just played for 5 or 6 hours online.

Completed my first online hack! It was awesome, nerve wracking and hilarious because I was hiding in plain sight and the guy walked past me and stood next to me so many times I was sure I was going to be busted. After it was over, pressed the share button and of course it didn't save the video. It just saved 10 random seconds from like an hour ago. Grrr.

Yes, the video share option isn't working correctly or I'm to stupid. I hacked a guy and hid nearly in plain side. I went done some stairs down by the river. And then we ran in circles. At one point he climbed over the railing to my side while I climbed just next to him back to his former side. At the end he jumped into the water while we were at 96%, so I got up and walked slowly into his sight and the game ended with 100% me looking at him. And all I got on tape was 40 seconds me checking my skillwheel.

Not going to sift through 200 pages, but has anyone found the 90 degree tracks yet?

U23v1C9.png

No, only in this thread for the fifth time ;)

Basketball

Welp just beat the game

hope you love repetitive hacking puzzles for the trillionth time
and one clusterfuck of a final mission

and unskippable credits :<

So I'm just sitting here with proximity ieds placed around the only two entrances to this room, just waiting for someone to show up. Seems like people only hack you when you're being productive and doing missions :(

So I'm just sitting here with proximity ieds placed around the only two entrances to this room, just waiting for someone to show up. Seems like people only hack you when you're being productive and doing missions :(

Tail someone successfully. Then wait for one or two minutes and a hacker will show up. This works for me every single time.

rnaud

For a split second here I thought I was playing AC. I was on a rooftop, I ran and tried to jump to the next roof, just went down the alley, crashed and died. Haha.

Zeliard

I've completed 15 CC missions now, and my problem with them is that the game is unbalanced. Generally they can be done by taking out the grenade launcher and 1-shotting all the cars. If there are armored enemies, grenade launcher also one shots them, taking away any potential challenge. If you have to incapacitate the target, jjust shoot the tires on the target car then take the grenade launcher and explode everything else.

Grenade launcher is all you really need for any encounter in the game, but I never find it enjoyable to just powergame my way through stuff. It's a lot more fun to make it a point to be creative and figure out different solutions to obstacles. Going for maximum effectiveness all the time is bound to become boring and repetitive in any game, because any game can be powergamed.

the drinking game thing makes me sad. I got to lvl 6 with one of them(I think it is the hardest guy), think this is where I hit a complete brick wall. Forget the getting tailed 5 times trophy, THIS is the worst trophy in the game

Sajjaja

fTseaWE.gif

Also, no, I think that Jordi is a way better character. I kind of found Heck to be a little grating.

How dare you insult Heck. Why don't you sit over here and allow me to rip your finger nails out with a pair of pliers while you drink some bleach just for making me annoyed >:)
Relax guys, Heck is crazy.

Free roam is the most boring thing ever. You can't kill other players, cops don't come out in such great force as it is, but in free roam it's pathetic as well. Can't hack shit. It's utterly pointless.

Was online lagging for anyone else?

So I'm going through story mode a second time, and I have over 40 hours logged into the game since launch. I think it's safe to say that my purchase of the Gold Edition is justified.

Mars477

Banned
So, does the gameplay offset the lousy story, terrible protagonist, and sexism and racism in terms of making this a worthwhile buy?

I don't like how everytime I die on a rooftop Cash Run, the game respawns me a block away. Not even at a hospital either, so wtf Ubisoft? Gimme a retry option.

So, does the gameplay offset the lousy story, terrible protagonist, and sexism and racism in terms of making this a worthwhile buy?

You really need some Pippa Funnel Big Adventure in your life

I don't like how everytime I die on a rooftop Cash Run, the game respawns me a block away. Not even at a hospital either, so wtf Ubisoft? Gimme a retry option.

There is, but you still respawn a block away :) i think because you can try different approach from there, in a certain way is better like this, but is also boring in most of the case

Dries

I can only start the game if uplay is in offline mode... If uplay is online, once I click "play" the screen will flicker and the "Thanks for playing Watch_Dogs!" screens pops up. What the!?

Jobbs

Banned
Grenade launcher is all you really need for any encounter in the game, but I never find it enjoyable to just powergame my way through stuff. It's a lot more fun to make it a point to be creative and figure out different solutions to obstacles. Going for maximum effectiveness all the time is bound to become boring and repetitive in any game, because any game can be powergamed.

What you say is true, but in the case of this game I feel like the most powerful weapons are too easy and plentiful as well as too powerful. The game is, without question, horrendously balanced -- The idea that you have to invent your own challenge just wreaks of bad design. In other words, "buying a cheap weapon available at the start of the game" shouldn't be considered "power gaming". I want the game to challenge me, I want to have to think of the best way to approach something so as to meet that challenge -- not me have to invent my own creative challenges for myself. My 2 centurions.

I did come up with my own fun game, though. I shoot a random pedestrian with a silenced weapon. Wait for someone to dial 911, and shoot them before they get off the call. And just see how high I can get the bodycount before anyone successfully makes the call. It also amuses me, reminds me of the episode of Family Guy when Lois was mayor.

Oh someone (would link but on mobile) mentioned how the game portrays Christians as hypocrites through the profiler. Ie being listed as a fundamental Christian and making out with a hooker. Just pointing out that I guarantee that Ubi wouldn't allow that to happen with say, a fundamental Muslim. Anyway I would be happily proven wrong if someone could provide a screen shot.

GTA does the same stuff too. Lampoons conservatives all day and barely touches liberals. Not that I have a problem with this, it's their game and they have a right to do whatever they want.

What are you talking about? GTA is a gigantic lampooning of everything liberals stand for. There's even an entire radio show doing nothing but mocking the stupid shit hippies are into.

I have to agree with this. GTA does not discriminate that's for sure. Didn't play enough of GTA V but I remember in the older GTA games they even had the NPR parody station that was hilarious.

Top Bottom