• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
[QUOTEFree roam is the most boring thing ever. You can't kill other players[/QUOTE]
You know there's an option called Adversarial free roam in the options menu right?
EDIT:Made a mistake with the quote.

Are Criminal Convoy and Fixer missions infinite ?

I really like Convoy missions but I fear that once you get the trophy that's over and they don't spawn anymore.... so are they infinite or finite ?

Also can you replay main missions ? I don't see the replay option.

Hey (all)Devs, Steal this idea and give me special thanks in the credits.

Whenever you exit a car, ESPECIALLY during a firefight, make an option to hold the "exit" button versus pressing it to automatically take cover behind the car or car door.

Love,

tokyostomp

Mars477

Banned
Yes on your first two, wtf on your last two
I got... spoiled by some reviews. Turns out that out of a handful of named female characters,
one dies to kick off the plot, two get fridged to motivate the hero to do something
, and one is a black sex worker who upon being rescued by the white hero promptly drops out of the narrative.

The racism thing is from another review, and has to do with how the game portrays black people in Chicago (as either poor or criminals, instead of say, lawyers or potential future Presidents of the United States). It's not a new problem.

Shadownet

Banned
After 4 days into this game, most of it is pretty forgettable. The stories, characters, most of the missions.

The only interesting and fun stuff are the digital trips, convoy missions, gang hideouts, and the online games like hacking and tailing.

On the other hand, fuck shell game, drinking game and the damn collectables. I hate the drinking game so much.

Poker is fun though.

I'm almost 100% everything, except the drinking game... Cause screw that. I think I'm going to trade it in and put the money toward Destiny. Hopefully Watch Dogs 2 will be better cause this is far bellow the hype.

Dominator

Just a shot from my phone taken of my Vita, but it sure looks and plays very well on there.

C59BCFAE-92B4-4242-BC4D-088EA9BDD309_zps6vciq4l9.jpg

soultron

Banned
Oh shit, oh shit.

I just finished a mission where you have to exit a building when the police are called in. I used jammers to block their scans, and with my last jammer, I only had enough to get to the L train and hop on. The second I get up to the platform, a train is sitting there with its doors open. I get in and then the police scan resumes right underneath me. It acquires 100% and the police start looking/giving chase. The doors on the train shut at just the moment the cops got to the bottom of the stairs leading up to the platform. We started moving. The train stops right outside of the escape zone at Quincy and the doors open, I get off. Mission complete.

HOLY SHIT! This is why I love systemic games.

Are Criminal Convoy and Fixer missions infinite ?

I really like Convoy missions but I fear that once you get the trophy that's over and they don't spawn anymore.... so are they infinite or finite ?

Also can you replay main missions ? I don't see the replay option.

there finite, AFAIK.......but you can replay them through your phone as there are leaderboards for each one.

Sadly I'm almost done with everything already lol.........all hot spots done, only thing I have left for side quests is like 5 fixer missions and thats it. Then its online and the story.

SJRB

Gold Member
The racism thing is from another review, and has to do with how the game portrays black people in Chicago (as either poor or criminals, instead of say, lawyers or potential future Presidents of the United States). It's not a new problem.

Again with this. I've never seen a game with so many claims and faux-outrage over racism. The amusing part is that all these claims come from people who don't play the game.

I suppose using common sense is too much too ask if you seriously think Ubisoft made a game where black people are exclusively poor or criminal. Get out of here with this shit.

DOWN

Banned
Loving the size of the city and despite a bland first impression visually, the water, rain, and night graphics are great and definitely put the game ahead of 360/PS3 open world titles on my PS4.

It's fun and has that thrill of espionage for me. I've barely gotten started on the campaign because the side missions and invasions are stellar distractions. I'm sold on a non-cross-gen Watch Dogs sequel already.

soultron

Banned
Again with this. I've never seen a game with so many claims and faux-outrage over racism. The amusing part is that all these claims come from people who don't play the game.

I suppose using common sense is too much too ask if you seriously think Ubisoft made a game where black people are exclusively poor or criminal. Get out of here with this shit.

I saw two guys freestyling and one was a lawyer who made like $90K a year. It was tight.

Marvel

could never
Online Decryption is insane, finally got into a team game last night. And some good footage from it.

Can't wait to dive back in today.

What I find kinda game breaking is the Remote Profiler. I understand it's there, so the people who don't profile much still receive all the extra content, but I wish there was a way to turn it off. It's alerts clutter the interface and it makes manual profiling a completely redundant action.

Boss Mog

I'm not that far in story-wise but Jordi Chin is amazing so far. His whole "not the pizza guy" bit was quite great. It's been a while since I actually enjoyed listening to a character talk in a game.

Denton

Great video,it looks amazing.Lighting and shadows are so good in this game.
Also this shows how I often play this game :).Just walking,spying on people and looking at that beautiful city.
Nice coat btw,is it available in shops or this is from season pass or preorder?

I am just encoding another video, again just walking and chilling. The game is OMGAWESOMEILOVEIT

This coat I think I bought from the shops, no deluxe necessary.

Jobbs

Banned
Is there a safehouse in Pawnee? I would like to unlock, I really like that area.

My friend and I were in free roam, we went up to Pawnee to do some redneck shit. Ride around in beat up pickups, go dirtbiking, then I got my dirtbike stuck in a row and we both stood there staring at it.

SJRB

Gold Member
Boss★Moogle;114139564 said:
I'm not that far in story-wise but Jordi Chin is amazing so far. His whole "not the pizza guy" bit was quite great. It's been a while since I actually enjoyed listening to a character talk in a game.

Incredible character for sure.

"Guess what, it's not the pizza guy" was amazing. That entire scene was aces.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It's not actually that funny, he just deconstructs everything he sees and laughs at it.
That and the comments are insufferable. I stopped wasting my braincells and closed the tab after reading a comment that said
"Saints Row 2 has better pathfinding"

MaddenNFL64

So just came in to ask the watch dog community here, is the season pass even worth it? Seems like a slim dlc lineup to me. But maybe im just jaded, and this is alot for $20? I dunno. What do you all think?

there finite, AFAIK.......but you can replay them through your phone as there are leaderboards for each one.

Sadly I'm almost done with everything already lol.........all hot spots done, only thing I have left for side quests is like 5 fixer missions and thats it. Then its online and the story.

How ? On the phone I can only replay and select Fixer Contracts...

How can I replay Convoy and Gang Hideouts ?

valkyre

The game seems great after my first 5 or so hours, at least as far as gameplay goes, BUT :

Whoever design the driving mechanics in this game should be slapped...

I mean you have to honestly try, to make the driving suck this hard. Its like i am playing outrun.

The accelarator is ridiculously sensitive, the breaking is a total joke and the steering looks like its from some poorly made arcade kart game...

And dont let me start with the crashes or physics.

I really cant comprehend how they accomplished to make driving so fucking bad. Only hope is a patch fix, because this is seriously my major problem with the game, which other than that seems great.

MJLord

The game seems great after my first 5 or so hours, at least as far as gameplay goes, BUT :

Whoever design the driving mechanics in this game should be slapped...

I mean you have to honestly try, to make the driving suck this hard. Its like i am playing outrun.

The accelarator is ridiculously sensitive, the breaking is a total joke and the steering looks like its from some poorly made arcade kart game...

And dont let me start with the crashes or physics.

I really cant comprehend how they accomplished to make driving so fucking bad. Only hope is a patch fix, because this is seriously my major problem with the game, which other than that seems great.

Yeah this is my one major bugbear. The cars don't feel attached to the road at all, they just kind of glide.

Special C

Does anybody know why sometimes minigames like the Coin Runs and Chess show up as "Unavailable" and 5 minutes later the same one works?

Also it's incredibly annoying for me to not be able to see what level coin run is at each spot. I can look at the ones I've done in my phone but I can't remember the physical location of every one I've done. I'd like to do them all but not more than once.

Nitpicking aside, this is a very fun game.

Riozaki

Banned
i would suggest PS4, if he has both consoles there's no real advantage going X1

Yeah I know but I forgot to mention that he likes X1 controller more. So, he don't know which version he should get, either the version with his preferred controller or with the version with better graphics, frame rate, etc. So, what do you think?

T.O.P

Banned
Yeah I know but I forgot to mention that he likes X1 controller more. So, he don't know which version he should get, either the version with his preferred controller or with the version with better graphics, frame rate, etc. So, what do you think?

As someone who loves the X1 controller, the more i use the DS4 the more i'm getting to like it but that's as personal as it gets

But i also went X1 for Welfenstein mainly for the controller so yeah, tough choice but i don't think choosing one over the other is gonna kill the experience

You can't replay convoys, gang hideouts and campaign missions.....
You can't manually save....

Only digital trips, AR games and fixer contracts are replayable.
Random crimes are infinite.

Ubisoft, they almost always fuck up something ._.

Top Bottom