• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

grimmiq

Seriously..fk this game and fk the police chases..spent the last hour and a half trying to escape from these suicidal SOBs..they just ram the hell out of you..you can't target helicopters while driving..so any lead you do get from the cars you lose getting out of your car to disable the choppers for 30secs...if you do manage to get away from them and try to sneak past the rest..the AI just knows where the hell you are at all times anyway..went through an alley and found a massive set of stairs, so I parked on them and hid in vehicle..they drove to the top of the stairs and randomly decided.."hey..I know we're in a car chase..but let's get out of our car and walk down this random set of steps.."

Helicopter and half a dozen cop cars waiting outside the building for you, the only cars available to steal..slow ass taxis..And I really do love how when I'm trying to flee from the cops the game decides I'm a Michael Bay fan and moves the camera to show the big 'splosions and bright flashy colours..

zkorejo

I'm absolutely loving this game... but I have 2 questions.

Does anyone know how to scope in using a sniper rifle?.. I bought $8000 one, does it even let you zoom in?

Also, why cant I do a 360 burnout with cars or bikes?..

HigXx

Seriously..fk this game and fk the police chases..spent the last hour and a half trying to escape from these suicidal SOBs..they just ram the hell out of you..you can't target helicopters while driving..so any lead you do get from the cars you lose getting out of your car to disable the choppers for 30secs...if you do manage to get away from them and try to sneak past the rest..the AI just knows where the hell you are at all times anyway..went through an alley and found a massive set of stairs, so I parked on them and hid in vehicle..they drove to the top of the stairs and randomly decided.."hey..I know we're in a car chase..but let's get out of our car and walk down this random set of steps.."

Helicopter and half a dozen cop cars waiting outside the building for you, the only cars available to steal..slow ass taxis..And I really do love how when I'm trying to flee from the cops the game decides I'm a Michael Bay fan and moves the camera to show the big 'splosions and bright flashy colours..

You dont need to get out of your car to disable a helicopter, use focus while driving and turn around the Camera and disable it

grimmiq

You dont need to get out of your car to disable a helicopter, use focus while driving and turn around the Camera and disable it

Ah...Damn, would have been helpful to know XD Thanks..Ended up just using blackout repeatedly and they gave up as soon as I jumped into a river.. Just tried that though..I can't get the camera to look at the right angle to see above me, unless I'm in a performance car..I can't get far enough away, they're always right over the top of me.

Joeki11a

Banned
Is their going to be a lil things thread?, I swear people need to go to each area and stand around looking at the NPCs.

I saw a guy walking stops and ties his shoes
News stand worker stacking up the new merch
like literally stacking all the newspapers,
Lady slips and its picked up.

Go to the country side and I see a couple arguing, lady says go ahead hit me thats what you want to do?, guy hesistates then slaps her..had to blow his head offf for that though, didnt expect him to do it.

cackhyena

Is their going to be a lil things thread?, I swear people need to go to each area and stand around looking at the NPCs.

lilke literally stacking all the new stuff

Go to the country side and I see a couple arguing, lady says go ahead hit me thats what you want to do?, guy hesistates then slaps her..had to blow his head offf for that though, didnt expect him to do it.

Those little things blow me away in games like this. I have yet to play this game, but I'm looking forward to all those random happenings when I do. Played GTA5 for so long, and was continually seeing things I hadn't before. Breathes so much more life into the world around you.

The animation in the game is some of the best I've seen. A ton of variety and subtle details. Impressive.

Agreed. I watched a couple argue where the male was on the ground level and the female was up on a second story. The argument escalated to the point where the female started throwing the male's belongings at him. It was a nice, sincere touch.

Furyous

10348847_141811242180vhs86.jpg

They've sort of managed to make these city hotspots actually feel kinda busy. Lots of people engaged in all their little animations, sitting on the benches, sitting on the grass and fountains, people jogging, people playing guitars and drums, people taking pictures, all the conversations, etc. Your interaction with them is fairly limited so it doesn't exactly blow my mind, but it's a cool visual every once in a while.

Where's this outfit from? I need to buy it ASAP as i now have enough money thanks to unlocking the third ATM hack skill.

Joeki11a

Banned
Agreed. I watched a couple argue where the male was on the ground level and the female was up on a second story. The argument escalated to the point where the female started throwing the male's belongings at him. It was a nice, sincere touch.

Its amazing specially how different the atmosphere is for every area
the top left corner of the map is a small town area and it has trailers you see chill characters. City is bunch of people rushing around, like I said take a few hours to just take in all the areas, its pretty impressive.

dex3108

I went even further and observed smaller details. For example lady on the bench was twisting her ankle like many people do in real life. NPCs on bench are doing something with their hands all time. Also i saw girl lightning cigar while she was shealding lighter from wind...

Ramenman

Also, citizen's reaction to your good rep is very surprising.

I created a car crash with traffic lights, I watch the mayhem for a little, and a woman nearby says to me, in a very calm and discreet voice "you shouldn't stay here, someone could call the cops".

And then another time just looking at my phone, a dude passes by me and without stopping, just turning his head towards me and says "not everyone is against you you know".

It's done in such a subtle way, it's incredible.

Zakalwe

Banned

You need to lose them before you stop to hide. They will say "lost sight of" to signify you can hide safely.

To so this, you need to trick them. Drive through ally ways, slowly. Use hackable elements to explode or impede the ones behind you, once you've done this burn past the ones in front and slip into another ally. Do this 2-3 times and you'll have trapped enough to be able to slip by the rest into another back ally and kill the engine as they lose sight of you.

Then wait for a break in the patrol patterns and slip by.

Burn for the edge of the patrol area once you get a clear shot. Avoiding the scans is pretty easy if you drive carefully.

Some fixer missions give you cars with difficult handling, so it can be tricky, but even with the hardest to steer you can use these tactics to escape.

Practise driving through ally ways a bit without being chased maybe.

If you're really having trouble. Get out the car and run down an alleyway. Disable the chopper then hit blackout right away. Jump in the nearest car and haul ass. Slip through a few side roads and they'll lose sight if you.

Also, bikes are the best way to evade IMO. So much easier navigating smaller side roads.

If you really can't do this, then head for the nearest train line, hack train, and use it to escape. It's a bit of a cheat though.

Same applies with boats. Jump on boat, head to middle of water, stand up, disable helicopter, drive boat to freedom.

Zakalwe

Banned
I can't play online anymore. The game tells me 'Unable to connect to public sessions check NAT type error' but I haven't changed anything!

I'm getting the same thing.

Either that it I manage to enter a game and it starts to lag right away followed by a "session is unavailable" message.

Made no changes. Was working before. Ubisoft really need to fix their servers.

The animation in the game is some of the best I've seen. A ton of variety and subtle details. Impressive.

Even the lipsyncing of the NPC's is bang on too .. not just the main characters.

Little things? Group of 5 people doing yoga in a park, stood there and watched them for a while and zoned out lol, kid playing keepie-upsies football in the park, random hobos urinating in the alleyways and dude playing with his remote control airplane in the park ... rather good.

Linius

I just bought that add-on package on G2A for like 1,50 with a few DLC pre-order bonusses I didn't had (cyber punk and two more). Does anyone know how I get these in the game? After redeeming the code in uplay nothing started to download. I'm still new to this :p

The game was boring and it has a lot of performance issues. Also Uplay is extremely bad; I had to wait DAYS to download the game because "Log in failed". And Uplay causes my system to lag and not start any apps--it doesn't even restart.

I am done with this game and Uplay in genera. I will not uninstall both right now, but I might do it soon once I lost interest or find no reason to play the game.

molnizzle

I was so excited when I came home with my new GPU and it had a download code for Watch Dogs.

Then I realized it was a Uplay code.

fuuuuuuuu

Kelsey

Banned
Where abouts? I've completed the game and can't find anything!

Go into the game's main menu and then click on Extras. In there you can see which extras you already have. If the missions aren't listed, you didnt enter the code. If they are there, they'll tell you exactly which mission you have to complete before they open. In this case, that mission is A Wrench In the Works.

Top Bottom