• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

aravuus

I don't understand the hatred for this meme. :\

Repeat the same shitty joke enough times and absolutely every single person ever will sooner or later start to think it's getting annoying. Some people just find the joke funny for a longer time than others.

That said, I still kind of like doge, but I hate pretty much every other meme

dandoolan

I really don't understand why there is so much hate on this games visuals. Looks great to me.

I understand it's reduced from the 2012 footage, but surely people knew at the time that they couldn't possibly know how powerful next gen equipment would be at that point and were demonstrating based on their estimates?

Honestly, for me, even when you take out the differences between the finished product and the 2012 footage, I think the game looks fine in it's current state for an open world game. Won't win any awards for the visuals, but open world games rarely do. I dunno, maybe I just don't have enough of a trained eye for the finer differences.

Also, in truth, graphics are always at the bottom of the list for me when it comes to choosing a game, so maybe I'm not the one to judge.

Dr Dogg

Damn this thread grew the last day or two and it's still 6 days away.

RIP in peace bladers :_;

Anyhoo any ideas on install sizes on PC? Wolf14 is seriously hogging my free space on my SSD.

Seanspeed

Banned
Repeat the same shitty joke enough times and absolutely every single person ever will sooner or later start to think it's getting annoying. Some people just find the joke funny for a longer time than others.

That said, I still kind of like doge, but I hate pretty much every other meme
Except it was never funny. There is no joke anywhere. Picture of a dog and you paste slightly incorrect English on it. HAR HAR HAR !!!!!

Anyways, staying on-topic, Watch Dogs, yea. Probably.......not gonna buy it. At least not anytime soon. Very sceptical how fun its gonna be over a full playthrough. And the graphics aren't exactly standout, so unlike games like Infamous and Killzone, it cant falter on its gameplay one bit.

R_Deckard

Damn this thread grew the last day or two and it's still 6 days away.

RIP in peace bladers :_;

Anyhoo any ideas on install sizes on PC? Wolf14 is seriously hogging my free space on my SSD.

The Hyberbole with this game will continue long past the launch, wait for the BAD PC port stuff and, No way should this be lower rez than SS, Ryse blah blah with nary a though for the processing going on in within the engine, I still think the Online integration side of the game is going to cause lag, stutter, tearing, drops etc as the CPU is going to be hammered already without processing this, still cannot WAIT for this game.

And he was banned once already that I though if a Junior that = permanent?

aravuus

Except it was never funny. There is no joke anywhere. Picture of a dog and you paste slightly incorrect English on it. HAR HAR HAR !!!!!

Well yeah sure, thought it'd be obvious enough that some people don't find it funny to begin with without me mentioning it

thatJohann

Can someone please fix the thread title already? It's Watch_Dogs for god's sake. Seeing Dawgs is driving me crazy. Can't even search for it properly.

Everyone's favorite website is back with mp impressions :)

While the Xbox One version is running on 792p and a fixed 30FPS, it does appear to be less visually stunning than what the PS4 variant looks like, the only way we can find out why this is so is to wait for third parties to dissect the various platforms and determine which version of the game had undergone the most nip/tuck in order to deliver a perfect balance of looks and performance.

http://wccftech.com/watch-dogs-multiplayer-footage/

boeso

ysd08B0.gif

Moozo

Fixed 30 FPS..........what's that supposed to mean? Also "other third party websites" They probably don't even pixel count......bleh, have they still posted proof that they even own the game?

The half an hour gameplay video in that post looks like pretty conclusive proof to me.

It looks awful graphically.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The half an hour gameplay video in that post looks like pretty conclusive proof to me.

Plenty of people could post a half an hour video from the beta. He doesn't' have any SP mission markers. Plus it doesn't look awful graphically in anyway shape or form, that compressed video is not doing the game any justice at all.

HowZatOZ

Banned

Question is whether WCC's footage is actually legitimate, or is it still "beta" footage being passed as real. Also all the stills that this author has are hilariously taken from his own video, by just print screening. In one picture he even has the player's controls showing.

I'm going to say that the Xbox One version and past-gen versions won't look hot flash, I have a feeling PS4 will be the best graphically for consoles and obviously PC for the superior graphical quality above all. I'll say that the PS3/X360 versions will most likely get close to if not pass GTA V quality, however XOne will most likely be an in-between GTA V and the PS4's quality.

Oh and its also hilarious how the author is claiming that he still "leaked" the very first review no matter how much he was proven to have been using beta footage, and also how quickly it was disproved that he had been in the industry for 15 years. The guy is a hack no doubt about it.

Edit: "We got our hands on a legit Xbox One retail copy of the game a few days ago, and actually got a taste of multiplayer gameplay." How come they have yet to comment on single-player aspects if they've been able to handled final code? If your review was "real" would it have not included said single-player content and further insights into how the game works?

Insanely compressed XboxOne footage but Invasion looks really like the most exciting mode. That will be soo much fun (and possibly frustration)

Has this been posted yet?:

WATCH_DOGS (Commodore 64, 1989)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml3jjWssiCs

Yep. I think there is even a thread.

Don't judge the XboxOne version on a compressed vid. Isn't that guy playing the Beta by the way (he claims retail version)? But if you also have a PS4, then i'd considere that option, cause it will probably look better.. Or pc ofcourse.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Beta version :)
He's surprised that the servers are up and that people have retail copies, the amount of emphasis he puts on the assumption that their copies are retail is very suspicious, almost as if his copy isn't retail.

HowZatOZ

Banned
He's surprised that the servers are up and that people have retail copies, the amount of emphasis he puts on the assumption that their copies are retail is very suspicious, almost as if his copy isn't retail.

Or the fact that it is beta footage and he is trying to pass it as retail to get clicks. We know for a fact what the beta MP looks like (that) and it makes me laugh at how much they are clinging to being legitimate.

InfYn

Anyways, staying on-topic, Watch Dogs, yea. Probably.......not gonna buy it. At least not anytime soon. Very sceptical how fun its gonna be over a full playthrough. And the graphics aren't exactly standout, so unlike games like Infamous and Killzone, it cant falter on its gameplay one bit.

wow, such sarcasm, so edgy, hand cut on post

i'm stoked about the multiplayer.

Hello DeutschGAF.

Bitte some help here. Either I'm stupid (my family would vote for yes) or I'm just blind. I'm looking for the PS4 Standard Edition on different German online-stores (e.g. Amazon, Mediamarkt, Spielegrotte). But it seems that only the Deluxe, Bonus or Dedsec editions are available.

Was zum Teufel?

Symax

Hello DeutschGAF.

Bitte some help here. Either I'm stupid (my family would vote for yes) or I'm just blind. I'm looking for the PS4 Standard Edition on different German online-stores (e.g. Amazon, Mediamarkt, Spielegrotte). But it seems that only the Deluxe,
Bonus
or Dedsec editions are available.

Was zum Teufel?

Are you looking for the PS4 version? The bonus edition is the sandart PS4 version. Sony exclusive deal.

The MP hacking game looks fun!

It looks like this game overall is following the typical ubisoft open world formula that's been in every one of their open world games since Assassins Creed Brohood. Not necessarily bad thing, but we'll all know exactly what to expect.

M.Steiner

Ubi store copies have started shipping it seems, or at least mine has:

Dear M.Steiner,

Thank you for ordering from Ubisoft on 31 March 2014. The following product(s) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

Product Name: Watch_Dogs - Uplay Exclusive Edition
Qty Ordered: 1
Qty Shipped: 1
Not sure where it's coming from (I'm in the UK) as the tracking URL hasn't gone live yet but as long as it's here in time for release day I don't suppose it matters. Excited!

I believe the issue of the downgrade stems from the fact that Watch Dogs (along with Star Wars 1313) were the first next gen planned games ever shown at E3 2012.

So the hype for visuals is strong, and with the graphics obviously being scaled back a bit, it is highly disappointing, especially when already released games look better (inFamous SS).

Pandemic

Can we expect a mass release of gameplay footage by IGN, Gamespot, Eurogamer, etc on Thursday? Or is it just IGN with the live stream?

woen

Can we expect a mass release of gameplay footage by IGN, Gamespot, Eurogamer, etc on Thursday? Or is it just IGN with the live stream?

It's pretty sure that every media that reviewed the game at the event (or after) recorded footage and they will be allowed to show that footage (1h long each?) on the 22nd with maybe still NDA (about story etc)

The MP hacking game looks fun!

It looks like this game overall is following the typical ubisoft open world formula that's been in every one of their open world games since Assassins Creed Brohood. Not necessarily bad thing, but we'll all know exactly what to expect.

That's totally how I feel. And I think their open world games lack soul. They are usually a bunch of game mechanics explicitly described in their breadth and limitations in-game. Add an ok to bad story and progression systems. I hope I will be proven wrong one day, but so far that's how it has been. Holding off on this one as I did with anything post ACIII.

That's totally how I feel. And I think their open world games lack soul. They are usually a bunch of game mechanics explicitly described in their breadth and limitations in-game. Add an ok to bad story and progression systems. I hope I will be proven wrong one day, but so far that's how it has been. Holding off on this one as I did with anything post ACIII.

I'd agree, except everything I've heard/seen about the story thus far seems pretty approachable/a cool revenge story/interesting.

Pandemic

Jesus! That gameplay has gotten me really pumped for the game.

I sort of like that they've made everyone start with online activated, and it sort of delays you from finishing the game so quickly. I'd often finish the campaign then move onto multiplayer, but I guess this way I'll play the campaign with a bit of multiplayer too, then eventually go multiplayer.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Well I pre-ordered it. Just under £40 with Tesco. Man I wish I could have just found it for that price somewhere I actually like. Well hopefully Tesco are good when it comes to delivery.

Top Bottom