• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

SJRB

Gold Member
"3 outta 10, would not bang"
"5 outta 10, would bang if desperate"

Hahaha, this stuff is amazing. I won't say where it's from, but with stuff like this, the privacy invasions and the roadsigns they really nailed the memes.

Hahaha, this stuff is amazing. I won't say where it's from, but with stuff like this, the privacy invasions and the roadsigns they really nailed the memes.

It's such a crazy mixed bag with these invasions and what you see when you hack the ctOS footage. You get the disturbing depressing ones, then there's the amusing ones you can relate to, the batshit weird ones, then the meta ones about people spying on people, and the other meta ones which mention memes or even other Ubisoft games (the AC one made me chuckle).

It's like a risky click on what kind of shit you'll see next.

Vaga

Can anyone confirm that for the tailed trophy they don't have to fully succeed in the tail? I killed a few before they got to 100% and getting tailed is so fuckin rare, stupid trophy.

Those little things blow me away in games like this. I have yet to play this game, but I'm looking forward to all those random happenings when I do. Played GTA5 for so long, and was continually seeing things I hadn't before. Breathes so much more life into the world around you.

Yeah, I was in Pawnee escaping some police on foot when I ran behind a row of houses finally found a little shack to hide out in. I run in and there were about five or six youngsters just hanging out in there listening to the radio, one guy just strumming an acoustic guitar. The all got spooked and ran away.

Orcastar

My Little Watch_Dogs

mZArguC.jpg

is8uElo.jpg
Hacking is Magic?

sjay1994

What am I doing with my life?

Yeah that one made me chuckle.

While there are many little things that make the world neat, like many people have mentioned the biggest problem I have is the interaction of the city itself.

A blown up car on fire, fire truck arrives and just drives by?

An ambulance ran me over while it was driving by and cars were pulling over.

Traffic AI is fucking idiotic in how it could easily avoid the accidents you see.

It just seems so fake and broken at times

Jedi2016

While there are many little things that make the world neat, like many people have mentioned the biggest problem I have is the interaction of the city itself.

A blown up car on fire, fire truck arrives and just drives by?

An ambulance ran me over while it was driving by and cars were pulling over.
I'm actually curious to follow around an ambulance to see if it's actually going anywhere or if it's just driving around randomly with its siren on.

It's a nice touch to see one go by, it feels "real" in that sense (like seeing one go by IRL), but I wonder just how much of an illusion it is.

I'm actually curious to follow around an ambulance to see if it's actually going anywhere or if it's just driving around randomly with its siren on.

It's a nice touch to see one go by, it feels "real" in that sense (like seeing one go by IRL), but I wonder just how much of an illusion it is.

I just watched the video posted above and it goes no where! At least fire trucks. The call gets cancelled eventually. Also that video pretty much sums up what I mean. If you just walk around and observe the world feels alive. But as soon as you fuck around it becomes a broken mess.

Los Santos has spoiled us. If this was released when it was supposed to it would have been scathed by GTA V.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
"]This article explains my main problem with the game, it takes itself too seriously and doesn't do it well.[/URL]
Stopped reading that article as soon as I hit the part that stated that Clara is a teenage girl. Man people really need to get their facts straight before writing an article about a game not having a completely satirical plot like pretty much every other open world game set in modern day. Btw, does anyone know where I can find the outfit packs that apparently come with the season pass?

Jito

Banned
Stopped reading that article as soon as I hit the part that stated that Clara is a teenage girl. Man people really need to get their facts straight before writing an article about a game not having a completely satirical plot like pretty much every other open world game set in modern day. Btw, does anyone know where I can find the outfit packs that apparently come with the season pass?

He got the age of a character wrong therefore his opinion is invalid. Good argument. That scene where they first meet is so cringey with Aiden acting tough.

Jedi2016

Los Santos has spoiled us. If this was released when it was supposed to it would have been scathed by GTA V.
I haven't played WD that long yet, but I do get the feeling that while there's still a big open area to wander around, there's not as much freedom as GTAV gives us.

I was so excited when I came home with my new GPU and it had a download code for Watch Dogs.

Then I realized it was a Uplay code.

fuuuuuuuu

Yep the same case. I got it when I bought an Nvidia graphics card, and I had to get into dem problems with Uplay.Also I've heard that Uplay's instability of logging and staying online breaks save files if you used the cloud-based online save-file feature or something like that.

Remind me why Uplay exists again?

It bugs me that Aiden is the worst looking main character.

I know right? He could have looked more "normal" or fit the settings/futuristic timeline.

Magwik

Banned
Played the 1v1 hacking mode at a friends house last night. Was super fun. I actually successfully hacked the other player by hiding in their own car.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
He got the age of a character wrong therefore his opinion is invalid. Good argument. That scene where they first meet is so cringey with Aiden acting tough.
Aiden acting tough is supposed to be OTT during that specific scene. The game makes fun of Aiden multiple times for his tough nature.
"You're exactly what I expected."
And the phone call that happens right afterwards.
The game is making fun of it's protagonist, it's called subtlety. There's tons of subtle humor in the dialogue.

Jarrod38

- Last night I just found out there is a in car camera view while driving your car.

- Also while do the weapon cache side mission I heard two guys having a rap battle I believe.

FrsDvl

So.... My girlfriend and daughter had some fun with watch_dogs. Now i'm a menace and i don't like it. How do i restore my reputation?

- Last night I just found out there is a in car camera view while driving your car.

- Also while do the weapon cache side mission I heard two guys having a rap battle I believe.

Have you finished that weapons cache? I found 9/10 caches and according to YouTube I'm supposed to then get a phone call. I got nothing.

My game just got fucked up by a bug that wipes your whole single player progress. It seems to trigger if someone melee kills you in online tailing contract. Thank God I had a recent backup in the PS+ cloud.

fade_

I just noticed that I don't know how to go down ladders. Is there some secret process? Getting near one doesnt start the down animatino and pressing vault button has me vault over nearest cover/cover button has me going into nearest cover.

Kelsey

Banned
Note to n00bs (AKA: Pro-tip)

It's a VIDEOGAME, you have to suspend disbelief.

It's going to be fake, have glitches, etc...

Sorry, I can't enjoy myself if I know for a fact that the firetrucks aren't behaving properly. If I found out in real life that the firetrucks weren't really going anywhere, life would lose all meaning. I'm contemplating returning my digital purchase.

In actual news, I can't be the only one that blows up a car right when the tailing meter hits about 98 percent to send a message to the guy I was following that he was just successfully tailed. You guys are doing something similar too right?

RoKKeR

Does anybody have these weird lines on Aiden's jacket? At first I thought it was a rendering issue but I'm pretty sure it's my 5+ year old TV giving out on me.

Tailing and hacking is a lot of fun.

Especially when the guy you're hacking starts shooting up everything and gets into a gun battle with the cops.

lmbotiva

im playing this on PC and regardless of the problems that version has im loving this game, the gunplay is so awesome, stopping crimes is so satisfying, i seriously cant wait for a sequel were id like to believe it will be a refinement like assassins creed 2 was

HelloMeow

Sorry, I can't enjoy myself if I know for a fact that the firetrucks aren't behaving properly. If I found out in real life that the firetrucks weren't really going anywhere, life would lose all meaning. I'm contemplating returning my digital purchase.

In actual news, I can't be the only one that blows up a car right when the tailing meter hits about 98 percent to send a message to the guy I was following that he was just successfully tailed. You guys are doing something similar too right?

Yes. Throwing nades and such.

I failed miserably once. I did something stupid and the guy spotted me at 99%.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Just finished Act I, I have to say I'm enjoying the main campaign a lot more than I was expecting. This might be the first open world game I actually complete.

Mik2121

Man, this game is full of little details, but clothing is definitely not one of them... all of Aiden's clothes are the exactly same stuff with different colors. Terrible :/

Linius

Man, this game is full of little details, but clothing is definitely not one of them... all of Aiden's clothes are the exactly same stuff with different colors. Terrible :/

Yeah, some of them look great. But it would have been better to give the player more choice in style.

Did my first tail last night, it's fun observing others and also had my first invasion, fortunately I spotted him straight away and got the kill :)

Love the incar view , I wish they would patch in looking around though, it's my preferred driving style, not only does it look cool but I think it's easier for me personally.

I'm about 10 hrs in and only just started act 2 :)

Top Bottom