• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Hawk269

While there are many little things that make the world neat, like many people have mentioned the biggest problem I have is the interaction of the city itself.

A blown up car on fire, fire truck arrives and just drives by?

An ambulance ran me over while it was driving by and cars were pulling over.

Traffic AI is fucking idiotic in how it could easily avoid the accidents you see.

It just seems so fake and broken at times

Yeah it is a little weird. I had a mission where I had to chase down a guy and I caused a traffic accident and the guy drove into a fire truck, he tried to get out but was stuck so it was easy to beat him down. But after a bit, his car caught on fire and even though he crashed into a fire truck, you would think the fire truck and crew would put the fire out, but instead the fire truck after a while catches fire and explodes as well.

Tried playing this via remote play on the vita the other night, and apart from there being a little bit of added latency, the game looks and plays exactly the same, even the controls were amazing on the vita. Ubisoft really know how to do remote play the correct way.

Canucked

I'm a few hours in, and I'm not sure if Watch Dogs is for me. I like a good chunk of it but every time I get in a car I get irritated. I just quit all Fixer Contracts after a couple attempts.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm a few hours in, and I'm not sure if Watch Dogs is for me. I like a good chunk of it but every time I get in a car I get irritated. I just quit all Fixer Contracts after a couple attempts.

I honestly almost never use cars. But the driving I've gotten better at, still haven't done any fixer contracts, even though I've done about 10 gang hideouts. Maybe try a bike, or try different cars/cameras?

FLAguy954

Goddamn some of these missions are really clever for instance, I was have trouble at a ctOS Points of Interests tower until I figured out
that driving the car into the carrier, raising the carrier, then driving the car into the fence gave me access.
Good job Ubi.

dex3108

That was pretty cool. Good job. Not sure what version you are running, but it would be fun to hear some voice over etc.

I would love to do that but there are few issues with that. First English is not my native language and i don't have opportunity to speak English often, so i would probably sound weird :D Second thing is that my headset is busted for over a year now and i am using my tablet for Skype/Online Video calls and communications. :D

i usually rather play shooters on xbox one due to controller preference, but how's the ds4 on ps4 with this game? i have my xbox one copy sitting here but i'm contemplating swapping for ps4 version due to "graphics"

BFIB

The driving is terrible, but you do get the hang of it after a while. It seems a lot easier to drive in cockpit view.

Nowise10

i usually rather play shooters on xbox one due to controller preference, but how's the ds4 on ps4 with this game? i have my xbox one copy sitting here but i'm contemplating swapping for ps4 version due to "graphics"

The games look near completely identical on Xbox One to PS4. The inconvenience of swapping out would really result in no point.

RoKKeR

The Xbone version uses rumble triggers for shooting which is great, and the differences between graphics are extremely minimal.

Ughhh! I just bought this on PC and it's not even opening when I try to play it. I managed to try it after it installed, but since exiting, it's no longer working. It'll just go to a black screen for a second and then tell me "Thanks for playing!".

Any help guys?

nbthedude

I don't think I've ever felt so conflicted about a game before.

On one hand:

Knight Rider style skills like shutting garage doors, raising blockades, and slow mo car weaving is awesome and the gunplay is probably better than any other game of this type.

On the other hand:

Many missions are unbalanced bullshit, change the rules arbitrarily ("instant on sight death in prison sequence"), filled with frustrating contextual button prompts, and a generic overworld.

Are you guys having that much trouble with the driving? It's pretty bad, but I have gotten use to it.

If I could offer some tips:

go lightly on the acceleration. The cars lose traction too easily from the push off and take too long to pick it up.

work on hand braking instead of slowing down. For some reason, it works for me when I slam the hand brake and drift into turns. It sounds counterproductive but it helps me turn quicker and doesn't result in many 180's.

don't be afraid to rough up the vehicles. They take a lot of punishment, so don't worry about pulling through tight spaces unharmed.

I have done several fixer contracts but I am definitely not an expert. However, I have made improvements.

Venturer

Definetly some fun moments to be had in online, today I hacked a player when he was just getting on a train, I hacked and laughed as he disappeared off in the distance. He did manage to get back in time but somehow walked straight past me haha.

Paganmoon

Played a few hours so far, enjoying it. It does NOT look like GTA5. Though I would've still hoped for better noticing quite a lot of aliasing.

But anyway, early on in the previews that leaked, people were saying it got annoying having people coming into your game and hacking you after a while. I havn't (as far as I know) had anyone come in and hack me yet. I'm online according to Uplay, checked my settings, and everything for online is on, and I can go into the online contracts app myself and start an online hack.
Was the "problem" earlier that so few were playing?
Playing on PS4 btw.

And another question, was thinking of driving around to see if there were any easter eggs for Shameless in the game. Anyone already checked, or found any?

panda-zebra

Put quite a few hours in now and, as usual for me with sandbox games, not really bothered with the story too much to concentrated on exploring and discovery.

Enjoying the game on the whole on ps4, the hacking mini-games are fun and the QR/burner/etc. side stuff sometimes have a fun little bit of puzzling to them. Raiding gang hideouts and beating up the bosses I can't fault.

Hopefully UBI will patch to suspend online status when hitting the PS button to drop out to the UI - not fun coming back from a toilet break or making a sandwich to find someone has pwnd a load of your points. Had it the other way around when I invaded a player's game and he was just stood there while I hacked his phone :( Definitely prefer having people invade my game so I can just carry on with what I was doing.

Currently playing a high-stakes poker game and it's not a bad game of poker in itself. The ball/cup game is tough even with lots of focus spamming on later levels. AR space shooty thing might be the only other one I've tried, but what's a really nice touch is how doing well in these boosts your skills. Oh, the chess games are quite enjoyable, too.

Only things that are noticeably weak involve cars. Driving is functional but feels almost ps2-standard as an experience. Also, the way pedestrians react to your driving is often hilariously bad, so far over the top or simply moronic-bordering-on-suicidal. The online multiplayer I've found to be a points-sapper when up against players who have boosts and other add-ons like exploding the steam pipes or whatever, don't stand a chance.

EDIT: One of most impressive things in game is the npc dialogue as you roam around the city, never feels stale and audio levels seem carefully tuned most of the time.

Double D

But anyway, early on in the previews that leaked, people were saying it got annoying having people coming into your game and hacking you after a while. I havn't (as far as I know) had anyone come in and hack me yet. I'm online according to Uplay, checked my settings, and everything for online is on, and I can go into the online contracts app myself and start an online hack.
Was the "problem" earlier that so few were playing?
Playing on PS4

If I recall correctly you get to a point while progressing through the story where invading is introduced. Then it'll happen to you.

Hawk269

Ummm the PS4 and Xbox One version are almost identical visually. Look at Digital Foundry for more information, but while the PS4 version is running at 900p and the One version at 792p they are almost identical. Driving using the Xbox One controller is really good due to the impulse triggers...I am finding driving a lot better than the PC version which I use the Xbox 360 controller for.

If you preference is controller, then I say stay with what you have. Performance and visual's between the PS4 & One version is not that noticeable at all.

Nvzman

The free roam in this game is damn fun. I got into some complete chaos last night with some friends. If anyone wants to free roam with me on the PS4, my PSN is TheNickster99. Hit me up and I'm ready. Mics are also appreciated.

Dead

well not really...yet
The hell. Game is telling me I can't connect online and to change my ant type to open. Haven't changed anything since the last few days...

Didn't really find myself interested enough to buy it, but since my brother did and I share with him via digital purchases, I gave it a shot for a few hours. Seems okay enough, but if you've spent any time playing GTA 5, this seems more like mod-material, albeit spun a little differently with the hacking (why are sewers and electrical boxes deadly explosive on demand?!). Wasn't taken in by the third major mission and some time spent with the AR games and side missions. Online decryption, though, totally made the game worthwhile for me and hours later, I can't believe how Rockstar couldn't figure out how to make MP work in their massive worlds but Ubisoft with its blender approach to AAA games nailed it for me. Fun for MP, anyway.

Note to n00bs (AKA: Pro-tip)

It's a VIDEOGAME, you have to suspend disbelief.

It's going to be fake, have glitches, etc...
43538951.jpg

It's technically broken in some parts. Did you watch that video because I can replicate all those issues.

Kelsey

Banned
Didn't really find myself interested enough to buy it, but since my brother did and I share with him via digital purchases, I gave it a shot for a few hours. Seems okay enough, but if you've spent any time playing GTA 5, this seems more like mod-material, albeit spun a little differently with the hacking (why are sewers and electrical boxes deadly explosive on demand?!). Wasn't taken in by the third major mission and some time spent with the AR games and side missions. Online decryption, though, totally made the game worthwhile for me and hours later, I can't believe how Rockstar couldn't figure out how to make MP work in their massive worlds but Ubisoft with its blender approach to AAA games nailed it for me. Fun for MP, anyway.

I love GTA5, and I really really like WD, but the main difference is that GTA's world feels and looks like an actual world. There's something fake looking about games like WD and Infamous' worlds that I don't like. And what's amazing is that Rockstar accomplished that on last gen. GTA5 is also much more fun in a group than WD's amazingly bland free roam mode. If GTA5 comes to next gen, I don't see myself ever playing WD again after I beat the campaign, but I'm happy that there's a new high quality open world series and I have no doubt Ubisoft will improve a lot of what's wrong with the first game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's the South Chicago Club pack?
Just an outfit, though it's actually my favorite one so far. There might be some silly perks or something too.

Man last night I got the Pawnee ctOS tower unlocked using an empty boat, rock climbing and hacks from 3 different angles. not only was I never seen by a guard, I was never even in the red "restricted" zone. After seeing the video of the guy taking it with pure Splinter Cell lethal stealth it really stood out to me how many options you get in a lot of these scenarios.

I also did 4 ctOS mobile challenges (as the driver, I haven't been able to log into the app on my phone yet once), and won 3... they're honestly quite fun as well. There's so much stuff here.

I almost always used bikes, they seem to handle way better and faster, it looks cooler too with that jacket.
Indeed, Aiden is meant to ride a motorcycle.

Warning though: in any online interaction it's a death sentence because you stick out like a sore thumb.

This might not be for everybody, but while people were ranting about textures and resolutions, I was busy playing Watch_Souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Fn4K20Fos

Man, don't do that right now. Haven't you read about the bug that's happening when someone dies while being invaded? They lose all their unlocks and have to start the game over. Some of these people could be near the end, and they're screwed if they get hit with the bug.

Wait until it's patched.

Top Bottom