• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Driving finally clicked with me last night and I gotta say I love it. I can rip through traffic with a car now. Gotta say this game is up there with red dead redemption for my favorite open world game. Good job ubi soft.

I love GTA5, and I really really like WD, but the main difference is that GTA's world feels and looks like an actual world. There's something fake looking about games like WD and Infamous' worlds that I don't like. And what's amazing is that Rockstar accomplished that on last gen. GTA5 is also much more fun in a group than WD's amazingly bland free roam mode. If GTA5 comes to next gen, I don't see myself ever playing WD again after I beat the campaign, but I'm happy that there's a new high quality open world series and I have no doubt Ubisoft will improve a lot of what's wrong with the first game.

I agree about the world not feeling as...umm...authentic, but I always know I'm playing a game, so the whole 'let's spend loads of money/time trying to make it feel real and immersive' is kinda lost on me at some point, anyway. The interaction level with the environment and its people is a much more convincing place to put effort into immersiveness or whatever and that's something no open world game that I've played has done well yet. I didn't see much to get into with free roam mode in WD (or GTA 5) from what I played, but the structured play with Online Decryption and its mashup of capture the flag and keep away coupled with the relatively fast district/map loads between sessions made it a lot more enjoyable than anything I experienced in GTA 5 online, but I also stopped playing it back in December or so. I'm hoping that if next-gen GTA 5 happens, they can address its weaknesses with included first major DLC or a major revision to its MP modes in the package to start. GTA 5 is definitely a step ahead in single player from what I played, though WD has some fun AR game diversions. Solid game, despite my misgivings, though it is highly fucking derivative for a 'new' IP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Chicago_South_Club_Pack-WatchDogs.jpg
You can't see the sweet celtic pattern on the back though.

Driving finally clicked with me last night and I gotta say I love it. I can rip through traffic with a car now. Gotta say this game is up there with red dead redemption for my favorite open world game. Good job ubi soft.
Heard a lot of talk about aiden being a terrible protagonist, but I'm loving the overall feel of his character. I suggest finding all the audio logs and really trying to dig into the backstory. This is the kind of game you don't want to rush through.

IamAwake

So I resolved my change NAT last night by changing permissions on my firewall. Que next day, and i'm back on square one. Is this NAT issue happening with anyone else? (PC Version here)

After playing this game for a couple days, I have to say I'm having a lot of fun.

I honestly don't get all the hate it receives.

The driving was bad at first, but if you participate in a couple of online races, you get the hang of it really quickly.

Gunfights are awesome. If you play them like a simple cover shooter, you might not be that impressed. However, if you use all the hacking tools in your arsenal, and move around/over obstacles efficiently, it makes you feel like a total badass.

The city actually feels like a city, as opposed to a giant playground like in GTA games. If you rush from point a to b, you might miss it, but if you take the time to walk the streets and look around, you'll find that the NPCs behavior is a lot more varied and lifelike than other open world titles. People engaging in random conversations, arguing, scumbags harassing girls, tourists taking pictures, and people doing things as mundane as kneeling down and looking at flowers. One time I was walking through an alleyway, and there were people partying on a balcony. On the street, there were two guys talking shit, and throwing stuff at the party goers as if they had just gotten kicked out of the party or something.

Online play is also surprisingly well done. I thought having people invade your game was going to be annoying at first, but every time it happens I get genuinely excited. Also, the tension felt while trying not to be discovered by your target while you're the one hacking is something I've never experienced in a game before.

If you ignore all the negativity that surrounded this game pre-launch, and go in with an open mind without trying to compare it to GTA, it can be a really great experience. Also, try not to rush through all the main missions, as I feel like you're going to miss a lot of what this game has to offer by doing so.

Man, don't do that right now. Haven't you read about the bug that's happening when someone dies while being invaded? They lose all their unlocks and have to start the game over. Some of these people could be near the end, and they're screwed if they get hit with the bug.

Wait until it's patched.

Wait, so you can be an even bigger troll if you do this? Oh boy, I bet griefers are excited to kill others' saves. The real hacking begins now.

Carbonox

Got my first Tailing finally. :lol Took DAYS. For some reason today I've been getting hacked all over the shop as well. Wonder why it's taken this long to finally get this stuff done on my end.

4 more tails and I'll have that stupid ass Trophy out of the way. Luck-based Trophies should never be incorporated in games.

kaskade

Aside from the graphical downgrade I'm enjoying the game. One side mission I had to destroy a convoy so I waited by the bridge it was going to cross and put the bridge up. Got out of the car I was hiding in with my assault rifle and shot them all up while they were stuck I'm traffic. Felt really good executing my on the fly plan. If the game can deliver moments like that somewhat constantly I'll be happy. Guns sound nice too.

Dennis

Banned
90% of the NPCs seems to be Black with a few Spanish speakers thrown in for good measure.

Is this representative of Chicago in real life?

Disclaimer: I am in section of the City where you first start the game.

kiguel182

I'm trying to play a decryption game but I can't find any matches. Is anyone having this problem?

I can hack and tail with no issues.

EDIT: forget itmp, finally found one

Linius

you mean the season pass? i want that suit so bad!

Nah, there's some sale going on at G2A. For 1,35$ I bought the Watch Dogs bonus packs: Club Justice pack, Cyberpunk Pack and Untouchables pack are in it. So a few outfits and extra guns basically.

They also have the breaktrough DLC for the same price. That's on PC.

Kysen

The AI for ped drivers seems to be broken, since a few days ago every time I get to an intersection there are nonstop crashes. People literally flooring it into another car meters away from standstill.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone use focus? I hardly use it at all.
All the time. For headshots, for when I'm overwhelmed, for sniping assholes out of their cars, to kill moving cars with the Destroyer, etc. It just feels good.

There was this story mission where you had to chase some escaping fool in a car at the end. Only vehicle around was a motorcycle and Aiden went like 'aww, i only got dis bike' and I went NOPE and just used focus to headshot the guy out of his car with my sniper rifle.

So good.

This "Traced" trophy is going to be the death of me.

I've reset my score like four times and only had one hacking and one tailing - which I accidently found the target from.

casmith07

Seriously..fk this game and fk the police chases..spent the last hour and a half trying to escape from these suicidal SOBs..they just ram the hell out of you..you can't target helicopters while driving..so any lead you do get from the cars you lose getting out of your car to disable the choppers for 30secs...if you do manage to get away from them and try to sneak past the rest..the AI just knows where the hell you are at all times anyway..went through an alley and found a massive set of stairs, so I parked on them and hid in vehicle..they drove to the top of the stairs and randomly decided.."hey..I know we're in a car chase..but let's get out of our car and walk down this random set of steps.."

Helicopter and half a dozen cop cars waiting outside the building for you, the only cars available to steal..slow ass taxis..And I really do love how when I'm trying to flee from the cops the game decides I'm a Michael Bay fan and moves the camera to show the big 'splosions and bright flashy colours..

lol. you need to get better at the game.

jadedm17

Yeah it is a little weird. I had a mission where I had to chase down a guy and I caused a traffic accident and the guy drove into a fire truck, he tried to get out but was stuck so it was easy to beat him down. But after a bit, his car caught on fire and even though he crashed into a fire truck, you would think the fire truck and crew would put the fire out, but instead the fire truck after a while catches fire and explodes as well.

I enjoyed causing traffic jams playing with the lights before. Then I started to pay attention : Most the cars gun it the second the light turns green making most of the accidents very avoidable. It looks great but its really fake.

The more I play this game the more I realize it has far more flaws then it should.
(Is it just me or is every firetruck number 41?)

Jeez, I hate the new face with passion. Aiden looks completely badass from the back, but the moment you see his round face with full cheeks and round vacant eyes, you know he just can't possibly be the stone cold vigilante he's supposed to be in the game. He's just veeeery plain. Like 70 IQ plain.

Carbonox

As if the Nemesis costume wasn't the best of them all, I realized while checking out other costumes that his hair also looks shaven and very neat when using the Nemesis and other costumes with the same style of hat, whereas 99% of the other costumes have Aiden with his scraggy default hair.

Top Bottom