• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

BibiMaghoo

Anyone know why I can't save my game (well rest) or change my clothes when I go to my apartment? I finished the mission I was on but the button prompts to do these things are missing.

Egg0

Banned
Maybe it's just me, but does it seem like they re-recorded some of Aidens' lines with another voice actor or made him tone it down? I keep hearing lines where it's super clear as oppose to the always raspy voice.

Horse

Banned
That was the one thing I thought I was missing, but it's set public there as well as on the PS4 and privacy on facebook itself. It's driving me crazy.

Shoot... was hoping that would work.

I'm literally opening my PS4 and WD now so I'm hoping when I set it all up I don't run into this issue myself. I hate FB.

eshwaaz

I've put over 15 hours into Watch Dogs, and I'm still in Act 1. I'm having such a great time just doing side missions and exploring. Maybe I'll ultimately be disappointed with the story and main missions, but I'm having a blast so far just being in the world and taking in the content. I can't remember the last time I felt so compelled to just walk slowly in a game so I can fully appreciate the atmosphere. Very satisfied.

Traffcore

Don't know if this question has been answered, but can't you make a drive-by?
Like shooting while in the car? It seems so under prioritised because of the hacking...

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
App works almost perfectly for me despite some trouble getting logged onto uplay. Once i'm in i'm golden and setting up races against someone sitting in the same room as you is amazing. Got my buddies psn/uplay login on the tablet and my account logged into the game. Crazy good fun...

RyudBoy

Don't know if this question has been answered, but can't you make a drive-by?
Like shooting while in the car? It seems so under prioritised because of the hacking...

You can't shoot while in a car. :(

I walk like I would really life, yeah.

I don't fast travel, either. I take the train if I have to go far.

That reminds me, I haven't rode in a train yet, though I did find some fools hiding in the station a few times.

Found this on Twitter. Funny thing is Greg is actually from the Chicago area.

Bo-ZoDvIcAAtZRL.jpg:large

As if the Nemesis costume wasn't the best of them all, I realized while checking out other costumes that his hair also looks shaven and very neat when using the Nemesis and other costumes with the same style of hat, whereas 99% of the other costumes have Aiden with his scraggy default hair.

I noticed that as well - Nemesis is definitely my favorite. The baggy ones are the worst, but have some really cool coats/scarves. Wish you could mix and match. Overall though, the style is really bad. He sticks out like a sore thumb. Though I'm also reminded of The Shadow in terms of his look. A modern one.

Beat it last night, it was a decent story. I love the gameplay systems, so I'm ready for a sequel if they choose to go that route. I see it being a similar AC1 -> AC2 progression in terms of quality.

The game looks its best at night in the rain. It's really breathtaking. Day-time seems too bright and washed out.

I walk like I would really life, yeah.

I don't fast travel, either. I take the train if I have to go far.

Same here. I just wish it was easier to consistently walk without lunging forward into a jog. Especially prone to doing that while spinning the camera around walking.

SeanR1221

This game is addicting! Been playing all morning.

Sometimes when I hack a civilian it says something about a crafting component or something like that? What did I just earn?

Skyzard

Banned
Locking to 40fps like someone mentioned makes it smoother than looking to 30 for me too.

^Am I missing something? Like a tutorial? This stuff is shit.

Seems like it's bugging out for me. Watching youtube shows things turning lol... WTF

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Up until today I had never been invaded before, then today I suddenly get people invading me on a regular basis. Cool. I even had one guy attempting to tail me today. The weird part was that this was basically straight after I finished tailing someone else. I profiled him but he drove away before I could kill him. He basically drove his car right next to me crashing in to some cars completely giving himself away. I don't know if that's the only guy to ever attempt to tail me, but he's the only one I know about.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So just to clarify, as I wasn't sure if this was a pre-release bug or not. If you turn off invasions and you already have some notoriety points and unlocks you will lose all your points and unlocks and have to start from scratch? Or is it the case that your unlocks just become unavailable to you? I think the latter is fair, but losing all your np seems a bit harsh.

Also, re trailing - so a sure-fire way to tell you're being trailed is if you can't get into any in-game activities (poker, drinking)? Is that right?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have not done hacking and have not been hacked as of yet. But if you are hacked, what is the penalty to you as the person that was hacked?
All online play simply increases or decreases your Notoriety, which is like an online ranking/XP currency hybrid. There's no other effect. How much you gain or lose is based on the starting notoriety of each player as well as the outcome (it's not just a fixed amount, and some occurences can see both players gaining from the outcome).

Vodh

Also, re trailing - so a sure-fire way to tell you're being trailed is if you can't get into any in-game activities (poker, drinking)? Is that right?

Or just switch on focus for like a second. If there's a fixer in your game the time won't slow (but the graphical filter will still switch on, so bet to do it while you're moving.)

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, did my first online hacking. The guy immediately noticed he was getting hacked before I even initiated and ran to hide on some rooftop you could only get to by going down a narrow alleyway and then hacking a lift. I simply hacked a nearby camera, hacked him through it, lowered the lift and walked to the very edge of the circle, stole a car and parked under a bridge in the dark. He didn't even come close to finding me.

Shortly after that I noticed that my game wouldn't pause when in the menus, so I shot in the air and disabled every vehicle that didn't drive of with my Destroyer. Then the invader just calmly walked right past me as if nothing had happened. He didn't even try to hide. Put him down with the silenced pistol.

Online is definitely the highlight of the game for me so far, along with the criminal convoys.

0racle

As someone who was "excited" for this game but due to life responsibilities and the overall negative tone this game has been getting for the past year or I have been completely ignoring it in terms of reading up on it or watching previews. I knew the basic idea, seen the game in action and knew I would like it as long as everything came together in the end.

The constant graphics talk really killed my interest in the game, but not my intent to buy it at release and over all im kind of glad there was the controversy. Because of the negativity and the fact that it caused me to not get excited for the game has made this game the best next gen experience I have had yet ! I am completely blown away, surprised with everything I encounter and honestly feel this is one of the best "next gen" looking games out there ! yes I said it....

I honestly felt bad for ubisoft when I was playing it for the first time yesterday. Knowing that everyone on the team had put in so much time and effort for YEARS to make this game but had nothing but criticism during the entire process is really a shame. Its almost embarrassing and many people should feel ashamed.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just noticed my first tail via the putting phone away thing... I kinda hope they fix that, it really made it simple. I got skillfully hacked right afterward, though
KuGsj.gif

hydruxo

As someone who was "excited" for this game but due to life responsibilities and the overall negative tone this game has been getting for the past year or I have been completely ignoring it in terms of reading up on it or watching previews. I knew the basic idea, seen the game in action and knew I would like it as long as everything came together in the end.

The constant graphics talk really killed my interest in the game, but not my intent to buy it at release and over all im kind of glad there was the controversy. Because of the negativity and the fact that it caused me to not get excited for the game has made this game the best next gen experience I have had yet ! I am completely blown away, surprised with everything I encounter and honestly feel this is one of the best "next gen" looking games out there ! yes I said it....

I honestly felt bad for ubisoft when I was playing it for the first time yesterday. Knowing that everyone on the team had put in so much time and effort for YEARS to make this game but had nothing but criticism during the entire process is really a shame. Its almost embarrassing and many people should feel ashamed.

I agree with you man. People went overboard with the graphics talk on GAF and it's really a shame. There's no reason to feel bad for Ubi though, the game sold more in 24 hours than any of their previous IP's. It's selling extraordinarily well.

Tamanon

Banned
The Bridge gang hideout was my favorite so far. Sniper Rifle really helped on some parts, even if I accidentally killed one of the three targets a few times.

Carbonox

Had a tonk police chase during one of the motorcycle Fixer missions, got away from them so they could only proceed with scouting to keep an eye out rather than chasing me, but in order to get to my destination I had to turn around and drive past them.

FORTUNATELY there was a massive van going down my side of the road so I sped up to it, hugged the dark side of the van and kept my speed in tune with it and the police drove past without noticing I was there and I was able to get to my destination.

Shit like that makes me so giddy.

painey

I was doing a fixer mission where I had to ride a bike on a time limit. I was speeding down an empty highway when a car pops in and my guy literally flies vertically in the air from the crash

I just did about two hours of free roam collectables and stuff and even with resetting my notority I had absolutely no invasions.

Ubisoft really needs to fuck off with this type of trophies.

Top Bottom