• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Grisby

So if you do the hidden ball cup thing you can get an xp bonus right? Only been able to get to level 2 so far. Damn that man's hands.

Lima

So if you do the hidden ball cup thing you can get an xp bonus right? Only been able to get to level 2 so far. Damn that man's hands.

Just cheat, they do too.

Press start once he is done shuffling and you see the ball highlighted under the cup.

JerC

Does this game not have matchmaking that you only get paired with people close to you? Earlier today the game was fine but tonight I seem to be only getting into US servers. Getting shot in the face around corners isn't nice.

I haven't bought the Season Pass yet, but considering how much I'm enjoying the game, I might spring for it. What does it include as far as long-term plans?

Dominator

Just cheat, they do too.

Press start once he is done shuffling and you see the ball highlighted under the cup.
Oh man I wish I knew this the other night. They never cheated for me you just have to keep a good eye on the ball. I won naturally.

Any tricks to get a corrupted save working on PS4? I deleted the game and reinstalled everything-- didn't work though. It still gets stuck at 90% loading :(

This game seems ok in a artificial way but I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all. About one hour in and I can't be bothered to figure out the mechanics because like most Ubi games everything feels like a chore and I don't want a second job after work. I've yet to succeed in any random crimes I tried about 10 times. I either get caught if I get too close or I have no idea what button to press once I get close to the target. Sometimes it's circle sometimes its triangle. It's all clunky and messy like AC.

Also losing the cops is way more hassle and annoying and time consuming than actually being fun. It took me 15 min to lose them once ffs. Usually I die from the damage to the vehicle and succeeded like twice out of ten tries. Hacking traffic lights rarely does anything to the chase. They are always up your ass every godamn time. You don't have enough options to lose them and even when you somehow manage to you gotta play that stupid hiding from bubbles on your map minigame afterwards for another 5 minutes.

Is the game actually fun? Am I enjoying it? Or is it one of those games I'm playing just because of the hype and everyone else playing it?

I hate stopping a crime, not getting near the person in time, only to have to chase after them and kill them :| Then they call the cops on me.
I hate when I go "Peekaboo!" in time, give chase to catch up and morally knock him the fuck out (and leave him lying unconscious in the street with blunt trauma to the head), and the guy starts shooting at me, someone calls the cops, they arrive and start shooting at me as well. The only crime I've committed at this point is perhaps jaywalking. The fuck is Commissioner Gordon at?

I'm basically getting punished for not murdering the perp before he can get a shot off, and then again for not interrupting the 911 call instead of chasing after the criminal, and if I do that I fail the whole thing. What do you want from me, game?!

I like the "Chrome" Handgun very useful!
And it's basically Robocop's gun as a revolver. I dare say it's more iconic than Aiden's cap.

failgubbe

Yeah, the mobster jacket and tommy gun are included in the pass.

Thanks. Might pick it up

This game seems ok in a artificial way but I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all. About one hour in and I can't be bothered to figure out the mechanics because like most Ubi games everything feels like a chore and I don't want a second job after work. I've yet to succeed in any random crimes I tried about 10 times. I either get caught if I get too close or I have no idea what button to press once I get close to the target. Sometimes it's circle sometimes its triangle. It's all clunky and messy like AC.

Also losing the cops is way more hassle and annoying and time consuming than actually being fun. It took me 15 min to lose them once ffs. Usually I die from the damage to the vehicle and succeeded like twice out of ten tries. Hacking traffic lights rarely does anything to the chase. They are always up your ass every godamn time. You don't have enough options to lose them and even when you somehow manage to you gotta play that stupid hiding from bubbles on your map minigame afterwards for another 5 minutes.

Is the game actually fun? Am I enjoying it? Or is it one of those games I'm playing just because of the hype and everyone else playing it?

The random criminal takedowns are always B or circle on Playstation. The cops are pretty annoying but once you get a hang on how to get rid of them they aren't so bad, hop on a train to lose them very easy

Strange, random crimes always takedowns with Circle button....

Jedi2016

Played for a few hours this afternoon. Didn't accomplish much, just roaming around and getting a feel for the game (offline). Short of going full-on GTA and murdering dozens of people, it seems there's no real consequences to just running around doing random stuff, running cars off the road, etc.

Speaking of driving, I do think it's funny that the game automatically assumes that you're going to drive around GTA-style. I get into a car, start the engine, and slowly pull out into traffic, before I even get my bearings, and the NPCs are screaming about how much of a lunatic I am and how I'm going to kill everyone... by driving normally.

I found lowering the brightness helped out quite a bit with the lighting. It seems to be far too high by default, I took it all the way down to 0 and I could still make out the logo on the calibration screen. I'm playing at 20 right now and it looks fine, better than most of the screenshots would lead you to believe (coming from me, that's saying something).

Screenshots don't seem as sharp as the game itself, though. Has anyone else noticed this? In-game, everything looks fine, but some of the screenshots I've taken look like YouTube caps.. low-res and soft-looking.

Linconan

I wonder if this is a PS4 exclusive plate.

watch_dogs_2014060101fsszo.jpg
LMAO

Andrew.

Banned
I'm actually really digging the story and like Aiden a bunch. I've always been partial to the cool, collected and monotone badasses though.

Are the side missions like crimes/convoys "random" or "procedurally generated" or are they set and its a matter of simply walking into a certain distance of set points

SJRB

Gold Member
So ummmmm

This is the best AAA Ubisoft game ever made, isn't it ?
Certainly feels that way so far.

It definately feels 100 times more polished than a typical Assassin's Creed game, that's for sure.

Is it just me or are the cops incredibly hard to shake

You're a garbage hacker, bro! Hack those traffic lights and blockers. Use the alleys, hide in the car. Think outside the typical GTA "if I drive fast enough I'll outrun them" box.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Police chases can get annoying, but it can lead to some awesome escapes. I had two cops on me when I was crossing a bridge and midway through I activated the bridge and it started going up, I was barely able to slip out while the cops got caught and I escaped successfully.

kazebyaka

Banned
Finished the game few hours ago. Took me about ~50 hours to do so, with almost 100% completion (more like 93.5%). The game is fantastic. Great gameplay, amazing graphics and the world, very interesting and gripping story. 9/10

I just finished the main campaign and I agree. Loved the game. This is the exact reason to take GAF's fervor with a grain of salt.

All anyone talked about leading up to the release was the graphics. While the game was a little rough around the edges it still came together to be honestly the best game I've played in a while.

I'm looking forward to watchdogs 2.

I finished the game before seeing all the complaints in this thread. Came to the thread expecting talk about the gameplay/story, and all I saw were posts about the graphics. Strange.

Anyways, like you, and the guy you quoted, I enjoyed the story. I ignored all the side missions/filler because I was too interested in the story; unlike, say, GTAV, where I could never get into the story and instead spent my time causing mayhem.

That being said, I just uninstalled the game. The main story was fun, but fuck if I'm going to waste my time collecting 100+ hotspots and completing every single boring, repetitive "investigation" just to unlock a side mission. I did all of the
Missing Persons
quests, all of which were extremely boring, only to unlock a mission which took about 2 minutes to finish; with virtually no pay off. All I got, for all the running around I did doing those boring missions, was hearing AIden say, and I paraphrase, "Welp, that's that."

Thanks, Ubi, for all this "content." (I did enjoy the main story, though.)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Finished the story, though a glitch got the game stuck before the credits. Backing out makes me need to redo the whole mission again. Doh

kazebyaka

Banned
I finished the game before seeing all the complaints in this thread. Came to the thread expecting talk about the gameplay/story, and all I saw were posts about the graphics. Strange.

Anyways, like you, and the guy you quoted, I enjoyed the story. I ignored all the side missions/filler because I was too interested in the story; unlike, say, GTAV, where I could never get into the story and instead spent my time causing mayhem.

That being said, I just uninstalled the game. The main story was fun, but fuck if I'm going to waste my time collecting 100+ hotspots and completing every single boring, repetitive "investigation" just to unlock a side mission. I did all of the
Missing Persons
quests, all of which were extremely boring, only to unlock a mission which took about 2 minutes to finish; with virtually no pay off. All I got, for all the running around I did doing those boring missions, was hearing AIden say, and I paraphrase, "Welp, that's that."

Thanks, Ubi, for all this "content." (I did enjoy the main story, though.)

Running around is a part of the fun too. I enjoyed just exploring the city that is packed with stuff to do. It was never boring in my 55 hours of gameplay. I actually managed to get 95/100 hotspots without ever actually hunting them down. And I enjoyed reading trivia for each of them, it brought a bit of story to the virtual Chicago, I think.

Most of the side stuff was fun, I think only two of them felt like a waste of time : people auction missions and serial killer investigations. Cash Run was the most fun activity in the game, getting all gold was a ton of fun.

I think this game does open world content mostly right, unlike any other game in the genre like GTA. The only upper hand GTA5 has over WD is story-based side missions. I wish there was stuff like that in WD, but maybe we'll get some of that in WD2.

jond76

Banned
I hate when I go "Peekaboo!" in time, give chase to catch up and morally knock him the fuck out (and leave him lying unconscious in the street with blunt trauma to the head), and the guy starts shooting at me, someone calls the cops, they arrive and start shooting at me as well. The only crime I've committed at this point is perhaps jaywalking. The fuck is Commissioner Gordon at?

I'm basically getting punished for not murdering the perp before he can get a shot off, and then again for not interrupting the 911 call instead of chasing after the criminal, and if I do that I fail the whole thing. What do you want from me, game?!

And it's basically Robocop's gun as a revolver. I dare say it's more iconic than Aiden's cap.

I was chasing one guy and he calls his buddies to come help! I tried to jam comms, but I didn't have it equipped and couldn't so sprinting after him.

It's fun how these things play out.

I love just walking around and reading everyone's info. I think I've spent more time stealing money, songs, cars and people watching than I have playing the campaign. Some of the things I've bumped into have made me lol.

Do these things start to repeat, or are they unique and plentiful enough that you won't be seeing the same stuff every hour?

Beat the game earlier. The police in this game are ridiculous. Also GTA 5 makes the world feel alive and there just isn't that level of interaction or detail in the world for this game. Ending spoiler
what was the point of having Jordi turn up at the end and turn on you? It was pretty ridiculous, especially with him being alive after you throw him off the side and he is presumed dead, only to call you and help you lol.

ttech10

Just cheat, they do too.

What do you mean they cheat?

It's about seeing if your eyes can follow the ball and that's it. I did it up to level 4 and never saw a cheat. The most they do is quickly move the ball from one cup to another like those guys do in real life.

Unless there's something I'm missing, it's not like the Riddler room from Arkham City where they have some hidden contraption under the table.

It's pretty easy to shake the cops even on land on hard mode. Just hack the helicopter, blow up police cars with hacking stuff, and drive your car underground or into an alley. Or just drive a bit far away from the disrupted heli and take cover behind a parked car.

Top Bottom