• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Klocker

Driving finally clicked with me last night and I gotta say I love it. I can rip through traffic with a car now. Gotta say this game is up there with red dead redemption for my favorite open world game. Good job ubi soft.

Yep. People expecting GTA driving (like me and reviewers) were shocked but after a bit you appreciate the precision and speed with which you can drive and still feel cool

Xyber

Fucking hell, FFA decryption is the most boring thing I've ever played.

It went on for almost 40 minutes and all that matters is to hold the thing when it goes from 99 to 100%. You barely get points for holding it so it's just not worth going after it until the end.

Blah, I just don't know. I wonder how long until I am able to play if I start downloading now.

If you're downloading on the PSN, it will download the first 3.5 GB in order for you to play the first mission. Once that's done, it will download the remaining 16 GB so you can play the rest of the game.

If you're downloading on the PC, it will depend entirely on your internet connection, but I would wait until Ubisoft has their online working properly because of issues users are having.

Zeliard

I think a few of the unlocks are useful in singleplayer and it's like... negative progress toward those. Nothing major.

The only MP unlock that's really any useful in SP is the one that increases the duration of Jam Coms, and you can easily get by without it. Boost to vehicle damage through guns isn't too meaningful when you have grenade launchers and other explosives, and all of the other unlocks are multiplayer-specific.

Pyronite

watch_dogs2014-05-312tguih.jpg

If marketing released this it'd probably be called a bullshot. It has the feel of one.

Keep releasing your videos! One day I need to go back through and collect all of them. I'm with you – walking the city is great.

Do you guys think that there will only be a single save file throughout the lifetime of this title, will multiple save files be patched in, or will multiple save files be a feature in Watch_Dogs 2? :V

Seriously, I don't want to delete my save file every time I want to replay the campaign. ;__;

Andrew.

Banned
When C.R.E.A.M. kicks in is one of the coolest open world shoot outs I've ever encountered. Holy shit.

Soundtrack is slightly partially redeemed by this fucking awesome smidgeon.

Jolkien

I keep invading hardcore defender, wish people would be like me and just give no fuck when getting back doored. 3 more to go for that god-damn trophy.

Zeliard

What do you guys think are the best tactics for FINDING invaders? Always use cameras?

Hacking cameras can be useful, but probably the single best thing you can do is to keep constant track of what's behind you, especially if you're being tailed.

Moving forward while keeping the camera behind you can be an effective way of spotting people if they don't think you can see them. If you aim your gun while looking behind yourself, you'll do an instantaneous 180 and can blast whoever might be there.

When C.R.E.A.M. kicks in is one of the coolest open world shoot outs I've ever encountered. Holy shit.

It's pissing me off that I've yet to find it, as well as a few others I want. With my luck i'll get them near the end of the game when I'll have no use for them.

Deception

Yeah easily one of my favorite parts of the campaign. Along with IED the hell out of everyone that came in lol

Andrew.

Banned
It's pissing me off that I've yet to find it, as well as a few others I want. With my luck i'll get them near the end of the game when I'll have no use for them.

It happens in the story. You can't miss it. SO GOOOOOD

Edit: it unlocks on your playlist after that mission! Yesssss

Dubz

Does it matter at all if I murder everyone in the missions? Meaning, do I get penalized for killing, and rewarded for stealth?

Bollocks

The more I play the game the more I feel I've been playing a Assassins Creed game all along. I'm just waiting for the inevitable twist.

RoKKeR

Just did the mission in
T-bone's backyard/area
at night while it was raining, the music was playing, damn that was awesome. Looked great, played great, really enjoyed the sequence in Pawnee, great area that looks beautiful.

It happens in the story. You can't miss it. SO GOOOOOD

Edit: it unlocks on your playlist after that mission! Yesssss

YES! It was my next mission, I'm over 30 hours into the game and as you can tell I've been doing everything but the main story missions, Got it! Thanks!

Love how when you're approaching an enemy facility/base you can walk towards it with your hands in pockets then all of a sudden start shooting up the place Spike Spiegal style

Andrew.

Banned
Man I must've spent 30 hours doing side shit and I'm halfway through Act 2 right now. This game is so solid. I am so balls deep into this story. The missions in Act 2 have been absolutely fantastic.

And something needs to be said about the original soundtrack.

Chabbles

Edit,
-Got it sorted. Had to go back to the garage where the mission started, found it by luck driving around, no indication on the map at all.-

This fucking game.. i think its just bugged out on me and i have to do an entire restart ?

I was just doing a Gang Hideout mission(no parking), after killing my way to the target he flee's and gets away after a long chase. i fail the mission and the game loads me into the city again, but with the gang hideout mission still active with mission objective "knock down the target" ? but there is no target on the map, i cant save or do anything and if i leave a small radius of the section of the city im in, i get a countdown time to return to the area (which has no target in it) is there any way to quit the current mission ?? or is my save fucked ?

WATCH_DOGS_20140601045310.jpg

Jarrod38

Played some of the 4 versus 4 mode while fun but man got hit by some lag. One second they are 50 meters from you and the next second 180 meters from you.

RE_Player

The story is so ridiculous. Couldn't care less about the world or Aiden. I wonder how Ubisoft is going to expand on this in future games because it just seems so bland.

Kelsey

Banned
I used focus to determine that I had an invader and then jumped in the lake and swam all the way out to the tiny island with the lighthouse on it. Gotta give it up to the guy, he followed me the whole way and then ate a grenade in the face when he made it to land. That lighthouse was making spooky sounds.

Me too. What a great surprise!

Glorious surprise.

I started the mission before I read your comment and throughout the whole thing I kept trying to use the app to get the song but it wasn't working. Being sneaky I made it into the car it was playing from and used it in there and it still wouldn't recognize the song. I wasn't happy.

Finished the mission, came here, seen your comment and all was well.

DukeBobby

The story is so ridiculous. Couldn't care less about the world or Aiden. I wonder how Ubisoft is going to expand on this in future games because it just seems so bland.

Yeah, I'm at the end of act 2, and I just don't care about anything that is happening.

Aiden is probably the most boring protagonist of the year, so far.

Dead

well not really...yet
If marketing released this it'd probably be called a bullshot. It has the feel of one.

Keep releasing your videos! One day I need to go back through and collect all of them. I'm with you – walking the city is great.
That picture just made me realize

There is no Lupe Fiasco track in this game.

Top Bottom