• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Nemesis_

Is it just me or are the cops incredibly hard to shake

Its the same for me too mate lol.

I think you've just got to make the most of the environment and the hacking. I typically hack the helicopters since I have that unlocked, and then just go through as many obstacles as I can. Opening doors, closing them behind me, blockers, steam pipes, gates, spikes and the like are all fantastic ways to lose them.

It's the ctOS scanning part that I hate. I always fuck up and then the % meter rises way too fast and it just has to start all over again ._.

but yeah, I think the cops in this game are much more dynamic and much more fun to outrun or play around with than in games like GTA or any other generic standard open world game.

I always forget to use slowmo mode!

I always forget about Focus. That being said, the game does a pretty good job of prompting you when to hack something to "neutralise" a pursuer, does it not? Or is this disabled in higher difficulty modes? I'm playing on Normal.

GulAtiCa

Note to people invading me: Don't use a motorcycle. No NPC (that I noticed) uses it. I'm just going to blow you up with a grenade launcher on sight.

Pretty sure I got someone to disconnect on me at 99% hack.. I kinda hope that it was just sever disconnect instead.. Though getting 0 points/xp/etc sucks either way..

Yeah, they are tough to shake. Though once you unlock a decent amount of hacks, you can lose like it was nothing. Actually become a lot easier and almost effortless then. This works better in the loop/etc obviously. Key thing I found is just hiding. They will give up after a little bit if they can't literally see you.

You can use the ct jam to get rid of the ct towers from searching for you btw. That can block them from finding you in the first place and give you a chance to get out of range.

Multi-storey car parks are the easiest way to shake the police. Shut the door, drive up to the second from top level and hide behind a parked car. That or you can cheat and jump in a boat.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I think you've just got to make the most of the environment and the hacking. I typically hack the helicopters since I have that unlocked, and then just go through as many obstacles as I can. Opening doors, closing them behind me, blockers, steam pipes, gates, spikes and the like are all fantastic ways to lose them.

It's the ctOS scanning part that I hate. I always fuck up and then the % meter rises way too fast and it just has to start all over again ._.

but yeah, I think the cops in this game are much more dynamic and much more fun to outrun or play around with than in games like GTA or any other generic standard open world game.

I always forget about Focus. That being said, the game does a pretty good job of prompting you when to hack something to "neutralise" a pursuer, does it not? Or is this disabled in higher difficulty modes? I'm playing on Normal.

I'm acting on normal, and found it easy to evade the cola and the scans so far once I understood how the scans work and such. Almost never have an issue with them anymore.

I did have a situation where I hid under a bridge with a boat, and the all piled on to the bridge and stayed there calling for backup even though they couldn't see me. That was just annoying.

As far as hacking, I'm terrible at finding the hackers for the most part. I did finally bother to hack someone. I hid, and they never even sniffed the area I ran to. May have been AFK.

One person did invade my game at a time today where three people hacked me to 100% and I was pissed off. I hopped in my car, targeted them on my map. Drove to their spot, jumped out. They started running. No one else was running around. She tried to run right passed me, and got a baton to the head. So satisfying after being mauled by other hackers all day.

Tip for that awful mission Sometimes You Still Lose

Just let the cops kill you after each successful hack. You get a checkpoint, your wanted level resets, and you get spawned right by a stop sign so you can get a car quickly.

patriotpaine

Neo Member
Going back to the online tail missions and notifications, here's video from my game about 30 minutes ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFd0RmbswWM

As you can see, I received no notification that I was being tailed. I wouldn't have known had I not been planning on playing a game of chess. When looking at the versions available, one switched from "play" to "unavailable." I knew something was up and so I paused and saw the NPC still moving, so I knew someone was in the game (but never received a notification because I never attempted to start a mission).

It's always humorous to watch your videos back and see the things you didn't see while you were in game; I spotted the dude twice in the video when I didn't see him in game. Was able to take him down after seeing him run up and stop near NPC's as I exited the water. Killed two civilians in the process and got caught up in a police chase.

And that's what I love about this game. That I can go from something simple like trying to play a game of chess, to having to try and find another player and kill them, to then being led way away from what I wanted to do originally via a police chase.

BBboy20

..then don't kill them, bro. Catch up and baton them in the face. Way more satisfying than a cheap bullet in the back of the head. More points, too.
That still makes no sense. They maybe feel alarmed or glad but snitching on you at that very moment? Fuck that.

So Aiden sort of sounds like Raiden from this video...same person?

http://youtu.be/meJckIFWFR0
How you mistaken Pierce's lower-pitched growl for Quieten Flynn's higher-pitched growl?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
gets easier. Outrunning them without hacks takes high max speed and a lot of skill (and willingness not to make it easier on yourself) :p Disable heli, jam coms and blackout make it way easier if you have a lot of heat.
People who disconnect right before the hack goes through are laaaaaame
i don't enjoy this sort, either. not my friends.
Finally #2....
Grats, dude. Gonna start streaming my feeble attempts on PC soon.

This game seems ok in a artificial way but I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all. About one hour in and I can't be bothered to figure out the mechanics because like most Ubi games everything feels like a chore and I don't want a second job after work. I've yet to succeed in any random crimes I tried about 10 times. I either get caught if I get too close or I have no idea what button to press once I get close to the target. Sometimes it's circle sometimes its triangle. It's all clunky and messy like AC.

Also losing the cops is way more hassle and annoying and time consuming than actually being fun. It took me 15 min to lose them once ffs. Usually I die from the damage to the vehicle and succeeded like twice out of ten tries. Hacking traffic lights rarely does anything to the chase. They are always up your ass every godamn time. You don't have enough options to lose them and even when you somehow manage to you gotta play that stupid hiding from bubbles on your map minigame afterwards for another 5 minutes.

Is the game actually fun? Am I enjoying it? Or is it one of those games I'm playing just because of the hype and everyone else playing it?

I'm enjoying it immensely and don't have any trouble losing the cops, I'm able to outmaneuver them a majority of the time.

Lol that's genius! Is anyone else addicted to the online game modes? I was up till 3am tailing and hacking, I can't get enough of it.

Watching Gaz's stream, what does it mean when these bars come up?

ECtupzQ.png

My guess is that it's when a controller prompt comes up notifying you your battery is low and because that contains your real name the PS4 streaming software automatically blacks it out. Not sure though.

failgubbe

Watching Gaz's stream, what does it mean when these bars come up?

ECtupzQ.png

My guess is that it's when a controller prompt comes up notifying you your battery is low and because that contains your real name the PS4 streaming software automatically blacks it out. Not sure though.

It's when you get a message or friend request etc i think

beercr8te

Banned
Contrary to what I posted a while back I purchased watch dogs under pressure from the kids and am enjoying it it on ps4, the only compliant I have is the sluggish movement of the main character, everything else seems fine.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Symax

Invading someone is pretty boring after you discovered the usual tactics/exploits... on the other hand: I love to be invaded and i love the feeling of paranoia.... but it usually takes far to long before someone starts invading you... i just wish there would be more multiplayer modes.
1345661034056.gif

People who disconnect right before the hack goes through are laaaaaame
What are the consequences to getting hacked completely in an invasion?

Note to people invading me: Don't use a motorcycle. No NPC (that I noticed) uses it. I'm just going to blow you up with a grenade launcher on sight.

They didn't code it for AI to use motorcycles, so you will never see an AI use one. A consequence of the decentralized development structure of Ubisoft I'd Imagine. One team says "lets add motorcycles", they code them, make models, and animations, etc. But they finish and tell another team about them but it is too late to add the AI paths so motorcycles are restricted to the player only.

One big thing that needs to be in the sequel is NPC's calling the cops on others involved in a shoot out. There's too many times where I'll get shot at from multiple position, hold my fire, pop up after some time and shoot off one bullet, only to have the cops called on me.

Lately when I've been invaded, I just use a grenade launcher and hope for the best. It's been working in my favor so far, so I have no reason to stop. :V

Lol, one of the ctos videos in the bunker is of someone playing videogames and getting pissed and in the corner its called the kinekt cam

Invading someone is pretty boring after you discovered the usual tactics/exploits...

Please, tell me more. I usually try to stay on the edge of the hacking zone or try to hide behind a car or something.

So I'm about to play the drinking game and get invaded. I wait patiently in the bar and when he walks in and realizes I'm waiting he jumps into a car only to get shot at the wheel. I love this game.

Top Bottom