• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So just to clarify, as I wasn't sure if this was a pre-release bug or not. If you turn off invasions and you already have some notoriety points and unlocks you will lose all your points and unlocks and have to start from scratch? Or is it the case that your unlocks just become unavailable to you? I think the latter is fair, but losing all your np seems a bit harsh.

Can anyone confirm whether or not you lose your np if you turn off invasions? I don't care about whether the online unlock perks deactive, but resetting np to zero is annoying.

bryt

Man. online hacking is so fun. I just finished the mission that unlocks it today and haven't progressed the story at all after that lol. I've been online hacking all day.

sjay1994

The story is so ridiculous. Couldn't care less about the world or Aiden. I wonder how Ubisoft is going to expand on this in future games because it just seems so bland.

People said the same thing about the original AC and Altair.

Then AC2 and Ezio happened.

With watch dogs all they need to do is let you be Jordi, and put the game in the other location they looked at... Dubai.

An open world Dubai would be rad as fuck.

So this happened to me today! Cracked me up! My car was stuck after that.

BpARmCcIAAAWsmO.jpg:large

Wow, this game is utter crap on PC because the controls are so bad. Driving is absolutely terrible. Reminds me of how GTA4 relies on analog triggers for gas, and it definitely didn't work.

Aiming with the gun is also horrid as there's this painful lagging between where I'm pointing and the gun aim.

With watch dogs all they need to do is let you be Jordi, and put the game in the other location they looked at... Dubai.

Dubai would be a hit or miss.

They have really cool looking modern architecture, but I heard that hardly anyone walks around outside during the day because it gets ridiculously hot.

People are complaining that the game feels empty now (something I totally disagree with). Can you imagine all the complaints if it was set in Dubai?

So with the random crimes where you observe and wait for the moment to intervene have all ended up in foot chases so far. Has anyone had one of them turn into a car chase?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lol credits. Not surprised, Ubi will put in every language team member. Probably every employee of Ubisoft.

RyudBoy

So with the random crimes where you observe and wait for the moment to intervene have all ended up in foot chases so far. Has anyone had one of them turn into a car chase?

I had one dude call for back up, but I blasted his bitch ass before he could finish the call lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, this game is utter crap on PC because the controls are so bad. Driving is absolutely terrible. Reminds me of how GTA4 relies on analog triggers for gas, and it definitely didn't work.

Aiming with the gun is also horrid as there's this painful lagging between where I'm pointing and the gun aim.
Not using ingame vsync are you?

Relly

Banned
Playing since last Friday, haven't gotten tired of it. All cons (physics, lack of AI, and driving mechanics take the cake) aside, it's a fun game, IMO.

Only up to
act 3
, been mostly exploring the city and doing side missions.

in one of the hideouts, you get to hack into leaked data sent from house hold devices with hidden or activated cameras.. I stumbled upon a game system camera called "Kinekt" recording some kid playing video games and raging like crazy. Made me cover my Kinect.. Lol.. But thankfully playing this on my PS4

Online hacking is surprisingly fun.. My palms get sweaty when I'm hiding and they're close lol

Mikey Jr.

So I spent all day today just doing online hacking.

Thats how addicting it is. I find blending into a crowd isn't all that worthwhile tbh. I'd much hide by a car, constantly just circling around it.

Gray Matter

So I just finished the campaign and I gotta say, I wasn't at all impressed with the story. Ubisoft could have come up with a better story about trying to uncover some underground criminal world, but instead went with a cliché family tragedy formula.

The gameplay and mechanics were my favorite part, using the camera to scope out an area to plan your movements felt new and fresh, the gun play was better than I expected, it could have broken the game if the shooting wasn't well done.

Now, I'm sure I can't be the only one, but the driving was rally bad, in a game where it depended so much on driving to move around, it could have been better.

Also, at the very end when you are given the option to
kill or spare Maurice was really unexpected, I was really torn which to choose, because he was the one who the car causing Lena's death, but he was forced into it, thru the recordings on the burner phones, I sympathized for him, in the end, I let him live. Couldn't justify killing him, he was trapped.

Overall, great game and I truly enjoyed it, 9/10 for me.

I wish I did not have get into shootouts - same way I felt with Mirror's Edge

I wish the game had GRAW-style hackable drones that you could fly around and survey or fight with (unless these are actually in the game later or something.) Maybe in the sequel?

Also count me in on wishing you could play as Clara. I know they were trying to go for some kind of neo-noir thing by setting this in Chicago (ground zero for Depression-era gangster shit) and having Aidan skulk around talking like he came out of a Republic serial, but I'd rather be wrecking shit from an apartment with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Thats how addicting it is. I find blending into a crowd isn't all that worthwhile tbh. I'd much hide by a car, constantly just circling around it.
Blending in/NPC behavior is only useful in below 25%, and sometimes only before you even initiate the hack.

Yeah, one dude ran off and grabbed a truck and I had to get in a car to go after him. Eventually I managed to block him off so I could shoot him.

hydruxo

Damn. Dubai??? That would be amazing.

bryt

I've been doing a method where after I hack someone I start running to the edge of the blue circle or go as far as the red area allows. After that I initiate the backdoor and the blue circle expands a little. Then I head to the edge of the blue circle again and find a spot to hide. I've successfully hacked 8 times in a row using this technique against weak to very strong defenders.

Five

Banned
Just finished the game half an hour ago. Was watching the credits and it soft locked on me.

I thought something was up when the credit text ended before all the news videos finished showing. Figured maybe I only got half the credits 'cause they decided not to show me the localization credits. But no, it just borked and didn't do anything.

Good game. I liked the sneaking, hacking, shooting and story. The driving was especially shit in the last mission. But still a good game. 8/10, would buy the sequel.

malfcn

Game always hangs on me when quitting. (Xbox One)
Wish more people would try and tail me. Those kind of achievements are frustrating.

hbkdx12

I've had it happen a few times but its pretty rare and usually after i been chasing them for a lil bit

malfcn

Wow, my first online race and I beat the poor kid by over 15 seconds.
Second race, one bad turn and got second.
Third..a guy takes me out and I have to respawn..still get third.

Fucking hell, FFA decryption is the most boring thing I've ever played.

It went on for almost 40 minutes and all that matters is to hold the thing when it goes from 99 to 100%. You barely get points for holding it so it's just not worth going after it until the end.

I completely agree. It's deathmatch with a ball that only really counts if you're holding it when it ticks to 100%.

I will never launch a decryption match. I have zero interest in this multiplayer mode.

GulAtiCa

I kinda like the main character actually. Only barely in mid Act 2 so far, but I like his personality or so. I find him much better than ACIII protag.. Though I've prob spent like 20 hours so far and mostly in hacking/messing around, so my memory of what the MC is like is kinda foggy when I spend so much time doing other things. heh

Ric Flair

Banned
The side missions are really fun, but the intro video for each-and-every-single-one is really unnecessary. Honestly that video has held me back from doing side missions for the most part. It's probably used to hide loading screens, but I'd honestly rather have loading screens after a certain point

Kelsey

Banned
Every single time I finish a story mission it has someone invade me. So I just keep hitting focus until it doesnt slow time and then I take off in my car really fast. I go a pretty good distance and then get out of my car and listen for the sound of an engine approaching and then hit it with a semi-automatic grenade launcher.

Top Bottom