• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Zeliard

I think I might like getting invaded even more than invading. It's lots of fun baiting invaders.

Wow, just tried digital trip (Madness) for the first time. Pretty cool.

There are so many things I haven't tried yet.

Try the
spider tank
out. That's quite a thing. I only wish it was more difficult.

Finally got a call from the shop I preordered my PS4, they had one in store! Only thing was: it came bundled with Watch Dogs.
Wasn't planning on buying Watch Dogs, but not wanting to wait another couple of months for a PS4, I got the bundle.
And I have to say: I'm enjoying the shit out of this game! City has a great vibe to it and looks amazing, the shooting is good and online hacking is really fun. And man, remote playing it on my Vita is sooooo cool.

Done 2 hacking missions today and I failed both due to the game.

The first time I got dropped in on a motorbike right infront of the guy, he seen it, profiled me and killed me all within 10 seconds.

Second time I got dropped in on foot and the guy ran around the corner and spotted me within 5 seconds. I did nearly get away though.... until he pulled out a grenade launcher.

Really frustrating.

Been playing this over the weekend.
It's better than GTA (or at least GTA4 - haven't played 5).
Main missions have so far been fun, side missions are also fun, those crime in progress missions are fun, online parts are fun. The stealth aspect is brilliant. Makes me wish they made a new tenchu - maybe ubisoft should release a poison rice dlc ;).
+s - Everything
-s - Music is pretty meh...
9.9/10
Goty. You heard it here first.

ttech10

Wow, my first online race and I beat the poor kid by over 15 seconds.
Second race, one bad turn and got second.
Third..a guy takes me out and I have to respawn..still get third.

I did the 10 races maybe the second day the game was out and I had already basically mastered driving from doing hotspots and fixer missions. Over half the people I raced again didn't finish the race. Once was taken out by steam and got back to get second by just a hair.

malfcn

I feel like I missed something obvious, but how does the city know Aiden is the vigilante. Is it all stemming from the black out?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The average decryption match seems to take far too long. By 10 minutes in it starts to draaaag
Imo, the decryption matches would be so much better and much more intense if the red area on the map got larger over time. Meaning that players would have less and less space to run/drive around in as the match goes on. That and a shorter timer would lead to a much better mode. Because as it is it's not very exciting to do.

RyudBoy

I think I might like getting invaded even more than invading. It's lots of fun baiting invaders.

Try the
spider tank
out. That's quite a thing. I only wish it was more difficult.

I'll try that next! So far, I only tried Madness and Alone.

malfcn

The news reports. :p

I realize that. But I thought I was all stealth on the first mission.
Now the po-po and everyone knows me.

Checking my stats, I have only been tailed 2 times.
If I profile them before they even tail me does that count?

Since I know the signs of being invaded I often find and kill them before they can do anything.

Zeliard

Anyone know exactly how notoriety won/lost works? When you invade someone it gives you numbers for what you stand to "potentially" win or lose, but how does it come to a final conclusion on that? It doesn't seem to be based on the strength of the opponent's current defensive strength rating, as there have been times when I've successfully invaded a person with a very high defensive rating and gotten a little amount of notoriety.

There have also been times when I've gained a notable amount of notoriety from a player who had relatively little after looking at their profile, so I'm not sure exactly what governs it.

I realize that. But I thought I was all stealth on the first mission.
Now the po-po and everyone knows me.

Checking my stats, I have only been tailed 2 times.
If I profile them before they even tail me does that count?

Since I know the signs of being invaded I often find and kill them before they can do anything.

What's your reputation look like?

malfcn

What's your reputation look like?

Almost all blue. It's always been very high.
And the notoriety system does feel wonky at times.

Is there any way to view a list of 'extra' perks you got from DLC? Like, I know I've got my additional battery from the Playstation missions and I've seen that I had 5 bars before and now I have 6, but can I see like a list of those perks anywhere?

Wondering when the Signature, Breakthrough and Palace will be available for Season Pass owners too.

Wow..I just watched a NPC walk away from a car, turn around a grab a drink off the roof of the car like they forgot it.

Vodh

Is there any way to view a list of 'extra' perks you got from DLC? Like, I know I've got my additional battery from the Playstation missions and I've seen that I had 5 bars before and now I have 6, but can I see like a list of those perks anywhere?

malfcn

Tailing achievement is broken.
I can confirm that if you profile the person tailing you, it doesn't count towards the achievement.
Don't look for anyone while you know someone is in your game until they invade you or complete a tailing mission.

Wish the achievement was something along the lines of kill someone tailing you.
That I have probably done about 5 times.

Had my first few invasions today with pretty good success, first one I hid in a dumpster , second one I used blackouts a lot and distractions whilst hiding in a car, and third one the guy was in one of those container cranes surrounded by police, don't think he even realised I was hacking, either that or the police kept him at bay, awesome fun :)

-Deimos

Turned on my Slow Mo, saw that it wasn't working and realized I was being invaded. Luckily I was by the water and there was a boat just sitting there. I sailed out far enough so the guy wouldn't be able to profile me from land and waited for him to do something. There was another boat near the one I took so I assumed he would take it but about 30 seconds later I saw someone in the distance swimming towards me.

Halfway to my boat he just disappeared XD. Poor bastard probably ran out of time.

David___

Banned
Tailing achievement is broken.
I can confirm that if you profile the person tailing you, it doesn't count towards the achievement.
Don't look for anyone while you know someone is in your game until they invade you or complete a tailing mission.

Wish the achievement was something along the lines of kill someone tailing you.
That I have probably done about 5 times.

It isn't broken. You're supposed to get successfully tailed 5 times because reasons

I love the paranoia invasions bring, often it will see a random car accident , initially I thought it was just cool random ai, but they could have very well been tailing me , last night I was doing a random cots unlock and then I saw an ai running, chased after him quick smart.

I initially thought invasions, tailing would be a gimmick but they really are cool.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Dubai would be a hit or miss.

They have really cool looking modern architecture, but I heard that hardly anyone walks around outside during the day because it gets ridiculously hot.

People are complaining that the game feels empty now (something I totally disagree with). Can you imagine all the complaints if it was set in Dubai?

Dubai would be awful. They should put it in Paris or London.

malfcn

So I got another tail on me. This time the game told me.
But I think it said invaded, so I was looking for a hacker.

Also, sometimes civilians have red dots over their heads..why?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I need a Watch_Dogs intervention....

the gap to 1 is ridiculous man, take a break
KuGsj.gif

Yasae

Banned
So I got another tail on me. This time the game told me.
But I think it said invaded, so I was looking for a hacker.

Also, sometimes civilians have red dots over their heads..why?
Random crime I assume? Purse snatchers and such pop up every once in a while.

malfcn

Doing tailing contracts to try and have people tail me.
The game spawned me near a barn that had a missing person inside. Hope that is just collectable and not going to mess the story up.

The red dot civilian was just strolling around and there was no indication of anything afoul.
And tailing or hacking sometimes sets you up for failure. Like putting you on a bike right next to them. NPCs can't ride bikes, so the person killed me as soon as I spawned.

Letting people tail me just for the achievement feels so wrong.

If you want to mess with people tailing you, hide from them.
They have to regain sight of you and will out themselves.

Lucent

Anyone use focus? I hardly use it at all.

Of course. It's cool and hilarious. I wouldn't have gotten an awesome clip like this if it weren't for focus. The way he says "B**** you wanna die?" in slow-mo made me laugh as I watched him run towards something I could trigger to explode. I always use it when chasing someone or planning something out.

So what's the general census after the release hype. People like it?
I'm really enjoying it. I was on the fence before launch.
I mean, I was always gonna play it, but was worried it was gonna be a waste of money.
I'm so glad if got it day one, there is sooooo much to do. I have played for about 10 hours but haven't done much story. I have mainly went around doing all the side activities which are all awesome.
And I love invading and being invaded.

Finally I would add I don't get all the hate for the visuals. Yeah it doesn't match 2012 but in every thread people say it looks bad on all systems. I just don't understand. I think it looks good. I even enjoy the "flat" lighting during the day time, I think it looks realistic.

oSoLucky

Dubai would be a hit or miss.

They have really cool looking modern architecture, but I heard that hardly anyone walks around outside during the day because it gets ridiculously hot.

People are complaining that the game feels empty now (something I totally disagree with). Can you imagine all the complaints if it was set in Dubai?

Not hit or miss, all miss. The city isn't densely packed enough for a open world game IMO. I think it would be very boring unless some artificial stuff was put in.

breakfuss

Gahhhh. I'm sorry if this was settled since I last posted about it, but I was just tailed. The game notified only me after I tried to start a story mission. So, no, as far as I can tell there is no way of knowing if you're being tailed unless a) the invader gives themselves away or b) you're locked out of missions. I was able to capture the last 30 seconds of it. Will upload shortly.

While I'm on the subject, is the "last 15 minutes" thing on PS4 still not working properly? Would make life a lot easier.

Top Bottom