• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

dex3108

By the way, my final appreciation doesn't take into account the multiplayer part but that's because I haven't been able to start more than a couple multiplayer games, despite my multiple attempts. Not my problem, though. Ubisoft should have made sure that feature worked from the start.

Did you try to disable all network adapters except Ethernet adapter? That was my problem, after i did that and forwarding ports MP is working without issue.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ok, apparently the costume/mission packs (not talking about t-bone) come down the line if you purchased the season pass. That's a real shame because I wanted to play and beat the game while wearing this

Watch_Dogs_Chicago_South_Club_Outfit.jpg

The emblem on the back looks fantastic. Unless somebody knows where I can find the mission/costume dlc packs? I can only see the untouchables packs.

dex3108

I can't, I'm connected through Wi-fi.

I've found a list of ports to forward on the Ubisoft forums but it didn't change anything. It still says I need to check my NAT.

On my router i had to add UPnP ports in Windows to change NAT status. Network/Router Name - right click/properties/settings/add ports. Also i made my main IP address static.

pahamrick

I'm sure there's some rhyme and reason to it but I can't tell what that is at this point.

I started a second game just to do story missions over again, and the only difference I've seen is that the more red your bar is the more likely civilians are to call the cops on you for the smallest thing. The more blue, the least likely they are to call the cops.

On my first game I've got got mostly blue and usually only 1 person calls the cops when I end up getting into a firefight in public, whereas in the second game where I'm mostly red just having a gun drawn has caused multiple witnesses to start dialing.

kazebyaka

Banned
Why is no one talking about how good the soundtrack of this game is? I'm not talking about radio, but the stuff you hear when you do story missions. I liked it a lot.

Nessus

Really not enjoying the chase portion of the Breakable Things mission. I've tried it like 20 times in a row and even when I manage to take out the target's car when I'm chasing him the fixers (all 6 carfulls of them) kill me.

Half the time I end up getting stuck on part of the scenery and that screws me over.

Wondered if there was a trick to it, watched a YouTube walkthrough and the player just got lucky and the very first street light took out the target.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I was freaking out for a while, thinking I'd encountered a bug. See, I got the Dedsec edition on PS4 which came with a heap of DLC (which is already on the disc, by the way - let's not let Ubisoft off for this since we give Capcom so much shit over it), so I did a heap of the sidequests before even starting the main storyline.

It turns out, you cannot complete all the side missions straight away. In fact, you have to get past Act 3 Mission 2 to even unlock the collectables up in Pawnee. So to those people who were frantically trying to complete side missions early, this info is for you.

Oh well, Ubi still does not let me connect to online sessions while using PPPOE to get NAT type 1. Problem is, as long as I connect the PS4 normally, I have NAT type 3 and that is probably the reason I wasn't even tailed or hacked once so far.
WHY?

The silenced pistol is so overpowered. It really shouldn't have been the first gun.

Yeah it feels like the case of MGS3/4 where the silenced tranquiliser gun was the first thing they gave to you and it was OP as hell. It's nice to have options but if you don't mind killing security contractors who are just doing their jobs it's always the best stealth option... until you get the silenced SMG, which is even crazier.

So the two hardest trophies are the drinking games and the Traced trophy I take it? Everything else looks pretty straightforward collectathon. Really loving this game and am happy to put in the hours for the plat.

Denton

Grenade launcher should solve the problem.

I do not kill innocent people. Grenade launcher goes against that :(

Ok, apparently the costume/mission packs (not talking about t-bone) come down the line if you purchased the season pass. That's a real shame because I wanted to play and beat the game while wearing this

The emblem on the back looks fantastic. Unless somebody knows where I can find the mission/costume dlc packs? I can only see the untouchables packs.

I have this costume in game, I got the deluxe edition on Origin when it was 28 dollars. The coat is by far the best, most bad ass in the game.

In 20+ hours of gameplay I have not had a single crash, bug or glitch.

Same here ! Amazingly polished game. Even MP works perfectly for me, on PC.

Skyzard

Banned
ikmp0DWeAmouA.png

ilomr4phqczTh.png

Loving the world and game.

It would be nice to be able to sit down at benches though. Also motorbike riders, that's a must.

Skyzard

Banned
Do the DMZ thing at the bottom instead if you're still struggling.

Use the IP of your PC/PS4 or what it is you're playing on.

KxoZz

I decided to shoot a random woman in the head with a shotgun today. To my utter amazement she turned out to be another player tailing me. I couldn't belive it

I very much enjoy the gunplay in this game. Feels violent and frightening.

I don't know, I shot a fleeing takedown target in the leg hoping it would slow/disable them, but he just kept on running. Slightly disappointed.

I decided to shoot a random woman in the head with a shotgun today. To my utter amazement she turned out to be another player tailing me. I couldn't belive it

hahaha imagine being that person who got shot.

"OMG HAX!"

Do the DMZ thing at the bottom instead if you're still struggling.

Use the IP of your PC/PS4 or what it is you're playing on.

I've heard it was a security risk, though... I shouldn't have to put my computer at risk just to play Ubisoft's games.

Edit: Just found this on Reddit:

n6uZpsh.png

I actually had a VirtualBox connection in my Network center. I'm gonna disable it and see if it works.

Edit: It works! I wish Ubisoft was more competent helping users solve this problem.

bryanee

I got that costume from the season pass earlier this week. I'm wearing it right now, I haven't been able to dl the untouchables pack though.

Yeah, same, I'm pleasantly surprised by how it doesn't seem especially buggy. Given all the development difficulties and what not, I was expecting far more of a mess.

You've been lucky. This game is not bug-free and there are some mission/game breaking glitches too including objectives not registering, enemies popping in and out, framerate drops, PS4 freezing etc.

Its still a fun game though! Every open world game is bound to have some bugs.

Skyzard

Banned
I've heard it was a security risk, though... I shouldn't have to put my computer at risk just to play Ubisoft's games.

I see, I can't comment on that with much knowledge I'm afraid but I have heard that too - sorry, ought to have mentioned it.

From the profile - ScanPortStart="9000" ScanPortRange="1000" ScanFreePorts="1" LanClientBroadcastPort="9005" LanHostBroadcastPort="9004" OnlineServicePort="9001" OnlineEnginePort="9000" EnableNatTraversal="1"/>

If you can set a range of ports, which it seems like you can, perhaps open 9000-10000?

Edit: Just found this on Reddit:

I actually had a VirtualBox connection in my Network center. I'm gonna disable it and see if it works.

Okay, good luck

I love online tailing! It allows you to win stuff without risking getting killed. That's perfect for non-competitive gamers.

Edit: Oh, actually you can get killed

breakfuss

As far as I'm concerned this is the theme song of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuFiFBgPik8. It's pretty much the only thing I listened to on the radio.

Well I'm partial to rap so unsurprisingly it's 'Feds Watchin' by 2 Chainz for me, lol. I feel like a badass when that comes on and it fits the theme perfectly. Oh, and I loved when CREAM by Wu Tang dropped during a specific story mission (don't want a spoil it). That combined with the crazy shootout that ensues immediately afterward is one my favorite moments from the game.

Flayer

Really enjoying Watch Dogs so far and I was prepared to hate it after all the negative stuff floating about before release. I'm finding myself even enjoying the story. The details of the plot are pretty stupid/nonsensical at times but the overall theme and story is pretty good. I do wish Aiden was a touch more likeable though.

Lima

So ending spoilers.

did you walk or shoot Maurice? I walked because I collected all the audio logs he left over the city and he was just as much a victim in this as I was. His family has been killed, guy deserved a second chance.

Just tried a few games as the ctOS puppet master on the mobile app. It's a fun diversion but the lack of graphics takes away the reward.

It would work really well for couch multiplayer, since you'd be able to see your work in the game world instead of a bunch of blips and icons.

Carbonox

Online Hacking is fucking HILARIOUS.

I started playing it for the first time yesterday and ended up getting the 10 Hacks Trophy within a couple of hours as it took me a while to get how to play this mode.

My number one favourite thing that worked well for me was hiding in bushes where they're designed so that you can go in to them and they cover you completely when you 'cover' on the wall. Sometimes in clear spots yet no one can find you most of the time unless they're just happening to glance in your specific spot. Worked all but once for me.

Picking spots to hide at the very edge of the radar also worked well for me as not many people think to look there if the particular spot you're covering in is 2cm away from no man's land.

So many ways to hide and it's fun watching the others run around like headless chickens.

I reset my Notoriety though to see if that works with getting me more tails though. Just how on Earth are you supposed to get that Traced trophy?

Top Bottom