• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

RoKKeR

Welp, just finished the story. Big eye-roll ending and overall extremely forgettable. The saving grace was the supporting characters and the underground segments that exposed the shadier side of Chicago. If they would have ditched the family story line and focused more on the stories of Lucky Quinn and things like that, could have been a hell of a lot more interesting.

Glad to have the story out of the way... the gameplay and presentation was really great all throughout, can't wait to keep moving on with the side quests and what not. Still think there's a lot of stuff to do.

Overall I've really enjoyed romping through the missions and gameplay that went along with it. Story was forgettable but it was very enjoyable.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In 20+ hours of gameplay I have not had a single crash, bug or glitch.
nor I. while bugs are inevitable in any game of this scope I have actually been impressed with its stability so far, personally. I think presenting the concept that this is a very buggy or broken game in moment-to-moment gameplay is pretty misleading.
Ubisoft needs to stop with vehicle stealth sections. The car stealth is almost as bad as AC 4's boat stealth.
I don't know anything about AC4 really, but you've described an aspect of gameplay I really enjoy in this one, so I don't agree about the need to stop :p

LMFAO. I wondered if some people were doing that, actually. Like why the hell would you be in the middle of the isolated woods, standing around. Hmmm. I don't want to believe people are that cheap.
Nope its true. I got Facebook video coming in a few minutes.

Edit: how do you get your share videos to share without having to go through FB?

Vodh

I really hope they'll fix the 'last 15 minutes of gameplay' video bug, this game would be a freaking gold mine!

Here's my first ShareFactory vid, just a general mix of hacking, crime fighting and 'walking around simulator':

http://youtu.be/QbIH97k_SVQ

breakfuss

They could have made the game all about Act II and I would have been completely satisfied. My favorite locale and characters. Plot goes off the rails afterward.

And I haven't seen Aisha Tyler. Guess she's in a side mission.

RoKKeR

So ending spoilers.

did you walk or shoot Maurice? I walked because I collected all the audio logs he left over the city and he was just as much a victim in this as I was. His family has been killed, guy deserved a second chance.

I capped him after a little thought. He was a loose end, the last one. And the instant cut to black was pretty bad ass.

Were there collectibles in that room I missed? Can you replay missions?

SJRB

Gold Member
They could have made the game all about Act II and I would have been completely satisfied. My favorite locale and characters. Plot goes off the rails afterward.

And I haven't seen Aisha Tyler. Guess she's in a side mission.

Random Wu Tang was awesome.

Aisha is in Act I as a random npc bystander. She's in the mission
where you look for the niece. Inside the glass building Aisha Tyler is one of the npcs, randomly talking to someone

arhra

Random Wu Tang was awesome.

Aisha is in Act I as a random npc bystander. She's in the mission
where you look for the niece. Inside the glass building Aisha Tyler is one of the npcs, randomly talking to someone

You can also see her in one of the privacy invasions. Forget where, though.

Sothpaw

If you are tired of being invaded when you are trying to do something, you have to make sure invasions are turned off each time you start the game. I was just invaded whine doing a ctos tower and I had turned invasions off the previous game session.

I just want to know how you've gotten the clip feature to work.

When I turn on recording and have the setting to 15 minutes, if I go over 15 minutes of recording, then want to save the last 15 minutes, it's all gone.

Hmmm - well, all I know is that I clicked the share button and on the left window and selected save clip. I don't know what my settings are at as far as clip length though. The video that I had saved was around 9 minutes though...

Blizzje

According to this article the R7 265 (comparable to the PS4 GPU) can run 1920 x 1080 in high settings with an average of 44 fps.

Yes, I know this only leads to speculation, but: what could have happened with the port? Is this really the result of last-gen/current-gen multi-porting?

Zeliard

If you are tired of being invaded when you are trying to do something, you have to make sure invasions are turned off each time you start the game. I was just invaded whine doing a ctos tower and I had turned invasions off the previous game session.

Warning, though: if you care at all about those notoriety points you get through online play, they are reset every time you turn off invasions.

jadedm17

GTA V was one of the most boring open worlds I ever played in.

Agree. GTAV is emblamatic of the problems I typically have with open world game design. A lot of things to do, none of which are actually fun.

This is one of those "To each their own" situations because I found everything from the graphics, locations, characters, and cars down to the options and random NPC interactions to be very well done, a huge step up from how boring GTA IV was. I only played half the story, most of my time was spent putting offroad tires on sports cars and initiating huge chases into the mountains.

I understand differences of opinion but to say it was boring is something I don't understand.

Vaga

I came to the point where nobody is invading me anymore, maybe a hack attempt once every 3-4 hours, most likely related to the ''you're in the top 1%''. Can't get the tailed trophy. I really feel the urge to punch the idiot devs that come up with these stupid ideas.
Wonder if resetting my notoriety would make any difference.

LE: just checked, now it says top 0%, whatever the hell that means

I have locked the media player so the only track that plays when i am driving is Champion Tech - Raydar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83oH2TP_Aiw

The drumming part's are great on my surround system as it pulses through the rear speakers, badass tune :D
That's a shame because Echodroides - Satellite and Gemini Club - Sparklers are both pretty good from the Electronic playlist. Also I liked some of the jazz and downtempo stuff (like Julia Klee - Talk), finally Elmore James and His Broomdusters - Blues Before Sunrise is fantastic to drive around to in Pawnee. Most of the soundtrack is a miss however, and there simply isn't enough. Still hoping for a patch to import our own songs in to the media player.

Carbonox

Act 2 spoilers regarding a certain place:

I was all giddy when you finally get a real batcave. Now we're going legit Person of Interest.

I'll say it again for good measure.

"Traced" is a prime example of what type of trophies companies should actively avoid implementing. Tried the reset thing for a couple hours last night, maybe(?) one tail. Tried the cat and mouse approach this morning (Do one tail, wait for a tail/hack, repeat) and I only think I got one tail.

Just a messy, broken idea.

game is real fun trying to take out enemies without pulling your gun.

hate aiden's voice and am so over gratuitous swearing in videogames. the writing in the majority of games is so sophomoric.

Zeliard

You most likely can't invade friends because it would be trivial to boost each other's Notoriety scores.

'Course the leaderboards are totally busted in the PC version anyway.

Carbonox

"Traced" is a prime example of what type of trophies companies should actively avoid implementing. Tried the reset thing for a couple hours last night, maybe(?) one tail. Tried the cat and mouse approach this morning (Do one tail, wait for a tail/hack, repeat) and I only think I got one tail.

The only instance I knew I got a tail was when I got an alert saying someone successfully tailed me. Other than that, I have no idea. The trophy still hasn't popped so I guess I'll just have to wait even longer. I reset my notoriety and I have no idea if it made a difference. Might try tailing again to see if that instigates anything.

Either way it's a fucking atrocious trophy. Hopefully with everyone complaining about it they might fix it in some way.

Hoodbury

Hacked into someone's world, started the backdoor, hid, saw them drive to the circle and parked their car in the middle of the road and get out to search for me on foot, they go around a corner and I hop out of my hiding spot and into their car. They didn't think twice about looking into the car they drove into. haha.

Also had one where I was hiding in a dumpster, eventually they look in it and jump in it even. Thinking they found me I jump out of it at the same time they do, but I went right and they went left. Apparently they never saw me even though they jumped on my head when they jumped in the dumpster. haha.

I don't get how the noterioty points are decided. Many times I caught someone trailing me and killed them and I get like 6 points and they still get 178 or something like that. I get the success but only get 6 points and they still get positive points?

Kelsey

Banned
Sony needs to start fixing their bloody console soon. I can't reliably capture any footage other than a screenshot, and now for whatever reason the system doesn't seem to want to upload saves to the cloud. It's been 4 days of playing that cloud saves haven't been uploaded despite my console always being in standby. The save thing is less bothersome because I can manually do it, but I'm sick to death of using the share button commands to capture the last few minutes of gameplay only to get something not remotely close to resembling what it should have been.

kanuuna

So is a known issue that the framerate on PS4 in the Capture and Hold multiplayer mode is abysmal or is it just me?
I've been playing a bit MP now and I actually found the Capture and Hold along with the Racing multiplayer modes to be a lot of fun. I really like how vast the play areas in the former are, as well as the day/night cycle and weather effects.

While the framerate for the couple rounds I played was terrible and there was some major rubberbanding going on the last one, the the action looked absolutely terrific and shooting felt really good and accurate. I wonder if this is what The Division will be like.
Also, it's a shame that SHARE is really bugging out for the moment, because I had some really cool shit happen in those games.

sjay1994

Well.

I've hit a gamebreaking bug.

In Act 3 in the mission On the Portfolio.

T-Bone keeps glitching out everytime I am supposed to regroup. It fixes the first few times when I reload autosave, but in what I assume is the final strech, he just doesn't move at all.

pelican

Sony needs to start fixing their bloody console soon. I can't reliably capture any footage other than a screenshot, and now for whatever reason the system doesn't seem to want to upload saves to the cloud. It's been 4 days of playing that cloud saves haven't been uploaded despite my console always being in standby. The save thing is less bothersome because I can manually do it, but I'm sick to death of using the share button commands to capture the last few minutes of gameplay only to get something not remotely close to resembling what it should have been.

Agreed.

The 15 minutes of video is so unreliable, and don't get me started on the inability to acknowledge let alone resolve the 1.70fw issues.

Well.

I've hit a gamebreaking bug.

In Act 3 in the mission On the Portfolio.

T-Bone keeps glitching out everytime I am supposed to regroup. It fixes the first few times when I reload autosave, but in what I assume is the final strech, he just doesn't move at all.

I had this too. Exit the game completely, power cycle your console. It should work the next time you try it (it did for me)

breakfuss

Yeah, tailing is a bit of a mixed bag. It happens so infrequently and without warning that I really don't understand the purpose. On the other hand tailing someone is laughably easy. Maybe the traced trophy is meant to encourage/reward playing online for a bit of time, seeing as you have no control over it? Idk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUFOF5hNIHY

^ I made a :30 clip of being tailed, btw. Just as I'm about to start up a mission I'm locked out and notified of an intrusion. So I hit record. Seconds later I've been "successfully tailed", lolol. It's really weird.

Vaga

Ok, something weird happened. I...I just got the traced trophy. I didn't get the invasion notice nor the end results of the tailing round. I was just cruising around in the port on a bike and I notice another guy following me on a bike (lol). I kept walking around in circles to let him know he is safe to finish the damn tail but I never got the results...just the fuckin trophy. So yeah, glad it's out of the way.

And btw this was the first tail that I lost, for the other tailing instances I always killed them before they reached 100%.

KxoZz

I wish there was more to do in online free roam. a friend helped eachother a bit with trophies but after that it got boring quite fast... there should at least be some coop missions like the offline criminal convoys or something.. pointless how it is now

Chamber

love on your sleeve
When motorcycle stunts go wrong. I think poor Aiden phased out of existence for a little bit.

ijIsLhMjFlEsd.jpg

I had this too. Exit the game completely, power cycle your console. It should work the next time you try it (it did for me)

A friend of mine has been stuck on the same glitch. I'll let him know about this solution.

Top Bottom