• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Lucent

Ok, something weird happened. I...I just got the traced trophy. I didn't get the invasion notice nor the end results of the tailing round. I was just cruising around in the port on a bike and I notice another guy following me on a bike (lol). I kept walking around in circles to let him know he is safe to finish the damn tail but I never got the results...just the fuckin trophy. So yeah, glad it's out of the way.

And btw this was the first tail that I lost, for the other tailing instances I always killed them before they reached 100%.

I somehow got the geolocated trophy and I know I didn't do what I was supposed to do to get it...I didn't notice it until I got the corrupted save and had to start over.

The game is definitely not without its fair share of bugs and problems. I love the game but it's not as polished as it could be. They need to fix this stuff soon. If my save corrupts a second time I'm not starting again until they've patched it.

bryt

Ugh, the Traced trophy is the worst. Anyone know if being AFK makes it so you can't be invaded? I left my game on all night and did not get a single invasion, but when I got back to the game this morning I got invaded as soon as I touched the controller. I ended up getting invaded twice in a 10 minute span. Too bad it was online hackings and not a tailing :(

I had it almost from the very beginning. Not sure how I got it. Probably took it off a dead guy or bought it from the store. Had it long before finishing act 1.

Same. I have so many guns now, lol. I wish they'd let you get rid of the other pistols at the very least. I only use the silenced pistol, really...

The soundtrack has been redeemed in spots but
The Wu Tang moment in ACT II almost redeems it the most and just makes me it more of a missed oppurtunity that the licensed songs were largely such an after thought to the feel of watch dogs

I love the ctOS mobile app! I've played about 7 games in the last half hour or so on my iPad. I'm level 15. It's lots of fun knowing that there's another player in the game driving around having to deal with everything I'm throwing at them. It also worked great on my Samsung galaxy s2. Really enjoy this app!

I love the ctOS mobile app! I've played about 7 games in the last half hour or so on my iPad. I'm level 15. It's lots of fun knowing that there's another player in the game driving around having to deal with everything I'm throwing at them. It also worked great on my Samsung galaxy s2. Really enjoy this app!

Nice try, Ubi marketing guy. Did you make sure to rate it 5 stars, too?!

;] lol it just came off like blatant advertising.

I came to the point where nobody is invading me anymore, maybe a hack attempt once every 3-4 hours, most likely related to the ''you're in the top 1%''. Can't get the tailed trophy. I really feel the urge to punch the idiot devs that come up with these stupid ideas.
Wonder if resetting my notoriety would make any difference.

LE: just checked, now it says top 0%, whatever the hell that means

Personally I don't hack people with "very high" hacking defense because I found that almost every single one disconnects when you're about to win. So I only hack "high" or less.

Nice try, Ubi marketing guy. Did you make sure to rate it 5 stars, too?!

;] lol it just came off like blatant advertising.

Heh, I know it did. :) really though, I haven't seen anyone really talking about it here, and I wanted to share my enjoyment of it. When I can't play on the console, I'm playing this app. :)

I can have times where I wait 5 minutes and don't get a match up, but it works great when I do.

It's weird how much the game has influences from other Ubi IPs. One of the things I noticed (although this might be a coincidence) is how the game has "that mission" with a cool song and an objective to wreck some shit. Far Cry 3 did it with that weed farm mission and Skrillex, and this game has that one mission with blowing up Viceroys to the tune of Wu-Tang.

Also, I can't play this game anymore because every time I try, the game locks up at 90% load. Tried redownloading cloud saves, repairing game install, etc. Nothing's working.

Zeliard

Ugh, the Traced trophy is the worst. Anyone know if being AFK makes it so you can't be invaded? I left my game on all night and did not get a single invasion, but when I got back to the game this morning I got invaded as soon as I touched the controller. I ended up getting invaded twice in a 10 minute span. Too bad it was online hackings and not a tailing :(

In my experience invasions are considerably more common if you are actively invading others yourself. It's actually rare that I can invade people more than 2-3 times in a row without getting invaded myself. Many times I'll be invaded right after I finish invading someone.

If I'm not invading others and just playing single-player missions instead, they tend to be relatively rare.

breakfuss

YES! I'm glad I'm not the only one giddy over that Wu Tang part. :)

Also, I can't play this game anymore because every time I try, the game locks up at 90% load. Tried redownloading cloud saves, repairing game install, etc. Nothing's working.

Did you redeem any Uplay rewards? I read that could be a cause.

im so pissed! I thought that the ps4 continuously records game footage but i guess not. You have to press down on the share button twice to start recording.

I was being chased by the cops and i flew off my motorcycle and i took down a cop car at the same time. So i was just flying in the air in slow motion and it was fucking hilarious but i dont have a clip of it :(

owlbeak

So...hacked bank accounts. I haven't paid enough attention to figure this out yet, so figured I'd ask; when you hack a bank account, can you only have one person's account hacked at a time or does every account you hack accumulate until you go to an ATM?

For example, say I hack a guy's bank account for $500, and then I hack another guy's bank account for $400. When I go to the ATM will I get $900 or $400?

So...hacked bank accounts. I haven't paid enough attention to figure this out yet, so figured I'd ask; when you hack a bank account, can you only have one person's account hacked at a time or does every account you hack accumulate until you go to an ATM?

For example, say I hack a guy's bank account for $500, and then I hack another guy's bank account for $400. When I go to the ATM will I get $900 or $400?
$900

kriskrosbbk

Of course $900.

owlbeak

Ok, thanks. I wasn't hacking a lot of bank accounts because I was assuming I could only have one "active" at a time. Time to go get rich. :)

Shit, I did. That stealth car was too tempting. Damn it.

I also downloaded those rewards, but I've been safe.

This was 20 hours of gameplay back, so hopefully it still doesn't get me. I've been making regular back ups just in case.

If you start a new game, definitely do the same. Since you already redeemed the awards I don't think there's any going back, they'll automatically unlock.

im so pissed! I thought that the ps4 continuously records game footage but i guess not. You have to press down on the share button twice to start recording.

I was being chased by the cops and i flew off my motorcycle and i took down a cop car at the same time. So i was just flying in the air in slow motion and it was fucking hilarious but i dont have a clip of it :(
Guys, a way to get around the ps4 recording bug is to always stream to Twitch when you're playing. Your entire game session will be archived and you can go there and highlight clips. Then you can upload them to YouTube, or get direct links to the highlight on Twitch.

My apologies if this has already been asked, but is there a way to purchase the system keys needed to craft the blackout, etc.?

It's just really annoying running around hacking NPCS to get more.

My apologies if this has already been asked, but is there a way to purchase the system keys needed to craft the blackout, etc.?

It's just really annoying running around hacking NPCS to get more.

Yeah there is, look for the little icon on the map similar shape to the stores, but with a little picture of an explosion in it, looks more like a wing than an explosion to me though, lol.

There's one on the top left part of the map.

But you have to advance enough in the story to unlock it I think, so if it's not there yet, it will be.

Skyzard

Banned
Wait is that the PS4 version or PC version with a DS4 connected? Because I'm noticing very little pop-in and it looks much cleaner than 900p. Maybe it's just I'm too used to the 720p screens/videos from the share button...

PC version with a controller (still x360).

Specs - 4770K@ 4.4GHz, 780ti SC, SSD

I cap it to 30fps though, but no stuttering thankfully.

Dennis

Banned
watch_dogs2014-05-312d2sj5.jpg

watch_dogs2014-06-012x4s43.jpg

Beaulieu

Ok, something weird happened. I...I just got the traced trophy. I didn't get the invasion notice nor the end results of the tailing round. I was just cruising around in the port on a bike and I notice another guy following me on a bike (lol). I kept walking around in circles to let him know he is safe to finish the damn tail but I never got the results...just the fuckin trophy. So yeah, glad it's out of the way.

And btw this was the first tail that I lost, for the other tailing instances I always killed them before they reached 100%.

You do realize that you are not supposed to know when someone trails you right ? This is the trailing, not the hacking.

You've been trailed successfully 4 times before that one time, you just don't know about it, that is how the game works....

Afrodium

Banned
I like Aiden. He feels like a human being, very similar to Assassin's Creed's characters. He's more of a grey character who's neither good or bad. He just a guy who wants to get his revenge with any means necessary.

I guess my problem is that I can tell that I'm supposed to interpret him this way, but I just can't feel that any of what he's doing is justified. His "whatever it takes" approach means that he just gives himself a blank check to harm or blackmail anyone as a means of getting his revenge. It doesn't matter to him if the person he's manipulating or killing wronged him in any way or even had anything to do with his niece's death. If killing someone, anyone, will get him closer to finding her killer, he'll do it. And that's where Aiden loses me. If he were only harming those who actually wronged him then I'd be fine with it, but he doesn't and the writers seem to have though that if they just made Aiden say "I'll do whatever it takes" enough times then audiences wouldn't notice that he's kind of being a selfish asshole in his pursuit of revenge.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I guess my problem is that I can tell that I'm supposed to interpret him this way, but I just can't feel that any of what he's doing is justified. His "whatever it takes" approach means that he just gives himself a blank check to harm or blackmail anyone as a means of getting his revenge. It doesn't matter to him if the person he's manipulating or killing wronged him in any way or even had anything to do with his niece's death. If killing someone, anyone, will get him closer to finding her killer, he'll do it. And that's where Aiden loses me. If he were only harming those who actually wronged him then I'd be fine with it, but he doesn't and the writers seem to have though that if they just made Aiden say "I'll do whatever it takes" enough times then audiences wouldn't notice that he's kind of being a selfish asshole in his pursuit of revenge.
That's literally the point of the character, it's his character flaw. It's very intentional. I'm curious about the character growth.

kazebyaka

Banned

Maybe he is a selfish asshole. I guess that's fine with me, I like unconventional characters in games, we need more like that.

owlbeak

I LOVE doing gang hideouts. I wish they'd pull a FC3 and make it so you can go back and do them again, they are a blast.

Game really did surprise me by being as fun as it is. I'm loving it. I started playing around 1pm yesterday and next thing I knew, it was 8pm and I was late to hang out with friends.

Top Bottom