• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

nOoblet16

About the ending
What was even the point of Jordi turning on you? There's no buildup, it serves no purpose and he's in the scene for less than a minute only to die and give the Aiden a chance to shoot Damien, which he would've done anyway.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also, I can't seem to complete any Criminal Convoys playing on Realistic. Maybe I just don't have enough abilities unlocked yet, I should probably do more in campaign first, right?
They're not easy, especially if you're trying to kill as little as possible! I recommend scouting out the location you want to use to bust the convoy ahead of time- grenades, focus, and lots of cover helped me out... took a bunch of tries, but I even managed to wound a majority of the goons rather than killing them them all.

I wound up relied on the focus boost craftable, shotgun, and silenced 1911 pistol though, so if you don't even have any of those yet it could be tricky. Used a location with a steam pipe to burst (again, if you don't even have that...) as an opening move, then immediately ducked behind cover, focused, and shot some wheels out. then it was picking them off one by one- prioritize any one that tries to make a call for reinforcements.

Feels pretty awesome when you do pull it off, I must say. Very much like a realistic near-future superhero, which I gather is what they were going for ;)

Apparently, the grenade launcher trivializes convoys. I don't have it yet, but I like the challenge anyway.

Skyzard

Banned
Things that need adding:

* npc bike riders, tyre splashes in the rain
* ability to sit down at benches and in trains
* different clothing styles
* camera with lenses and filters would be nice
* jetpack, shoes with wheels in them

I guess my problem is that I can tell that I'm supposed to interpret him this way, but I just can't feel that any of what he's doing is justified. His "whatever it takes" approach means that he just gives himself a blank check to harm or blackmail anyone as a means of getting his revenge. It doesn't matter to him if the person he's manipulating or killing wronged him in any way or even had anything to do with his niece's death. If killing someone, anyone, will get him closer to finding her killer, he'll do it. And that's where Aiden loses me. If he were only harming those who actually wronged him then I'd be fine with it, but he doesn't and the writers seem to have though that if they just made Aiden say "I'll do whatever it takes" enough times then audiences wouldn't notice that he's kind of being a selfish asshole in his pursuit of revenge.
I kinda like it, reminds me a looooooooooot of Walter White. spoilers for up to Act 2, Mission 1 and general spoilers for BB:
the fact that Nicole begged him to stop chasing Lena's killers and he said he had to for the good of the family and all that, even though he ended up indirectly getting Nicole kidnapped... Just reminded me a lot of Walt's delusional thinking in the first 3 seasons, that all of what he was doing was to improve his family's lifestyle. I dunno.

Andrew.

Banned
It's just a trophy dudes

And a bronze one. It isnt worth it. Just enjoy the game for what it is before you have a chance to fucking hate it by playing some literally pointless minigame.

owlbeak

Also, I can't seem to complete any Criminal Convoys playing on Realistic. Maybe I just don't have enough abilities unlocked yet, I should probably do more in campaign first, right?
I'm playing on realistic, haven't had too many problems. I like to grab big trucks and cause traffic jams at an intersection they'll be passing through. If you can get them stopped, it becomes much easier. Try shooting out the tire on the target's vehicle. It will force them out of the car and you can start moving from cover to cover taking out the body guards and flank the target to incapacitate him.

IEDs help a lot, too. :) Just make sure you don't kill the target.

It's just a trophy dudes

And a fuckin bronze one. It isnt worth it. Just enjoy the game for what it is before you have a chance to fucking hate it by playing some literally pointless minigame.

No, it's not pointless. I will not be able to sleep at night unless I get it. I live a pathetic life, don't judge me ;)

Seriously though, it's fun. I enjoy a challenge.

Andrew.

Banned
No, it's not pointless. I will not be able to sleep at night unless I get it. I live a pathetic life, don't judge me ;)

Seriously though, it's fun. I enjoy a challenge.

Not judging. I just don't want to see people on here saying the game sucked major ass because they couldn't beat a pointless minigame for a worthless bronze troph.

bryt

In my experience invasions are considerably more common if you are actively invading others yourself. It's actually rare that I can invade people more than 2-3 times in a row without getting invaded myself. Many times I'll be invaded right after I finish invading someone.

If I'm not invading others and just playing single-player missions instead, they tend to be relatively rare.

Thanks! I just got the Traced trophy by taking your advice. I invaded and usually right after I finish invading someone invaded me.

Did you have uplay cloud saving enabled or disabled when the bug happened ?
I also redeemed the car, I have cloud disabled everywhere for all eternity, so I am wondering if it will happen to me too.

I love how Dennis just keeps posting his amazing downsampled ultra screenshots, not giving a shit.

I have cloud saving enabled.

eshwaaz

There's only like two or three takedown animations anyway. Focus plus headshot is endlessly satisfying.

That's one of the small things that actually really bothers me. For the amount of takedowns the average player will do throughout the course of the game, just having a couple variations is pretty sad. It should be satisfying, but becomes repetitive and predictable almost immediately.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm playing on realistic, haven't had too many problems. I like to grab big trucks and cause traffic jams at an intersection they'll be passing through. If you can get them stopped, it becomes much easier. Try shooting out the tire on the target's vehicle. It will force them out of the car and you can start moving from cover to cover taking out the body guards and flank the target to incapacitate him.

IEDs help a lot, too. :) Just make sure you don't kill the target.
Taking out one vehicle, like I did with a steam pipe, seems to get them all to stop. IEDs should be fun though, I don't have them unlocked yet.
Tip: randomly go into focus to see if you're getting tailed. If it's not slow, someone's got to go!
You can just pause rather than use your focus.

Dead

well not really...yet
Things that need adding:

Also put the Spider-Tank in the game itself

Andrew.

Banned
I'm surprised no one has commented yet on the app for the gold and pulse elite headsets. The sound is phenomenal.

Watch_Dogs, Last of Us and Second Son are the only games I know that have something like this released.

Denton

Kuldar

Hey guys, new thing, post your completion percentage. How far are you?
Not that far in the game.

BpE1E-oIYAArKUT.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So you aren't notified when your being tailed? Just when you're hacked?
It's more complex than this, but we don't know the full scope of how.

Just consider it good practice to assume it is always possible someone around you is a player :p

Things that need adding:

Also please add some buses.. what the hell are the people waiting for at these stops?

This game is starting to grow on me, especially since trying to see how much of any given mission I can do without leaving my vehicle ;p

The soundtrack has maybe three songs I can listen to, tops, and the handling of the cars makes driving them in chases and escapes a complete chore.

BUT... the motorcyles are awesome, and the enemy AI during firefights can lead to some really tense ad-hoc battles that go back and forth with who has the initiative. They use cover, they flank, and they communicate all the right stuff. On foot that is - just about everything involving vehicle combat is horrible on every level.

There are moments of genius in this, but they're still fleeting. I think my favorite overall element of the game - besides the motorcycle free roam heaven - is the amount of distance required by the player to the objective. Sometimes you might be able to do everything remotely, sometimes you have to get right in there, and most of the time its an interesting mix of remote and direct intrusions.

Dead

well not really...yet
Oh wow

2 npcs sitting down shooting up heroin. The first is HIV positive, he gives the needle to the guy next to him, he shoots up and his description is blood donor. What the fuck.

Top Bottom