• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

On the Australian store it says the game will be available on the 26th and then released in the 27th. So I'm guessing it's going to be available for download the day before release.

iMax

Oh god please no.

Pearce without the cap looks awfully like Desmond from the Asscreed series.

FEabL2T.png

Desmond's from Chicago, isn't he? Maybe they're bros.

Lrrr

Yeah, so ? This is an easter egg, just as I said.

Which doesn't change what I said. A "connection" doesn't need to be significant. Aiden doesn't need to be the descendant of an assassin or whatnot, but no matter how slight, there is a connection between the two games. That's all I'm saying.

woen

Which doesn't change what I said. A "connection" doesn't need to be significant. Aiden doesn't need to be the descendant of an assassin or whatnot, but no matter how slight, there is a connection between the two games. That's all I'm saying.

Did you read what the lead script writer of AC4 said ? "they are not literally connected"

An easter egg is not a connection. It's an easter egg. Far Cry 3 had multiple AC easter eggs, that doesn't mean the games are connected. AC2 had a MGS easter egg, that doesn't mean the games are connected. Same goes for the ctOS easter egg in AC. Same goes for the little AC games and other little easter eggs we already saw in WD screenshots.

Desmond's from Chicago, isn't he? Maybe they're bros.

Nope, he grew up in Dakota and lived in New York a little while.

UKGAF: If you haven't shopped at Tesco Online before you can get £5 off when you spend £30 on your first transaction. Use code TDX-HQ9T at checkout to get Doge for less $$ Will only work for first-time customers!!

kanuuna

Seems someone on /v/ got their hands on a 360 version, and is currently streaming the game. Doesn't look absolutely terrible for the hardware to be honest.

Special C

Is the MS store still selling with a $15 dollar credit for pre-order? I'm suprised that Amazon hasn't matched it, or maybe they don't match deals for single platforms.

ryan299

Is the MS store still selling with a $15 dollar credit for pre-order? I'm suprised that Amazon hasn't matched it, or maybe they don't match deals for single platforms.

They're still doing the deal. You have up to the 26th to get the credit. Wish they were throwing it some in game bonus also, but 15 dollar credit is great.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Do Game,Amazon, Shopto etc realise its a bank holiday Monday?

what is gaf policies about benchmarks of leaked pc games?

this weird ethical dilemma. I can prove i bought the damn game (well a nvidia code lol), but if I can play this during the memorial day weekend...

but i dont think i can even copy over my save from a bootleg to how uplay's weird save structure works.

god damn it.

there has never ever been a good reason to get the season pass of ubisoft games tbh. the story dlc has always been, what $10? If you really want the extra pointless goodies for the double the price, thats on you.

ascully

what is gaf policies about benchmarks of leaked pc games?

this weird ethical dilemma. I can prove i bought the damn game (well a nvidia code lol), but if I can play this during the memorial day weekend...

but i dont think i can even copy over my save from a bootleg to how uplay's weird save structure works.

god damn it.

I don't think you can play the PC version early, it unlocks on steam and Uplay on the 27th.

IMACOMPUTA

What an argument. As you want, you won't accept you're wrong on this, despite what says the scrip writer.
Nobody knows anything. It doesn't matter what the script writer says. You don't know for certain if he's being honest.
It's all still up in the air...

Messiek

It seems someone is preloading the game...
These pictures are on /r/ps4 and /r/watch_dogs from a guy named ControllerMartin.
Preload confirmed?!

What you guys think? #HOPE

Courtesy from reddit user runereader:
The list top to bottom, from this screenshot:
Watch_Dogs update (12 minutes remaining)
Watch_Dogs (39 hours remaining)
Watch_Dogs exclusive missions (34 seconds remaining)
Watch_Dogs Blume Weapon perk (awaiting installation)
Watch_Dogs Blume Agent Outfit (awaiting installation)

I can get a deal on this game, but I've been burnt out on it. Might be intrested if reviews are good. I only wish if there was any way to know if they have varied the gameplay enough to avoid ubisoft's standard open world design (basically a checklist, so gamey that immersion in the world is non-exisitent, bloated repetitive content). I guess I'll have to see, I wonder what people with leaked copies are saying about it.

Guri

Just searched and Watch_Dogs won't get a pre-load on Origin. Doesn't matter too much for me, but if some of you are expecting it, you should know.

Top Bottom