• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

kriskrosbbk

Another store update for UK is live,no sign of Watch_Dogs PS4 for pre-order.This is a joke really.I dont want to even start with the pre-load thing.

Another store update for UK is live,no sign of Watch_Dogs PS4 for pre-order.This is a joke really.I dont want to even start with the pre-load thing.

I'm in Australia and I thought we got the update at the same time as you guys? Watch_Dogs was added to our store tonight, not that I'm getting it from there with the outrageous price of $100 for the Classic Edition.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh god please no.

Pearce without the cap looks awfully like Desmond from the Asscreed series.

FEabL2T.png

Matush

kriskrosbbk

Yes you can. I've done it numerous times myself already.

Buddy ,I have bought Child of light from the US store and when trying to launch it under my UK account I get : "Cannot start the app.Only users who hold a license for this application can start it" .And no, its not working with the "Restore licenses option " .You tell me?

Hasney

Seriously, if you want digital games, you have to get a US account. All 3 console manufacturers prices are insane on their own stores, although you don't even have that workaround on Nintendo.

Buddy ,I have bought Child of light from the US store and when trying to launch it under my UK account I get : "Cannot start the app.Only users who hold a license for this application can start it" .And no, its not working with the "Restore licenses option " .You tell me?

Ubisoft double region-locking their shit? Wouldn't surprise me. 80% of my library is US digital (including Assasins Creed IV) so I may have to get Child of Light at some point to check this.

EDIT: You did click to make the US account primary on that console in settings, right?

Set your US account as the primary account.

kriskrosbbk

Seriously, if you want digital games, you have to get a US account. All 3 console manufacturers prices are insane on their own stores, although you don't even have that workaround on Nintendo.

Ubisoft double region-locking their shit? Wouldn't surprise me. 80% of my library is US digital (including Assasins Creed IV) so I may have to get Child of Light at some point to check this.

EDIT: You did click to make the US account primary on that console in settings, right?

No I did not. In that case what happens with my UK games?

Hasney

No I did not. In that case what happens with my UK games?

Nothing. You have to think of it as saying "For this profile, this console is the primary console" rather than making it the primary account for the console, if that makes sense. You can have as many profiles using that console as primary as you like, but an account can only have one primary console.

Flick that on and Child of Light should work on any profile on the system :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Dolan walks to Ubisoft building, comes back, everything was AC.

photo.jpg

ryuken-d

Nice OT Dawg! Looking forward to first impressions, the thirst for my first full game on PS4 is real.

when you say first full game on PS4...... do you mean open world.. no infamous was open world. Do you mean original IP... maybe. Me thinks KZ, Wolfenstien, Infamous, AC4, COD ghosts, BF4 etc etc etc would disagree with you. also looking forward to another great game on the PS4!!

OK Ok, so this is "your" first full game on PS4, man oh man. Luckily for you I've made a list :)

kriskrosbbk

Nothing. You have to think of it as saying "For this profile, this console is the primary console" rather than making it the primary account for the console, if that makes sense. You can have as many profiles using that console as primary as you like, but an account can only have one primary console.

Flick that on and Child of Light should work on any profile on the system :)

Thanks mate will give a shot then. I prefer to buy the Gold Edition of WD for $79,99 vs the Standart one for £59,99 lol

Joeki11a

Banned
I asked this and still no answer...

Is this a Linear fake open world game?

Or can I shoot random NPCs cause mayhem

get chased by cops, you know the reason

GTA billions or dollars?

MayMay

Banned
I asked this and still no answer...

Is this a Linear fake open world game?

Or can I shoot random NPCs cause mayhem

get chased by cops, you know the reason

GTA billions or dollars?

It's a real open world game. You can shoot civilians, get chased by cops etc.

Lrrr

...as much as I don't want it to happen, I'm pretty sure there's going to be something in Watch Doge that ties it to the Ass Creed universe.

You'll see some easter eggs, but there is no way they are connected.

Um...

In AC: Black Flag, the Blume Corporation (makers of CtOS) send an email to Abstergo advertising the security software. So there's already a connection between the two.

Anyone able to PM a link of a video (or stream) of someone playing the game on the PS4/Xbone/PC? I looked up most videos but I am hoping that there are more to keep my hype going.

Joeki11a

Banned
Yes, you can do that. Lots of videos out there showing this.

Cool, I have been on a media blackout on this game but feared it wasnt really open world, that all Aiden does is hack the city. Ubi hasnt market this game any other way to me.

Now I can see this being a success, GTA fans will buy this if you can play it like GTA.

Top Bottom