• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

failgubbe

I love that you can really see that it has been an firefight going on with all the debris and stuff burning all over the place, great details

i've done the online hacking a few times, and every time i enter another player's game, that player looks like they're standing still. it's just weird. i'm always on the move in this game. any chance they are just bots if they can't find a match?

Symax

i've done the online hacking a few times, and every time i enter another player's game, that player looks like they're standing still. it's just weird. i'm always on the move in this game. any chance they are just bots if they can't find a match?

Some crazy people are leaving the game running in order to get the "traced" achievement/trophy.

Some crazy people are leaving the game running in order to get the "traced" achievement/trophy.

I'm almost to that point. I'm not really a fan of the multiplayer in this, so once I get that one I can just disconnect and finish up single-player.

Just finished the 10 races trophy, and all it did was confirm that the car handling is absolute garbage for anything competitive. I was actually digging it in single-player, but in multiplayer -- my god. Lag + sloppy handling + night + rain was the worst combo as far as online races went.

sjay1994

Just finished the story....

Ugh.

I hope Jordi didn't die. I let him shoot Aiden a couple of times thinking there could have been another way.

I hope we have a new protag for watch dogs 2. I was completely indifferent to Aiden the entirety of the game.

Xyber

Are you sure? Today I got a messaging saying you have successfully been tailed.

Well I've never seen that message and I've only know about this whole invasion thing for 2 days. Seems weird that no one has ever managed to do it to me then. Think I've spotted two or something.

I also just hacked a dude. He was very close to a 5 story parking garage, easiest hack ever. It was night and I hid behind a pillar. He went through all the floors shooting at every car and then it was over.

Symax

I'm almost to that point. I'm not really a fan of the multiplayer in this, so once I get that one I can just disconnect and finish up single-player.

Reset your notoriety and wait in a gun store for invaders. Best way to do it.

Just finished the 10 races trophy, and all it did was confirm that the car handling is absolute garbage for anything competitive. I was actually digging it in single-player, but in multiplayer -- my god. Lag + sloppy handling + night + rain was the worst combo as far as online races went.

Yeah, the netcode is horrible and i hate the constant host migration. Definitely not an enjoyable "next gen experience" in that regard.

Been getting a ton of ctos mobile app quick matches today. Had gotten zero since launch, all of a sudden today I played 15....odd to say the least , but actually really fun

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Oh wait a second, you mean that I get a trophy for being watched?

Fuck, I've killed several people who tailed me. Hahaha, oh man, I feel silly now.

malfcn

Dude is ran over by a car three times and i am shooting him with a shotgun. He stands up and shots us pop pop and runs away.

Just need to win two games but it either lags out or the other team is invincible.

Seibmoz

Just got the Traced achievement, finally. Was hiding in my car while avoiding the local police when the achievement unlocked lol. Must have scared my tracker to have had that many cops on my tail :D

Randdalf

Just did the early mission where you have to assassinate that girl's uncle. I really enjoy missions like that because they're so freeform, my chosen approach was to use focus + sniper rifle to snipe him from the park, then speed away on my bike before they knew what happened. I felt like one of those assassins from Jason Bourne.

Trakan

Ugh.

I hope Jordi didn't die. I let him shoot Aiden a couple of times thinking there could have been another way.

I hope we have a new protag for watch dogs 2. I was completely indifferent to Aiden the entirety of the game.

He's pretty bland, but I think he's here to stay. I thought his voice actor did a great job though.

Is anyone not having money deducted when buying clothes?

Dosen't really matter even if it wasn't - Money does not really have a point in this game. Soon you will have so much of it, you will have no idea what to do with it. Perhaps in the sequel they could introduce a property system or a system like AC2 where you upgrade the town for additional benefits and act as a money sink.

Yasae

Banned
Dosen't really matter even if it wasn't - Money does not really have a point in this game. Soon you will have so much of it, you will have no idea what to do with it. Perhaps in the sequel they could introduce a property system or a system like AC2 where you upgrade the town for additional benefits and act as a money sink.
Perhaps, though the economy in AC2 was also trash. There needs to be a long, hard look at balancing, content and value in this game's economy.

purg3

slept with Malkin
What are the chances we can convince Ubisoft to include an option to replay missions/gang hideouts/etc in a patch?

I wouldn't mind an online coop mode where you can work with other people to take out gang hideouts, could be fun. They could really do quite a bit multiplayer wise with the games premise but I suppose we will see it in WD2.

Gang hideouts and Criminal Convoys are my favorite, so those would be fun to replay.

Having discovered this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGWkKY8yPsM

I'm going to try and dribble around Chicago at some point once I'm 'finished' with the game.

Seems to be an Ubisoft trademark, you always end up with way too much money in their games.

malfcn

Finally done with decryption. The have either end like butter or bad. Restarting the game every few matches may keep the performance up.

Now back to hacking and maybe campaign.

What are the chances we can convince Ubisoft to include an option to replay missions/gang hideouts/etc in a patch?

I really, really hope they take the time to do this. Gang hideouts and convoys are some of the most fun I've had in the game, and my long term interest is going to dip if I have to start a completely new game every time I want to replay them. This and multiple save files should be their first priority after fixing the major bugs like the corrupted saves.

RawNuts

I've come to the conclusion that my favorite missions don't involve driving or shooting; I feel like the game really shines when you're jumping around cameras to solve environmental puzzles, it could be because I really like Ghost Trick though and it reminds me of that a bit.

Hawk269

Right now asking for "more" things rather than fixing the existing issues is more of a priority. Net code in general needs help. Not sure if it Uplay causing it or if it is just shitty net code, but they need to fix it. On-line can be amazing and racing on-line has a lot of potential if they can fix the lag and the associated issues.

I love that you can really see that it has been an firefight going on with all the debris and stuff burning all over the place, great details

The gunplay is fluid and very satisfying because of the feedback and special effects. Seriously, has any open world game ever done shooting and stealth better? Sure, it doesn't rival games dedicated to those mechanics but considering GTA still hasn't got this right after several incarnations, I'm impressed.

I don't have an issue with the gun balance but I wish the economy was tighter. You just never run out of ammo and equipment. A little more scarcity for things like grenade rounds and IEDs would make their deployment more of a tactical choice instead of the default option.

49 hours in, almost finished the main campaign and still having lots of fun. My main gripe is that both the story and the protagonist are po-faced and angsty - it just doesn't find its own voice. For a game about hacker wizards who can toy with a city and its citizens, there's surprisingly little fun and quirkiness in the campaign. And please, somebody find an alternative to instant-fail stealth missions. Ubisoft, get a team on that problem, stat.

And on a totally superficial note, can Clara get her own Suicide Girls page?

watch-dogs.jpg

soultron

Banned
I've come to the conclusion that my favorite missions don't involve driving or shooting; I feel like the game really shines when you're jumping around cameras to solve environmental puzzles, it could be because I really like Ghost Trick though and it reminds me of that a bit.

It feels great to complete objectives remotely, outside of the enemy awareness zones, without being seen or firing a single shot. I'm someone who likes the idea of being a "white hat" hacker in this game, so I'm trying my hardest to avoid killing anyone, even hired ctOS guards and police. The mission-specified NPCs are the only ones I ever really kill, and I always try to finish missions by escaping if given the chance.

Maybe I'm weird in that way. I only use the Spec Ops 1911 pistol and the baton, pretty much.

HelloMeow

Is there a way to find enemy players when playing free roam? They don't show up on the map unless you get close, which is kind of stupid in such a big city.

Mylene

I have to say, at first when i played this game i was underwhelmed and wondered what all the fuss was about.

then i took some time and got sweetfx with realistic preset working, tweaked sli compatibility bits and rendering modes to get 60fps minimum on max settings. then hooked up pc to my 65" plasma and when it started to rain my jaw was on the floor. even my dad walked into the room and sat down to watch. he thought it was real for a couple minutes and this is the first time he's ever stopped to watch me play anything.

ibrtSbMcnSb9mr.JPG

http://youtu.be/6h0ylEm0Fh0

Lima

After playing 10 races for the achievement I now know why so many people hate on the driving in this game. They just fucking suck at it.

ButchCat

I have to say, at first when i played this game i was underwhelmed and wondered what all the fuss was about.

then i took some time and got sweetfx with realistic preset working, tweaked sli compatibility bits and rendering modes to get 60fps minimum on max settings. then hooked up pc to my 65" plasma and when it started to rain my jaw was on the floor. even my dad walked into the room and sat down to watch. he thought it was real for a couple minutes and this is the first time he's ever stopped to watch me play anything.

ibrtSbMcnSb9mr.JPG
Sounds like you're playing graphics.

The biggest plot hole:

Modern smartphones have capacitive touchscreens, which require skin contact to function.

All of Aiden's outfits have gloves. It is impossible for him to hack things using his phone.

Preorder cancelled.

Lima

The biggest plot hole:

Modern smartphones have capacitive touchscreens, which require skin contact to function.

All of Aiden's outfits have gloves. It is impossible for him to hack things using his phone.

Preorder cancelled.

You do know there are special gloves that allow you to use your smartphone with them right?

Dawg

Ugh.

image.php

Rocketz

Really loving the game so far. Normally I'm one to race through the story to see how it ends but I've been taking my time with Watch_Dogs. I just find myself exploring the world, doing side quests like
Missing Persons
and just seeing what I find. The online interactions with other players is brilliant. I'm always worried when I hear a tire squeal or see a out of control driver is some one following me or getting ready to hack me.

Also
first post :D

Top Bottom