• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

R3TRODYCE

Oh wow

2 npcs sitting down shooting up heroin. The first is HIV positive, he gives the needle to the guy next to him, he shoots up and his description is blood donor. What the fuck.

I really need to start reading the NPC descriptions.

malfcn

Oh wow

2 npcs sitting down shooting up heroin. The first is HIV positive, he gives the needle to the guy next to him, he shoots up and his description is blood donor. What the fuck.

This stuff is hilariously bad. Random or not, these moments make for some awkward times.

Time to try and win assume decryption so I can put that mode to bed.

Dead

well not really...yet
This stuff is hilariously bad. Random or not, these moments make for some awkward times.
Some of them are obviously intentional. Right now I'm looking at a dude fucking an Asian girl and her description says she's a human trafficking victim

I really should finish the game but man online decryption is crazy. Especially when i get into a 8 player game. Cars flying , Explosions and blackouts. I still prefer online hacking though.

MJLord

I'm getting the NAT error message whenever I try to start the online portion. I don't have any control over my network, this is shit.

malfcn

Some of them are obviously intentional. Right now I'm looking at a dude fucking an Asian girl and her description says she's a human trafficking victim

No doubt some it is intentional.
First game loads at "you lost" - next game we win. Seven more wins, please.

How is the RemotePlay with this game? Is the control scheme good like Assassin's Creed 4 (four corners of the touchscreen are the missing buttons) or is it botched like so many other games (rear touchpad is used for those buttons)?

Pooya

Privacy invasions are great, definitely do them. I seldom ever bother with collectibles in these type of games because it's a just a huge waste of time and there are tons of them, here it's actually very manageable and rewarding enough. They can be funny, really nothing, extremely creepy or just tragic. good stuff. First time I like collectibles in a ubisoft game.

QR codes are good too, digging all these.

So you aren't notified when your being tailed? Just when you're hacked?

Tailing
You are officially notified if:
- You profile your tailer at any point. You will then get a marker on him and the objective to kill him.
- You try to start a single player mission while being tailed. You get the purple circle and the objective to find the person tailing you.
- You injure your tailer without profiling them, either deliberately or accidentally. You will get a marker on them and the objective to kill them.

You are unofficially notified if:
- You pause the game or use focus mode but everything remains in real time.
- You are profiling people and get "not a threat" as their description.
- You see the blue saving icon for no reason (this means the enemy has successfully tailed you and the game is saving that statistic).

Calmine

Man I can't stand the driving in this feels so stiff and annoying. Still enjoying the game but, doesn't feel entirely polished in the AI department either.

KxoZz

About the ending
What was even the point of Jordi turning on you? There's no buildup, it serves no purpose and he's in the scene for less than a minute only to die and give the Aiden a chance to shoot Damien, which he would've done anyway.

I thought the same thing.
There is absolutely no purpose for him being there. But he doesn't die, Aiden pushes him off to the next level down and then he's gone when Aiden looks down. Also he calls later to give Aiden Maurice's location. The fact that he survives makes it even more pointless

Dunkers92

Tried the spider tank digital trip for the first time today. So much fun. Still on act 1 of the story, really liking the side mission stuff.

Also stopped someone from hacking me at 96%, it was so tense. I'm still crap at hacking other people though.

malfcn

FFA decryption is terrible. And I hit people with ied and they don't die.

And why do enemies and everyone spawn at the same places at the same time.

krioto

The online tailing and hacking are worth the price of this game for me - just adds a complete new dimension to the game, and I love hitting focus, having it not work, and knowing someone is tailing me - then trying to sniff them out.

I'm having lots of luck fighting back invaders too - some people make it too obvious that they are NOT an NPC!

The 'hack the package' online game is not so fun though, but I've almost got my ten wins and then will not touch it again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Notoriety you gain or lose is definitely based at least primarily on the starting notoriety of each player, and something to do with your performance as well. If you get part of the hack, I think that affects it, etc.

Pooya

I thought the same thing.
There is absolutely no purpose for him being there. But he doesn't die, Aiden pushes him off to the next level down and then he's gone when Aiden looks down. Also he calls later to give Aiden Maurice's location. The fact that he survives makes it even more pointless

ending stuff
apparently you can fail the QTE and then he dies. lol at this story :\

For those who have finished the campaign:
whats the deal with "bellwether"? what was that all about in the end? did i miss something?
Go after the audio logs hidden in the hideouts and some I think ctOS boxes for that. You can find back story of what happened with Blume there, Kenny and more.

I think it generally sets up the sequel, that's what Maurice is talking about in the end and he's counting Fibonacci series there 1 2 3 5 that's also related to Bellwether I'm going to have to listen to them again to make sense of it didn't pay attention first time,, it's the surveillance and control system of Blume something like that. The Mayor wanted access to it, it was essentially public manipulation and stuff I've no idea what it actually is or how yet..

we're probably going to need an spoiler thread sooner than later now...

Qwell

Ok so the always online game has a few issues at least in this game. Twice now I was in the middle of doing like a CToS or some other thing and at the last minute after I have climbed all the ladders etc. someone invades my game and starts hacking and they don't let me complete the CToS thing until they are done doing whatever they are doing.

Another issue is I had paused the game to go do something and I come back to my game unpaused and noticed I had just been hacked. Kind of annoying, I know it doesn't really do anything to your character per say, but still annoying.

I am having a ton of fun doing the collectibles / unlocks, I have only done 1 campaign mission so far and I have the QR codes, missing person, and a couple mini games finished as much as you can until later in the story. I'm trying to get the pump shotgun from the drinking game, but holy cow level 4 drinking game can go fuck right the fuck off.

Still trying to get my win 10 decrypt online games so I can unlock the heavy weapon loadout.

Vire

Side note: I love the architecture of the high tech cTOS buildings. Really cool looking/modern.

I'm kinda amazed at how many unique assets are in this game. I'm waiting for areas to be recycled, but with each chapter it brings me to new locations.

Jarrod38

Did a online hacking and damn the poor guy even walked passed my car and was running like a chicken with its head cut off looking for me.

Jedi2016

Oh wow

Pop. Pop. Problem solved.

The game should take that stuff into account, really... it would hit me for two "civilian deaths" doing that, but it should really bump up my rep, think of all the lives I just saved. It would look a little odd, of course.. walking down the street, suddenly pull out a gun and shoot two people in the head. I'm a goddamn hero.. lol.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So the more I play the more I realize or it seems like there really is no consequence for dying in this game or for causing insane amounts of mayhem. The reputation meter really doesn't seem to make a difference at what end you are, unless I'm just not noticing it or it's really that minimal.

Also, there really is no reason to hack people for money after you get the weapons you want, unless if you want to buy crafting materials. And the clothes selection is pretty bad too. I would like to see more things to do with the money you get.

Minor nitpicks, still thoroughly enjoying the game.

Dennis

Banned
watch_dogs2014-06-02019jzd.jpg

maneil99

So the more I play the more I realize or it seems like there really is no consequence for dying in this game or for causing insane amounts of mayhem. The reputation meter really doesn't seem to make a difference at what end you are, unless I'm just not noticing it or it's really that minimal.

Also, there really is no reason to hack people for money after you get the weapons you want, unless if you want to buy crafting materials. And the clothes selection is pretty bad too. I would like to see more things to do with the money you get.

Minor nitpicks, still thoroughly enjoying the game.

People call the cops on you if you are bad, that seems to be it although it does get annoying.

malfcn

Getting thoroughly pissed with decryption. Team mates run you over. My gun wouldn't fire. Running enemies over wouldn't kill them etc.

Wtf. 99% and the servers crash? Ubi, please.

KxoZz

The game should take that stuff into account, really... it would hit me for two "civilian deaths" doing that, but it should really bump up my rep, think of all the lives I just saved. It would look a little odd, of course.. walking down the street, suddenly pull out a gun and shoot two people in the head. I'm a goddamn hero.. lol.

I remember Ubi saying there would be not just black and white regarding decision making and that there would be shades of grey. But it really just is good or bad...

Also, privacy invasions and giving everyone a unique profile is interesting but it never really made me think about taking their money or not, because it doesnt change anything whatsoever.

Dommel

I have still have no idea why the PlayStation exclusive missions aren't showing up for me. If I check acquired content is there, check downloads it's also there and I'm past the ' wrench in the works ' mission.

Still nothing on my map.

malfcn

Sitting at a loading screen with the game telling me they have the file. How about letting me play.

Haha ha it took 5 minutes to load. I spawn in wipe the team at 99 and win.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Oh wow

What part of town were you in by chance?

Kelsey

Banned
I haven't completed the missing persons quest line yet, but all the evidence has been there right before our eyes the entire time. I can't believe I missed the clues.

It's Dennis

soultron

Banned
People call the cops on you if you are bad, that seems to be it although it does get annoying.
The public starts to recognize you after a while, yeah. I have a good rep so people sometimes excitedly take out their phones and take pictures of me. I'm sure that if I had a really bad rep, those situations would instead wind up with them calling the police.

So helplessly hooked right now. There are flaws, but goddamn, this is the best modern setting open world game I've played since Crackdown 1. (I haven't played Sleeping Dogs or Infamous games yet.)

Exis

I just beat it.
- I ended up skipping the fixer missions, they were such a pain and the driving sucked.
- There were too many guns, I used three for most of the game.
- I wish they had multiple VO like GTA did, it makes replaying missions less annoying, and I restart alot.
-
Clares Death
didn't make me care.
- I kept waiting for the spider robot to show up.

I actually debated getting the DLC, but probally wont.

zlatko

Banned
I was able to play online decryption with a buddy last night. We had a BLAST! :D

The major complaint about that game type is it needs more maps without cars available... it just turns into a giant race around the farthest parts of the map you are in. There was this great trailer park map we got and we had to hide out in the woods and have firefights. Twas epic.

I really hope for Watch Dogs 2 they advance the MP. Or do a patch/expansion/DLC that adds some standard MP components like a TDM of 4 v 4, no vehicles, and first to a 50 or something.

RoKKeR

I was able to play online decryption with a buddy last night. We had a BLAST! :D

The major complaint about that game type is it needs more maps without cars available... it just turns into a giant race around the farthest parts of the map you are in. There was this great trailer park map we got and we had to hide out in the woods and have firefights. Twas epic.

I really hope for Watch Dogs 2 they advance the MP. Or do a patch/expansion/DLC that dds some standard MP components like a TDM of 4 v 4, no vehicles, and first to a 50 or something.
How did you get into a decryption game with your friend?

Top Bottom