• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

ttech10

Do more investigations appear as u progress through the game...I have done all side content possible in my game. I am still in Act 1 though, so I am hoping they just unlock later and my game isnt glitched

Yes. I believe you cannot correctly continue the Missing Persons until sometime in Act 3. Human Trafficking is activated sometime in Act 2.

Other than that, I think most is available before progressing. The weapon crates may require getting somewhere in Act 2 but I'm unsure as I didn't begin them until halfway through that act.

jaosobno

Does anyone even play online modes in this game? I find matchmaking very frustrating. Hear me out GAF:

First day, I tried Online Hacking mode and after about 30 seconds, "victim" was found and I invaded his game. Managed to steal his data and I absolutely loved this mode, it was so intense until the very last second.

After that, I wanted to try other modes, but no luck.

Online tailing - after several attempts, the game failed to find an opponent.

Online Decryption - out of 6 times, I only managed to find someone to play with once (my team was 2/3 players). We waited for a long time, no one was found to join us, my only teammate quits.

CtOS Mobile App - after 7 attempts on my phone, I finally managed to find someone. My opponent quits 10 seconds after the beginning of the game. On my PS4, I receive invite for a mobile challenge, I accept it, only for my opponent to quit after 1 minute.

After all this, I didn't even bother with other modes.

What is wrong with people in this game? Why do they even bother playing with online mode set to "On" if they don't want to play with or against other people? I'd like to at least try every online mode once to earn a trophy but that seems like an impossible task.

red731

This game teaches me how to play chess. Nice. Nice.

I kinda understand now and oh boy, you must watch everything while playing it irl.

Quick question guys,how do you know if your focus meter is running low ? I know you can replenish it by going to restaurants,but does it eventually replenish on it's own ? or do you have to visit the restaurants ? Thanks.

panda-zebra

Effing love the tailing and hacking in W_D. Never, ever enjoyed a game's online component before this, never mind begun to prefer it to the main single player experience. There's something here with this simple cat-and-mouse mechanic that really clicked with me and I hope many others who don't usually prefer the offline play. Having said that, it's not perfect.

Starting the final part of the QR side quest last night, doing my thing, when it dropped out and told me I was being hacked. Didn't know this was possible, but as it'd only just begun I wasn't sure if it was a for real hack attempt or a pseudo-hack twist to the story. It was all very confusing. I began to suspect it wasn't a clever plot twist but rather the the game had dropped through some weird edge-case pothole. So I ended up trying to find a hacker without the aid of profiling (square button did nothing) and a game that looked like a slide show framerate-wise. Also, the whole UI was appearing for only some of those frames, making using the minimap pretty difficult. Eventually I found the guy edged up in some bushes and did my best to fuck him up but by the time my game reacted to what I asked of it he wasn't really there anymore... so fuck that, I exited the game back to the ps4 UI. Cue "spoil sport" PSN message and no video available when I hit the share button to prove otherwise :/

Very next time when I fired back up I'm invading a guy's game, he knows he's being stalked as he tears off and I tail him from one side of the map to the other to begin the hack with only a few seconds of the 5 minutes remaining as he's parked up in a yard. I'm hiding on a bridge and he's found a bike and is tearing around below as 90% ticks by... then his bike stops, his phone sees some action and I get the UBI error message with about 4% left to 100. So I suppose I should accept this guy's "the lights flickered, it's raining here" excuse considering what happened to me previously, lol.

If the risk / reward looks good it will fail to load.

Every single time, it'll be searching for another game within seconds.

Stop spawning me in their view or in a car next to them. I'm being instantly profiled./QUOTE]

Appearing on a bike is also a dead giveaway, thing is I don't recall seeing anyone appear in my game so obviously (I suppose that just means I'm not paying enough attention).

Admit to "the stalker store" inducing laughter.

Yes. I believe you cannot correctly continue the Missing Persons until sometime in Act 3. Human Trafficking is activated sometime in Act 2.

Other than that, I think most is available before progressing. The weapon crates may require getting somewhere in Act 2 but I'm unsure as I didn't begin them until halfway through that act.

That's correct, you need to have met a certain character before you can do all of those.
The character awards you the final mission in that line of content.

GlamFM

Banned
Quick question, are the side missions tied to main mission progress?

Can't find any more QR codes or murder investigation markers on the map although I'm missing a few.

Look who I found under an overpass

RF8sLNu.jpg

mitchman

Gold Member
if you are out of sight, park and hide.

It's really quite simple, even when having max police presence. Stop at a train station, hop on a train and watch them never finding you. In some rare cases, they might stop the train and know you're on it. In that case, start it again, wait a bit, stop it, leave it for a second, then enter it again and watch them lose you.

JayEH

Just beat the game. I got burnt out around Act 3 and stopped doing side content and made a bee line for the ending. Story was disappointing but I wasn't expecting big things to begin with. Still sitting through those trademark Ubisoft credits.

One weird thing is that
the E3 2012 Demo was never in the game

Milennia

act 3 spoilers-

the iraq boss fight is a bitch for me.... the adds spawn in random places depending now here you are positioned and they just spawn out of thin air, sometimes right next to me, then when i kill the big dude, iraq just comes from my left and kills me

Just beat the game. I got burnt out around Act 3 and stopped doing side content and made a bee line for the ending. Story was disappointing but I wasn't expecting big things to begin with. Still sitting through those trademark Ubisoft credits.

One weird thing is that
the E3 2012 Demo was never in the game

The bit where you go after defalt? I definitely recognised going into the club. I can't remember what the actual mission objective was in the 2012 demo, but that was the same area/place,

act 3 spoilers-

the iraq boss fight is a bitch for me.... the adds spawn in random places depending now here you are positioned and they just spawn out of thin air, sometimes right next to me, then when i kill the big dude, iraq just comes from my left and kills me

Really? They all only came from the far end for me? I just hid where I came in and kept restocking on ammo. threw IEDs everywhere, detonated them all as soon as guys appeared then used grenade launcher on Iraq and the heavy about 4 times as soon as they came up at the far end, finished the fight in about 40 seconds XD only hold up was Iraq chatting in the middle

Archurro

Just had the most fun I've had with this game in the Online Decryption multiplayer. Came back from game where I was a lone wolf against 3 other people, and I managed to snipe the team and take the key from them at 95%, winning the game. But the 4v4 multiplayer is suprisingly deep considering that they barely highlight that feature of the game, and it's so much more intense and fun than the 1v1 or mobile mode.

Also, we had this amazing bug where at the end of the match, where you are made essentially invincible, the game didn't switch to the next map so all 5 of us were just stick running around the city with invincibility on. We had a hilarious moment where my Aiden was sitting in a car that was reduced to rubble, not reacting to anything going on around. I'm pissed that the video capture doesn't do the past 15 minutes(at least in this game).

JayEH

The bit where you go after defalt? I definitely recognised going into the club. I can't remember what the actual mission objective was in the 2012 demo, but that was the same area/place,

It was definitely the same area but in the 2012 demo you go after Joseph Demarco, he's mentioned in the game a few times but you never see him.

It was definitely the same area but in the 2012 demo you go after Joseph Demarco, he's mentioned in the game a few times but you never see him.

Haha they probably would have been better removing the area altogether, instead of just mixing up the objective. I was generally happy with the game visuals but that;s the one jarring bit where you can't help but compare it to that demo.

Milennia

Really? They all only came from the far end for me? I just hid where I came in and kept restocking on ammo. threw IEDs everywhere, detonated them all as soon as guys appeared then used grenade launcher on Iraq and the heavy about 4 times as soon as they came up at the far end, finished the fight in about 40 seconds XD only hold up was Iraq chatting in the middle

i should probably give that end of the room a try lol..., yeah they spawn in random areas depending on where you are in cover, i guess my areas just sucked lol.

i should probably give that end of the room a try lol..., yeah they spawn in random areas depending on where you are in cover, i guess my areas just sucked lol.

Haha that's brutal man. Try there, that ammo case where you came in doesn't seem to ever run out, so you can just keep filling your grenade launcher back up, plus it gives you something like one IED at a time if you run out of them

Story is really starting to hook me in. Finally put some hours into it last night and I think I'm half way through Act 2.
Finding that island where you set up shop was awesome. Since then I've been wanting to carry on with the story rather than mess about with side missions.

Carbonox

Story is really starting to hook me in. Finally put some hours into it last night and I think I'm half way through Act 2.
Finding that island where you set up shop was awesome. Since then I've been wanting to carry on with the story rather than mess about with side missions.

Yeah that was awesome. Reminded me the
Batcave
or something.

Also, the mission quality and settings are getting really fucking good as you progress through Act 2. I'm coming to the end of the Act now.

Toki767

They definitely spawn randomly if you restart. I just spammed IEDs and used my grenade launcher and the trouble went away. The grenade launcher was the best $40,000 or something I spent in the game.

Cajun

Neo Member
Finished the main story, and I'd say the story gets boring from the middle of Act 2 to the end of Act 3. However, from Act 4 until the end of the game was pretty great. Mixed it up enough to keep things interesting.

soultron

Banned
This guy's profile picture cracked me up when I saw it:

I did a gang hideout today and reinforcements got called in. They exited their cars near the main street that lead into the hideout. I ended up looping around to that point and saw several civilian cars that had been blocked in by the gang reinforcement cars. I took cover on them to get a closer look at one of the civilians freaking out in her driver's seat and found out you can save people from their cars! It shows up as RESCUE and Aiden opens the door, helps them out, and tells them to "stay low." Really neat detail. Your rep also goes up for it, rewarding you with a "Civilian Rescued" action, if I remember right.

Any real repercussions for negative karma besides
shop owners ratting me out to the cops
? I'm playing this game like an asshole

soultron

Banned
Any real repercussions for negative karma besides
shop owners ratting me out to the cops
? I'm playing this game like an asshole

People who randomly recognise you as The Vigilante will call the cops on sight. The flipside of that, on the positive end of the scale, is that they take out their phones to try and take pictures of you.

mitchman

Gold Member
act 3 spoilers-

I used the grenade launcher (the automatic one) and finished that part in around 15 seconds flat without any issues.

soultron

Banned
Guys? Anybody? No?

Have you unlocked all of the ctOS towers? If it's the special missions unlocked by finishing the entire set, maybe the special missions unlock after you beat a mission in the main campaign? I think that's what you were asking originally.

GlamFM

Banned
Have you unlocked all of the ctOS towers? If it's the special missions unlocked by finishing the entire set, maybe the special missions unlock after you beat a mission in the main campaign? I think that's what you were asking originally.

I have, but I didn´t notice a special mission unlocking afterwards - will check tonight.

Thank you!

Yeah that was awesome. Reminded me the
Batcave
or something.

Also, the mission quality and settings are getting really fucking good as you progress through Act 2. I'm coming to the end of the Act now.

Yeah definitely although it gave me a splinter cell vibe moreso. especially when
you are tasked with getting the three power generators online at the island with the atmospheric music in the background!

Klocker

Geezus. Been playing this since Tuesday everyday and am still only a few missions in. ... So much fun and enjoyment roaming the city saving citizens, driving, hacking and collecting.

soultron

Banned
I have, but I didn´t notice a special mission unlocking afterwards - will check tonight.

Thank you!

Some side missions do this, but not all, pretty sure. Easiest way to check is to look in the Progression section and see if the last reward for _____ is tied to finishing a special mission that unlocks only when you have finished the regular set. It's the resolution to that story line, basically. If you'll allow me to do a safe-ish spoiler, there's a
gun trafficking
side quest, for example, that has a special mission unlock after you've found all of the hidden
weapon crates

GlamFM

Banned
Some side missions do this, but not all, pretty sure. Easiest way to check is to look in the Progression section and see if the last reward for _____ is tied to finishing a special mission that unlocks only when you have finished the regular set. It's the resolution to that story line, basically. If you'll allow me to do a safe-ish spoiler, there's a
gun trafficking
side quest, for example, that has a special mission unlock after you've found all of the hidden
weapon crates

Thank you very much. Will check.

grimmiq

So my guess from what a few people have said, cutscenes and dialog don't really change if you do things stealthily? Like
rescuing Jacks, I always "killed them all!" while he watches on the monitors?
Was tempted to replay this differently but I guess I'll just go for collectables now.

Klocker

You should start playing online tailing and hacking.
I only do the ones that come to me randomly... Where I get an in game bounty on my head and someone is invited pretty quickly... Love them all so far. Have done about 3 tails and 6 hacks as I often knock the phone out of a callers hands if I'm into sp

Will definitely do more. Good stuff

Milennia

just got it after my first go =D
thanks for the help guys, shit was annoying until i found the right spot and started using the grenade launcher.

if you stand where i was standing (around where the 3rd ied is) they spawn out of thin air right next to you, seems like an oversight.

also just finished the
defalt part... i kept saying to myself.. damn how the fuck is that mini van so fast?.. then i unlocked it and laughed at it being in the performance section of the car selection

Lima

just got it after my first go =D
thanks for the help guys, shit was annoying until i found the right spot and started using the grenade launcher.

if you stand where i was standing (around where the 3rd ied is) they spawn out of thin air right next to you, seems like an oversight.

Will happen later on in the game too once you are in Pawnee. Like some fucking guy just fell right out of the clouds down next to me. Looks hilarious though.

gossi

Does anybody else have problems with Xbox One and Online Decryption mode? I drop to 5 fps after about ten minutes. It's unplayable.

Top Bottom