• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Nymphae

Banned
I almost bought this on the weekend, but the high Canadian price point, then finally the Giant Bomb review, tipped the scales for me. I'm waiting for Watch Dogs 2.

Anion

Does anybody else have problems with Xbox One and Online Decryption mode? I drop to 5 fps after about ten minutes. It's unplayable.
It's a PvP connection, cause a host migration happened mid match for me. Seriously amazing that the online description is so laggy. It is my main complaint with the game

gossi

It's a PvP connection, cause a host migration happened mid match for me. Seriously amazing that the online description is so laggy. It is my main complaint with the game

I'm not talking about lag, I'm talking about frame rate dropping to 5 frames per second.

Will happen later on in the game too once you are in Pawnee. Like some fucking guy just fell right out of the clouds down next to me. Looks hilarious though.

Probably the weirdest thing I have seen is a fire truck just completely disappear in front of me, as If it was resetting its path.

Joeki11a

Banned
These intrusion side activities are creepy, sad, Funny. Did 3 and all delivered that.

1. Old granny bothering her daughter at work needing help trying to get on "the internets" lol.

2. Couple sitting in Bed crying about one of them having cancer.

3. Single dad fappin fast as hell, interupted by his daughter...

These things made me wonder if this is what the NSA can actually do.

hbkdx12

These intrusion side activities are creepy, sad, Funny. Did 3 and all delivered that.

1. Old granny bothering her daughter at work needing help trying to get on "the internets" lol.

2. Couple sitting in Bed crying about one of them having cancer.

3. Single dad fappin fast as hell, interupted by his daughter...

These things made me wonder if this is what the NSA can actually do.
Yeah they're really something. I've done a good amount so far and a good amount of them deal with
dying
or the temptation of it in one way or another.

one of the more funny lighthearted ones i saw yesterday was
a guy with flowers in his hand about to knock on the door of the girl he was dating and just as he's about to he can hear her talking to her friend saying how he's not good in bed and then he looks all sad and drops the flowers and leaves
. lol

Man, Psychedelic ain't a trip. It's a nightmare.

:(

i tried a few of the digital trips for the first time yesterday and they're more fun than i would have thought. One thing they should have added was perma death especially since they're not that hard to begin with. I've played conspiracy, alone and psychedelic and i'm not a fan of psychedelic but conspiracy and alone are ace.

Had my first online hack last night. The person gave it away by jumping in the water and coming back out. I was notified they were in the water so I headed to the only access point and sure enough, someone came up the dock. Immediate takedown.

Finally put in some serious time with the game over the weekend. I've finally figured out how to tackle combat in a part-stealth, part-shoot out kind of way and it is so satisfying. The amount of choices you have in each scenario makes the combat feel fresh no matter which way you tackle it. Really enjoying the game now.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
You can't scan with your phone if you're 'hiding' in the cars so they have to know to physically go up to it and look for a person inside. It's really a beginner mistake to not scan manually all parked cars. I literally hid in a car on a freeway and this guy let me hack him to 100% because he didn't know.

It's a great move to make.

The first thing I do is throw grenades at all the parked cars. :D It tends to panic people who are trying this trick and they run away which makes them very easy to pick out.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Chase missions where you need to take down the person and then their entourage also shows up who you need to take down... Is there a special way to do these?

I seem to masterfully blow up a steam pipe, the guy pops out of the car and can sometimes kill me while I get out of my car.

If I stay in the car, it's a circus trying to kill the other guys giving chase. I basically need to find a corner, get out of the car, hope they don't ram my car into me, then proceed to use my car as cover as I pop them one by one. It gets the job done but I can't help but feel that I'm not doing it right.

Carbonox

Chase missions where you need to take down the person and then their entourage also shows up who you need to take down... Is there a special way to do these?

I seem to masterfully blow up a steam pipe, the guy pops out of the car and can sometimes kill me while I get out of my car.

If I stay in the car, it's a circus trying to kill the other guys giving chase. I basically need to find a corner, get out of the car, hope they don't ram my car into me, then proceed to use my car as cover as I pop them one by one. It gets the job done but I can't help but feel that I'm not doing it right.

Edit: Misunderstood the type of mission you're referring to.

Yeah I rely on hacking road traps. The other guys get caught up in them too usually. If the target runs on foot cos his car's buggered and you're surrounded by other enemies, the grenade launcher will come in handy.

WITHE1982

The invasion side of the game is a fantastic addition by Ubi. I just love how paranoid I've become. Wherever I hear a tyre screech or see a random crash I automatically think "is that another player?"

I've started looking behind me all the time as well when driving to make sure I'm not being tailed.

Only managed to catch one guy doing it so far but the satisfaction when you get them is great. Probably the most fun I've had with multiplayer since TLOU.

Zakalwe

Banned

I never had an issue with them, my prcoess is almost always:

Chase until environment allows for take down: intersection, bollards, steam pipe, etc...
Take car out
Jump out, take down
Run to nearest car
Escape

I never stay behind to fight, it seems pointless.

If you want to kill all of them I have two words: grenade launcher.

Zakalwe

Banned
will probably not have a PS3/Xbox 360 version

It has to break free. The game needs more density, things like interactions with NPCs and verticality in the maps, more buildigns to enter and explore that are optional, etc...

Stuff that would need to be limited by the old tech if the visual quality was also goign to be pushed forward.

The next game absolutely needs to have the shackles removed.

Andrew.

Banned
I never had an issue with them, my prcoess is almost always:

Chase until environment allows for take down: intersection, bollards, steam pipe, etc...
Take car out
Jump out, take down
Run to nearest car
Escape

I never stay behind to fight, it seems pointless.

If you want to kill all of them I have two words: grenade launcher.

XP for kills. Theres always some sort of cover available. As long as you're stocked with meds you should stick around and finish everyone off.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Grenade Launchers & Meds...how have I gone so long without using either of these?

I also just realized that in the 6 hours I played yesterday, I completely forgot about the focus button. :-|

Andrew.

Banned
Grenade Launchers & Meds...how have I gone so long without using either of these?

I also just realized that in the 6 hours I played yesterday, I completely forgot about the focus button. :-|

The Nade Launcher that can hold four in a clip, combined with the silenced uzi and silenced assault rifle (like the Goblin) is the way to go. And always, always have full meds.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

I have barely used focus at all. I feel like it would make the game too easy? But I guess it might be the only way to pull off some of the road hacks (i.e., helicopter hacks), particularly when jumping.

Zakalwe

Banned
XP for kills. Theres always some sort of cover available. As long as you're stocked with meds you should stick around and finish everyone off.

The game floods you with XP, and with the wealth of side quests I've got almsot every XP unlockable skill unlocked and I'm only halfway through act 2.

You don't need to worry about scrapping for XP at all. If you don't enjoy mopping up after these chases, you really won't be penalised.

LkPr

ctOS app finally working well for me and has been a blast to play on my Nexus7. Only problem is losers who quit because they suck.

Edit: that's 2 in a row. I wish the losers would just learn how to play instead of being babies and leaving the game.

hbkdx12

I pretty much just run them over when they get out of their car

I've never used Meds. I'm not even sure what they're for (restore focus i think?) Focus in and of itself has been pretty useless to me. The grenade launcher on the other hand.... :)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ctOS app finally working well for me and has been a blast to play on my Nexus7. Only problem is losers who quit because they suck.

Edit: that's 2 in a row. I wish the losers would just learn how to play instead of being babies and leaving the game.

Was it right at the end of the time limit, where they were obviously not going to finish? Cause I've had that mode disconnect on me a few times, both in the game and on the app (and I assume it's mostly the app losing connection).

murgo

By god, the extreme drinking game can go FUCK itself 10 million times. I can't believe this shit. It's gonna put me to the grave, I just know it. I'm at lvl 7 and I keep losing because there's not enough time.

Have I mentioned how many times the extreme drinking game can go FUCK ITSELF?

I know I'll eventually manage to beat this shit, but at the expense of many years of my life. You lose, you wake up somewhere and have to go back to the bar if you wanna try again. Who the fuck thought this would be a good idea?

luxarific

Nork unification denier

Are they actually disconnecting intentionally or is it a network problem? I've been disconnected twice now because of something on Ubisoft's end. The penalties to np if you purposefully quit a match are pretty hefty so their disconnects may not be intentional.

valkyre

By god, the extreme drinking game can go FUCK itself 10 million times. I can't believe this shit. It's gonna put me to the grave, I just know it. I'm at lvl 7 and I keep losing because there's not enough time.

Have I mentioned how many times the extreme drinking game can go FUCK ITSELF?

I know I'll eventually manage to beat this shit, but at the expense of many years of my life. You lose, you wake up somewhere and have to go back to the bar if you wanna try again. Who the fuck thought this would be a good idea?

The guy who came up with the bright idea to assign a BRONZE trophy on this fucking piece of shit for a mini game is a fucking SADIST.

I bet he is laughing his trolling ass off while we are smashing our poor DS4s for this retarded thing...

LkPr

Was it right at the end of the time limit, where they were obviously not going to finish? Cause I've had that mode disconnect on me a few times, both in the game and on the app (and I assume it's mostly the app losing connection).

Are they actually disconnecting intentionally or is it a network problem? I've been disconnected twice now because of something on Ubisoft's end. The penalties to np if you purposefully quit a match are pretty hefty so their disconnects may not be intentional.

Both times, "coincidentally", the player was losing badly... so i personally don't think it was Network related. Every time it looks like they are going to beat me there is no disconnect.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The guy who came up with the bright idea to assign a BRONZE trophy on this fucking piece of shit for a mini game is a fucking SADIST.

I bet he is laughing his trolling ass off while we are smashing our poor DS4s for this retarded thing...
Wow, this drinking game sounds really intense. Haven't tried it yet but now i'm obligated to. XD

Been having a blast as well on my s4...sometimes I get disconnected and crashed out of the app. I think there are still kinks in the code cause as I mentioned previously, I couldn't get a game for the past 3 or 4 days, now I'm getting then pretty regularly.

J-P

Neo Member
Is voice chat enabled when doing invasion? Could swear i've heard a few "fuck you"s after successful hacks. Does it work both ways? Can I taunt them?

I pretty much just run them over when they get out of their car

I've never used Meds. I'm not even sure what they're for (restore focus i think?) Focus in and of itself has been pretty useless to me. The grenade launcher on the other hand.... :)
Haven't used grenades, focus, it meds. Always forget about them in the heat of the moment. Also, on realistic difficulty...might try a few of those now ;)

valkyre

Wow, this drinking game sounds really intense. Haven't tried it yet but now i'm obligated to. XD

If you are not a completionist or a trophy hunter guy, listen to me and trust me:

Stay away from that mo****ing game. It is going to drive you insane, unless your brain is able to adapt to this better than most people out there.

This thing is seriously a brain clusterfuck of epic proportions.

And that would be ok. If it was good, or rewarding, or even fun. But it is actually boring, stupid and absolutely annoying.

Again: stay away from this and enjoy the rest of the game.

PS: Ubisoft should patch this... this is obviously an omission and not properly tested.

Double D

I've avoided the drinking game based on the negative impressions in this thread.

Act 3 Spoilers -
I was forced to do one when I met T-Bone. Really didn't seem too bad and found it kind of enjoyable. Is this representative of the standard drinking game? I'm assuming it gets way harder, but kind of curious what kind of madness they throw at you.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I couldn't find a retail version of the game on PS4 as the stores I went to were sold out, so I just bought it off the PSN.

I played for maybe two or three hours, and I'm enjoying it. I'm enjoying the hacking/vigilante/spying stuff more than I thought I would. I've only done two story missions so far, because the bulk of my time was spent on side stuff.

Graphically, the game is solid. Not ugly, but not impressive, either. It's a cross gen title, however, so I was never expecting much, and I hadn't been following the game as hard as some.

Basically, the game is much more enjoyable than I was expecting it to be.

murgo

Ok guys, I've managed to get to extreme drinking 9. Here's a little tip if you get to lvl 8: at the last 2 drinks you'll have INVERTED controls. The L or R in the little circle will be mirrored. Turning the controller around will make this a lot easier.

Fuck.. now to beat the last 2 levels..

Edit: Lvl 9 beaten, it was a lot easier than the previous ones. If I can beat the last one I'll finally be at peace.

Denton

I love this game so much that I was thinking about going for the 100% completion.

After reading the horror stories about fucking drinking minigame, I reconsidered :)

Xyber

The Nade Launcher that can hold four in a clip, combined with the silenced uzi and silenced assault rifle (like the Goblin) is the way to go. And always, always have full meds.

What's this talk about meds? I've never had to use a single one in the game so far. Using that grenade launcher is easy mode and after taking out the guy you were chasing you just switch to that and blow up the other cars while taking cover behind any of the 2-6 civilian cars left behind in all that chaos.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Did anyone catch the 5 sound bites for Aiden's backstory? I assume they were open at the beginning, but I didn't notice them until I beat the game.

I did like the little blurb about Aiden and Nikki's mother leaving with them from Ireland to leave their father. Sounds like he was IRA, and was violent in his opinion of "justice."

murgo

YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEES! FUCK YES! FUCK YOU, UGLY MAN! Fuck you and your conspiracy theories and your bullshit and your stupid hat and FUCK YOU :D:D

2014-06-02%2017.18.05.jpg

Boy am I glad I NEVER have to do this shit again. NEVER!

I just shot him. He's dead. Deservedly so!

Got hacked by a dude sitting in a car underwater!

What kind of shit is that, i couldnt even get to him he was just chilling at the bottom of the ocean.

Top Bottom