• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Carbonox

Maybe they're easier if you drink in real life while playing.

wee-bey-gif.gif

Someone be our guinea pig right now pls.

valkyre

I absolutely enjoy this game immensely, but there are some things that really bother me and one of them is the UI.

In classic Ubisoft trend, I find the UI really really annoying.

The constant SPAM of things to do, really starts to get in the way especially if you have completed those certain events. And I am refering to crime detection, hacking suggestions, online races etc etc.

This constant spam really starts to get in the way lately. I really wish that you could somehow stop them from poping up all the time. Maybe tie these messages with profiler? For example if you turn the profiler off, to stop getting information for such things?

Relly

Banned
Ok.. What just happened?

I run the online contracts app, select online hacking, find an opponent.. Routine, right?

So when the screen loads, this is what I see..

image.jpg

(Snapped it with my ipad, also took a SS with PS4)
The fuck?

Has this "glitch" happened to anyone else?

It made me lol but when I saw I couldn't do anything (there was sound and everything like there normally would be, and pressing the profiler button actually responded, but ultimately I had to load my last autos ave to leave that screen) my first thought was "I got hacked"

Inside developer joke?

Gun Animal

The main thing that made this game interesting to me initially was the focus on social stealth, classic stealth and hacking as opposed to the typical GTA Cars+Guns system. So to people who've finished the game, is this just a GTA clone? How often do you have to engage in open combat? How often do you have to kill people that aren't named targets? How often can you complete goals without ever being detected?

Answers to this determine if I get the game or not, thanks.

gossi

The main thing that made this game interesting to me initially was the focus on social stealth, classic stealth and hacking as opposed to the typical GTA Cars+Guns system. So to people who've finished the game, is this just a GTA clone? How often do you have to engage in open combat? How often do you have to kill people that aren't named targets? How often can you complete goals without ever being detected?

Haven't completed game, about half way through, but there's a strong stealth path. In fact, many missions fail if you get detected. I haven't yet encountered a mission where I am required to kill people - you can stealth eliminate them.

murgo

I finally got tailed for the first time, but only because I let them. Dude was walking behind me screaming "CAPTAIN OBVIOUS" and I simply chose to not use the profiler and let him do his thing.

No wonder I never got tailed so far, those guys are always so clumsy and obvious it's almost impossible to not notice them.

leng jai

I'm seriously impressed by how satisfying and diverse the audio feedback is for the weapons. Beats the shit out of Max Payne 3 and GTAV. I'd say it's as good as RDR here, even though the weapons are completely different.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

You can complete more than half the game without being seen. The enemy AI is smart enough to flank and communicate so running and gunning is more difficult than straight up stealth. Some missions do involve straight up shootouts though.

Gun Animal

You can complete more than half the game without being seen. The enemy AI is smart enough to flank and communicate so running and gunning is more difficult than straight up stealth. Some missions do involve straight up shootouts though.

That's about the same stealth-to-action ratio as MGS... alright, I'm sold! I guess...

Sojgat

It's not just a GTA clone. It's stealth systems are the most robust ever seen in an open world game, which is the reason I like it so much. There are still some forced open combat moments (mainly story and convoy missions), but stealth is a viable option a lot of the time.

Depending on the mission type, you can blast everybody, stealth your way through without touching anyone, or hack objectives remotely without ever entering the area.

When you have to engage in combat, the gunplay and cover mechanics are also some of the best seen in an open world game, far superior to those in any GTA game.

valkyre

The drinking game is a sadistic brain clusterfuck and I hope whoever had the idea of creating it and on top of that assigning a BRONZE trophy to it, to have a public beating/lashing.

This is downright sick and pathetic.

And yes I have plat a lot of hard games and I love a good fun and honest challenge, but this is not good, it is not fun and most importantly not honest. Fuck this shit. It has to be patched.

Kuldar

Yeah I thought I would be able to do it, but the Loop one is way too hard for me. The 0.1% who got the trophy are monsters.

The drinking game is a sadistic brain clusterfuck and I hope whoever had the idea of creating it and on top of that assigning a BRONZE trophy to it, to have a public beating/lashing.

This is downright sick and pathetic.

And yes I have plat a lot of hard games and I love a good fun and honest challenge, but this is not good, it is not fun and most importantly not honest. Fuck this shit. It has to be patched.

You're not forced to get trophies. If it's not fun, do something else

valkyre

You're not forced to get trophies

you don't say?

No one forces me to 100% complete a game as well
No one forces me to do main missions as well

hell..

No one forces me to open my PS4 altogether!

I guess we should never complain about anything regarding our hobby, because we are not being forced to play games.

Am I right?

The game as I have said is very good. But the drinking game is retarded. And should be patched. Not because it is hard. But because it is retarded. Completionists be ware.

Just finished and am sitting through the credits. They are Ubisoft credits, so I'm gonna be here a while.

Story ramps up by the end and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Feels like an ending you'd find in a linear game, if that makes sense.

Does anybody else have problems with Xbox One and Online Decryption mode? I drop to 5 fps after about ten minutes. It's unplayable.
On ps4 it hovers between 25 and 30 fps when playing online decryption. It is locked 30 fps when I am not playing online decryption though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The season pass is broken for me. It's not unlocking most of the dlc apart from 2 outfits which keep changing between saves.

First it will load only the Untouchables contents but then if I reboot the game its gone and only then replaced by the Chicago South Club.

Does anyone know how to fix this so I can use any of the 5 outfits? I'm on XB1.

Carbonox

They definitely need to patch the drinking game trophy and the 'getting tailed 5 times' trophy if possible. The former, I don't understand why there are so many rounds per level either. It's absurd and takes forever, regardless of the actual difficulty of each round.

I bet the suggestion that you must be drunk in real life to succeed at this minigame will work.

Some dude flying an RC Plane.

i0ACZWeTzNMIC.jpg

Shoot it down. Kill the guy controlling it.

02f26f5cd1680632450a1809b7bade47cacc8abdb77ab5b509ded7a971b6da06.jpg

Andrew.

Banned
They definitely need to patch the drinking game trophy and the 'getting tailed 5 times' trophy if possible. The former, I don't understand why there are so many rounds per level either. It's absurd and takes forever, regardless of the actual difficulty of each round.

I bet the suggestion that you must be drunk in real life to succeed at this minigame will work.

It does. Too long and boring of a mini game though and altogether not worth it for a pathetic bronze.

murgo

It does. Too long and boring of a mini game though and altogether not worth it for a pathetic bronze.

Gotta agree with you guys, FUCK this shit. Lvl 10 at the loop guy is such a goddamn pain in the ass. What the hell where they thinking?

edit: Finally did it. Pawnee and Wards drinking games left... :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oba2kukcgz8
So that's an invasion I did earlier. Do people just not see you when you hide in a car? They ran past me a whole bunch.

You can't scan with your phone if you're 'hiding' in the cars so they have to know to physically go up to it and look for a person inside. It's really a beginner mistake to not scan manually all parked cars. I literally hid in a car on a freeway and this guy let me hack him to 100% because he didn't know.

It's a great move to make.

LNBL

Man Watch dogs. Does anyone else just not feel the urge to play this game at times, like you would have with GTA for example?

kazebyaka

Banned
Man Watch dogs. Does anyone else just not feel the urge to play this game at times, like you would have with GTA for example?
I played 55 hours in the span of 5 days. Dunno what you are talking about.

Just finished and am sitting through the credits. They are Ubisoft credits, so I'm gonna be here a while.

Story ramps up by the end and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Feels like an ending you'd find in a linear game, if that makes sense.
You can skip credits

leng jai

How anyone can have the urge to play GTA all the time with those clunky controls is beyond me. Watch Dogs is infinitely more "playable".

gossi

I think the stealth in this game is just fantastic. I've been able to come up with crazy combos using the cameras, hacking etc. Even doing things like taking out all the enemies in an area using IEDs, exploding phones etc is fun.

WITHE1982

Amazing. Reminds me of the heist in Heat.

I'm just starting out playing online. Any recommendations with upgrades? Does focus work online? I'm guessing not as it would just not be practical.

I'm on PS4 and also having lots of issues saving gameplay since the 1.70 update. Only seems to work when it feels like it. Missed out on some great stuff because of it.

*Oh my God I can finally post on GAF.
L36OGbn.gif

I just finished the campaign with most side quests done too (except a few digital trips, collectibles and an exclusive contract.) Spoilery thoughts to follow...

The story is still a wash with no real pay-off from the most interesting characters (Campaign nitpicks:
Chin disappearing for several acts and then appearing to betray you didn't really register, Clara's redemption by getting shot at the cemetary made no sense. Also, where's Maurice?
)

They obviously want you to feel this was Aiden's origin story of becoming a cyber Batman, but nah... not buying it. He starts off as a angry douche and ends as an angsty douche. I'm really hoping for a new hero in the sequel (
Jackson Pearce?
) I'm also curious if
DEADSEC will become more of a factor in light of Aiden flipping them the bird

Having said that, the last act had some beautifully epic moments (
ctOS going haywire and finally crashing
) that only work because this is an open world game - a great match of narrative and gameplay mechanics.

I'm not sure why this game's graphics and mechanics are under a microscope by the press and GAF while games like GTA and Skyrim get a free pass and raving reviews.

Tiberius

I just finished the campaign with most side quests done too (except a few digital trips, collectibles and an exclusive contract.) Spoilery thoughts to follow...

The story is still a wash with no real pay-off from the most interesting characters (Campaign nitpicks:
Chin disappearing for several acts and then appearing to betray you didn't really register, Clara's redemption by getting shot at the cemetary made no sense. Also, where's Maurice?
)

They obviously want you to feel this was Aiden's origin story of becoming a cyber Batman, but nah... not buying it. He starts off as a angry douche and ends as an angsty douche. I'm really hoping for a new hero in the sequel (
Jackson Pearce?
) I'm also curious if
DEADSEC will become more of a factor in light of Aiden flipping them the bird

Having said that, the last act had some beautifully epic moments (
ctOS going haywire and finally crashing
) that only work because this is an open world game - a great match of narrative and gameplay mechanics.

I'm not sure why this game's graphics and mechanics are under a microscope by the press and GAF while games like GTA and Skyrim get a free pass and raving reviews.
at the end of the credits you have the choice to kill or spare maurice

Top Bottom