• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Carbonox

YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEES! FUCK YES! FUCK YOU, UGLY MAN! Fuck you and your conspiracy theories and your bullshit and your stupid hat and FUCK YOU :D:D

2014-06-02%2017.18.05.jpg

Boy am I glad I NEVER have to do this shit again. NEVER!

I just shot him. He's dead. Deservedly so!

1377562052568.gif

You hero and scholar.

murgo

I'm up to level 4 or 5 and it isn't too bad yet.

There's 3 different guys. The one in the Wards in the HipHop club is easy as pie, the one in the loop is quite difficult. The third guy in Pawnee will make you wanna pulverize your goddamn controller.

I don't know how I did it, but I really do feel like a hero now :)

dex3108

I had awesome tailing mission where guy/girl was passing constantly by me without noticing anything and stupid ShadowPlay broke when i wanted to record it.

Lanrutcon

Would pay for infinite convoy/gang hideouts.

Nothing quite like creating a barricade with parked cars and then going Desperado on a convoy with a grenade gun.

pahamrick

I kinda feel bad for what I just did to this one guy who was tailing. I'm just wandering about and messing around when I hop off my bike and turn around just in time to see someone in a car slam on the breaks and pull off to the side of the road.

Well, whipped out my destroyer sniper and popped the fella through the windshield. Tail failed at 98%.

Sorry, whoever you were.

breakfuss

YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEES! FUCK YES! FUCK YOU, UGLY MAN! Fuck you and your conspiracy theories and your bullshit and your stupid hat and FUCK YOU :D:D

2014-06-02%2017.18.05.jpg

Boy am I glad I NEVER have to do this shit again. NEVER!

I just shot him. He's dead. Deservedly so!

Nice! How did you manage a photo with the trophy notification, though? Doesn't it only last a few seconds at best?

I kinda feel bad for what I just did to this one guy who was tailing. I'm just wandering about and messing around when I hop off my bike and turn around just in time to see someone in a car slam on the breaks and pull off to the side of the road.

Well, whipped out my destroyer sniper and popped the fella through the windshield. Tail failed at 98%.

Sorry, whoever you were.

b..but..but what about your 'Traced' trophy?

pahamrick

b..but..but what about your 'Traced' trophy?

Well, playing the PC version so I'm not too worried about Uplay achievements. That being said, I've gotten a few hackers at 0% that way too. I really need to get FRAPs or something for recording, some of my successful and not so successful encounters have been record worthy.

breakfuss

Well, playing the PC version so I'm not too worried about Uplay achievements. That being said, I've gotten a few hackers at 0% that way too. I really need to get FRAPs or something for recording, some of my successful and not so successful encounters have been record worthy.

Yes! This is the first game I've played on PS4 where I have the urge to record. So many great moments. I managed to capture some races but didn't think to get any of the invasions at the time.

I took a screenshot, but since I don't have any USB sticks at hand I took a photo of said screenie.

Oh, duh. Makes sense. Haha, I was wondering if you had your camera always at ready or something.

Xyber

If you have a Nvidia GPU from the 600 series or up you can use shadowplay. It constantly records up to 20 minutes of gameplay. Whenever you do something cool, just press a button to save the file.

That's how I captured a random moment like this without having to think about HDD space for recording all the time with fraps or something. It's also 60fps, which is great if you want to make a webm like my file.
http://a.pomf.se/zbcvvu.webm

Right now the game feels like a well executed stealth GTA to me, which isn't a bad thing. The AI has been a big disappointment though. Also the mini games are fun, but it unsettles the tone set by the main story.

With GTA they tie the mini games to the satire, and this while the game has an explanation, is super duper big leap in logic. "Technology makes me feel like I'm on acid, so kill everything as a robot spider."

Still fun, but little things like that are coming to surface.

There's 3 different guys. The one in the Wards in the HipHop club is easy as pie, the one in the loop is quite difficult. The third guy in Pawnee will make you wanna pulverize your goddamn controller.

I don't know how I did it, but I really do feel like a hero now :)

Damn. I only tried the guy at the Unicorn & Dragon Club in the Wards. Thought it was pretty easy to get to Level 5 and unlock that shotgun. Had no idea I accidentally picked the easiest opponent.

pahamrick

If you have a Nvidia GPU from the 600 series or up you can use shadowplay. It constantly records up to 20 minutes of gameplay. Whenever you do something cool, just press a button to save the file.

That's how I captured a random moment like this without having to think about HDD space for recording all the time with fraps or something. It's also 60fps, which is great if you want to make a webm like my file.
http://a.pomf.se/zbcvvu.webm

Sadly, I'm stuck with AMD until I upgrade.

Andrew.

Banned
I only need two more songs for the Song Sneak app and I hope that they're given to you automatically like what happens with C.R.E.A.M..

Also, I only need four more convoys and they havent popped up yet. Im in Act 3 so hopefully they show up due to story progression.

Is there any way to get on top of buildings short of lucky car jumps or specific predefined climbing areas? I take it there aren't helicopters that Aiden can use.

Zakalwe

Banned
Right now the game feels like a well executed stealth GTA to me, which isn't a bad thing. The AI has been a big disappointment though. Also the mini games are fun, but it unsettles the tone set by the main story.

With GTA they tie the mini games to the satire, and this while the game has an explanation, is super duper big leap in logic. "Technology makes me feel like I'm on acid, so kill everything as a robot spider."

Still fun, but little things like that are coming to surface.

I don't understand why a virtual reality game needs a massive leap.

Aiden needs to blow off steam too, and I'd imagine he probably played a fair few video games in his yoof.

Literally was the first thing I did before I even popped in the disk. Big difference.

Why would you turn this on? It should be your standard setting when playing vidya games.

There is more than 40 fixer contracts DukeBobby.

Im on a 52 inch LCD not a computer monitor, but I noticed a huge difference. Colors were no longer washed out. I did have to raise the brightness levels on my TV though. Because I do get some crushed blacks.

carlsojo

Convoy missions are basically like the scene in the Dark Knight where the Joker is trying to assault the police convoy... even moreso since it was filmed in Chicago. ... And I love it.

Bittercup

This game is so beautiful. I made a WebM of one of my favourite moments of the game:
http://a.pomf.se/bxosfl.webm
Just to be safe, I made this during Chapter 2 Mission 5 therefore the nice music in the background, which I think only plays during this mission but there are no story/gameplay/location spoilers. Just me walking around :)
I hope the quality is fine. It's my second try on a WebM

Lima

Im on a 52 inch LCD not a computer monitor, but I noticed a huge difference. Colors were no longer washed out. I did have to raise the brightness levels on my TV though. Because I do get some crushed blacks.

Then your TV is not expecting FULL RGB. Make sure it supports it. You shouldn't have to raise the brightness.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
lmao at everyone hating the drinking game! I haven't even tried it.

It'd be ok if it wasn't such a slow mini-game - you have to sit through these interminable lines by the NPC between every drink and it just makes the game just take much longer than it has to (and it makes repeats, which you will have to do on some of the harder levels, a real pain in the ass).

kiguel182

This game is so beautiful. I made a WebM of one of my favourite moments of the game:
Just to be safe, I made this during Chapter 2 Mission 5 therefore the nice music in the background, which I think only plays during this mission but there are no story/gameplay/location spoilers. Just me walking around :)

loved this location too. Took tons of screenshots.

SJRB

Gold Member

Really loved this part too. The awesome music also adds a ton to the experience.

Shadownet

Banned
Gotta agree with you guys, FUCK this shit. Lvl 10 at the loop guy is such a goddamn pain in the ass. What the hell where they thinking?

edit: Finally did it. Pawnee and Wards drinking games left... :/

Pawnee is the hardest one. The difficulty is vamped up considerably.

Prepare to get own by a redneck conspiracy nutcase.

They need to patch it so that its less challenging, and you only need 5 levels of each to get the trophy. Cause 10 of each is BS.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Act II - late mission question:
Is it possible to stealth kill the guys in the car dealership? I was only able to get through that mission by grenading everyone to hell and back (which ended up destroying the purple car). I noticed while respawning that Aiden will show up at the gentleman's club in the purple car though, so I think there might be a more stealthy way to win this mission.

Anyone else rocking the Steelwork outfit? The boots and the dirty coat, makes him look like a hobo.

I love the Laundry Day outfit. He looks like such a slob.

Double D

Is it possible to stealth kill the guys in the car dealership? I was only able to get through that mission by grenading everyone to hell and back (which ended up destroying the purple car). I noticed while respawning that Aiden will show up at the gentleman's club in the purple car though, so I think there might be a more stealthy way to win this mission.

I didn't do it stealthy, but here's what I did.
I noticed early on that any alert causes the dude to jump in his car and flee. So I placed a proximity IED right outside the building where his car travels. Then I just fired a single shot at the building. He flees, explodes, I hack and somehow end up with the destroyed car.

Remember blackout is your friend man. Believe I just blacked the place out, knocked him out/hacked his phone too? then walked back out.

pahamrick

I'm sure it's possible, I tried about 4 times and couldn't pull it off however. The closest I got was using the Spec Ops Goblin + focus to kill the guards on one side of the show room, but I still got spotted causing the guy to jump in the car and flee.

Finally I just laid a proximity IED in the path of the car when he tries to flee and fired a few rounds through the window to make him flee and blow himself up.

Remember blackout is your friend man. Believe I just blacked the place out, knocked him out/hacked his phone too? then walked back out.

Man. I didn't have blackout at the time. Now I know what I'm going to do for my second story play through.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

Ooh, that's good! I keep on forgetting I can use black out. Question though - if
you go in non-lethally, I assume the cutscenes and the rest of the game still considers Aiden as having killed the enemies in the car dealership, right?

Then your TV is not expecting FULL RGB. Make sure it supports it. You shouldn't have to raise the brightness.

My Tv does not support it, but everything looks so much better with it set to full. Except that I do get crushed blacks.

Should I set it to limited and concentrate on correct calibration under those settings so the color pops more, and they don't wash out?

Top Bottom