• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Man. I didn't have blackout at the time. Now I know what I'm going to do for my second story play through.

Ooh, that's good! I keep on forgetting I can use black out.

Haha, honestly guys, bear in mind for ANY mission that takes place at night, blackout will render you completely invisible to a)takeout guards stealthily, or b)completely bypass them unspotted. I use dit a lot too when navigating the exterior of
Iraq's place, fremont-rossi I think it's called?
in act 3.

hbkdx12

Convoy missions are basically like the scene in the Dark Knight where the Joker is trying to assault the police convoy... even moreso since it was filmed in Chicago. ... And I love it.
Anybody have an stories about how they've creatively taken these things down?

I've found a pretty functional way of handling it so far that offers me little trouble: Find a part of the path that has a steam pipe. if it says take down target then just blow the steam pipe when his car is over it, if it says knock down then blow the car in front of it and then nade the trailing cars and any reinforcements before they can get out.

It works but it seems so...boring? But anytime i try to be more creative, things backfire horribly haha.

There was one convoy where they were suppose to go over a bridge, so i wait at the bridge with the plan of raising it as they approach it so they have to stop. As they come down the street, i raise the bridge and they literally broke formation, turned around and went a different route. I thought something was glitched so i restarted and did it 2 more times and the same thing happened finally i just got the idea that the AI saw the bridge up and said fuck it we're going a different way. Kind of cool if not a lil annoying haha

Anyone else rocking the Steelwork outfit? The boots and the dirty coat, makes him look like a hobo.

I been rocking my "Alone" outfit as of late. It's so simple.

Remember blackout is your friend man. Believe I just blacked the place out, knocked him out/hacked his phone too? then walked back out.

Yeah blackout is the ultimate tool for a stealthy non lethal playthrough. Every time the game tried to force me into a generic seeming shooting gallery I was just like Nope, blackout, run away.
Definitely how I got to the guy in the car dealership
. Barely used a gun my entire run through the game.

Bsigg12

Like your bridge story, I set a trap on one that had the bridge that raises entirely and doesn't split in 2. I got a big packing truck and blocked off about 3/4th of the way across the bridge and laid down a bunch of IEDs. They rolled up, I blew the IEDs, I busted out a sniper rifle and cleaned up the mess. It was pretty fun to actually execute the takedown with an actual plan.

pahamrick

Remember blackout is your friend man. Believe I just blacked the place out, knocked him out/hacked his phone too? then walked back out.

I've found a pretty functional way of handling it so far that offers me little trouble: Find a part of the path that has a steam pipe. if it says take down target then just blow the steam pipe when his car is over it, if it says knock down then blow the car in front of it and then nade the trailing cars and any reinforcements before they can get out.

It works but it seems so...boring? But anytime i try to be more creative, things backfire horribly haha.

There was one convoy where they were suppose to go over a bridge, so i wait at the bridge with the plan of raising it as they approach it so they have to stop. As they come down the street, i raise the bridge and they literally broke formation, turned around and went a different route. I thought something was glitched so i restarted and did it 2 more times and the same thing happened finally i just got the idea that the AI saw the bridge up and said fuck it we're going a different way. Kind of cool if not a lil annoying haha

I been rocking my "Alone" outfit as of late. It's so simple.

I'll be honest, when I was working to unlock the destroyer sniper I was getting tired of them so I started cheesing them after the first five or so by just pulling up infront of the convoy, using the grenade launcher and just clearing them out. The only one that offered any amusement was one of the ones where you could only knock the targets out instead of killing them.

I failed a couple times, on one restart I jacked a truck that was passing by and the driver called the cops. So by the time I've reached the convoy I've got cops chasing, so I slam the truck into the main car to stop them. Proceeded to witness a Jordi moment where the cops and baddies just mowed each other down, allowing me time to sneak out from behind the cars I was hiding and knock down the target and get away.

ButchCat

I absolutely love this outfit.
UtXDnv6l.jpg

W3wIyDAl.jpg

D5UdmDxl.jpg

Denton

Where do you get it?

+ Is anyone else having problems searching for players to hack on ps4 today?

I got it with uplay deluxe PC version on origin for 28 bucks. The outfit rocks, so happy I preordered it there.

And still amazed at this game. So good looking, so well playing, so enjoyable.

ButchCat

Where do you get it?

+ Is anyone else having problems searching for players to hack on ps4 today?

Still haven't been able to get it even tho I have the season pass installed...can't figure out where to download it ಥ_ಥ

I got it with the season pass under the Club Justice Pack from the EU store. It was one of the two DLCs that were available right off the bat. I was desperate for the mobster outfit which has yet to unlock but I think I like this one more now.

Edit:
that's what I'm talking about. chicago south master race
*Fist bumps*

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So does anyone else feel uneasy when they hack the bank account of an NPC whose listed income is like $20k? I like to think the $1k I just walked away with has ruined that person's life.

Edit: Hoping that these victims have a proper bank with proper insurance.

Alchemist

Is it bad that I could care less about Aiden's nephew? Act II spoiler:
Completely forgot about him until the therapist just called to say he's gone missing again.

Kuldar

Do we find some of the collectible songs during the main story? (i'm at the part 2 of act 3)

So does anyone else feel uneasy when they hack the bank account of an NPC whose listed income is like $20k? I like to think the $1k I just walked away with has ruined that person's life.

I only hack people with income higher than $100k and without desease or other things like that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I don't hack any bank accounts for cash at all.

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone else have this weird geometry bug when using medium detail?

For comparison, exact same spot when using high detail.

Follow the config tweak link I posted above.

It explains this: medium textures reduce model and geometry detail. I guess this is a glitch with the way it scales back or something.

RyudBoy

No, instead I just kill them after hacking their account. /s

It's just a game, have fun.

murgo

Pawnee is the hardest one. The difficulty is vamped up considerably.

Prepare to get own by a redneck conspiracy nutcase.

They need to patch it so that its less challenging, and you only need 5 levels of each to get the trophy. Cause 10 of each is BS.

Already beat them all :)

GulAtiCa

I wonder if it's a bug that any car you drive will instantly stop completely no matter how fast you drive when you open the menu and someone is in your game.

I always seem to be invaded 2 minutes after I've just finished invading someone else. So I've got into the habit of bating and waiting now. Checking with quick pauses and 'bullet time' spam to see if someone is around or not.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Is it bad that I could care less about Aiden's nephew? Act II spoiler:
Completely forgot about him until the therapist just called to say he's gone missing again.

No. Aiden is basically a take-no-prisoners, by any means necessary asshole (reminds me of Liam Neeson in Taken) and Ubi writes him as such. You're not playing a nice guy and the game is so much more fun once you stop trying to play him as a nice guy. I think he's less pissed off that they killed his niece than that someone ordered a hit on him.

EDIT: This is not to say that I wouldn't appreciate the chance to play him as a total white hat/no kill sort of guy. But that's not how he's written. I really hope Ubi focuses on non-lethal and stealth in the sequel - it's just so much more fun when you have to take out your enemies without killing them.

SJRB

Gold Member
Act II - late mission question:
Is it possible to stealth kill the guys in the car dealership? I was only able to get through that mission by grenading everyone to hell and back (which ended up destroying the purple car). I noticed while respawning that Aiden will show up at the gentleman's club in the purple car though, so I think there might be a more stealthy way to win this mission.

That's the only mission so far that had some AI quirks. Must've tried stealthing that at least 15 times but enemies went in alert everytime for no real reason. My solution: jump over the fence right outside, it somehow triggers the target to come and investigate. Shoot him in the fucking head when he's outside, hack his phone and bail.

Be advised though, the bag in the room where he is contains a rare item that's worth about 2000 bucks. It's totally not worth the hassle.

I absolutely love this outfit.

Until you learn what the symbol represents, haha.

Jolkien

Welp, no platinum for me. I'm at 7/7 missing person and the Darkness Looms trophy did not pop. The star is higlighted in the completion circle meaning I should've gotten it. Such a shame :(

Relly

Banned

I haven't gotten that problem, thankfully.. But my fps seems to dip into the single digits after doing something that causes the game to autosave (ps4) it lasts about 5 seconds.. This literally started happening after official launch day. I've been playing 5 days before launch, and it never happened.

Does anyone else's game dip to unplayable levels when auto saving (after a mission, side mission, online hacking, etc) ?

mid83

So I've been putting some mean hours into Watch_Dogs since I got off work Sunday morning. I picked up the game Wednesday night last week and just had an hour or so to play around before my work schedule wouldn't let me play again until Sunday. I honestly wasn't feeling it at first and was disappointed in terms of first impressions. This was a complete opposite of Wolfenstein, which I went into with pretty low expectations and was blown away nearly from the first moment I started.

Now that I've had some time to put into the game, I'm loving it. No, it's not the most original and unique game out there. It has a similar feel to AC games for sure and other open world games like GTA (with less freedom which does suck sometimes), but I think it's well done. I've having a great time knocking out side missions right now and hopefully I can do a pretty much straight story run once I finish the side content I'm interested in.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I haven't gotten that problem, thankfully.. But my fps seems to dip into the single digits after doing something that causes the game to autosave (ps4) it lasts about 5 seconds.. This literally started happening after official launch day. I've been playing 5 days before launch, and it never happened.

Does anyone else's game dip to unplayable levels when auto saving (after a mission, side mission, online hacking, etc) ?

Doesn't dip for me. I rarely even realize that it is saving.

It wouldn't suck if I could have multiple saves, though. Ubi, why doesn't this game allow multiple saves?

My biggest complaint, and I'm sure this had been stated many times, is the total lack of melee. How frustrating. I want to have melee weapons and use my fists.

Lakitu

st5fu
Oh my god, these
Nicky-centric missions in act 4 are all kinds of shit!
Just trial and error crap...
get caught by the police, okay, let's start the mission over again and she is whiny as hell. Please stop.

So after reading the stories about the drinking games and the social lubricant trophy I decided to finally give the games a try.

Started at the hiphop bar and found it easy, breezed through all 10 rounds only failing a couple times. After that I made my way downtown and although I failed several times, it wasn't too difficult. Now I'm in Pawnee, round 6 and I'm ready to give up, this is ridiculous.

I've been searching everywhere.... can't find the last song :S

According to the list it's ''Dance'' by Mickey
Who the fuck is Mickey ? Which genre of music ? All I can find is Mickey mouse LOL

Any advice on finding this song location ?

Top Bottom