• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

zlatko

Banned
So more time with the game for more solid impressions.

*LOVE this game. Favorite PS4 game. Favorite game in god know's how long*

That said it has flaws, and the majority of games I adore do. The matchmaking for online is atrocious, and not being able to group up with a friend before I go into decryption was not well thought out. The maps for the online game types are too car getaways focused as well.

The single player content I have zero issues with. After Assassin's Creed 4 I feared it would be way more tedious and repetitive, and what was there would be idiotic to do. Nope. Love the mini games, trips, story, outfits, gunplay, listening to music, vehicles, etc. What I don't like is the fixer quests so I don't bother with them. It isn't so much car handling as I just find it dull or frustrating. Maybe a combination of the two.

------------------------

Question:

When doing missions that have gangs, baddies, etc is it more in my benefit to kill them? I have done full sneaks without being caught, but it seems you get less experience for that. Since you can head shot, blow up, melee take down, etc enemies for more points.

I'd hate to continue the GTA comparison, but it's hard not to. Anyway I drove by some prostitutes in-game and hoped that I could pick them up. Weird thing to ask for in a game lol. But it's all the stupid details that I feel like this game is missing.

I'd hate to continue the GTA comparison, but it's hard not to. Anyway I drove by some prostitutes in-game and hoped that I could pick them up. Weird thing to ask for in a game lol. But it's all the stupid details that I feel like this game is missing.

Yeah but be honest here, unless you're into that sort of thing in a game. How many times in the whole GTA series did you actually pick up a prostitute? Once per game? Maybe twice?

SJRB

Gold Member
What's the real-life equivalent of that one ingame muscle car with the awesome engine noise? There are two muscle cars, the one I'm talking about usually has two racing stripes on the hood/roof and a distinct filler cap on the back left side.

fake edit: fuck it, this is what screenshots are for.

rGsVehj.jpg

T0YAHOe.jpg

This one.

That's the only mission so far that had some AI quirks. Must've tried stealthing that at least 15 times but enemies went in alert everytime for no real reason. My solution: jump over the fence right outside, it somehow triggers the target to come and investigate. Shoot him in the fucking head when he's outside, hack his phone and bail.

Be advised though, the bag in the room where he is contains a rare item that's worth about 2000 bucks. It's totally not worth the hassle.

Like a few of us said man, blackout! No need to kill anyone, no AI alert when they can't see you :)

GavinUK86

I have to agree, the Chicago South Club outfit is by far the best in the game. They should of used it as the default one, just alter the logo on the back a bit.

watch_dogs_2014_06_02_21_18_35_279_by_gavinuk86-d7krrdj.png

julrik

What's the real-life equivalent of that one ingame muscle car with the awesome engine noise? There are two muscle cars, the one I'm talking about usually has two racing stripes on the hood/roof and a distinct filler cap on the back left side.
Dodge Challenger/Chevrolet Camaro is my guess.

Kyle549

Random question - but do the trains run on a regular schedule? I was at an elevated subway station in the Wards during one of the first gang missions and the train never passed through.

Lizardus

fake edit: fuck it, this is what screenshots are for.

rGsVehj.jpg

T0YAHOe.jpg

This one.

It's a Camaro.

Anyone know a way to "disable" the online part of the game without resetting your notoriety? I would like to explore the world without getting invaded constantly.

Zukuu

Banned
Fuck this game. After 2 hours of tedious gameplay I uninstalled it. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to not only force you to ESCAPE the police, but stay out of those fucking, impossible to dodge yellow scan whatever. I tried to deliver that fucking car 20(!) times and those yellow circles always expand too fast after a while, move and/or spawn on me (in particular ON the fucking finish spot). Biggest waste of money in a while.

Andrew.

Banned
Fuck this game. After 2 hours of tedious gameplay I uninstalled it. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to not only force you to ESCAPE the police, but stay out of those fucking, impossible to dodge yellow scan whatever. I tried to deliver that fucking car 20(!) times and those yellow circles always expand too fast after a while, move and/or spawn on me (in particular ON the fucking finish spot). Biggest waste of money in a while.

Why didn't you use Jam Coms? That's what they're for: To get out of the fucking, impossible to dodge yellow scan whatevers.

And if you cant build them yet, build up your skill points until you can from the Crafting menu, collect security keys from peds, build some and then go beat the mission. It aint that hard.

Garages, use them

So I've just installed the free Uplay version I got with my GTX780 to get some free Uplay DLC and now I can't load my saves. Great move Ubi. Even pirated versions are save-compatible.

murgo

Wat? Escaping the yellow circles is easy as shit!?

DukeBobby

Fuck me, the fixer contract 'Deliverance' in Pawnee was a complete pain in the ass.

There's a million guys chasing you who can knock you off the bike really easily, and I could never get back to it without getting shot or time running out.

I managed to get away eventually, though.

Shadownet

Banned
So after reading the stories about the drinking games and the social lubricant trophy I decided to finally give the games a try.

Started at the hiphop bar and found it easy, breezed through all 10 rounds only failing a couple times. After that I made my way downtown and although I failed several times, it wasn't too difficult. Now I'm in Pawnee, round 6 and I'm ready to give up, this is ridiculous.

That's where I'm stuck at too. Level 6. I seriously hope UniSoft patch this or I'll never get to platinum it.

So when exactly in the year is this game supposed to take place?

I ask because Aiden is bundled up as shit, but the daytime lighting is really bright and sun-drenched (which is, at least in my experience, a little odd for most parts of the year in Chicago). Most of the other main characters aren't dressed in as many layers (Nicky and Clara both wear short sleeves with open necklines, Jacks wears jeans and a t shirt, Jordi wears a cheap suit) either.

Is the character design just inconsistent, or is the game supposed to be set in the middle of the summer?

I ask because Aiden is bundled up as shit, but the daytime lighting is really bright and sun-drenched (which is, at least in my experience, a little odd for most parts of the year in Chicago). Most of the other main characters aren't dressed in as many layers (Nicky and Clara both wear short sleeves with open necklines, Jacks wears jeans and a t shirt, Jordi wears a cheap suit) either.

Is the character design just inconsistent, or is the game supposed to be set in the middle of the summer?

Fall. I remember someone saying that there were conversation they heard with Christmas and Thanksgiving in them?

aro52

Probably Fall/Autumn, with the trees changing colors:

Cth

So, if you escape to the sea the cops can't touch you. You just have to worry about the helicopter. That's dumb.

Pretty much, never had an issue with cops if I'm near the sea.

One time, I hopped on a docked boat that had an overhead covering and hid there waiting for a shoot out.

Cops gave up trying to find me. So hiding works too.

w00zey

See to me I am glad this game doesn't have "details" like that. That to me doesn't make the game more complete. Just like I don't care that you can't hit pedestrians with melee. Then again, who am I.

hydruxo

But even the helicopters are easy to evade. Just use focus and disable it for 15 or 30 seconds and speed off then hide. I haven't really had much trouble evading cops in this game at all. There's a ton of options to help you get away.

Andrew.

Banned

Fall/Autumn like others were saying. I heard an NPC mention Christmas was approaching and when I went into a gun shop, the TV behind the register was displaying the weather and it was in the low 50's.

And Ubi isnt going to patch the drinking game for the sake of trophy whores. If anything, they need to patch in an option to replay completed story missions.

Kuldar

Yeah, I've tried a few more times since posting and it's not happening, it's not even remotely fun and it's ridiculously difficult.
Pretty much, I hope Ubisoft will patch it. This difficulty is inconsistent with all other parts of the game.

And Ubi isnt going to patch the drinking game for the sake of trophy whores. If anything, they need to patch in an option to replay completed story missions.
I don't give a shit about trophy. The requierement for the 100% completion is inconsistent with what is asked with all other mini-games. Everything is pretty easy with only this one that is insanely difficult.

Caode

All of a sudden the game has just stopped giving me trophies, anyone else had any similar problems? I've 'earned' 3 in the past half hour and not a single one of them popped.

Edit: Nevermind, only took them 35 minutes to pop, had to earn another trophy to get them to pop.

Andrew.

Banned
Pause when he's done and you'll see the ball. Turn up the brightness if you have to.

This didnt work for me, so I ended up taking my nuts out of my purse and finishing it normally. It isnt hard once you realize that starting on the 2nd and 3rd rounds he starts moving the ball to another cup while switching them around.

Joeki11a

Banned
What exactly changes with the difficulty settings?, also is this game like infamous where it has 2 endings depending on reputation?.

I hate the shell game in this so much.

Tip - The only time the ball switches cups is when you see it. Keep an eye on the cup you start with. If the ball flashes in your vision, immediately change focus to the other cup and stick to it.

If you lose the ball, you can find it again using this same method.

If this is the early single player mission, I'm pretty sure the game gifts you a Jam Coms or two in order to help evade the police. The point of that mission is to teach you about the Hide in Car and Jam Coms options - it's not always about outrunning the police (like in GTA), you have options to hide as well.

is this game like infamous where it has 2 endings depending on reputation?.

Reputation only changes gameplay (how citizens react to you), not story.

Tip - The only time the ball switches cups is when you see it. Keep an eye on the cup you start with. If the ball flashes in your vision, immediately change focus to the other cup and stick to it.

If you lose the ball, you can find it again using this same method.

We can headshot six guys in focus mode but a big nope on following a tiny ball around...

Setsuna

Why you gotta disrepect my man jordi like that

This didnt work for me, so I ended up taking my nuts out of my purse and finishing it normally. It isnt hard once you realize that starting on the 2nd and 3rd rounds he starts moving the ball to another cup while switching them around.

I tried to do it without using the cheat method, and I was mostly successful. But I really struggled when the time of day changed. It was damn hard to see the ball move between cups around dusk and at night.

Hoodbury

But even the helicopters are easy to evade. Just use focus and disable it for 15 or 30 seconds and speed off then hide. I haven't really had much trouble evading cops in this game at all. There's a ton of options to help you get away.

I haven't had any issues either. All I do is drive relatively slow past things I can hack that would take out the cop cars. Once you take out all the cop cars following you then you can speed off out of the light gray circle.

If you have a heli after you, first take out all of the cop cars following you doing what I said above and then go as fast as you can. For some reason heli's are pretty slow and can't keep up with you.

I never have to jump in water or anything like that. Just drive slow and wait for the indicator to bust up the cars with steam pipes, blockers, etc. I never use focus either while driving, I don't get the need for it. Just press the hack button when the indicator comes up. You don't need focus for that.

hydruxo

I haven't had any issues either. All I do is drive relatively slow past things I can hack that would take out the cop cars. Once you take out all the cop cars following you then you can speed off out of the light gray circle.

If you have a heli after you, first take out all of the cop cars following you doing what I said above and then go as fast as you can. For some reason heli's are pretty slow and can't keep up with you.

I never have to jump in water or anything like that. Just drive slow and wait for the indicator to bust up the cars with steam pipes, blockers, etc. I never use focus either while driving, I don't get the need for it. Just press the hack button when the indicator comes up. You don't need focus for that.

Only time I've used focus while driving was in a hectic car chase when I don't really have the time to turn around and hack the helis. Focus helps slow down enough to hack them and then turn focus off and speed away.

Shadownet

Banned
If anyone is playing on PS4 and having trouble with the cups game. I use the record function and recorded the entire thing whenever he does his trick. After he's done, pause the game. And go back watch it in slow motion. That's how I was able to see when the ball move to another cup and keep track of the right cup.

Still no trick to beating the drinking game. Its pretty much 60-70% luck.

Top Bottom