• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I cant see this right now but I'm curious. How does it compare visually to GTA V?

I'd say GTAV is a bit better. Only because Watch Dogs looks too, void of stuff in the streets? I'm not sure how to describe it, but it just has a lot of unoccupied open space on the sidewalks/street. Like it needs more cars driving around, or more garbage laying on the sidewalks. To not make it seem so abandoned. After that, the game looks beautiful. This is just the 360 version, so the PS4/XOne/PC versions probably look way better.

Soren01

Nice easter egg.

2014-05-2121_10_36-waqqutm.png

http://i2.minus.com/iuZ8YFuBpF7tp.png

Hahaha, beaten

Btw, looks very, very good.

woen

The game looks very good on 360, close to GTA V. The lighting at day is great too.

Also, little secret tag on a building :
WXX9afF.png

edit : crap, too slow

Nobody knows anything. It doesn't matter what the script writer says. You don't know for certain if he's being honest.
It's all still up in the air...

Why wouldn't he be honest ? He denied. That's all. No link between AC and WD. No conspiracy theory, but if you want to believe, no problem.

Shadders

I know this will have been asked a dozen times already, but what time is the review embargo up?

I can't remember the last time I sat waiting for reviews to come in like I am with this game. I've usually made my mind up on a purchase way ahead of launch.

I know this will have been asked a dozen times already, but what time is the review embargo up?

I can't remember the last time I sat waiting for reviews to come in like I am with this game. I've usually made my mind up on a purchase way ahead of launch.

Release day, so I presume midnight.

Just checked out the stream, kind of surprised. It looks quite a bit better than GTA V did on my 360, with similar levels of jank. The current gen version obviously doesn't look anywhere near what it should, but last gen seems to hold up pretty well.

murgo

Jeez, the stream dude has been trying to scan that QR code for what feels like HOURS. It's starting to get boring.

The game looks pretty nice for 360. I'm not worried about PS4 anymore.

Red Comet

So no more 25% off at GMG? I has sad.

I don't believe that code ever worked in the U.S. anyway. I got an email from GMG with the code, but I was never able to apply it to the NA edition of Watch_Dogs.

However, for anybody looking for a PC version discount in the U.S., you can get it for $48 at GameFly.com with code MAY20OFF. I don't know when that code will expire, but I just used it successfully last night.

Into

Watching the stream, it looks nice. I am a sucker for open world atmosphere, to me it just matters more than you would think

How big is the city? Compared to other vidya gaem cities? Vice City?

Matush

Watching the stream, it looks nice. I am a sucker for open world atmosphere, to me it just matters more than you would think

How big is the city? Compared to other vidya gaem cities? Vice City?
It's little bit bigger than Liberty City in GTA IV.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
For a 360 game the frame rate seems pretty good, I don't know where all this business of crappy graphics is coming from.

I don't believe that code ever worked in the U.S. anyway. I got an email from GMG with the code, but I was never able to apply it to the NA edition of Watch_Dogs.

However, for anybody looking for a PC version discount in the U.S., you can get it for $48 at GameFly.com with code MAY20OFF. I don't know when that code will expire, but I just used it successfully last night.

Awesome, thank you.

B4D1E

So...we know for sure that the stream is in fact the 360 version, right?

*Also: That comment section.

I was also wondering, but got reassured when he paused the game and saw the start button and not the typical menu button of the Xbox One. I'm dying to see what the Xbox One version looks like. Maybe I will be getting it tomorrow via my local store.

kiguel182

The game looks great for last gen. I remember people fearing that the last gen versions would run/look awful but it seems that's not the case. Great to see that.

TalonJH

It's fine, it now says "Channel shutting down" under the comments and I could ignore them anyway. Just my amazement of how stupid people are.

I was also wondering, but got reassured when he paused the game and saw the start button and not the typical menu button of the Xbox One. I'm dying to see what the Xbox One version looks like. Maybe I will be getting it tomorrow via my local store.

I'm preordered on PS4 but I would surprised if the XB1 didn't look mostly identical, minus the resolution difference.

Top Bottom