• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

PSN maintenance was happening today so i could not play online. I am halfway through Act 2 i am enjoying the story but so many side activities!

Codiox

Random question - but do the trains run on a regular schedule? I was at an elevated subway station in the Wards during one of the first gang missions and the train never passed through.

Nope, they never arrive when you waiting for it. Also there are bus stops but not ONE fucking Bus in this game...i dont get it how they can miss something like this..really. It really breaks the immersion for me.

Man, I'm trying to play this all sneaky like but they've really designed the encounters like it's GTA. Mass murdering rampage monster so doesn't fit this game.

Lakitu

st5fu
Do Fixer Contracts ever end? I've done the 40 to get the trophy but I really can't be bothered to do anymore. Shame we can't replay gang hideouts, they are better than Fixer and Criminal Convoy contracts.

ryan299

Anybody else think that money is pointless in this game?

I have like 300k and have no need for it. I have all the weapons I need. Paying for cars are pointless, especially when you can easily steal the nice ones. Not sure what else to do with my fortune.

Shadownet

Banned
Anybody else think that money is pointless in this game?

I have like 300k and have no need for it. I have all the weapons I need. Paying for cars are pointless, especially when you can easily steal the nice ones. Not sure what else to do with my fortune.

Give back to the community?

I assume most of the side stuff in Pawnee will be in the T-Bone dlc.
Ugh, I hate separate character DLC. Hopefully they don't go the AC4 route and have more actual DLC that isn't just that, otherwise I'm skeptical about the season pass. Anyway, here's a gif.
ibe6LVdjURmMSD.gif

soultron

Banned
Do Fixer Contracts ever end? I've done the 40 to get the trophy but I really can't be bothered to do anymore. Shame we can't replay gang hideouts, they are better than Fixer and Criminal Convoy contracts.

I think they'd run out of locations to do gang fights at. It takes a lot more time to set stuff like that up than it does to mark a route for the criminal convoy/fixer contract stuff, if I had to guess.

It'd really be fun to have the option to reset them with a NG+ option or something. Keep the skill points, but do them over again if you want for no reward if you've already beaten it.

Tola

Neo Member
If anyone is playing on PS4 and having trouble with the cups game. I use the record function and recorded the entire thing whenever he does his trick. After he's done, pause the game. And go back watch it in slow motion. That's how I was able to see when the ball move to another cup and keep track of the right cup.

Still no trick to beating the drinking game. Its pretty much 60-70% luck.

Found a trick on another forum for the shell game: If you pause when you're about to pick which cup the ball is under, you can see the ball through the cup. Cheap, but effective!

On the PC version, have the uPlay issues been resolved yet? Last week I wasn't able to log in and what little I did play, it wouldn't synchronize with the cloud for my save.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
On the PC version, have the uPlay issues been resolved yet? Last week I wasn't able to log in and what little I did play, it wouldn't synchronize with the cloud for my save.

Save for some disconnect issues with mp, I have had zero issues with Uplay at this point, either last week or this week. Kind of surprising to be honest.

TEH-CJ

Banned
This game sounds amazing on my new Sony Home theater. Magnetic fluid tech at put to good use.

the gun audio and reverb effects sound great. Not BF4 good but still pretty impressive.

Lizardus

I feel like I should have been able to kill him, especially with the last grenade that seems to go through the car. A good moment nonetheless, my heart was racing during the chase.

EDIT: full length not enocded, making it again

JB1981

So my PC would have run this game at Ultra settings 1080p 30+FPS. Why the hell did I buy this for PS4 (even though I must admit I AM happy with the performance)

MickeyPhree

Ps4 version.

I am one mission into act 2 and have mainly been doing all the side stuff. Completed all the fixer missions, qr codes, almost all the breaches, hot spots, privacy invasions.

I have done some of the other side missions like the weapons crates, burner phones etc but have not completed any of them. Problem is they are not showing up on the map. Do I need to progress father into the story to get the rest to show up?

Does anyone have any tips for the drinking game in Pawnee? It's getting on my nerves. I'm on level 6, centering the circles and it feels like I'm trying to stick two north poles of a magnet together.

Edit @ Sext0n. Yes you do.

Funny moment. I'm in the hobo camp and I hear a motorcycle, see a guy on one just pulling in.

I think, huh, so there are civilians who ride motorbikes.

Wait a minute.

Profile, Hacker, Bang bang, he escapes

Felt so dumb for a moment.

Zeliard

What's the most effective way to get your reputation back in the blue? Civilians are calling the cops for everything now (and often more than one), which is really just getting annoying, especially when playing online.

Dead

well not really...yet
What's the most effective way to get your reputation back in the blue? Civilians are calling the cops for everything now (and often more than one), which is really just getting annoying, especially when playing online.
Take down criminals. Will go back in the positive in no time.

Take down criminals I guess
Its the only thing I've seen raise your good guy-ness.

Which is kindof a pain because I keep stopping the crimes before they technically happen. I just got fed up with taking them down after they shot people in the face, so as soon as I see them threatening and hear a scream I take em down with a silenced head shot. And dammit, every time it says I prevented the crime too early.

What a weird set of mechanics they have going on.

Venturer

Motorbikes are pretty much the biggest give away seeing as npcs don't ride them haha.

Thats why I spend 90% of time on one so if someone invades generally they're spawned on one.

Lately I've been getting alot of people disconnecting game just as you hit 90% decryption rate now, really annoying.

vpance

Its the only thing I've seen raise your good guy-ness.

Which is kindof a pain because I keep stopping the crimes before they technically happen. I just got fed up with taking them down after they shot people in the face, so as soon as I see them threatening and hear a scream I take em down with a silenced head shot. And dammit, every time it says I prevented the crime too early.

What a weird set of mechanics they have going on.

Just maxed out my rep bar taking down criminals. Ain't that hard, really. Stay just within range and when it says to intervene run up a bit and aim your gun at him. Then shoot or tackle, your choice.

Save for some disconnect issues with mp, I have had zero issues with Uplay at this point, either last week or this week. Kind of surprising to be honest.

Yeah, you've been luck. I bought the game last Tuesday and was only able to log into uPlay once between that time and Thursday evening. After that I figured I'd give it a few days to get resolved.

anddo0

Is Ubi going to patch the drinking game design/difficulty?
Who designed this bull shit?

I'm pissed that it's going to prevent me from getting 100%.

Ps4 version.

I am one mission into act 2 and have mainly been doing all the side stuff. Completed all the fixer missions, qr codes, almost all the breaches, hot spots, privacy invasions.

I have done some of the other side missions like the weapons crates, burner phones etc but have not completed any of them. Problem is they are not showing up on the map. Do I need to progress father into the story to get the rest to show up?

I'm on the xbone and I ran into the same problem. It was just the stuff in Pawnee was not showing up. Not really sure why. Had to look up where the locations are and go there without the markers. I wonder if it has to do with story progression. I read that the human trafficking missions don't even show up until you start act 3.

anddo0

Is Ubi going to patch the drinking game design/difficulty?
Who designed this bull shit?

I'm pissed that it's going to prevent me from getting 100%.

In addtion:

why can't we retry at the table?

I hate the fact that they spawn you in a totally different area.
Why do we have to spawn at all?

Fix this shit Ubi.

ttech10

I wouldn't really say the ball cup guy is cheating. Unless you would also call magic tricks cheating. It's all slight of hand and you can win the game every time if you have quick eyes and follow not just the cup, but the ball when he switches it to another cup.

Top Bottom