• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Just finished today..yeah the story was pretty bad. It gets a pass from me though, the game itself was pretty fun. You can stealth through a lot of it or go gungho it's up to you.

And sometimes the game looks freaking amazing, other times it looks flat..kind of strange how that is.

Unbreakable

Neo Member
Hi gaffers,

I'm kind of torn on which version to get, so need a little help deciding.
I've checked over the gamersyde videos for the ps4 and pc version, from what I can tell the ps4 version holds up really well?

My ps4 is hooked up to a 55' Sony W900 and its marvellous to play on.

My PC specs:
i5 3570K (non overclocked)
8GB ram
Samsung SSD
Gigabyte Windforce GeForce GTX 670 2GB
Samsung S23A700 1080p 120Hz screen ( Comming from the Sony W900 the PQ on the TN really sucks)

I'm kind of scared with my processor, not sure if its up to the task.
Is there any hope on addons/mods for the pc version, if so that might push me to get that version.

Klocker

Holy shit. ALONE is my new favourite part of the game. I was fucking engrossed in that shit for over 1.5 hours. Got the
bonus outfit
from finishing it.

I realllllllllly wish you could play it with friends and compete for generators in the city. The freedom afforded in that mode was crazy. For one of the generators, I dodged a bunch of the robots by climbing onto the L-train tracks and used it to bypass several of them on my way to the generator.

Wow. Wow. Wow. I loved that. The stealth was really rudimentary, but the separate skill tree, the music, the sense of isolation, etc. all added up for a really nice experience.

Agree that these mini games are si fleshed out is a testament to the game devs... Really enjoying this thing... Sure there are flaws, every game has nitpicks but man...they really delivered

Venturer

Hi gaffers,

I've checked over the gamersyde videos for the ps4 and pc version, from what I can tell the ps4 version holds up really well?

My PC specs:
8GB ram
Samsung SSD
Samsung S23A700 1080p 120Hz screen ( Comming from the Sony W900 the PQ on the TN really sucks)

Is there any hope on addons/mods for the pc version, if so that might push me to get that version.

With 2gb's of vram u'd struggle to run ultra settings on pc, i'd go for ps4 personally. But I'm biased :)

Andodalf

Banned
Hi gaffers,

My PC specs:
8GB ram
Samsung SSD

Your PC is way beefier than a ps4. But if you want play on the big TV that's cool too.

soultron

Banned
With 2gb's of vram u'd struggle to run ultra settings on pc, i'd go for ps4 personally. But I'm biased :)

Eh, I'm running everything but textures on Ultra and it's been OK. The stuttering can bog down the experience, but it's so infrequent that I don't even care.

8GB RAM, non OC i5 4670K, non OC ASUS DCUIIOC GTX 770 is my set up.

tehPete

Banned
Does anyone know if Ubi have released any MP stats yet? I ask because the Hacking mode seems unbalanced and I'd love to see just how many invasions are defended successfully.

Does anyone know if Ubi have released any MP stats yet? I ask because the Hacking mode seems unbalanced and I'd love to see just how many invasions are defended successfully.

I've defended a lot of invasions successfully. There is a leaderboard in the game but that doesn't work for me.

With that said, I hate the glitches in the game where objectives complete or don't complete when needed. In a mission where it tells me to regroup but it does nothing. Restarting checkpoint didn't help either. I might start the mission entirely...

I got the plat yesterday and all I an say is the story is ok, theres so few charcters that its kinda makes it too easy to guess plot points before they happen, even if there were more it still just an ok story, tbh overall not sure how i feel about this game, it has some of the funniest stuff i've seen in a while but also repeats the mini games and side stuff way too often and becomes a chore.

Relly

Banned
Just beat it, but..

End game massive spoiler:
how in the fuck did Jordi survive that? Also, I'm upset I didn't get a second chance to kill defalt, he got away from me the first time

tehPete

Banned
I've defended a lot of invasions successfully. There is a leaderboard in the game but that doesn't work for me.

With that said, I hate the glitches in the game where objectives complete or don't complete when needed. In a mission where it tells me to regroup but it does nothing. Restarting checkpoint didn't help either. I might start the mission entirely...

That sounds like a right pain; thankfully I've not come across any such glitches yet, but then I'm not really doing any story missions atm. It's also good to hear that someone is able to defend consistently - based on comments I've read, the few streams I've watched, and the few times I've invaded or been invaded, it honestly seems like there's a significant bias in the invaders favour.

That sounds like a right pain; thankfully I've not come across any such glitches yet, but then I'm not really doing any story missions atm. It's also good to hear that someone is able to defend consistently - based on comments I've read, the few streams I've watched, and the few times I've invaded or been invaded, it honestly seems like there's a significant bias in the invaders favour.

You're right. There is a bias and it gets very frustrating. However, from what I've seen is that a lot of expected features are hidden under "notoriety". The best being able to get a picture of what your invader looks like, which is like 10,000+ points or so! That and all good players know where to look and what to look for. I think people are still figuring out whats possible and what isn't and I've found out a lot of small things that can give away if you're being invaded and when you're being invaded.

valkyre

I got some pics as well, posted some on the screenshot thread but here are some of them. The game at times can look pretty amazing.

I love taking pictures of the Chicago skyline! (beware of PS4 crappy compressed/blurry screenshots. game looks better on my TV)

BpKZUqZIYAAED0e.jpg:orig

BpKcBccIUAAroMs.jpg:orig

BpKZOGoIUAAJNF4.jpg:orig

Zakalwe

Banned
Hi gaffers,

My PC specs:
8GB ram
Samsung SSD

My system:

i52500k@4.2ghz
Zotac Amp Ed 670 very slightly overclocked (+50 or so)
8 gigs Corsair Vengeance
SSDs
Etc...

The game will run on a mix of high-ultra at 40-60fps. This is with full HBAO and mid range AA. 1080.

The majority of the time it ill be in 50-60 and the drops aren't really noticeable. You could easily lock the game at 30 and get the same fps as the ps4 but at 1080p with better visuals.
A mix of medium-ultra will net you solid 60fps @1080. I can find this a multitude of ways by making trade offs here and there.

In short: your PC can handle it better than your PS4 can.

Oh, and you should look into ways of hooking up your PC to your TV remotely.

Spoo

I'm sure it's been discussed, but the tailing missions seem like they're getting abused pretty bad -- people will just get in a car, get on the freeway, and haul ass until they see you, then get out->profile. Like, it seemed kind of impossible to handle that.

dex3108

I'm sure it's been discussed, but the tailing missions seem like they're getting abused pretty bad -- people will just get in a car, get on the freeway, and haul ass until they see you, then get out->profile. Like, it seemed kind of impossible to handle that.

They can't abuse them because they are not aware that somebody is in their game. Problem is that many players just want to take car and go around. Just keep your distance until they leav car.

WITHE1982

So once the main story is complete am I free to wrap up side missions/collectables etc... Don't want to progress to far without finishing stuff up.

jadedm17

They can't abuse them because they are not aware that somebody is in their game. Problem is that many players just want to take car and go around. Just keep your distance until they leav car.
Usually after hacking a few times you'll get someone.
A simple pause - as noted in this post before - tells you : If things keep moving you're not alone. If everything stops you're alone.
After watching some twitch feeds I learned to just grab a dirtbike and take to the railway.

Yea, id love to see some things patched for hacking/tailing missions.

Question for PS4 players

I absolutely cannot find the final icons for the Burner Phones nor Murder Investigations on my map. They just aren't there.

Worst still, the final AR code never showed up on my map (I had to get the girlfriend to go through a YouTube walkthrough where we one-by-one went through them until I saw one that I hadn't played in game... we went to the area, I found the code in-game, it scanned successfully, yet it never once showed up on my map).

Is this a known glitch, or do I not get to see them all until I progress further in the story? I'm in ACT 2 by the way.

Thanks. Frustrating!

pahamrick

Question for PS4 players

I absolutely cannot find the final icons for the Burner Phones nor Murder Investigations on my map. They just aren't there.

Worst still, the final AR code never showed up on my map (I had to get the girlfriend to go through a YouTube walkthrough where we one-by-one went through them until I saw one that I hadn't played in game... we went to the area, I found the code in-game, it scanned successfully, yet it never once showed up on my map).

Is this a known glitch, or do I not get to see them all until I progress further in the story? I'm in ACT 2 by the way.

Thanks. Frustrating!

On the PC, some icons for me didn't show up until Act IV.

Kuldar

Question for PS4 players

Thanks. Frustrating!
I think you have to progress further in the story.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Question for PS4 players

Thanks. Frustrating!
Progression in side quests unlocks over time. Keep going through the main story first.

leng jai

I hope open world games will have more dynamic and elaborate weather systems this gen. I'm not talking about the occasional shower but variable levels of rain ranging from sun showers to full on thunderstorms. The element of wind seems to be highly underused as well. Maybe with better physics we'll see more aggressive implementations of it.

GlamFM

Banned
Question for PS4 players

Thanks. Frustrating!

Correct, I finally got the answer to that question yesterday.
Apparently there is one final CTos tower that you will hack in act 3.

This will reveal the missing icons.

SephiZack

Doing the Online trophies.
Man, sometimes hacking is so easy: I just go behind a big car, watch the other person's movements and turn around it as he approaches the car

Top Bottom