• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

kazebyaka

Banned
Doing the Online trophies.
Man, sometimes hacking is so easy: I just go behind a big car, watch the other person's movements and turn around it as he approaches the car
Sometimes it works, but sometimes they start to blow up everything in the mile radius, or use cameras. Love these tailing and hacking modes.

Dries

I hope open world games will have more dynamic and elaborate weather systems this gen. I'm not talking about the occasional shower but variable levels of rain ranging from sun showers to full on thunderstorms. The element of wind seems to be highly underused as well. Maybe with better physics we'll see more aggressive implementations of it.

Watch Dogs handles wind pretty well though.

Watch Dogs handles wind pretty well though.

I wouldn't say that. Foliage and rain seem to respond well to it, but the clothing is way too stiff and when it's not, it's flapping looks like a glitch - very unnatural. Also clothes flap for some reason when you're inside.

Something has been updated. In invasions you can only stop the timer once now.

Also I'm not sure if it was like it before or not but now the person being invaded can see the "hacking lines" from the invader when they do shit like blackouts etc.

Doing the Online trophies.
Man, sometimes hacking is so easy: I just go behind a big car, watch the other person's movements and turn around it as he approaches the car

My new tactic is to park a car right at the edge of the scan zone and take cover behind it. They'll scan the car but almost never come looking behind it. If that happens just switch around the corners.

nib95

Banned
I got some pics as well, posted some on the screenshot thread but here are some of them. The game at times can look pretty amazing.

I love taking pictures of the Chicago skyline! (beware of PS4 crappy compressed/blurry screenshots. game looks better on my TV)

BpKZUqZIYAAED0e.jpg:orig

BpKcBccIUAAroMs.jpg:orig

BpKZOGoIUAAJNF4.jpg:orig

Great shots.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can someone help me out. In the manage game section of the XB1 version mine keeps listing 2 different season pass files.

Can anyone check to see if they also have this. Because I'm not getting the DLC which should be available now so I'm wondering if one file is conflicting with another.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Can someone help me out. In the manage game section of the XB1 version mine keeps listing 2 different season pass files.

Can anyone check to see if they also have this. Because I'm not getting the DLC which should be available now so I'm wondering if one file is conflicting with another.

Give me a few and I'll check mine.

Okay, when I go to my manage game section I have Conspiracy!, The Palace Pack, MP-412 Gun and Season Pass. So that might be your issue then.

Lima

Do you mean that it shows duplicate files? like both for the internal and external drive? I've had that a few times, a hard reboot of the Xbox fixes it.

Voidance

This is one of those games that I am hyped to play until I sit down to play it. It just doesn't grab me at all, and I can't put my finger on why. I love watching my fiancee play it, though.

Liberty4all

Banned
I love tailing. I've started having fun taking sniper shots at a spot near the person I'm tailing.

Their reaction is always hilarious.

rezn0r

So wait there's missable collectibles in an Ubisoft open world game?

Any news on a patch to allow mission replays coming?

I just started the game last night so I'm just going off of what I read in here. If that's true it sucks.

Hoodbury

Argg, every time I am going for the escape a 5 star police chase trophy I get hacked. I can't focus on finding the hacker with cops all over me and so when I lose against the hacker and the results screen comes up it cancels out the police chase and I get no trophy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That sounds like a right pain; thankfully I've not come across any such glitches yet, but then I'm not really doing any story missions atm. It's also good to hear that someone is able to defend consistently - based on comments I've read, the few streams I've watched, and the few times I've invaded or been invaded, it honestly seems like there's a significant bias in the invaders favour.
I would say, the odds are in an invader's favor if they are able to hack and initiate the installation before the target is aware of the invasion, slightly in a defender's favor if they detect the invasion before being hacked, and heavily in a defender's favor if they notice the invasion and use the online session trick.

Targets becoming aware of the invasion, attempting to bait an invader into open areas/chokepoints or whatever and await my coming, I can deal with. The target getting an x,y fix on the invader's location, running straight toward and killing them before the hack has even begun, not so much.

Paskil

I think my biggest disappointment with this game so far is the soundtrack. There are some good songs in there, but they really need to expand the soundtrack in the next game.

There are many elements that irk me about this game, just minor complaints:

*Cannot toggle items on and off on the map (hotspots are annoying when sifting for side stuff).
*Songs always start at the beginning when you change the channel or enter a car or exit mission music. There is no feel that you are listening to the radio (although maybe you aren't).
*No talk radio.
*Nowhere near enough taxis, service vehicles (delivery, trucks, vans), police cars on the roads.
*Dialog and pedestrian scenarios repreat waaaaaaay too often. Within thirty minutes of starting the game, I had already encountered a few groups of pedestrians twice.
*All vehicles are basically invincible tanks.

There's a lot more, but this is all I can come up with right now in the morning.

I know this isn't a GTA clone and they wanted to go different ways compared to the series, but it feels like the game lacks a soul in many places.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
*Songs always start at the beginning when you change the channel or enter a car or exit mission music. There is no feel that you are listening to the radio (although maybe you aren't).
You aren't, you're just listening to MP3s and there are genre playlists. Feel free to get out your phone and put on a song while just walking around. I haven't really experienced or been irked by most of the things you mentioned at all, but I do wish the soundtrack were much stronger.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
how the he'll do I get people to tail me? been trying for hours.
Your odds of being invaded increase if you start doing invasions a bit.
I just keep the soundtrack off most of the time and listen to my own stuff.

Driving improves considerably, haha.
Me too for the most part, but there are a few tracks I enjoy and I just sort of like the feeling of putting on a song on Aiden's phone while walking the street. PC version is dying for compatibility with a folder full of MP3s.

I realized I really, really enjoy the original score though, which is hilarious. Wish you could activate those tracks on the phone.
Hack blume operatives and let them place a bounty on you.
good point.

Daffy Duck

How do you improve the hacking defence for online invasions? And does it actually make a difference, I hacked someone who had very good defences and it didn't seem any different.

I've been having it for weeks.

Had it last night. Got worried for a second, but then I just turned off my console.

Not sure if this is a placebo effect but I just did the 1.7.1 update on PS4 and my sound is a lot better on game. Utilizing the back speakers better now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How do you improve the hacking defence for online invasions? And does it actually make a difference, I hacked someone who had very good defences and it didn't seem any different.
Hehe, hacking defense is just a record, essentially. People with very good defense just means they have successfully stopped a lot of hacks. You should feel good about getting them!

Dave1988

Anyone know where Bedbug's Audio Log 03 is located? I thought you get it automatically after a certain point in chapter 3 but I'm almost at the end of the game and I still haven't gotten it.

soultron

Banned
Yeah, the soundtrack is easily the worst part of the game. There's only one song I can bear to listen to (Day N Nite).

You'll unlock a song in Act 2 that slightly redeems the soundtrack. Only by a bit.

Is there an option to turn certain songs off? I love punk rock, but that song by The Lawrence Arms is straight garbage and I never want to hear it again.

Kuldar

Anyone know where Bedbug's Audio Log 03 is located? I thought you get it automatically after a certain point in chapter 3 but I'm almost at the end of the game and I still haven't gotten it.
There is an audio log from Bedbug in the mission Uninvited during act 2, maybe you missed it.

Top Bottom