• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I've been having it for weeks.

Yes, everytime I boot up my PS4 I get this. I do a full shutdown when I am done though so I'm going to try putting it in the sleep mode instead to see if this solves it.

I'm getting this error as well, and I always keep my PS4 on Standby when not in use. I think it started happening for me around the time Stick it to the Man came out, because I noticed it was having problems uploading those save files.

Vizzeh

Banned
Anyone else having this problem?

qkdpT3b.jpg

Get this myself with various games. Do you have a couple of different accounts on your PS4 maybe?

panda-zebra

I'm getting this error as well, and I always keep my PS4 on Standby when not in use. I think it started happening for me around the time Stick it to the Man came out, because I noticed it was having problems uploading those save files.

It was fixed in today's patch.

Get this myself with various games. Do you have a couple of different accounts on your PS4 maybe?

I thought that might be the reason for it, the conflict between having your ps4 set up with one account as the main user for buying away from your region and another that you really use for actually playing.

Vizzeh

Banned

I thought that might be the reason for it, the conflict between having your ps4 set up with one account as the main user for buying away from your region and another that you really use for actually playing.

Yeah, that's exactly my thoughts, similar to how I sometimes use my PS4 too. Glad its fixed though :)

As I was manually uploading mine/overwriting previous file.

Missing persons side mission.

I found like 4 of the bodies, but I don't understand when and where I can find the final ones.

I want to solve this case, it bothers me that some sick bastard is out there wasting civilians.

How do I unlock it fully?

SJRB

Gold Member

I found like 4 of the bodies, but I don't understand when and where I can find the final ones.

I want to solve this case, it bothers me that some sick bastard is out there wasting civilians.

Did you unlock all the ctOS towers?

purg3

slept with Malkin

Play the campaign, more specifically get to ACT 3.

Dave1988

There is an audio log from Bedbug in the mission Uninvited during act 2, maybe you missed it.

Turned out you get Bedbug's and one more audio log in the last mission. Dunno if it just adds those two or every audio log you mught've missed, though.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

With respect to this mission SPOILERS FOR ENDING OF IT:
was anyone else really disappointed by how this ended? So much potential and it just ended in another crime takedown scene. Very lame.
In comparison, the ending of the exclusive mission you get for the weapons trafficking was great - a really challenging battle with a nice reward at the end.

Chitown B

I didn't realize how hacking invasions work. I started the story one and was hacking a guy. I tried to blend in with the crowd interactions, like you would in say AC. I thought that would work. But no, apparently you can't hide in plain sight... Instant killed.

someday

Banned
I'm glad there's a fix out. I've been having this lately and I'm the only person who uses my PS4 or PS3.

sjay1994

Watch Dogs has spent five years soaking in the brine of the thirtysomething white guy, and those juices leak from every pore. This game feels aimed squarely at the predominantly male video game demographic and cares nothing for women or minorities, let alone any substantive investigation of real-life issues like the cultural fallout of sex trafficking or Chicago's long history of racial violence.

One of primary groups you'll be fighting is a gang called "The Black Viceroys," a group of tech-savvy project hoods who embody blackness in the most uninteresting and trope-y ways imaginable. These guys talk ceaselessly about bitches and hos; they call each other "B" and say "sheeeit!" with regularity. "You there B?" they ask one another. Upon seeing a comrade get shot: "Yo, B's been hit!" When engaging Aiden in combat: "Ain't nothin' can save you now, cracker!"

Only one black character gets anything resembling character development; the rest exist simply to kill or be killed, or occasionally to engage in sexual assault while on camera. Toward the end of the game, I pondered just how many of Chicago's young black men I'd helped Aiden Pearce murder. A hundred? Five hundred? A thousand? It was enough to make me feel like I was playing as some sort of weird techno white supremacist.

Oh my fucking god. This is worse than Blood Dragon is offensive to gay people, and Kill La Kill supports wrist cutting.

sjay1994

WTF did I just read?

I also love this little gem by jschrier in the comments

Really enjoyed reading this review, and really glad I haven't wasted my time/money on this. Good reminder never to pre-order unless you're 100% sure about a game!

Oh don't pre order games people, but we will still post leaked images of games in development and plaster them with our watermarks.

My first question for Watch Dogs was, "Well, what if I don't want to shoot Maurice?"

"Sorry," the game replied. "You are going to shoot Maurice and that's all there is for it."

They've got a point. I didn't want to shoot Maurice. I didn't ask for a Stanley Parable-ish amount of choices but I'd like a little bit of freedom.

Oh wow at the Kotaku review. They tear it to shreds, haha.

I, of course, vehemently disagree, but it was pretty funny. Their disdain leaches out of the screen.

I'm actually liking the story a lot. And I like Aiden.

Maybe I'm just a fan of angry dead-inside middle-aged white guys.

The whole thing reads like the reviewer went into the experience trying to hate it. It's really infuriating how some reviewers let negative news and rumors color their overall experience.

Frolow

Banned
"Women and black characters are treated with thoughtless disdain"

I...what? Unless these some blatantly sexist/racist side mission that I missed, what the hell are they going on about?

Hoodbury

I didn't realize how hacking invasions work. I started the story one and was hacking a guy. I tried to blend in with the crowd interactions, like you would in say AC. I thought that would work. But no, apparently you can't hide in plain sight... Instant killed.

You can, you look like a NPC. But one scan of their cursor over you and you are caught. It's better to user the cover mechanism.

They've got a point. I didn't want to shoot
Maurice
. I didn't ask for a Stanley Parable-ish amount of choices but I'd like a little bit of freedom.

You didn't have to shoot him though

what in the hell man

The damn game puts a waypoint on the garage door to tell you that you can leave
Maurice
alive

"Women and black characters are treated with thoughtless disdain"

I...what? Unless these some overly sexist/racist side mission that I missed, what the hell are they going on about?

I'm not sure when games became vehicles used to make statements about gender and race. Not every single game needs to present strong characters of every denomination. Nothing I've personally seen in the game in my 12+ hours with it has been remotely racist.

Top Bottom