• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Skyzard

Banned
WiiU version looks surprisingly good:

qNLOtLn.gif

Lizardus

I'm not sure when games became vehicles used to make statements about gender and race. Not every single game needs to present strong characters of every denomination. Nothing I've personally seen in the game in my 12+ hours with it has been remotely racist.

They are probably talking about those USER-CREATED videos showing people gunning down minorities. What a joke of a site.

Seeing some pretty odd issues online. Are there exploits or something?

-Playing SP and randomly some car starts ramming me. Then the driver gets out and proceeds to slaughter dozens of NPCs. I'm thinking it's some crazy glitch until he turns on me. I run him over and out of nowhere start to get notoriety points. Thing is, absolutely 0 alerts/indications that I was being hacked...

-Apparently you can just kill yourself and be auto-teleported to another random section of the city far, far away from your hacker. Seen this done countless times when tailing someone. Only once did it give me an option to quick-travel to the person I was tailing, in which they just grenaded themselves and were taken far away, in which no quick-travel was provided.

-I was being tailed and the purple circle was randomly appearing and disappearing all over the map, making it impossible to track the hacker. Is this a skill? Once the circle finally settled and I got to it, about two dozen cars fall from the sky and trap me, making it impossible to find the hacker.

-Just pull the ethernet cable and you won't lose nortoritey.

JerC

Has anyone come up against someone they can't kill on PC? I'm hoping it was just a once off bug and not hackers already.

Kuldar

They've got a point. I didn't want to shoot Maurice. I didn't ask for a Stanley Parable-ish amount of choices but I'd like a little bit of freedom.
It's at the start of the game, it's here to show how to shoot in the game. What freedom do you want in a tutorial?
And you don't even have to kill him.

It's at the start of the game, it's here to show how to shoot in the game. What freedom do you want in a tutorial?

If it's the beginning they are talking about,
the gun wasn't even loaded

If it's the end,
they could have left him alive by leaving the garage

Either way, Kotaku are a bunch of knobbers for that

Double D

Wait... what did I do?

Why are you clicking spoiler tagged things when you haven't finished the game?

To be fair to the folks who clicked it, you were responding to something that happens literally at the very beginning of the game with something that evidently happens right at the end of the game. Whatever, I ain't even mad.

So after not ever being hacked or tail in the whole week I've had this game..I decided to disable online and turn it back on. To my surprise I lost all 4800+ of my notoriety points and went back to 0. What. The. Fuck?

sjay1994

To be fair to the folks who clicked it, you were responding to something that happens literally at the very beginning of the game with something that evidently happens right at the end of the game. Whatever, I ain't even mad.

What I spoiler tagged is the
after credits scene
. Its not the actual ending.

If it's the beginning they are talking about,
the gun wasn't even loaded

If it's the end,
they could have left him alive by leaving the garage

Either way, Kotaku are a bunch of knobbers for that

And how the fuck was I supposed to know the gun wasn't loaded? The game basically told me 'kill this man' while I didn't even know who he was. I don't take the decision to kill people that easily

And how the fuck was I supposed to know the gun wasn't loaded?

smh

Not every game is the Walking Dead. Most of them have set stories for the most part. How about, if you didn't want to "shoot" him, you just take the game back to the store instead of being all annoying about shooting pixels

EDIT: I mean damn, do you play any other kind of action games and sit there and contemplate whether or not every single enemy you come across is a bad person before you pull the trigger? Ridiculous

Bittercup

Having player choices can be nice. Especially for games where you create your own in-game character.
But if you are playing a predefined character I wouldn't criticise it when you have to play the 'character's decisions'.
Strange article.

Portugeezer

Did it just to be safe.

iamthedogethatwatches got away with so much shit, but once he spoiled a mission from the game his ass was banned.

Don't worry, it was a misunderstanding.

I didn't know iamthedoge posted spoilers. It's sad that the mods even allowed it to get this far, all he ever did was shit on the game, they waited for him to do the damage (I don't know what his spoiler was or how bad it was).

There are more ways (better ways) to teach you how to shoot than forcing the player to kill unarmed, defenseless people. At least Infinity Ward had the courtesy of giving me the choice not to do it - Ubisoft should take notes.

You don't have to kill him but you also don't have that specific information before you press the button.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I agree that the story is objectively bad, the female NPCs are wasted, and Aiden is a stereotypical and focus-grouped protagonist (great jacket though!). The gameplay mechanics are really enjoyable however. And the potential for a really great sequel, particularly if Ubi allows a totally non-lethal run, has been established. In the end, I'm still glad that I got it day one, although given the stuttering issue on the PC version, I should have gotten this for my PS4.

I aimed at his foot. Non lethal shot.

I did too. I am bummed that
you are not given the choice about whether to kill or not in some of the later missions however.
Whereever possible I tried to go non-lethal.

Oh the poor defenseless 1s and 0s, won't someone think of the chillrun!!!!!

You do realize that non-lethal is more of a challenge, right? It's not just about morality, although the game -wants- us to empathize with these "1s and 0s".

Lizardus

There are more ways (better ways) to teach you how to shoot than forcing the player to kill unarmed, defenseless people. At least Infinity Ward had the courtesy of giving me the choice not to do it - Ubisoft should take notes.

Oh the poor defenseless 1s and 0s, won't someone think of the chillrun!!!!!

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I picked this up and got in a few hours yesterday. I'm not a fan of GTA or similar games usually, but I'm liking this well enough so far. Only gripe so far is the same as most, the driving controls/physics kind of suck.

I like the side mission variety/uniqueness with the AR stuff, digital trips etc.

Game looks pretty good to me (I'm far from a graphic's whore). Not as good as Second Son--but it's a bigger city and a multiplatform, cross gen game so that's to be expected.

Hoodbury

You don't have to kill him but you also don't have that specific information before you press the button.

You have a point, but I think your point works better in a game where you create a character from scratch, get to name the character, and can roll play as that character. Watch Dogs gives everyone the same character and Ubi created the story for Aiden. We're just playing out his roll in an interactive setting.

Namikaze1

I understand how you feel but (SPOILERS obviously)
Aiden went in with the intention of killing him once he got the name of the man who ordered the hit on him. He wasn't exactly there to scare the guy. It was Jordi who gave Aiden an empty gun. Forgive me if I'm wrong about this but we were shown prior to being given control of Aiden that he was attacked but two gunmen, Maurice being one of them.
Anyway, I agree that they should have taught you how to aim and shoot differently.

Vodh

I pointed at his foot and pulled the trigger *shrug*. I think you're trying too hard to make this a bigger problem than it actually is.

Top Bottom