• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I was toying with the cops when I hit the focus button and time didn't slow down. It's a rush when you know someone is following you. So I lose the cops and start running down the street on foot. I turn the camera around while running so the guy wouldn't know I saw him.

As soon as he got in range I turn around with the grenade launcher and let loose. I haven't had this much fun with multiplayer in a long time. I just wish I'd get invaded more often.

kanuuna

Everytime I see the Aiden model from that debut footage I get a little angry inside thinking of what could've been, instead of square jaw action hero we got.
#OldAiden4Sequel

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, don't be that guy. Ultra lame.
Endorsed!

Btw, I know you were asking about it before-

I think you're right that the "hacking defense" that is displayed has no effect on notoriety lost or gained. I think that's just roughly equivalent to a "win-loss" estimate for for hacking attempts. Someone who had killed 2 invaders and never had any other hacks will probably show "Very Strong" defense.

Instead I think it's all about the starting notoriety of each player. Low notoriety wins over high, high gain for the winner, high loss for the loser. High wins over low, low gain for the winner, low loss for the loser. And all the gradients in between.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, online hacking can be such total bs.

Why do you spawn me on a motorcycle when every decent player knows NPC's don't drive them in this game? Why do I get assigned to someone just sitting in the middle of an open area waiting for me? Why give them a notification the instant you enter their game so they can immediately hightail it out of there without you being able to give chase without blowing cover? Why assign me to someone that's driving across the map in the fastest vehicle in the game without me being able to catch up without blowing my cover? Having the target go over one of those bridges that raise or lower in their entirety pretty much means losing the game BTW. They'll just stand on the other side and counter your hack every time and you won't be able to do anything since bypassing the bridge will immediately give you away.

When do u unlock the remaining QR and missing person investigations. I have done all other side content besides those...i am only at the end of act 2 though

soultron

Banned
Act 2, mission 13 spoilers: for the
Human Trafficking
Investigation, I'm putting on brooding electronic music, riding motorcycles,
and tracking down every single buyer. Every time I meet one, I slowly walk up to them, hack their phones, and then put a bullet in their heads with the Spec Ops 1911 when they're done. Then I take anyone's phone when they try and dial 911. "Shhhhhh, it's OK, no need to call the cops -- he was a very bad man."

I mean, this is what everyone's doing, right? I'm not a psychopath, right?

Zeliard

Ugh, online hacking can be such total bs.

Why do you spawn me on a motorcycle when every decent player knows NPC's don't drive them in this game? Why do I get assigned to someone just sitting in the middle of an open area waiting for me? Why give them a notification the instant you enter their game so they can immediately hightail it out of there without you being able to give chase without blowing cover? Why assign me to someone that's driving across the map in the fastest vehicle in the game without me being able to catch up without blowing my cover? Having the target go over one of those bridges that raise or lower in their entirety pretty much means losing the game BTW. They'll just stand on the other side and counter your hack every time and you won't be able to do anything since bypassing the bridge will immediately give you away.

Worst one was spawning into a game on foot where the guy was just riding on top of trains.

Have to admit I found it amusing, though.

Two thoughts:

1) Aiden looks remarkably like a grown up version of one my high-school friends. It's unsettling at times.

2) The story and characters in this game are awful. Is Aiden supposed to be a bad dude? Am I supposed to believe that he was also a caring uncle? Why isn't this game set in 2015 or something? Why is Aiden killing all these ctOS security guards?

The above said, it's an enjoyable game with some excellent features.

Worst one was spawning into a game on foot where the guy was just riding on top of trains.

Have to admit I found it amusing, though.

he, great spot to annoy intruders

My top 3 of worst hacking/tailing spawns:

- alone in the woods with my person of interest
- at this second when he gets on a bike
- while I'm waiting, because I tailed somebody successfully

nib95

Banned
Anyone know any ways to improve your reputation to be good instead of bad? Just doing the random crime in progress missions is moving my bar at a snails pace, and I really need a quicker way to improve it. It's getting frustrating as people call the cops on me every given chance.

arhra

Ran into an interesting feature earlier today. Pulled my car in between two cars in a car park, because hey, I like to park neatly. Hit Y to climb out, and apparently there wasn't enough room on either side to open the doors.

So Aiden just smashes the window and climbs out onto the roof.

I am yet to encounter a game where cops act like real cops...
they just always start shooting at you even if you want to surrender.

This so much, I wish there was an action to put your hands up in the air like how they portrayed it in the early trailers.

Lima

The worst thing is when you get invaded while the cops are on your ass. Like bitch I ain't got time your you hacker now.

Caode

It's pretty infuriating trying to hack people when you invade their game and find yourself halfway across the map from their location

Carbonox

Aside from the trophies for beating Act 4 and 5, I only have 3 trophies left:

Drinking game
Find every song
Get tailed 5 times

FML

Caode

Aside from the trophies for beating Act 4 and 5, I only have 3 trophies left:

Drinking game
Find every song
Get tailed 5 times

FML

I have the drinking game, and the songsneak trophies to get, plus one trophy that glitched out on me for all the ctOS breaches. I am not looking forward to those drinking games.

Carbonox

I have the drinking game, and the songsneak trophies to get, plus one trophy that glitched out on me for all the ctOS breaches. I am not looking forward to those drinking games.

How did you get the tailing one? Anything in particular you did to increase your changes or were you just one of the lucky ones? :(

Caode

How did you get the tailing one? Anything in particular you did to increase your changes or were you just one of the lucky ones? :(

I think I was one of the lucky ones it just popped up as I was driving off to another mission, didn't know what was happening lol

Yasae

Banned
Yeah, don't be that guy. Ultra lame.
yColuUs.png

Dota 2 don't play around.

Caode

The online in this is starting to get really fucking infuriating, if the game actually connects it spawns you in the worst locations.. in the past 3 hacking contracts alone I've spawned in front of my target so it's an instant fail.

Zeliard

yColuUs.png

Dota 2 don't play around.

It's particularly shitty to pull the plug in Watch Dogs because you have a very easy method for turning off invasions if you're not interested in that aspect of the game, and the only reason you'd keep that setting on at all is purely for online PvP stuff.

You don't even have the excuse like in Dark Souls where you may want player messages, co-op, etc, without the PvP (and Dark Souls 2 punishes players who constantly disconnect, regardless). So just take the loss when it happens.

JerC

If anyone wants to be hacked just hack a blume affiliate then don't block their call. I've been doing it all night and within 30 seconds every time someone was trying to hack me. Pity it's only hacking and not tailing though.

ev0

This worked for me and a lot of people on playstation trophies.org

Invade some people with tailing. (This increases your chance of being invaded)

Reset your online notoriety by turning off invasions in options. (if you're attached to your points, sorry. I had to give up all mine; was ranked top 1% heh)

Turn it back on again, run around do collectibles or something and you'll get tailed. Worked for me after never getting tailed for about 15 hrs of play, then got the trophy quickly.

Anyone know any ways to improve your reputation to be good instead of bad? Just doing the random crime in progress missions is moving my bar at a snails pace, and I really need a quicker way to improve it. It's getting frustrating as people call the cops on me every given chance.

Do story missions. At the end of each you get the "vigilante intervention" reputation bonus.

Skyzard

Banned
I had that bug too...if I walked away the texture re-appeared. Came closer and it vanished. Just the once. The car looked like a one-seater for a second.

Andrew.

Banned
Oh man the Enforcer takedown is the either the same or close to the same animation that was shown when you beat the bouncer in the E3 2012 demo. So good.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm a bit annoyed really. It's like Unisoft sat us down with the karma Sutra and talked us through all the creative contortions in sensual detail, then got us drunk on cheap booze and lay back in the missionary position...

and yet I can't stop coming back for more...

I'm almost certain many people denouncing the game will try it at some point in the future when it's on sale for a few dollars a pop and be quite shocked as to how much fun this under-baked and over-hyped broken promise actually is.

Krisprolls

Banned
This worked for me and a lot of people on playstation trophies.org

Invade some people with tailing. (This increases your chance of being invaded)

Reset your online notoriety by turning off invasions in options. (if you're attached to your points, sorry. I had to give up all mine; was ranked top 1% heh)

Turn it back on again, run around do collectibles or something and you'll get tailed. Worked for me after never getting tailed for about 15 hrs of play, then got the trophy quickly.

I didn't have to reset my online reputation. Just tail someone then drive or walk doing no activity. You'll get tailed in a few minutes max, at least on PS4 it works.

I also had my reputation in full red (bad). It makes people hack you more, I don't know if they tail you more.

JerC

Watch Dogs is SO futuristic that it even has see through car technology

75vNs7h.jpg

aLD5QnN.jpg

W7XVwQq.jpg

Wasn't there something like this in GTA where you would see a whole street of people just floating by. Except the whole car disappeared. It was great fun flying off ramps sitting on nothing.

I absolutely LOVE this game. I cant even get around to do the missions. The side content is incredible, blows GTAV side content out of the water. I can't stop finding things to do. When your side missions have their own leveling up, skill trees and save feature you know you are doing it right.

It has its issues but I don't care, messing around is too much fun.

I am really thinking of buying the season pass. Anyone try the conspiracy digital trip.

Furyous

I'm struggling with the final weapons trade mission.

Why is this so hard?

I've tried everything including using my entire arsenal and can't win.

Andrew.

Banned
God the last mission of Act III is fucking incredible.

infiltrating Iraq's Carter building a la New Jack City is just so fucking badass. Especially with that song playing in the background. I'm just mowing down fools with the M1014 shotgun so fast with Focus they have no idea what hit them. This game ROCKS.

Top Bottom