• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

krioto

Has something changed with the online tailing/invasions?

I counted 4 tailing/invasion missions I did last night where as soon as I entered the other players game, I was marked/profiled - I had not even moved and was already noticed - and no, was not on a motorbike :)

Is there some new trick where you can identify the invader instantly?

I counted 4 tailing/invasion missions I did last night where as soon as I entered the other players game, I was marked/profiled - I had not even moved and was already noticed - and no, was not on a motorbike :)

I noticed in one game, Aiden put his phone away (turned the profiler off) without any input from me. I paused immediately and realised I was being invaded.

Dead

well not really...yet
So I managed to do this with a couple of friends online...
udHogep.jpg

Carmageddon!
Yeah ive done this. Its amazing, awesome and fun

Xyber

I've been lucky and seen the guy spawn in 2-3 times, so maybe you just had some really bad luck.

I went in thinking the Drinking game would be really hard based on some impressions here..But other than level 8 on extreme mode, i beat every level for all three drinkers on my first try. Maybe it's something to due with being a piano player, haha.

edit: anyone have any hints for how to tackle songsneak? I have 3 songs left..and been searching for them for hours. Blvck and White (Feat. SRH) - By: muGZ
My My My – By: Jamie Lono
Ms. Crumby

Caode

God the last mission of Act III is fucking incredible.

infiltrating Iraq's Carter building a la New Jack City is just so fucking badass. Especially with that song playing in the background. I'm just mowing down fools with the M1014 shotgun so fast with Focus they have no idea what hit them. This game ROCKS.

The single most badass moment in the game for me so far, I was
sneaking through room by room, silenced weapons, silent takedowns.... cleaning house, luring men one way, doubling back and hitting them from behind, you do feel like an ice cold badass in that mission. The strongest parts of the game for me are situations like that.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

Maybe this?
But they'd basically have to be spamming online session constantly.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I'm struggling with the final weapons trade mission.

Why is this so hard?

I've tried everything including using my entire arsenal and can't win.

This was a great mission - interesting and challenging. I
EDs, both proximity and the normal type, and the grenade launcher are your friends, but you need to save them for the final two waves. The first wave you should be taking out by stealth, first the top level and then the bottom. Then seed normal IEDs where the vans are going to stop. You can then use proximity IEDs to throw at the heavier armored guys. It's also worth upgrading to the enforcer melee takedown for those guys since they're difficult to take out except for direct grenade/shotgun hits.

I'm struggling with the final weapons trade mission.

Why is this so hard?

I've tried everything including using my entire arsenal and can't win.

You can actually get on the roof of the building that this takes place in. On one of the sides there's a staircase that goes up pretty much to the roof. At the top there's a chain-link fence with wire on the top (so you can't climb it). Instead of climbing it, blow it up with an IED or a grenade launcher shot so you can get access to the side of the roof. From there you have to try and get as close to the corner of the roof as you can, as there's a very small area that will register as a "climbable area" and let you climb onto the roof.

Once you're on the roof it's super easy. You can snipe guys through the windows, blow up their cars as they arrive, etc. I found this out by accident, but it made this mission a piece of cake.

Relly

Banned
I had the worst invasion the other day.

So as I try to fast travel, I get a pop up telling me I'm being invaded (one of my tricks to know, I won't give away any others! Lol) it's by the pier, and as the circle got smaller, I found him hiding right by the water. As I profile him, he jumps into the water.. I shoot him with at least 2 full magazines.. Getting hit markers all over his body.. At first, I'm like, "ok is this guy lagging or what?" .. Then, suddenly, out of no where, a huge taxi boat spawns over him and he gets in a sails away at 5mph. Of course, a boat won't spawn for me and he "evaded" me while traveling running speeds on water.

He partially pwned me :(

I've had fun online sessions though.. Hid so well that a guy literally bumped into me, moved my character who even grunted pretty loud.. Twice! The guy was lost. Lol I was hidden in these bushes that were up against a fence.. I was literally invisible. He must have been running through the bushes to see if someone would pop out.. He startled me because I was looking the other way when it happened

nib95

Banned
Anyone know any ways to improve your reputation to be good instead of bad? Just doing the random crime in progress missions is moving my bar at a snails pace, and I really need a quicker way to improve it. It's getting frustrating as people call the cops on me every given chance.

Do story missions. At the end of each you get the "vigilante intervention" reputation bonus.

To answer my own question and elaborate on this. If you're doing the random crime missions in order to up your "good" reputation, my advice is only use melee to take down the criminal. This seems to net far more reputation and more experience (500 instead of 250) compared to shooting the criminal instead.

Seemed to get my bar back up to positive pretty quickly once I just stuck to melee.

jadedm17

Ugh, online hacking can be such total bs.

Why do you spawn me on a motorcycle when every decent player knows NPC's don't drive them in this game? Why do I get assigned to someone just sitting in the middle of an open area waiting for me? Why give them a notification the instant you enter their game so they can immediately hightail it out of there without you being able to give chase without blowing cover? Why assign me to someone that's driving across the map in the fastest vehicle in the game without me being able to catch up without blowing my cover? Having the target go over one of those bridges that raise or lower in their entirety pretty much means losing the game BTW. They'll just stand on the other side and counter your hack every time and you won't be able to do anything since bypassing the bridge will immediately give you away.

This entire paragraph is summing up my feelings, especially the spawning-on-a-bike bit.

Everyone knowing pausing the game, Aiden putting his phone away or to just constantly be moving - I learned from a guy on Twitch that a dirtbike+railroad=gone - is really destroying this stuff for me. (That last part I admit I use as defense for an obvious hacking after I did the same to someone, but entering random games where it's happening making it impossible to do anything are bullshit.)

Zenka

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope Ubisoft continues to put resources into the stealthy multiplayer modes for the sequels as there is a lot of room to grow. Allow modes that let players take over AI in single player car chases, add modes that allow for more social stealth and ultimately produce something similar to how that 2012 E3 demo ended. We've seen the racing and team decryption gamemodes in plenty of other games, but the tailing and hacking game types are really refreshing.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I've been stuck on this mission for an hour:

Backseat Driver mission in Act I

I'm at the objective marker, it says "Hack" but there's just a marker floating in the air with no prompts for anything. I thought I was supposed to be picking someone up?

http://i3.minus.com/iitdZczNUHn3U.jpg

EDIT: Restarted the mission and it worked fine. Guess it was just a glitch.

It's really hard to set up cool sniper + IED missions (like in the movies) when doing convoys, there's actually not that much elevation in the city itself apart from the L train lines. Add the fact that most missions require you to knock down an enemy, and it's easier just to stay on ground level.

For most of them I end up taking a car, parking across the road, laying IEDs and using the car as cover.

soultron

Banned
Can someone PLEASE help me? I've been stuck on this mission for an hour:

Backseat Driver mission in Act I

I'm at the objective marker, it says "Hack" but there's just a marker floating in the air with no prompts for anything. I thought I was supposed to be picking someone up?

http://i3.minus.com/iitdZczNUHn3U.jpg

I can't remember that mission, but try pulling out your Profiler to see if additional prompts show up near there.

BadRNG

Thought some people here may enjoy this, I got a good laugh out of it at least. Odd ragdoll physics at work.

I had actually seen something similar happen once before, but the share button didn't record it properly (maybe because it was online match?), but this time I managed to save it. Really couldn't stop laughing.

I'm super bummed that half the music I hear and like in this game isn't in the OST. Act IV Spoilers:
The music that plays when you're chasing Defalt is just perfect.

DukeBobby

I'm super bummed that half the music I hear and like in this game isn't in the OST. Act IV Spoilers:
The music that plays when you're chasing Defalt is just perfect.

I listened to the OST prior to release and I didn't care much for it.

After playing the game, I know why. All the best tracks are missing.

ev0

Here's a dumb vid me doing my best Trials impression in Watch Dogs during a Fixer Contract

http://youtu.be/zytikjYgwk0

Unfortunately thanks to the PS4s wonky Share button I lost all the footage of the chase, a ramp, a bad jump on the ramp and barely making it onto the steps

I listened to the OST prior to release and I didn't care much for it.

After playing the game, I know why. All the best tracks are missing.

They need to release a deluxe edition or something. I want to hear the music again without having to go through the entire game, or scouring through YouTube.

Carbonox

I GOT THE SOCIAL LUBRICANT TROPHY FUCK YES YOU KUMQUAT

This worked for me and a lot of people on playstation trophies.org

Invade some people with tailing. (This increases your chance of being invaded)

Reset your online notoriety by turning off invasions in options. (if you're attached to your points, sorry. I had to give up all mine; was ranked top 1% heh)

Turn it back on again, run around do collectibles or something and you'll get tailed. Worked for me after never getting tailed for about 15 hrs of play, then got the trophy quickly.

How many tails do you need to do or just one tail - notoriety reset - wander - rinse and repeat?

JJD

Any word on when the rest of the season pass content is being released?

I'm not talking about the new campaign, I'm talking about the pre order bonus that the season pass makes available to people who didn't pre order.

Nowise10

This is fucking infuriating, a complete bastard of a bug that's halting me from progressing, even after reloading/rebooting, anyone else had this problem? I've uploaded it to YouTube.

It's during Act 4. No spoilers in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBFlOzh81ug&feature=youtu.be

By reloading/rebooting, do you mean like quiting out of the game and going to the mainmenu? I had a bug where in Act IV where T-bone wouldn't advance on in the mission, even after restarting the mission and reverting to the last autosaves. The solution I found was all you need to do is quit to the mainmenu and load the game up again.

Also to anyone else, I thought my game was bugged and the Hotspot achievement was messed up. Turns out the last hotspot was covered with a different blip, making ti impossible to see.

Heres a picture of thus said hotspot

Lizardus

I haven't been able to do a private Free Roam session with a friend. Whenever either of us invite each other, it shows the "Game session no longer available" window. Hacking and Tailing modes seem to work fine. Anyone have the solution for this?

Caode

By reloading/rebooting, do you mean like quiting out of the game and going to the mainmenu? I had a bug where in Act IV where T-bone wouldn't advance on in the mission, even after restarting the mission and reverting to the last autosaves. The solution I found was all you need to do is quit to the mainmenu and load the game up again.

Also to anyone else, I thought my game was bugged and the Hotspot achievement was messed up. Turns out the last hotspot was covered with a different blip, making ti impossible to see.

Heres a picture of thus said hotspot

I rebooted it twice, as in... closed the application and I had the same problem - I'd walk a few steps and it would go back in to that cycle, but I rebooted it a third time just now and it's going fine so far... it's really strange.... though not all that surprising in an open world Ubisoft game.

Carbonox

Tailing someone > turn off online > turn it back on > wait a bit = still no one tailing me

Getting ridiculously impatient with this now.

Also is there a secret to getting all of the songs? I need 5 more I think.

ev0

I GOT THE SOCIAL LUBRICANT TROPHY FUCK YES YOU KUMQUAT

How many tails do you need to do or just one tail - notoriety reset - wander - rinse and repeat?

I would do like 3. Sorry to hear it's not working for you. It's a pain the ass I know. Also it's not always obvious someone is tailing you unless you do the tricks to find out. For example I only counted 3 but got the trophy.

I'm really hating the story in this game. The dialogue is terrible and the plot is going nowhere interesting. I would like this game so much more, and this pretty much is true for every other game in existence, if they didn't have such bad writing.

Is the story going to pick up at all? I'm nearing the end of Act II.

Also, looking at a walkthrough just to check my progress, it seems the first two acts consist of the majority of missions. Do they get any longer in the later acts or am I already halfway through the game?

Carbonox

I would do like 3. Sorry to hear it's not working for you. It's a pain the ass I know. Also it's not always obvious someone is tailing you unless you do the tricks to find out. For example I only counted 3 but got the trophy.

OK cool I'll try that, thanks. I only recall noticing one tail when I was told that the person tailed me successfully. That happened several days ago haha.

I'll keep at it, apart from the song trophy it's the only other one I need. Not going to stop this close to the finishing line.

I'm really hating the story in this game. The dialogue is terrible and the plot is going nowhere interesting. I would like this game so much more, and this pretty much is true for every other game in existence, if they didn't have such bad writing.

Is the story going to pick up at all? I'm nearing the end of Act II.

Also, looking at a walkthrough just to check my progress, it seems the first two acts consist of the majority of missions. Do they get any longer in the later acts or am I already halfway through the game?

The story does get better from about the middle of act 3, there is a lot more drive (even though things get more far fetched). I found myself doing the story missions almost continuously from that point because I wanted to find out what happened next. The missions are longer too, which is why there are less of them.

Does the shuffle option in the media app not work for anyone else? All my music plays in alphabetical order by title when I skip forward, no matter whether I have the loop or shuffle icon present.

I'm on the last mission, and seriously, fuck this game.

Some good ideas surrounded by a ton of bad ones, with that final mission taking the cake for me.
Needing to hack and defend three targets without city hacks - because those hacks are in the hands of the big bad and being used at every opportunity, and against a five star police presence including a continuous helicopter with sniper (which can sometimes be impossible to target with your hacks because its directly above you), while your three spread out objective locations are being scrambled and duplicated on the map.

Who in their right mind thought this would be anything less than the very most frustrating thing you could possibly put in the game? I can manage to evade the police after a time, but Damien will just blanket ctOS scan again and I'll have a brand new helicopter and a fuckton of cops descending upon my location in moments all over again, so whats the point?

So much for reputation too, because there's no way I'm getting through this without having multiple small scale wars against the cops.

And God forbid you lose a vehicle or end up on foot. Maybe you can jack an econo-car and hope the cop car's magnetic slams don't have you smoking again in moments.
Just fucking stupid. The game went from several mild frustrations to actively guaranteeing that I loathe it by the time its done. Great job Ubi. I tried. I'm done.

Top Bottom