• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

TheJLC

Love doing the convoy missions or gang hideout missions in an armored vehicle. I just run over everyone while they shoot at the armored vehicle and can't do any damage.

If one of the characters requires a knock down, I just leave him for last and then just get out of my bullet riddled armored vehicle.

Ravek

Banned
Question: im thinking of picking up this game on PS4 but I don't currently have internet at my house (thats next week). Is the patch absolutely necessary? Should I wait until next week to grab the game?

hbkdx12

'Take Down' actually gives you a choice (kill or subdue), so I definitely prefer those.

hmm. Wasn't aware of this. At first i was confused between what take down/knock down meant in regards to killing them. If you have to take down an enemy, if you pause the game and look at the objective it says eliminate target, with knock down it says neutralize which makes me wonder why they just didn't use those words. So i had just assumed all take down targets needed to be killed. But either way if i have the option to lob a grenade at them and blow them up im gonna take it :)

Why make a criminal convoy mission with corrupt cops if you lose reputation when you shoot them?

hmm i don't recall this happening. Are you on a crowded street with civs? I remember one of my crooked cop convoys and it got intense and i blew a lot of things up and i don't remember my rep dropping and if it did it must not have been by a whole lot

Skyzard

Banned
How the F did you do that?
And where did you get the outfit from. I have the season pass and the gold digital edition from the ps4. Please tell me.

I was kidding about the cable, just pc version. About the jacket, I've heard others saying it wasn't showing for them either. IIRC it was called the chicago south club and I just went to a store and saw it already purchased (after sorting out the season pass). I assume it would show up at safe house wardrobes too.

Mystic654

Question: im thinking of picking up this game on PS4 but I don't currently have internet at my house (thats next week). Is the patch absolutely necessary? Should I wait until next week to grab the game?

No, It's just some minor AI fixes and matchmaking.

Liamc723

I've been trying to get the traced trophy but I've only ever been tailed once, and I've reset my notoriety repeatedly. Is there anything else I can do to boost my chances?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Could somebody give me a cheat sheet for decent WebM settings? I have no idea what to go for in optimizing size+quality at all...

DukeBobby

hmm i don't recall this happening. Are you on a crowded street with civs? I remember one of my crooked cop convoys and it got intense and i blew a lot of things up and i don't remember my rep dropping and if it did it must not have been by a whole lot

The convoy is on a very short route that runs through the city streets, so it's kind of hard to not be around civilians.

Xyber

Could somebody give me a cheat sheet for decent WebM settings? I have no idea what to go for in optimizing size+quality at all...

Are you using the bat file thingy that someone here at gaf made?

For resolution 600-800 is enough, if you want to show some more detail you could go up to 1280.

Just use the standard 4 in the quality setting.

6Mbit/s produces very good quality, 4 is also good.

ibzBVO1zQ9lze7.jpg

i5ot7zm1kx5a3.jpg

iABJ63e63dqKg.jpg

Rocketz

Question: I beat the Conspiracy! digital trip last night and revived the outfit from the trip to now wear. Is this the same with the other digital trips or just Conspiracy?

I've been trying to get the traced trophy but I've only ever been tailed once, and I've reset my notoriety repeatedly. Is there anything else I can do to boost my chances?

Invade lots of people. I don't seem to get invaded when I first load up the game. Once I do one myself I get invaded right after, regardless of the outcome of my invasion.

Sojgat

Question: I beat the Conspiracy! digital trip last night and revived the outfit from the trip to now wear. Is this the same with the other digital trips or just Conspiracy?

Completion of each digital trip unlocks a new outfit. Alone's is the best IMO.

malfcn

Haha I just pulled off a masterful hack.

The guy had blown up a steam pipe.
So I just ran circles behind it while he searched around the street.

Xyber

What platform? I encountered an issue where the purple indicator was bouncing around all over the map; can't help but think this was why.

PC.

The thing is, just before I tried to kill him he was staying on the other side of the building and went the opposite way no matter what I did (at normal speed without sprinting) and his dude didn't lag or anything. Every time he started to sprint is when the guy ran really fast.

So I don't think it was lag, I've seen some laggy dudes before and it was nothing like this. I hope it's not something I'll have to deal with often.

Double D

So, for 'Alone', you want to take down as many people possible for a high score? Seems like it would be better to reward you for going completely unseen.

I wish this sky color + lighting happened more. So Bladerunner.

bFY7z9Q.jpg

I really wish there was a way to pick the time of day/weather so I could avoid playing in the weirdly sunny daytime. The game looks great when it's foggy and rainy or at night. The daytime stuff has no mood at all, by comparison.

hbkdx12

So, for 'Alone', you want to take down as many people possible for a high score? Seems like it would be better to reward you for going completely unseen.

Yeah the digital trips aren't fully fleshed out but are still pretty good.

There really is no incentive or need to take them down other than for score and you get bullets for your emp gun

I pretty much tried to avoid them as much as i could which wasn't too hard since most of them have their back to u most of the time anyway

tehPete

Banned
Why does he only use 2 cars, with one even being a lousy patrol car. I almost only use SUVs now. 5 of these make for some trouble. :)

I was thinking that too; must have been a new player. Feel free to add me to your contacts, we'll have to have a few games :D In fact, it may be worth setting up a thread for the ctOS mobile mode alone; there's great scope in it for competitions / tournaments, and it'd be nice to have a set place for sharing the videos - but I'm only a junior & can't create threads yet :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I really wish there was a way to pick the time of day/weather so I could avoid playing in the weirdly sunny daytime. The game looks great when it's foggy and rainy or at night. The daytime stuff has no mood at all, by comparison.
Well, you can pic the time of day by sleeping at a hideout.

Skyzard

Banned
Well, you can pic the time of day by sleeping at a hideout.

Other than looking at the sky etc, is there an actual clock in the game? I would have thought your phone would be able to tell you the current time.

Does it default to +1 hour when you select to sleep?

I think it is. I never got invaded yesterday when I never hacked/tailed anyone. On contrast, when I was doing a ton of tailing and hacking, I was getting invaded constantly. I think they throw you in the pot for matchmaking if you are already doing online stuff.

I don't think it has to do with using online, it's more of a confirmation bias thing. Since searching for a player to hack counts as being free to be invaded (and you can't start any single player content while searching anyway), it just seems more likely because you get invaded while searching for a player. Also the game will tell you you are being invaded because it has to give you a reason why it can't find a player.

sjay1994

You can pick time of day, just not weather.

Really surprised by how much I'm enjoying this. Went from "meh" during all the previews and lead-up hype, still "meh" after reading reviews.

Then I started watching some streams and it got me curious enough to take the dive, traded in COD and Dark Souls 2 for this the other day.

I really love how it's NOT like GTA at all, something I was kind of scared of going in. I finished all of Act I only using my gun a handful of times, definitely feels more like I'm playing a stealth game with all the sneaking around I've been doing. Hope that continues.

Story is surprisingly engaging as well.

omonimo

Banned
Can someone explain me why the game suffer so much of tearing during the
disco level
not seem that expensive to me. I mean ubisoft, 900p for this? I'm disguted.

I also have to say that this is one of the better implementations of a weapon wheel. Main weapons are on the primary directions while grenades and tools are on diagonals, and since there are only 8 choices it's hard to miss selecting something (unlike 12 in an AC game). Not pausing the game also helps it feel fluid.

tranciful

Can someone explain me why the game suffer so much of tearing during the
disco level
not seem that expensive to me. I mean ubisoft, 900p for this? I'm disguted.

I haven't seen that scene but it sounds like there'd be a lot of lights and maybe some fog

omonimo

Banned
I haven't seen that scene but it sounds like there'd be a lot of lights and maybe some fog
I absure to you, the area it's quite small.There is some light but come on, nothing of crazy. It's really really embarassing. It's a simple main mission in a close area where you just walk.

Special C

Online decryption is kind of dumb. Why do you get credit for the other teams hacking progress? Makes the entire game not matter until the last couple of minutes.

DukeBobby

I also have to say that this is one of the better implementations of a weapon wheel. Main weapons are on the primary directions while grenades and tools are on diagonals, and since there are only 8 choices it's hard to miss selecting something (unlike 12 in an AC game). Not pausing the game also helps it feel fluid.

I wish you could drop/sell weapons, though. I don't want to cycle through 8 handguns to find the one I want, while a bunch of enemies are on my ass.

JerC

Online decryption is kind of dumb. Why do you get credit for the other teams hacking progress? Makes the entire game not matter until the last couple of minutes.

It's how many times you decypt. Not how much you do. It's fairly annoying but it's the only thing I have figured out to help you win. Kills only count when you have the same amount of attempts to decrypt as someone else.

Also is anyone here playing this in SLI? I only realised mine was off now but the game runs worse with SLI. The leaves and road markings were showing through everything. I could also see the water from miles away. And it just runs at the same FPS but with stuttering.

Carbonox

Another day, another instance of no Traced trophy. Sigh. Just to add insult to injury the last bit of online 'invasion' I got today was the first poxy Online Hacking in two days.

Fuck sake UbiSoft.

Got a couple of missions left to finish Act 4 (loving this act) and one song left to get for the song trophy too.

Top Bottom